OU RMT (First RMT Evar)

This team has been put to tests and played with quite alot and I have decided to post a RMT to make it even better.

On a quick glance this is my team:

As you can see I have tried to cover the weaknesses of all my teams pokemon with another pokemon. Example Metagross is weak to Fire and Ground and Latias is Immune to Ground and resist Fire. Latias is weak to Dragon and Ice who Metagross resists.

At a deeper look:

Infernape

@ Focus sash
Naive
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk 192 Spe 64 Atk
- Fake Out
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

Stealth rock is almost mandatory on any good lead (Froslass for example uses Spikes instead of Stealt Rock) and I would like to get them up as fast as possible but my main priority is to stop enemy entry hazards then set up Stealth Rocks of my own if possible. Infernape can fare quite well against quite a few common leads. Infernape can be a good pokemon after leading if it lives still as it is strong and fast. SR is important to stop because on of my pokemon is weak to it and never likes losing 25% of its health and 12% HP is also nothing to laugh at considering it is only support.

Scizor

@ Choice Band
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk 248 HP 8 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-Turn
- Pursuit

Lol I am soooo original using CB Scizor lololol. This can switch in on Gengar aiming a Shadow Ball at Latias and either Pursuit or Bullet punch it to death. Nothing much to say straight forward Standard CB Scizor. It gives my team actual priority moves as Fake Out isn't too strong on lead Infernape mainly just a sash breaker. Of course with priority it can revenge kill easily weakened pokemon.

Latias

@ Choice Scarf
Timid
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Well if it isn't Latias the half Über dragon. It can revenge kill many things with or without Scarf. It can even trick people into thinking that it is scarfed and cause a switch if specsed. When being choice locked is too much a burden trick your choice item to a wall. As Latias is quite bulky it has no problem switching on a not very effective move aimed at about half my team. If you haven't noticed yet all my pokes are relatively bulky and offensive.

Shaymin

@ Life Orb
Timid
EVs: 32 HP 252 Sp. Atk 224 Spe
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power Fire 70
- Earth Power
- Rest

Earth Power lets it deal with Heatran and Magnezone the latter being hit for super effective but weaker damage from HP Fire. In my opinion Shaymin is very underrated for its potential I think it should be OU but meh BL is still banned fron UU and is only able in OU or Übers so pretty much the same thing. This can also take T-Waves aimed at Latias or Gyarados quite well due to Natural Cure. HP Fire kills Scizor which can be a pain sometimes. Shaymin FTW!!!

Gyarados

@ Leftovers
Adamant
EVs: 156 HP 72 Atk 96 Def 184 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Bulky Gyarados is great DD works well in most cases even used rigth off the bat because how do most individuals deal with Gyarados by Switching as I DD. if they bring something in that can handle it very well I go to a counter to it. Scizor on Gengar etc... Taunt walls and the troublesome T-Wave fail without swithing to Shaymin and taking possible Stealth Rock damage. this is were it is important Infernape manages to stop Stealth Rock on enemy leads if they have it. As for Toxic Spikes my team shrugs it off very well as 4 immunities and 1 natural cure pokemon. If T-Bolt is coming from something else than Gengar pretty much I switch to either Latias or Shaymin.

Metagross

@ Life Orb
Adamant
EVs: 112 HP 252 Atk 12 Def 132 Spe
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Last but not least Metagross. What to say? Standard Agility Metagross set. It is deadly after 1 Agility and it has a chance to get its power plussed from Meteor Mash. +2 Speed and +1 Attack Metagross has the potential to sweep a whole team already. You don't want to mess with it. I can just explode on potential threats to my team like stuff after some stuff have died or a I dunno can't think of too many threats to explode on.

Anyways that is my team and I want improvements for it. It has doen very well in the past and I want more out of it from now on.

I will EDIT a threat list into this post later on so you can post now freely to comment on my team. I don't mind consturtive criticism but do not post here saying stuff like this ``Your team sucks!´´ or ``You just use OU pokemon!´´ For the later it is completely allowed and for you that skipped some of my team I have Shaymin in my team which is BL not OU. BTW if you do skip some of my team why bother posting in this RMT? As I said this is my 1st RMT so don't post ``Your RMT sucks´´.

I will only put the ones I have a bit-a lot trouble with.

Offensive Threats:

Breloom: Well I send in my weakest pokemon considering the situation to take the sleep and then switch to something to kill it.

Dragonite: Latias if I have a safe switch in and if Metagross has Agility it can Meteor Mash it after SR it should KO I think. Scizor if it doesn't pack Fire Blast

Latias: Scizor, Latias of my own, Metagross can go wtf boom on it.

Machamp: I hate this thing but Latias can do it so can Gyarados if it has no Stone Edge.

Defensive threats:

Bronzong: This is hard because it only has 1 weakness (because its ability negatates the other one) I usually go to Infernape to Fire Blast and scout what ability it has If Levitate Infernape can work. If Heatproof Then Metagross. Shaymin works either way. Gyarados can Taunt it.

Gliscor: Latias can work against it with surf, Gyarados can Taunt then Waterfall/DD up on it.

Tentacruel: It can take some time but it can't harm me too bad. Taunt from Gyarados can always work.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi.

