Patience is a Virtue (formerly "Dragon + Rain = ???")

Hey,

So you've ended up with a pretty solid team after all the changes that have been made. First off, simply max hp and sp def on Gastrodon and change the nature to Calm. There is no use whatsoever in those def evs, Gastrodon needs the special defense for big threats to your team such as NP Thundurus or Tornadus. Replace HP Electric with either Ice Beam to hit Dragons or Earth Power for another STAB attack. Your team already handles Gyarados excellenty, in Rotom-W and Politoed you have two great checks to it.

I'd also like you to try out Perish Song on Politoed over one of you water moves. Perish Song is an excellent move to annoy ShellSmash and is a great way to defeat bulky stat-uppers such as CM Reuniclus or CM Latias late-game.

As is stated above, if the 52 Sp Def evs on Rotom aren't doing anything for you then change the spread to 112 HP | 252 SpA | 144 Spe which allows you to outspeed all Tyranitar and Adamant Breloom.

This isn't necessary, but you can also try out an offensive Deoxys over your current one. Offensive Deoxys still defeats Ferrothorn and Skarmory as you wish, but now poses a much more offensive threat. Expert Belt is the preferred item as Deoxys is mainly concentrating on coverage. 40 Attack EVs is enough to OHKO most Tyranitar, while the rest can be used to maximise special attack and the remaining put into speed with a Naive nature. The moveset is Superpower | HP Fire | Spikes | Psycho Boost. Psycho Boost is mainly filler, but it provides an extremely powerful STAB attack, which does a lot to neutral targets. Other options for that slot are Ice Beam, which retains the coverage you had with Ice Punch, or Shadow Ball to hit Reuniclus.

Great team, and good luck!
Just as my team (like you mentioned), that was a pretty solid critique. About the two choices you gave me about Gastrodon, what should be more preferred assuming Gastrodon is relegated as a late game cleaner, Earth Power or Ice Beam? As of right now, my Dragon absorber is mainly Heatran as he packs HP Ice, but he is prone to die against random Hydreigons that pop out here-and-there. I'm kind of stubborn when it comes to changing my Deoxys-S because the Trick Scarf combination has saved this team from bullshit CM spammers. I can test that Deoxys set though since I have a problem (sometimes) with Ferrothorns and Skarmories (?). Perish Song will automatically go to my Politoed in replacement of Focus Blast (I replaced Hydro Pump for Focus Blast, but didn't change the OP), which always misses when I use it on Toed. Thank you again IronBullet!

It seems kind or weird using heatran in the rain, in would recommend using swam pert instead, it can be played similarly and gain double stab water moves. It also can have superpower for ferrothorn. It could also replace gastrodon if you really want to keep heat ran.

It seems kind or weird using heatran in the rain, in would recommend using swam pert instead, it can be played similarly and gain double stab water moves. It also can have superpower for ferrothorn. It could also replace gastrodon if you really want to keep heat ran.
Swampert has much worse synergy with the team than Heatran. It also is less bulky than Heatran. No reason to compromise awesome resistances for a (weak) abuser of rain. Gastrodon, on the other hand, has a Water immunity and Recover, making it way better than Swampert for this team.

Really, the only reason to use Swampert is for SR + Roar, which is better performed by Heatran on this team. Superpower does very low damage to Ferrothorn unless you run the CB set, which is done better by other things anyway. There's literally no reason to run Swampert on this team.

I gotta say, Ironbullet knows his shit.

Swampert has much worse synergy with the team than Heatran. It also is less bulky than Heatran. No reason to compromise awesome resistances for a (weak) abuser of rain. Gastrodon, on the other hand, has a Water immunity and Recover, making it way better than Swampert for this team.

Really, the only reason to use Swampert is for SR + Roar, which is better performed by Heatran on this team. Superpower does very low damage to Ferrothorn unless you run the CB set, which is done better by other things anyway. There's literally no reason to run Swampert on this team.

I gotta say, Ironbullet knows his shit.
I completely agree with IronBullet knowing his Poke shit. I would never replace Heatran on this team, EVER. He serves as a multi-purpose Poke that I find him impossible to replace. I don't mind having Heatran in the rain because usually I will eliminate the opposing Poke's by abusing boosted Surfs which hits Pokes (even those that resist it, unless they are resisting AND are SpD based) and if my opponent has Ferrothorn left, I'll just Flamethrower it to death, not giving a shit about Power Whip, Gyro Ball, and Leech Seed.

I see you've edited the team, and I have a few suggestions to make. First, I would boost Rotom's Speed up to 144 EVs. You lose 4 HP points, but you out-speed the occasional JollyTar, which is worth it. The 4 HP points don't help tank any hits in particular anyway.

On Gastrodon, I would go with the previous suggestion of max HP/max SpD and Calm, because mixed walling isn't easy unless your name is Chansey/Porygon2/Cresselia. I don't think the Def EVs let you take any specific hits, do they?

Heatran would love to have Lava Plume instead of Flamethrower. In the rain, any Fire move will do terrible damage, so you shouldn't care about power. But Lava Plume has a higher chance to burn the opponent, which is obviously good.

I assume you're testing to see what works best on Deoxys, so I'll let you see what you prefer on him. GL

I see you've edited the team, and I have a few suggestions to make. First, I would boost Rotom's Speed up to 144 EVs. You lose 4 HP points, but you out-speed the occasional JollyTar, which is worth it. The 4 HP points don't help tank any hits in particular anyway.

On Gastrodon, I would go with the previous suggestion of max HP/max SpD and Calm, because mixed walling isn't easy unless your name is Chansey/Porygon2/Cresselia. I don't think the Def EVs let you take any specific hits, do they?

Heatran would love to have Lava Plume instead of Flamethrower. In the rain, any Fire move will do terrible damage, so you shouldn't care about power. But Lava Plume has a higher chance to burn the opponent, which is obviously good.

I assume you're testing to see what works best on Deoxys, so I'll let you see what you prefer on him. GL
Alright, I went ahead and changed the OP. I am still testing Deoxys-S. Are you suggesting that I run a 252 HP / 252 SpD on Gastrodon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)