OUTC Round #9 [ENTRIES OPEN] .post332

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In the end, this round has be won by a noob host ... Redemy wins !
The value of his vote will be doubled, and his team enters the hall of fame, congratulation to him !

Thanks to all the voters, you were a lot to participate in this round, the attention you give to the teams is a reward in itself !

I hereby announce the Eighth round of the OUTC with a new unic core to toy with :

+

Two big boys, joining their forces in a high five for this round. Some fools insulted Conk's momma y'know, and that can't be left unpunished y'know. That's why the mighty mantis decided to take part in the vendetta because "yo man, don't mess with mommas, that's serious business yo, imma trap your fake ass bitch yo".
And yes, I suck at this, so let's just ask to Big Punisher and his pardner Joe why they're still not playin :
Good luck to everyone, have fun !

(I'm sorry if you thought that Ariane Grande' song wasn't another lame ass rerun of a past song)

Entries will be closed in 7 days !

Edit : Don't be afraid to post your opinion on the core, the opportunities you can identify, the particularities, the way it needs to be played to be viable etc..

Last edited:
i happened upon this thread some time ago and thought it was a cool idea; since i have a team featuring the ScizConk core i thought i'd might as well share it.
now, scizor and conkeldurr are 2 pokes that synergize with each other fairly well in that generally speaking, conk breaks down/weakens bulkier mons such as jelli, skarm, forry and tentacruel that by virtue of their bulk and/or typing prevent sciz from sweeping/hurting sciz-weak members of the opposing team. in return, scizor can bully, or trap, for that matter -depending on the set-, mons that plague conk, like lati@s and zam. both mons also boast powerful sources of priority with great typing, meaning that things like terrak and kyub, otherwise top-tier ou threats, are checked by the presence of ScizConk on a team. weaknesses of the core then, are boosted water moves (so rain balance/offence); neither does it fare well against sun - this weakness to weather is a key factor to note when teambuilding. anyway, here is my team:

Weatherless Offence with ScizConk

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 HP / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 SDef / 120 HP
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 52 SAtk / 88 Def / 100 Spd / 16 SDef
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rest
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]

the team as a cohesive whole attempts to build up and capitalise on early game momentum by employing hazard support from heatran and roserade, the 2 of which form a decent core that is effective in sponging damage in the short term. as the segue into midgame takes place, and RoseTran is getting worn down, i use latios and conk to break down walls that will hinder an endgame sweep by sciz or luc. the playstyle of the team is offence - not hyper offence in that the team is still supported by a defensive backbone. below is a short individual analysis of each pokemon.

latios does alot for the team - being a glue of sorts, it holds up against sun and rain teams, softens up bulky waters and just takes chunks out of stuff in general with dpulse. it also lures and kills tran and weakened rachi with eq, and maims steels that stupidly switch in on it w hpfire. psyshock is reliable stab, taking out tenta, bringing volc down to espeed ko range, and killing opposing conk (lol). i play more carefully with latios when dealing with ttar sand teams, but mid-lategame, baiting ttar with latios and saccing it is the perfect opening for me to send in and set up luc/sciz. life orb to maximise damage output especially on eq.

scizor is part one of the core that prompted this post, and when it comes to scizor sets there is nothing i like more than the old classic bulky SDZor. this thing does serious work. lum, roost and sd allows it to get past stuff like gliscor and jelli that walls the other sets; it also allows me to set up on outrage-locked pokemon, and sponge dmeteors that much more effectively. nothing much to say about this, often it gets to +3, and takes the game from there.

conkeldurr, part two of ScizConk and an absolute wrecking ball. conk is the undisputed best mon at picking apart otherwise tried-and-true, traditional cores - skarmbliss, ferrocent... really, it's unnerving how most balanced/stall teams crack under conk's balance of power, bulk and priority. this thing breaks skarm, jelli, cruel, ferro, forry, donphan, lando-t, and certain keldeo and starmie. along with sciz it keeps rak and kyub at bay too. conk requires minimal skill/prediction to use. ideally, kill 2 mons (or kill 1 cripple 1), die and let my sweepers do work. i use iron fist + hammer arm instead of sheer force + drain punch because power, rather than longevity, is more crucial to conk in this team. hammer arm also minimises the need for me to make certain predictions which are essentially 50/50.

