Other ORAS OU Viability Ranking Thread - Check post #2359

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that while mew has lost a bit of viability because of mega sableye, it still has a great role as an overall utility mon with Defog and rocks. I wouldn't be surprised to see it find a new set in the Oras meta game. Nasty plot baton pass for example can beat out calm minding megabro and megasabe.

DaVolterbomb

Banned deucer.
In the interest of moving this discussion along, can we talk more about mega garde? How does it work better against stall exactly?
It destroys 2 stall megas that came to ORAS: Slowbro and Sableye. it also has like 2 answers on stall, one being Chansey and the other being Blissey (\o/) and even then it can slowly toxic them to death if they wanted to. It also has an ideal speed tier for stall and it pretty much cockblocks many setup stall sweepers (MBro and so on) with a status move.
The guy hits hard and lends out status to cripple shit. It basically has no answers to its amazing Hyper Voice damage, and with Focus Blast it pretty much gives the middle finger to many things that threaten it without Focus Blast.

Easily an S mon for stallbreaking, but as an HO offensive mon, its like an A-/B+ and as a Bulky attacker, its like below D... But all in all its definetly an A+ or maybe even A rank mon.

EDIT: also forgot about taunt (how did i forget about taunt e_e)

Why do I easily startle and enrage people in the internet? I think it's because of two things

-My opinion usually differs.
-The internet is filled with 10 year olds.

Anyway let's keep this on topic. M-Sableye has a terrible speed! Does anybody disagree?!

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It destroys 2 stall megas that came to ORAS: Slowbro and Sableye. it also has like 2 answers on stall, one being Chansey and the other being Blissey (\o/) and even then it can slowly toxic them to death if they wanted to. It also has an ideal speed tier for stall and it pretty much cockblocks many setup stall sweepers (MBro and so on) with a status move.
The guy hits hard and lends out status to cripple shit. It basically has no answers to its amazing Hyper Voice damage, and with Focus Blast it pretty much gives the middle finger to many things that threaten it without Focus Blast.

Easily an S mon for stallbreaking, but as an HO offensive mon, its like an A-/B+ and as a Bulky attacker, its like below D... But all in all its definetly an A+ or maybe even A rank mon.
You forgot about SpD Jirachi, which is incredibly good on stall and laughs at mega gardevoir.
Edit: @ above mega sableye has terrible speed, that's a fact - there is no possible discussion over that.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Mega Garde is definitely A+ rank in my opinion with stall growing and M-Garde just laughing at it
DaVolterbomb M-Gardevoir actually kills Chansey as it 3HKO's it with Psyshock and can Taunt it to prevent Toxic or Soft-Boiled.

Yeah, that Sceptile. Few things hard wall it, except the likes of bulky fairies (especially Altaria). Also, switching in on Rotom W is pretty safe/easy with a chance of SPA boost, and considerably less fear of WoW. A nice niche considering how many mons Rotom walls. (Maybe good Talonbuddy?)

Anyway let's keep this on topic. M-Sableye has a terrible speed! Does anybody disagree?!
It does, but it usually relies on its defenses. It tends to will o wisp or calm mind in the face of faster pokemon and proceed to recover and shadow ball.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe drop Keldeo. Mega Altaria, Megabro, Sableye, and Tentacruel came to town. Good mon, but I don't know about S rank.

Also M-Sableye is kind of a weird choice for a mega. Have you mostly morons guys seen any defensive mega? Mega aggron got kicked (fighting type attack) in the nuts when it tried to be a viable mega slot.

edit: Wasn't plain sableye more viable than its mega?

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
What is this amazing stallbreaking set everyone is talking about?
You mean on Mega Gardevoir? It's basically Hyper Voice + Psyshock + Taunt, as Taunt really hurts stall, Hyper Voice does sooo much damage and Psyshock hits the annoying special walls

Also M-Sableye is kind of a weird choice for a mega. Have you mostly morons guys seen any defensive mega? Mega aggron got kicked (fighting type attack) in the nuts when it tried to be a viable mega slot.
Yeah, because stall and semi-stall runs defensive mega's: Often Mega Venusaur or ~~your crush~~ Charizard X, but with ORAS M-Sableye and M-Slowbro also helps (semi-) stall. There is no point in running something like Mega Lopunny or Mega Gallade for those teams

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I used to think MGallade should be S but that was before I realized how ridiculously influential Mega-Sableye is. MGallade doesn't need much support, but it definitely does need support to overcome MSableye teams since it can easily become a liability against them. The fact that Unaware is the preferred ability for Clefable at the moment is another draw against it. From what I can tell it still completely demolishes balanced/bulky teams which feature neither of these though. A+ is fine for it.

Mega-Scizor and Mega-Gardevoir are fine in A+ imo, MScizor is a great check to a lot of new megas (Altaria, Beedrill, Diancie, Metagross if defensive) and despite the popularity of Magnezone, it's still a really solid mega that can go both offensive and defensive quite effectively. MGarde doesn't suffer too much competition from MAltaria since they don't really fill the same roles : while MAltaria is a bulky glue/setup sweeper/wall, MGardevoir is just a nuke, and one which is really brutal for Stall and Balance to handle (which is pretty valuable right now given how good Stall is) and also has utility vs offense by being able to check a few things there such as Latis, Sceptile, Thundurus and Keldeo (usually scarfed nowadays which helps MGarde switch into it). Its effectiveness is probably due to the fact that people aren't really prepared for it though (most teams I see that aren't weak to it were built around MMetagross to begin with lol), once people start to take it into account more I could see it dropping since a couple of things (MMetagross and the increased popularity of Jirachi and Klefki) do hold it back, but right now it's very scary and probably still A+ worthy.

Last edited:
please stop

SpD bronzong is also a viable answer to mega garde for stall, and it also gives a more-reliable answer to mega diancie as earth power 2hkoes SpD jirachi after rocks iirc (252/136+), could be wrong though
You mean "stop" because M-Sableye is so slow that it gives the impression that it stopped?!!?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
please stop

SpD bronzong is also a viable answer to mega garde for stall, and it also gives a more-reliable answer to mega diancie as earth power 2hkoes SpD jirachi after rocks iirc (252/136+), could be wrong though
I tend to run close if not max spdef on jirachi, which I'm pretty sure avoids the 2hko. But yeah, bronzong is a pretty cool mon to use that checks a bunch of shit.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You mean "stop" because M-Sableye is so slow that it gives the impression that it stopped?!!?
Lol

edit: Wasn't plain sableye more viable than its mega?
Mega sableye's calm mind wisp +2 STAB attacks set can wall most common pokemon in the meta and sweep after a few boosts against a weakened enough team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)