Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just beat the Pokemon League! Wow it's the most exciting Pokemon experience till the end, it's a nice change from what we're used to.

For once HMs are not that essential to get pass to Victory Road.

I realized that Reuniclus can be darn frustrating since it's just too slow.

Surprisingly, I became attached to my Archeops, man this bird sure is epic! I love it love it love it, despite of its ability. But nevertheless he's darn powerful, just don't let his health down to 50%. Mienshao kicks ass too!

I got lucky that all of my party pokemon got beneficial natures.

Serperior (Jolly Nature) Like to trash about.
Reuniclus (Modest Nature) Somewhat vain.
Galvantula (Timid Nature) Alert to sounds.
Chandelure (Bold Nature) Highly persistent. (close enough)
Mienshao (Jolly Nature) Often dozes off.
Archeops (Jolly Nature) Like to trash about.

I also caught Zekrom the first time!

Will try Dreamworld next.
You can't access DW yet. It will open on the 30th of march.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also keep in mind that no 5th Gen Pokémon exist in the Dream World yet (Darmanitan and Musharna notwithstanding, since they both get their abilities through in-game events).

So yeah. You could prob solo this game with Archeops's Acrobatics. Lol. Mine has a Naughty nature, so its Acrobatics obliderates anything not named Rock / Steel. And for those you can teach it Bulldozer.

I'm having trouble putting a team together. It's been a rotating door of sorts, and I need to get my shit together.

Victini has really been the only standout star on my team and it's almost level 40 after the 6th badge as a result. Lilligant and Stoutland have both been excellent but they are starting to peter out. Zebstrika was never all that great. Solosis is a powerhouse but is too damn slow to be effective.

I'm about to start my entire party over with victini at the helm. Leavanny is more offensive than Lilligant and easy to level and evolve. Drillbur seems totally solid in-game too considering how quickly it learns earthquake.

My only question is this: is there any way to get the fossils again? I royally screwed up.

I picked the turtle, but i didn't save before i handed it over because i thought you'd have to wait...nope, instant reviving now. It was a quirky male turtle.

I've played through White and I have to say this is both my favourite game and my favourite generation of the series.

Stuff like infinite TMs, grinding being much faster with both the Lucky Egg and Audino, Galvantula, the plot being improved, massive online improvements, Galvantula, most of the Pokémon being great, increased difficulty, less HM dependancy and Galvantula really made me enjoy it.

I love the fact that I can actually read what's going on during this playthrough. It was entertaining in its own right in japanese, but now that it's in english...just wow. I need to sleep because I have class in the morning but I can't put it down.

Currently in Pinwheel forest chasing down Team Plasma with a
Level 22 Servine, level 14 Lillipup (my girlfriend nicknamed it Turtle), level 17 Throh, level 14 Woobat, level 14 Panpour, and a level 10 meatshield Blitzle.

It gets really HM heavy once you complete the game and have to search out the sages which is a little annoying for me because I don't like any of the Pokémon that learn good HM moves. Really not a fan of Swanna..

Also, is there only 8 PC boxes in this game? Unless there's a way to unlock more that is easily the stupidest thing they've ever done. 5 of mine are filled already.

When all eight boxes have at least one Pokémon in them, the storage capacity will be increased to 16 boxes, holding 480 Pokémon. When all 16 of those boxes have at least one Pokémon in them, the capacity will be increased again to a maximum of 24 boxes, or 720 Pokémon.
nevermind lol

Hm, I probably train my Pokémon a little more than necessary, but I didn't have any troubles with the Electric gym (as some people seem to). Pignite Roll Outed her Emolgas to death (Roll Out is great against Hyper Potion happy gym leaders; do not quite enough damage to kill, then next turn they waste a turn healing as your more powerful attack OHKOs), then Krokorok (or was it still a Sandile then?) had no problems digging her Zebstrika for a OHKO.

Hm, I probably train my Pokémon a little more than necessary, but I didn't have any troubles with the Electric gym (as some people seem to). Pignite Roll Outed her Emolgas to death (Roll Out is great against Hyper Potion happy gym leaders; do not quite enough damage to kill, then next turn they waste a turn healing as your more powerful attack OHKOs), then Krokorok (or was it still a Sandile then?) had no problems digging her Zebstrika for a OHKO.
oh gawd

I had to catch 2 Sandiles with Intimidate and repeatedly switch them against Elesa's Emolgas to lower Attack, while spamming Sand-Attack. Once at -6 Attack/Accuracy, I swap in Darumaka and pray that Emolga doesn't hit with Volt Switch

(stupidly enough Throh OHKOed Zebstrika with Revenge. >_>)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^Really? I just gave my Darumaka the Eviolite, watched as they did less than half with Volt Change and killed the switch in Emolga with Fire Punch. Rinse and repeat, in comes Zebstrika who gets worn down and after it dies the last (or is it first?) Emolga cant do anything to you.