heatran provides so much utility rolled into one ugly package. dragon resist, sun check, sr setter, and a fast taunt are the main ones. taunt off base 77(+) speed allows me to shut down custap skarm which is otherwise very annoying. it also shuts down smeargle (HA) and screws over bp teams (HA). air balloon + hp ice allows me to get the better of outrage leadchomp. overheat for the significant power bonus - tran isn't a mon that stays in for long anyway. hp ice over earth power so i can tank outrages and actually do something in return. most importantly is sr, which tran finds many opportunities to set up. this build suffers badly from fmss though; the use of taunt at the expense of epower/toxic often frustrates me greatly.

lucario, bringer of the endgame. espeed is stellar in this meta, picking off so many offensive threats from ~50% health. whenever i find the opportunity to use it midgame, unboosted cc puts a huge dent in whatever gets hit by it - that or something just dies. ice punch is still great for murdering that stupid lando-t that will come in on you every 3rd match thinking it can wall luc (seriously this gets me really MAD - would people stop doing that so i can run bp instead). luc's brilliant typing also helps me against opposing scizor, which many offensive teams outright lack an answer to.

roserade is an oft-overlooked pokemon that meru helped bring into the ou spotlight (somewhat). sure enough, when i size it up its flaws (hapless against sun teams, dragmag..) stand out much more glaringly than its merits. however, said merits are not to be underestimated. rose is my rotom-w check, second rain team check, and most importantly, spikes setter. spikes are integral for sciz, luc and conk to function optimally, allowing them to net many relevant kos. it's simple as that: my team needed spikes. it needed a rain team check, and rose provided both of those. hpfire lures steels, gdrain is solid stab, and rest often translates into another layer of spikes a few turns on. the ev spread looks screwed; notably it allows me to do min 88% to cbzor w hpfire, and outrun neutral-natured base 70s. i wish i could say more about rose but i can't - it's there simply for the utility it provides superbly. and it's cute, i guess.

this team, while not one of my best, has served me quite comfortably and is one of my go-to ladder teams. so that's my entry for this round. view, comment, vote.

Last edited:
i replied to my own post when i meant to make an edit, will a mod kindly delete this ty

since kingler12345 commented on my first post i might as well reply him in this post:

it's a matter of maneuvering around jelli and landing the thunderpunch with conk. many times, people end up saccing jelli to conk (or letting it get weakened anyway). i won't deny that it isn't a pain, but it's not worth it using acrozor just to make life easier against jelli/cruel when i can use a stellar set like bulky SDZor that synergises brilliantly with the rest of my team. with my current ev spread and roost, sciz can function as a dmeteor sponge, set up on outrage, and tank random, moderately powerful attacks (like ttar's superpower), roosting off the damage and hence performing as an excellent pivot with good longevity. this is a role that acrozor cannot fulfill.

Last edited:
i happened upon this thread some time ago and thought it was a cool idea; since i have a team featuring the ScizConk core i thought i'd might as well share it.
now, scizor and conkeldurr are 2 pokes that synergize with each other fairly well in that generally speaking, conk breaks down/weakens bulkier mons such as jelli, skarm, forry and tentacruel that by virtue of their bulk and/or typing prevent sciz from sweeping/hurting sciz-weak members of the opposing team. in return, scizor can bully, or trap, for that matter -depending on the set-, mons that plague conk, like lati@s and zam. both mons also boast powerful sources of priority with great typing, meaning that things like terrak and kyub, otherwise top-tier ou threats, are checked by the presence of ScizConk on a team. weaknesses of the core then, are boosted water moves (so rain balance/offence); neither does it fare well against sun - this weakness to weather is a key factor to note when teambuilding. anyway, here is my team:

Weatherless Offence with ScizConk

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Lum Berry
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 HP / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 SDef / 120 HP
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 52 SAtk / 88 Def / 100 Spd / 16 SDef
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rest
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]

the team as a cohesive whole attempts to build up and capitalise on early game momentum by employing hazard support from heatran and roserade, the 2 of which form a decent core that is effective in sponging damage in the short term. as the segue into midgame takes place, and RoseTran is getting worn down, i use latios and conk to break down walls that will hinder an endgame sweep by sciz or luc. the playstyle of the team is offence - not hyper offence in that the team is still supported by a defensive backbone. below is a short individual analysis of each pokemon.

latios does alot for the team - being a glue of sorts, it holds up against sun and rain teams, softens up bulky waters and just takes chunks out of stuff in general with dpulse. it also lures and kills tran and weakened rachi with eq, and maims steels that stupidly switch in on it w hpfire. psyshock is reliable stab, taking out tenta, bringing volc down to espeed ko range, and killing opposing conk (lol). i play more carefully with latios when dealing with ttar sand teams, but mid-lategame, baiting ttar with latios and saccing it is the perfect opening for me to send in and set up luc/sciz. life orb to maximise damage output especially on eq.

