Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

The few times i got modest or naive with my Thundurus it had horrible ivs in those respective stats (SpA and Spe) but near perfect in the opposites (Spe and SpA).... needless to say I'm still resetting.

so am in the only person who went through the horrible horrible grief of grinding the larvesta to level 59 pre E4? At least flame charge was 4x effective against durrant

Just started Victory road on my first and most likely only playthrough. The party:
Lvl 42 Galvantula
Lvl 43 Whimsicott
Lvl 41 Samurott
Lvl 42 Conkledurr
Lvl 41 Reuniclus
Lvl 46 Vanillish (why wont it evolve aghhhh!)

Anyway, what do you all think? Might have to grind to lvl 50 but ill see...

Oh and if you have any reccomendations, forget about legendaries. Im going to do it without them.

EDIT: Vanillish just evolved. Finally!
I found the E4 manageable at 47 across the board.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Up to the E4 now, here's the team (Like anyone cares)...
Carracosta: Lv43 Waterfall/Smack Down/Crunch/Curse
Galvantula: Lv43 Slash/Thunderbolt/Signal Beam/Gastro Acid
Cofagrigus: Lv44 Grass Knot/Shadow Ball/Will-O-Wisp/Hex
Serperior: Lv44 Strength/Leaf Blade/Giga Drain/Coil
Scrafty: Lv44 Sand Attack/Crunch/Chip Away/Hi-Jump Kick
Vanilluxe: Lv47 Uproar/Ice Beam/Taunt/Flash Cannon

From last time, I've replaced Aqua Jet with Waterfall on Carracosta, Serperior has Strength & Giga Drain over Tackle & Leech Seed, while Galvantula has Thunderbolt over Thunder (coughcoughunnervecoughcough).
Any of those changes good or bad? Any flaws that need to be addressed? Should I do a little bit more grinding?

I also now have a Cobalion & I'm currently SRing for a good natured Terrakion. Good luck me for the E4...

Does Synchronize works on Pokemon within the swirling dust/rustling grass? Just curious about that because it seem it doesn't from my experience. Anyway already beaten Burgh with fire monkey. The thing rapes despite having Hustle (Thank you God for not having my attacks miss so damn much.) LV grinding for the fourth gym leader because I don't want to suffer the same fate you guy had with her plus trying to RNG a Victini. Why is RNGing looks so damn complicating to do?

My team so far

Sawk
Sepvine
Sandile
Panpour
Herdier
Dakmauka

All around LV 20's. Thinking of replacing Sandile and Sawk with Scraggy and Drilbur. Is that a good idea?

Scraggy > Sawk and Drilbur > Sandile for sure. Scraggy is much more powerful with Hi Jump Kick for fighting STAB and it has STAB Crunch. Drilbur gets Earthquake far earlier than Sandile and it learns Swords Dance, plus its secondary typing is useful.

the grind of larvesta was very, very long, but 3 rare candies helped =D. deff worth getting it to evolve before E4 it rips things apart.
p.s. if you dont know already catch a train in the subway to yaddayadda town adn theres a guys who gives two rare candies!)

Up to the E4 now, here's the team (Like anyone cares)...
Carracosta: Lv43 Waterfall/Smack Down/Crunch/Curse
Galvantula: Lv43 Slash/Thunderbolt/Signal Beam/Gastro Acid
Cofagrigus: Lv44 Grass Knot/Shadow Ball/Will-O-Wisp/Hex
Serperior: Lv44 Strength/Leaf Blade/Giga Drain/Coil
Scrafty: Lv44 Sand Attack/Crunch/Chip Away/Hi-Jump Kick
Vanilluxe: Lv47 Uproar/Ice Beam/Taunt/Flash Cannon

From last time, I've replaced Aqua Jet with Waterfall on Carracosta, Serperior has Strength & Giga Drain over Tackle & Leech Seed, while Galvantula has Thunderbolt over Thunder (coughcoughunnervecoughcough).
Any of those changes good or bad? Any flaws that need to be addressed? Should I do a little bit more grinding?

I also now have a Cobalion & I'm currently SRing for a good natured Terrakion. Good luck me for the E4...
Im using a Vanilluxe and Galvantula too but my movesets are different.

My Galvantula:
Volt switch
Charge beam
Thunder
Signal beam

I know that you have thunderbolt rather than thunder because of the ability.
I think gastro acid is actually a good idea but slash? My usual strategy is to thunder enemies and if they don't die finish them off with charge beam for the boost. Signal beam beats Psychics and darks and volt switch to set up someone for a kill.