Yeah the gyms were all easy for me. Gym 1 was lol. Gym 2, Herdier dies to Dewoot, Watchog to Herdier. Gym 3, Darumaka rape. Gym 4, above strat. Gym 5, Dewott+Herdier rape. Gym 6, Joltik rape. Gym7, Darmanitan rape. Gym 8, Darmanitan rape. Yeah, the AI was tupid in the last gym. "Well I already have 2 DD`s but I`m in the low yellow and I can 1 shot the Darmanitan. I know! I`ll use Dragon Dance!"

Yeah AI fails.

^Really? I just gave my Darumaka the Eviolite, watched as they did less than half with Volt Change and killed the switch in Emolga with Fire Punch. Rinse and repeat, in comes Zebstrika who gets worn down and after it dies the last (or is it first?) Emolga cant do anything to you.

Yeah the gyms were all easy for me. Gym 1 was lol. Gym 2, Herdier dies to Dewoot, Watchog to Herdier. Gym 3, Darumaka rape. Gym 4, above strat. Gym 5, Dewott+Herdier rape. Gym 6, Joltik rape. Gym7, Darmanitan rape. Gym 8, Darmanitan rape. Yeah, the AI was tupid in the last gym. "Well I already have 2 DD`s but I`m in the low yellow and I can 1 shot the Darmanitan. I know! I`ll use Dragon Dance!"

Yeah AI fails.
Oh blast, I forgot to take it off my Scraggy. @**#@^&*^$&**!
(Not like it could do much since my Darumaka 2HKOs the Emolga for some reason >_>)

Also on my first PT Iris decided to be retarded: she could've Dragon Tailed Cobalion and one-shot something else. Instead, YAY DRAGON DANCE

That said, I have to say the strategy of Dragon Dance + Dragon Tail truly is among the most sophisticated ones I have ever seen.

Yeah AI fails.
8th Gym was retarded. I was crapping myself when her Hax dragon got +2/+2 because it could have one shotted my entire team with Outrage. Instead, they go for a 3rd DD as I KO it.

One neat feature that I like is critical catches when you throw Poke Balls. When it happens, it's a guaranteed catch.
Nope.

CC activated once against a wild Gligar.

"OH NO! IT BROKE FREE!"

That was the only CC miss that I've ever got. IIRC Serebii also states sometimes that CC might miss, but it isn't 100%.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All the trainers in the 8th gym were stupid. Oh, your Galvantula 2HKO'd my first Fraxure and still outsped after a Dragon Dance? Well, I guess I'll just Dragon Dance on my second one! I swear, I could probably have done that gym without healing if I hadn't run out of Signal Beam PP.

I wish there was an easy way to check my Dusion's Hidden Power's power in game... Afer experimenting against a few things, I've deduced it's HP Electric. (Is that useful?) But since I can't check IVs accurately and it probably has EVs all over the place (being in game) I guess I'd need to try and work out the power based on damage output... Any ideas?

I wish there was an easy way to check my Dusion's Hidden Power's power in game... Afer experimenting against a few things, I've deduced it's HP Electric. (Is that useful?) But since I can't check IVs accurately and it probably has EVs all over the place (being in game) I guess I'd need to try and work out the power based on damage output... Any ideas?
Some guy told me my Pokemon's hidden power. I think he was in a Pokemon Center fairly early in the game. Around the ground gym...cuz I remember I just recently caught a Vanillite at the Freezer in that town. The power of the move is something you'll have to figure out with a calculator I bet.

Talk to EVEEEEERYBODY in this game. Leave no stone unturned. Don't wanna miss a TM or Evolution Stone or good advice. ^_^ Then again of course u might not be that far in the game.....but oh well.

Try it out; if it seems strong enough to heavily damage stuff that's weak to it (and stuff that resists Psychic) use it, and if not, don't use it. On the Reuniclus line, you take what you can get in terms of coverage.

Try it out; if it seems strong enough to heavily damage stuff that's weak to it (and stuff that resists Psychic) use it, and if not, don't use it. On the Reuniclus line, you take what you can get in terms of coverage.
Sounds a lot easier than calculating it! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)