scizor is part one of the core that prompted this post, and when it comes to scizor sets there is nothing i like more than the old classic bulky SDZor. this thing does serious work. lum, roost and sd allows it to get past stuff like gliscor and jelli that walls the other sets; it also allows me to set up on outrage-locked pokemon, and sponge dmeteors that much more effectively. nothing much to say about this, often it gets to +3, and takes the game from there.

conkeldurr, part two of ScizConk and an absolute wrecking ball. conk is the undisputed best mon at picking apart otherwise tried-and-true, traditional cores - skarmbliss, ferrocent... really, it's unnerving how most balanced/stall teams crack under conk's balance of power, bulk and priority. this thing breaks skarm, jelli, cruel, ferro, forry, donphan, lando-t, and certain keldeo and starmie. along with sciz it keeps rak and kyub at bay too. conk requires minimal skill/prediction to use. ideally, kill 2 mons (or kill 1 cripple 1), die and let my sweepers do work. i use iron fist + hammer arm instead of sheer force + drain punch because power, rather than longevity, is more crucial to conk in this team. hammer arm also minimises the need for me to make certain predictions which are essentially 50/50.

heatran provides so much utility rolled into one ugly package. dragon resist, sun check, sr setter, and a fast taunt are the main ones. taunt off base 77(+) speed allows me to shut down custap skarm which is otherwise very annoying. it also shuts down smeargle (HA) and screws over bp teams (HA). air balloon + hp ice allows me to get the better of outrage leadchomp. overheat for the significant power bonus - tran isn't a mon that stays in for long anyway. hp ice over earth power so i can tank outrages and actually do something in return. most importantly is sr, which tran finds many opportunities to set up. this build suffers badly from fmss though; the use of taunt at the expense of epower/toxic often frustrates me greatly.

lucario, bringer of the endgame. espeed is stellar in this meta, picking off so many offensive threats from ~50% health. whenever i find the opportunity to use it midgame, unboosted cc puts a huge dent in whatever gets hit by it - that or something just dies. ice punch is still great for murdering that stupid lando-t that will come in on you every 3rd match thinking it can wall luc (seriously this gets me really MAD - would people stop doing that so i can run bp instead). luc's brilliant typing also helps me against opposing scizor, which many offensive teams outright lack an answer to.

roserade is an oft-overlooked pokemon that meru helped bring into the ou spotlight (somewhat). sure enough, when i size it up its flaws (hapless against sun teams, dragmag..) stand out much more glaringly than its merits. however, said merits are not to be underestimated. rose is my rotom-w check, second rain team check, and most importantly, spikes setter. spikes are integral for sciz, luc and conk to function optimally, allowing them to net many relevant kos. it's simple as that: my team needed spikes. it needed a rain team check, and rose provided both of those. hpfire lures steels, gdrain is solid stab, and rest often translates into another layer of spikes a few turns on. the ev spread looks screwed; notably it allows me to do min 88% to cbzor w hpfire, and outrun neutral-natured base 70s. i wish i could say more about rose but i can't - it's there simply for the utility it provides superbly. and it's cute, i guess.

this team, while not one of my best, has served me quite comfortably and is one of my go-to ladder teams. so that's my entry for this round. view, comment, vote.
Jellicent looks like a pain, consider acrobatics flying gem scizor. It will help luke sweep lategame. Had made a team but it sucked so might edit it later.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I'm Sexy and i Know it

Yeah! I really like this core because Scizor and Conkeldurr are extreme huge Pokemon. The first has a STAB boosted by Technichan and Priority.
Scizor volturn core. The first think i'd done is insert a setter. The core is so broken, but it need support of hazardz and CustapSkarmory is actually one of the best setters in OUMetagame. Then i insert Gengar, an antispinner. One of the best HO antispinner with an antilead set for others custapmory or lead.
After Gengar i insert Rotom-w, to complete the famous volturn core Rotom-Scizor. Rotom is special defensive to take hurricane and hydro pump spam. In an other hand i've choice to use subfocuspunch conkeldurr to take advantage by the volturn core. The last choice is Latios. It is a great helping hand vs sunny teams and against keldeo. An other great thing is that with Scizor+Conkeldurr latios can destroy all, because Tyranitar is useless and gengar etc aren't a problem. So, LOTios. I really love this latios because with eq i can ohko heatran and do serious damage on Jirachi.

