1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

Wellspring Cave (Or something involving water-cave) has the mole if you enter a dust swirl, and the ground-crocs are found right outside (Going North) of the big Castle city (I'm HORRIBLE with names here, people >_>; Sorry) Not sure the name of the last one ._. If it's Japanese, that's why.
  2. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

You can capture a Sandile and Darumaka in Route 4, and Drilbur in Wellspring Cave (dust cloud), both right now, and use them in the third gym.
  3. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

Gah! I got taken surprise by some Foongus. I THOUGHT it was odd that so many items were lying around so close to each other in the grass.
  4. mewtwo15026

mewtwo15026

Brought my DS into my C++ class today. Guess what did and didn't get done. XD

Lenora's Watchog ALONE KO'd half my team. One fell to Retaliate, one was sacced to get Blitzle in, and the other suffered under Hypnosis. It didn't help that Herdier's STAB Take Down is BROKEN in the early game. That said, I enjoyed the Nacrene Gym puzzle (and the standard-for-any-library/dungeon moving bookcase XD).

In Pinwheel Forest, I got a Whimsicott out of a shaking patch. I proceeded around a bend and saw another shaking patch...on the other side of the trees, where I had been a minute before! >.<

I did the in-game Cottonee/Petlil trade. Modest "Mischievous" Petlil. With crap Speed, sure, but still awesome. I managed to OHKO a Cottonee after 2 Growths with Mega Drain. Later, I found an Audino, and Petlil gained 3 levels. ^_^

Castelia City's freakin' AWESOME, by the way.
  5. SRS

SRS

AHH 3 gym is so impossible!! What are some tips on beating it? I only have a Lv 25 Servine and Semipour, who both proceed to get butt raped.

I'm considering transfering some guys from DptHGSS
  6. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

LOLSAME XD That was so cool that I caught one even though I wasn't planning on it =P
  7. Sprocket

Unless you've already beaten BW, the only ones you can transfer are Celebi and the crown beasts, and they will disobey you in the third gym.

Try a Simisear perhaps? They are caught in shaking grass in Pinwheel Forest.

Me? I cheated, i used a Gyarados that I xferred from Japanese Black.
  8. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

Woah, wait, you can catch the monkeys? That's pretty cool! :D

I really like the whole trading that one small blue Pokemon for the one with the armor to get them to evolve, that's crazy stuff there, man o.o;

EDIT: Karrablast, that was it!
  9. Sprocket

Yeah, the monkeys are all catchable. Though they are pretty rare (30% chance of encountering a monkey, 65% chance of Audino). And I meant to say catch a Pansear, not a Simisear. But you knew what I meant.
  10. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

Hey guys I just got a lucky egg. Just wondering but does the exp share double exp just like a Lucky Egg or no. Just wondering if I should switch the Exp Share for the Egg.
  11. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

Woah, woah, woah...How far in is EXP Share? >_>

EDIT: Also, it didn't used to.
  12. Sprocket

Yes/No? Your wording is pretty unclear.

Lucky Egg only boosts the amount of experience given to the Pokemon that holds it, not the Pokemon that uses Exp. Share. So the Pokemon holding the Lucky Egg gains 75% experience (50% x 1.5), Exp.Share holder gains 50% experience .
  13. Sprocket

Beat the Janitor in the Battle Company's skyscraper in Castelia City to get one. You can also get another one in Icirrus City.
  14. PlatinumDude

PlatinumDude

Sandile can be found in the Resort Desert (level 19) and Ancient Castle (forgot what levels). Drilbur can be found in any cave with swirling dust (I forgot the first cave, but I know the Drilbur there can be found at level 11-14). Darumaka can be found in the Resort Desert at level 19.
  15. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

Ha! My obsessive, constant-checking of trashcans finally paid off :3 You CAN find items in them! Just got a PP-Up...Just thought you all would like to know that.
  16. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

But but I always reread my posts to make sure they make sense.... I'm I'm astonished.

"Just wondering but does the exp share double exp just like a Lucky Egg or no."

Thats all I was wondering. Does an EXP Share double EXP gains just like a Lucky Egg...or no?
    ------------------

Okay seems like an Egg is SLIGHTLY more effective. Bulbapedia didn't give an answer. It doesnt mention that it gives extra EXP anywhere on that site.

-----------------------

EDIT: HOLY CRAP Ferroseed has the coolest battle sprite ever. Spininininininininnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
  17. Sprocket

It amuses me to no end that the vast majority of trash cans are empty. Red must have cleaned them all out back in the '90s, even in regions he's never visited!
  18. Green Mage

Green Mage

Dude you are my friggin hero. You on a mission from God or something? The Munnas were being clogged douchebags with their natures but I finally snagged a timid one (and a lonely one for zekrom for good measure) and I just caught the best Victini ever.
  19. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

Here's a good question that just came to mind...What happens if you find a shiny in a double battle? If you KO one can you catch the other?
  20. Sprocket

Yes.
  21. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

Best news I've heard all day! :D
  22. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

What makes a shiny any different from any other wild pokemon found in a Doubles encounter?
  23. Sprocket

In a doubles encounter, you cannot immediately throw Poke balls. You must KO one of the Pokemon in the battle before you can attempt to capture the other one.
  24. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

In D/P/Pt you couldn't catch them.

EDIT: Ninjask'd
  25. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I thought of the Munnas last week while trying to get a good-natured Speed Boost Torchic. Unfortunately Synchronize doesn't work in High Link Forest, but I'm glad I could help someone else!

no seriously I got a 20+/30+/20+/30+/20+/31 Torchic with a GENTLE nature yesterday because of this, I can't believe Synchronize doesn't work there

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)