Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found a new way to get Defog onto Togekiss?

After searching around all I've come up with is the original method (HM05 in Gen4), but was hoping there was a new way now with the buff it has received.

How do I get the hidden abilities of the evolved form of pokemon in the friend safari. For example, I want multiscale dnite. Do i have to catch a marvel scale dragonair and bred it until i get a marvel scale dratini?

So if I get a marvel scale dratini is it 100% that it is gonna breed into a multiscale dnite?

How do I get the hidden abilities of the evolved form of pokemon in the friend safari. For example, I want multiscale dnite. Do i have to catch a marvel scale dragonair and bred it until i get a marvel scale dratini?

So if I get a marvel scale dratini is it 100% that it is gonna breed into a multiscale dnite?
If you catch a Pokemon with its Hidden Ability and evolve it, its evolved form will have its hidden ability. So Marvel Scale Dragonair will always turn into Multiscale Dragonite and both will have a chance to have a baby Dratini with Marvel Scale.

Since the Ditto thread just closed...

Anyway to make it viable without Choice Scarf?
Leftovers can be useful since it's a generally good item on any Pokemon. It would be best on a Ditto that wants to come in on bulky Pokemon like Forretress and then set up hazards and spin them away. With any item other than Choice Scarf, you have to watch out for Speed ties, which makes Ditto less reliable as a revenge killer.

Where would be a good place to post a theorymon about the new six gen pokemon and how good we think they will be for example a thread about aegislash

Question about Friend Safari and hidden abilities. Will the hidden ability only appear if my friend is online and beaten the Elite 4? Also can any of the 3 Pokemon on their list have the hidden ability or is it just the rare 3rd Pokemon? Thanks.

Hey guys, first post in many years.
I'm currently soft-resetting for a Hasty Yveltal but I need to figure out how to determine perfect SpAtk IV just by looking at Summary during the battle.

Perfect HP: 201
Perfect Speed: 130
Perfect Sp. Atk: 166 with +SpAtk nature, ??? with neutral?

Question about Friend Safari and hidden abilities. Will the hidden ability only appear if my friend is online and beaten the Elite 4? Also can any of the 3 Pokemon on their list have the hidden ability or is it just the rare 3rd Pokemon? Thanks.
The 3rd pokemon won't show up until the E4 is beaten, you and your friend being online at the same time after this point unlocks the 3rd mon AND the hidden abilities of all 3.

Edit: S1GH What I did was load up pokemon showdown, go to teambuilder and select Yveltak, configure the level/nature etc then use the sliders to get the stats shown on your screen to determine the IVs

Edit: S1GH What I did was load up pokemon showdown, go to teambuilder and select Yveltak, configure the level/nature etc then use the sliders to get the stats shown on your screen to determine the IVs
I don't have showdown (or know what it is lol) but there are working XY calcs available now so I figured it out.
My Yveltal ended up 31/3/23/31/11/31. Bummer. XD

Correct. A dratini/dragonair with marvel scale will always evolve into a Dragonite with multiscale. The abilities work by going into 'slots', 1, 2, or 3. The third slot is always the hidden ability. The pokemon may not have a 2nd or 3rd slot, however, such as Gengar always having levitate no matter what. But, a pokemon with an ability in slot 1 will never evolve into a pokemon with an ability in any slot besides slot 1.

Since the Ditto thread just closed...

Anyway to make it viable without Choice Scarf?
Leftovers may work too, but choice scarf is typically best so you can transform and outspeed the opponent you transformed into. Life Orb is another possibility.

Where would be a good place to post a theorymon about the new six gen pokemon and how good we think they will be for example a thread about aegislash
Uncharted Territory. There's already a thread there for Aegislash too so you can see what other people have already said.

All three pokemon will have the hidden ability. The hidden ability will only appear if your friend has defeated the E4 and unlocked all three. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not they need to be online for the hidden ability to appear because I had someone log off while I was in their safari and still found the hidden ability, but since I entered while they were online maybe it registered then and the game treated it like they were online? I'm not too sure.

Why don't I see people use evasion moves?
Do you mean on this site or in general? On the site we tend to frown at evasion abuse because it detracts from gameplay and puts RNG in the hands of lady luck. In general, evasion moves are gimmicky and rely on luck. It could potentially cause a complete novice to defeat a very masterful player simply by getting lucky, or it could fail miserably and you never get the chance to set up your evasion. A great player tends to rely less on luck and more on calculated risks, and using a moveslot for double team is not a very great risk vs. reward.

Just saw that you can pass down certain tutor moves by breeding, eg seismic toss on Blissey.
Is this just because the Blissey line now inherently has ST as a regular egg move, or does this apply to all tutor moves?

Has anyone been able to sign on to Pokemon GL since the launch of XY? It seems like there is 100% uptime on maintenance. I've checked 2-3 times a day, every day, for the last 6 days.

Anyone know why the Inverse Battles thread was closed? I haven't seen a corresponding thread in Other Metagames and I'd really like to get in on that.

What is a good EV spread for a xerneas? I'm looking at a mentioned

152 def
252 sp attack
104 Speed
I'd recommend either 72 HP/252 SpAtk/184 Spe to outrun same Natured Kyogre or 32 HP/252 SpAtk/224 Spe to outrun same Natured Rayquaza. Max Speed could also be useful to tie with Yveltal, Genesect, and other Xerneas. The reason I put the remaining EVs into HP is because HP helps you take both physical and special hits. However, if you're only worried about taking one type of hit or the other, putting the EVs in the appropriate defense would be better.

How do I teach Bounce to my Gyrados?
I don't think you can in XY. Bounce was a Tutor move for Gyarados in Platinum and BW2, so you'd have to teach it to it in those games and then transfer it to XY when Pokemon Bank comes out.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not they need to be online for the hidden ability to appear because I had someone log off while I was in their safari and still found the hidden ability, but since I entered while they were online maybe it registered then and the game treated it like they were online? I'm not too sure.
I'm almost 100% certain that they don't have to be online for the Hidden Ability to be found, since I caught a Magician Braixen in my friend's Safari, and I entered after they were offline. It does make their "Rare" Pokemon more common, though: While they were online, the field was lousy with Braixen, afterwards, they were harder to find.

Is there a semi-simple way to increase my chances of getting HP-fire through breeding? I have a Greninja with good IVs but it can''t learn the HP that I need. Any help would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)