E T T
Conkeldurr (F) @ Fist Plate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Skarmory (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Gengar (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Reactions: Ada

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Come on it's not like it's the hardest core ever to build with (maybe it's too easy though). Anyway if you wanna propose cores for the next rounds, feel free to contact me (or just debate here).

Well, and now, post teams ! (I'll send one myself too, be ready to witness a pure crazy build).

:rolleyes:

Code:
Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Mach Punch

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Trick

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 240 Def / 200 HP / 64 Atk / 4 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 236 Spd / 220 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
So this team is based around a bulky Scizor sweep. SF Conk can take care of some of Scizors greatest counters such as Skarmory and Jellicent with a simple Thunderpunch. Latios was added next (not because the last two posters had one too, I thought of Latios before that, I swear :)) for its handy resistances and Scizor loves to setup on a choiced ttar locked into pursuit. Specs hits extremely hard as well. Next I wanted to have some voltturners, sr and preferably a scarfer. Lando-T and Rotom-W fit those requirements and filled up most gaps. Lando-T could also deal with most Jirachi and physical attackers, while Rotom-W gave me an additional check to rain. The last slot was kind of a wildcard, and I chose Kyurem-B, because I really like using him as a lead, as it gives me a good matchup against a lot of common leads, including but not limited to Politoed, Rotom-W and Landorus-T. The two trickers also try to cripple a defensive pokemon, Ferrothorn for example, so it becomes bait for Scizor to set up on. I could explain more but I'm tired so I'll stop.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fuck You Jellicent
I figure I might as well throw my hat in the ring with this team I built around a Calm Mind Keldeo sweep. The idea is to lure in and KO many of CM Keldeo's counters, namely the Lati twins and Jellicent. Celebi can be a bit of a problem for Keldeo, but it can 2HKO it at +1, and Psychic can barely 2HKO Keldeo back. Anyway, Sheer Force Conkeldurr and Acrobatics Scizor have one thing in common: they both do a fantastic job at luring in bulky Water-types like Jellicent, Rotom-W, Politoed, Tentacruel, etc., only to be smashed to bits by their coverage moves. This clears the way for a Keldeo sweep late-game. Besides bulky Water-types, Latios and Latias are also big threats to a Keldeo sweep. Fortunately, Jirachi and Garchomp handle them perfectly. If The opponent has a Scarf Latios, then it cannot hope to KO Scizor and Jirachi, whereas Specs Latios is easily revenge killed by Scarf Garchomp. Latias, on the other hand, loses outright to Scizor in the rain, regardless of whether it is CM or offensive LO. Still, if Scizor somehow gets taken out and it's an offensive Latias, then Jirachi can slow it down with Icy Wind to a point where Conkeldurr or Politoed can deal with it, or Garchomp can revenge kill. If it is Calm Mind, then Politoed can Perish Song it, or Chomp can revenge kill once its sub has been broken. This team originally had a SR Lead Chomp and Scarf Jirachi, but it was way too weak to Scarf Garchomp, so I changed it to Shuca Jirachi, which handles it much better. It also doesn't like hazards, as nothing has reliable recovery, so stall with CM Latias and Spikes support kind of has a field day against this team. But CM Keldeo does decently well against most other defensive Pokémon, so it isn't too big of a problem. Rotom-W is probably the biggest pain, as it can Burn Conkeldurr, Scizor, and Garchomp, and nothing on the team can OHKO it. I thought about using Energy Ball or HP Grass on either Jirachi or Politoed, but I don't know how useful that would be.

Finally, this team fits Joeyboy's Water / Ground / Steel requirement so vote for me!

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 HP / 116 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Mach Punch

Scizor @ Flying Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Perish Song

Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Calm Mind

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Dual Chop

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Icy Wind

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Two good last teams.

Okay, so, ungh, umpf... I'll be closing the round today, and begin the voting.

THEN, I'll be starting a new round, and I got a new idea to "refresh" the concept of the thread. Be ready to face a new challenge !

EDIT :

Hello, once again : thank everyone for the participation.

This round, the amount of people taking part into the thread was simply outstanding and many teams were really well built. Considering how difficult it is to build around Hydreigon, that's pretty insane. I hope it will keep up, I guess the duty is on my shoulders : providing you with challenging cores... because you guys aren't scared of dealing with the black sheep of OU.
This thread requires a good amount of time since you have to build a whole team, so good job !
Now it's time to reward your efforts !
Here are the teams, vote for the one you find the best, the most viable, the most creative, the most ... Whatever suits you !
Don't forget that some users enjoy a x2 vote !

Votes are closed in 3 days !

Parapraxis
SnowCristal!

Manectrifier (1)

Halycon (9)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)