I will start saying that the team seems to be very well made and the only threat it should care about is SD Lucario, at least that one is the most worrying. And that can be solved by replacing Infernape for lead Gliscor:

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly nature.
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stealth rock
- U-turn/Taunt
- Roost

Gliscor is a very good lead, and unlike Ape, it counts with a much better survival factor, which is just perfect when you are looking for support in your lead.
Like I mentioned a couple of lines above, Gliscor will act as your main response to SD Lucario and the likes of Machamp/Heracross so you reserve Gyarados for what it needs to do and not to take hits.
Gliscor is still very fast and it offers you other options like Taunt that can be very helpful in mid-game for example.

On Latias, use a Scarf because you need to revenge kill DD Gyarados. Also, a second way of dealing with DD Mence / DD Dragonite is always welcome.

On Metagross, I want you to try out the following spread: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe (Adamant). The idea behind it is not to only outpace ScarfTran (what you were already doing) but 100 neutral base Pokémon such as ScarfFlygon.

Nothing more, good luck.

Thanks alot I will try out that Gliscor but tbh what if they get SR up and then I am owned.
But if it doesn't work I'll go back to ape. Not exactly sure why SD luke is a problem as Metagross and Gyarados can handle it even after and SD due to intimidate.

Is IMPISH good enough on Gliscor?

For Latias I have noticed that Scarf and specs are both good and I will probably be changing them around every now and then. I would go with Scarf but I have timid not Modest so it fails because lack of power. I might change to scarf 100% if you provide me with some damage calculations on stuff like T-Tar taking a surf and stuff. Important enemies I should be aware of.

For the EV spread on metagross tbh I like mine more I'll keep it.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is IMPISH good enough on Gliscor
No. You need jolly. His defence is already good enough as it is, and Jolly will help you to taunt/u-turn against some leads before they set up/hit you. It is also necessary against Lucario in some cases. You might actually want a bit more speed than that, for other Gliscor.

Scarf Latias loses to Ttar, so no-one is going to produce such as calc. I would still recommend Scarf, but also that you are careful to scout the switch in.

I've got to say this is a very good team. I see three pokemon weak to fire, which would be a problem but your other three resist it, still that's something you might want to think about. other than that I'd say that you should switch Latias to scarf latias. Timid is actualy better, because you want to guarantee you're outspeeding DD Salamence, since it can be a real threat to this team. EQ+fire Blast+outrage means you're sunk without a scarfer, so you definately want to swtich that. otherwise, like I said. It's a really good team.

EDIT: yeah, against TTar you're screwed no matter what. even with Specsed surf in the SS he onlys taking 48-53 percent, meanwhile he's doing 80-94% with pursuit EVEN if you're not switching out. so you're screwed against him unless you catch him on the switch in. but the rest of your team handles him nicely(Metagross outspeeds and OKOHs, Infernape, if he lived OKOHs, Gyarados can pick one off if it's lost half of it's health, scizor just laughs at any set save bait tar, and shaymin can even seriously dent it) all of my calcs were done assuming CBtar btw.

kk I know that it is weak to fire x3 and resist fire x3 but it usually beats fire so that is fine. I'll change it to a scarfer.

Now the lead should I use Gliscor or Ape? I prefer ape because it is better at stopping rocks than gliscor. And has power.

EDIT: Ok awesome scarfed it is. No doubt in my mind.

IF you want to stop rocks then I'd sugest Azelf or even Crobat with their fast taunts. Azelf can proceed to put up rocks of it's own, and handles many of the current leads nicely, but ironically loses to your current lead if it takes a more offensive route

No Infernape can stop rocks better than taunt can because kill over switch. I can afford SR on the field on 1 kill.

BTW Is Leech Seed better than Earth Power on my Shaymin?

You probably want earth power to cover steels (especially heatran and metagross) that want to come in on Seed Flare.

Gliscor lead is solid, but you should probably run jolly+max speed on it instead of the 252/40/216 (the extra bit of defensive bulk isn't worth autolosing to other max speed gliscor, which are becoming more common).

As far as scarf vs. LO on lati, one thing to consider is that Specs Latias surf will 2hko ttar and scizor when hitting them on the switch, which LO falls short of. If you wanted to, you rely on scizor to revenge kill DDmence and run Specs Latias over your current scarf set. It can cripple the same switch-ins with Trick but can also have the power to 2hko switch-ins like ttar and scizor (same moveset/EVs but with specs over scarf).

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Calculations... in real life the aim of Scarf Latias is not to inflict a considerable amount of damage to your enemy, its use is as simple as it's made for countering and revenge killing; i.e: DD Gyarados, DD Salamence, DD Dragonite, DD Kingdra (all of them, in normal conditions, will get OHKOed by the proper move). And other stat uppers as CM Suicune, CM Latias, etcétera, that you just Trick in case they weren't in your KO range.
So calcs aren't necessary; ScarfLatias does an specific thing in this team, and that is the line you have to follow ;)

For Gliscor, Jolly. You need to be faster than Jolly Lucario and sometimes you will find it valuable when an opposing CM Jirachi needs to be revenge killed for example. Don't worry about the loose of defense, it isn't that important for this Gliscor.

On Shaymin, keep Earth Power. Heatran is enough reason to use it.

I wouldn't rely on your opponent's breloom to mispredict your switch. Just send in your weakest poke at the time as a sacrifice and come in with Latias, Gyara, or metagross and take him out.

Ok then I'll change that into there because I hate brelooms and have no counter for it but now I know the way to deal with it. 100% accurate sleep is broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)