Vanilluxe:
Ice beam
Icicle spear
Flash cannon
Acid armour

Why do you have uproar? Uproar is a locking move. I personally don't think Taunt has a use against the AI. If you have a heart scale knocking around learn icicle spear BP 25 can hit up to 5 times and is physical. Vanilluxe doesn't have poor attack.

Cant really say much about your other pokes cause I havent used them. Good luck for the E4 as well!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
the grind of larvesta was very, very long, but 3 rare candies helped =D. deff worth getting it to evolve before E4 it rips things apart.
p.s. if you dont know already catch a train in the subway to yaddayadda town adn theres a guys who gives two rare candies!)
Even then, when you're five levels higher than the strongest pokémon before the credits, of course you're going to beat the game easily.

Question for you guys...Is this a good moveset for my Bisharp? I'm going to EV it for the back half of the game, but I also plan on using it competitively >_>;

Pursuit (Egg Move)
Brick Break (TM) / Aerial Ace (TM) / X-Scissor (TM) / Poison Jab (TM)
Shadow Claw (TM)
Stone Edge (TM)

As you can see, I'm having some trouble deciding what to pick ^^;

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IMO, Bisharp functions better as a sweeper than a trapper. Also make sure that it is a Competitive Spirt one. Free +1 from Intimidate are really nice.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok sooo...I killed thunderus(every single one came out impish, IMPISH!!!!) If I beat the elite 4 again will he come back?
Also, if you saved after releasing it (the encounter event after talking to the old lady), then its stats are set until you KO it and beat the E4. That's probably why you kept getting the same nature.

Scraggy > Sawk and Drilbur > Sandile for sure. Scraggy is much more powerful with Hi Jump Kick for fighting STAB and it has STAB Crunch. Drilbur gets Earthquake far earlier than Sandile and it learns Swords Dance, plus its secondary typing is useful.
Not really. If he replaces Sawk with Scraggy, he'll have problems with Herdier and Sawsbuck. Sawk easily outspeeds and takes those two out with Brick Break, while Scraggy takes huge damage from Take Down/ Jump Kick. Also, if he replaces Sandile for Drilbur, he'll have issues with Sigilyph, as nothing on his team can do enough damage to it, while Sandile has Crunch.
Does Synchronize works on Pokemon within the swirling dust/rustling grass? Just curious about that because it seem it doesn't from my experience. Anyway already beaten Burgh with fire monkey. The thing rapes despite having Hustle (Thank you God for not having my attacks miss so damn much.) LV grinding for the fourth gym leader because I don't want to suffer the same fate you guy had with her plus trying to RNG a Victini. Why is RNGing looks so damn complicating to do?

My team so far

Sawk
Sepvine
Sandile
Panpour
Herdier
Dakmauka

All around LV 20's. Thinking of replacing Sandile and Sawk with Scraggy and Drilbur. Is that a good idea?
I'd advise against doing these changes. Yes, Synch works on swirling dust. Also, try non C-gear seeds when RNGing, which is much easier.

Could have sworn I heard you can't use the Battle Subway with any other generation's Pokemon until you beat it once with a Gen 5 team >_>...And surprisingly...I got into standard single (Not super) with my Venomoth and Starmie o.o;, is this normal?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Could have sworn I heard you can't use the Battle Subway with any other generation's Pokemon until you beat it once with a Gen 5 team >_>...And surprisingly...I got into standard single (Not super) with my Venomoth and Starmie o.o;, is this normal?
First I've heard of any sort of restrictions. Where did you see that?

Actually, what happens is, in the Normal Singles line, your OPPONENTS only use 5th gen Pokmeon. You can use whatever you want. Only in the Super lines do your opponents start using cross-generation Pokemon.

First I've heard of any sort of restrictions. Where did you see that?
A ways back in this thread.

EDIT: THATTT explains it! I thought perhaps, because I thought I was only seeing Gen 5 Pokemon, but it was like, 2am :\ And I fell asleep...And I woke up, not on battle 5, but with an unplugged and dead DS...

I've been doing the battle subway with only transferred pokemon so I can confirm that to be false.

I don't have any EV trained gen V pokes yet. No idea where to get the EV reducing berries for the stuff I caught and used to get through the game, and don't have time for breeding atm.

Yeah, I have an EVed Ferrothorn that I did before the...6th(?) gym, and HATCHED a decent Pawniard that I want to EV before the REST of the game...My Venomoth misses her Choice Specs! ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)