Peak at 1 on Smogon, 49 on PO: Sand Offense by Porii Sames

Is this team a 9/10 team?

• Total voters
Well, this is a great team, it was made well, and looks like it would require a lot of skill to get it so high. The only thing i can think of is possibly looking into uxie like another chap already suggested. Also, that geno spread isn't quite right i think you were thinking of it, but mistyped it or something. It should have 184 speed evs, those extra evs only allow you to outspeed positive base 95's, and the only one i can think of that is any real threat is darumitan. And if you are staying in on that thing anyways then you are in a dire and desperate situation. This of course gives you 20 extra evs to add into your attack/specialA

Whoops. Yeah, Genesect had the speed for base 95's, I just typed it in wrong, thanks for correcting me :D.

Dragon just provides too many resistances for me to replace Latios with Uxie - although it is a great idea. Latios just absolutely slaughters Breloom and that was my main original reason for putting it on the team in the first place.

Still, thanks bro!

I assume the premise is to do that and then switch to Exca? Correct me if I'm wrong.
That would be the general premise, yeah. However, i find that many people don't understand the TRUE usefulness of dual screens. You see, people are always trying to set them up and then rush to bring in their sweeper (in this case exadrill). What many people don't realize is the fact that they aid every member on the team, form walls to wall breakers.

And yeah, i see your latios point. Uxie would not be an option in this team's case. I still thing 'tias would be better, but if you really want memento>hwishs, then whatever.

That would be the general premise, yeah. However, i find that many people don't understand the TRUE usefulness of dual screens. You see, people are always trying to set them up and then rush to bring in their sweeper (in this case exadrill). What many people don't realize is the fact that they aid every member on the team, form walls to wall breakers.

And yeah, i see your latios point. Uxie would not be an option in this team's case. I still thing 'tias would be better, but if you really want memento>hwishs, then whatever.
Trust me, I love screens. lol.
Uxie has more bulk though, do you think the speed is better?

The speed coupled with dragons' stupidly high amount of resistences as well as dpulse hitting a wee bit harder prolly outway the extra bulk on this team, but on many other teams, uxie would do better.

Edit: bumping this

not sure if i am allowed to do this, but pretty sure the OP would like me to bump this

he bumped it before multipe times so...

Genesect: 96 attack evs lets you OHKO Latios with u-turn.
Just a thought.
Also, use a Hasty nature to give opposing 'Sects the less potent attack boost. As U-turn won't hurt most of your team.

The genosect points are great, wish i had thought of them, however, i have found that my genosect switches in on FAR more physical attacks than special ones, due to the metagame still being mostly physical.

EDIT: Noticed on the skarm threat list that you said landorous would sometimes counter it. But it never does. Its RS does a max of 31%, the best it can do is 4HKO, in fact, unless its max damage every time, lefties will make it a 5HKO! (remember that im calcing max/max impish skarm, and max health with lack of entry hazards.

Yeah, Skarm is a problem. If Cune can hit it on the switch in, then you can normally scare it off, but it's still an issue. Genesect likes all the physical switch ins do to resistances, so Naive looks to be nice. Forgot about Skarm...

Well, Genosect can take care of Skarm in 2 ways, but eventually, the opponent will start predicting switch-ins and whirl winding them out for possible entry hazard damage and sandstorm damage.

3/4 of Genesect's moves can screw up Skarm, and if Download nets a SpA boost then Ice Beam does the same, and U-turn lets you switch out to Cune to scare it off.

It is certainly hard to deal with, but luckily it is rather uncommon.

Yeah, i do not understand how on earth geno is not 1 or 2 on the ladder i will never know. I mean, i can maybe understand thunderous being ahead, and Gchomp when it was legal, but being what, 5 is just not quite high enough, ferro is just so overrated.

So on an alt account (Porii Sames FLac0), I'm currently at about 600 with this team and going up. Still no changes made. Genesect=boss/

I really like your Team ^^

It's so original and I would really like to battle you 1 day ^^
Even though I "might" (read probably) lose, I would still think off it as a new situation and experience ^^

If you're interested, then you can allways pm me, or answer this message

^^

For your Team: I think almost everything is said allready. I'd certainly give it 9/10

Since our 2 battles were so epic, why not post them in the beginning post in a log. That way, people can see how your team works.

I also might have a suggestion. Hippowdon gets worn out pretty quick. People have allready suggested Yawn, but I suggest Slack Off.

You can Heal on the switch, and then switch out to a proper counter. That way, you can Heal up a bit as well.

If anything on Hippo, I find myself wanting SR. While Hippo gets worn pretty quickly, after he gets the initial KO i kinda just sack him in favor of getting a free switch in most of the time. However, Crunch is rarely worth it for me. Earthquake does plenty to Ferrothorn, but Fire Fang does sound appealing. Idk, I'll try some stuff out.

And yeah KM, I'll post the logs (if I have them).

Currently testing Xatu over Latios.

It's certainly interesting; I beat Breloom even harder, get Dual Screens, Magic Bounce, and U-turn (not to mention Wish), and that's about it though.

I'm at 1339 right now on PO without really trying too hard. Anybody wants to play me message me.

So...

I've peaked at 3 on Smogon with this team, again with Xatu>Latias (which is a double edged sword), I'm still loving this team to death. Happy to play anyone, hit me up on Smogon.

I don't really think this team needs to change much...I guess I just need to get better xD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)