Pokémon Conquest

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I liked Avia's best.

So after plowing through Ginchiyo and Mitsuhide's stories and starting on Kotaro's, Dragon Rage is pretty scary earlygame when it scores OHKOs on most everything...
This. Dragon Rage is KEY when dealing wiht low levels of training.

Also,

LAPRAS SO PRO

Man, Nene's mission is tough when dealing with Pawniards immune to her offensive type.

Time to go through Happily Ever After (again) to catch a Dratini for her!

Okay so what I've learned since the last time I played is that in the post game episodes, conquering the strongest kingdom you can ASAP is the key to finishing them fast and not letting more aggressive warlords build up their forces.

I was doing Hideyoshi's story and had left Kenshin alone for a while, letting him conquer some of the other kingdoms and train his Kirlia up to evolve into Gardevoir, which posed problems for my army even if in sheer strength numbers I outdid his. There was a big lack of dark and steel types in my playthrough of Happily Ever After and I was only able to win because I had a single Pawniard that Gardevoir couldn't touch.

Also it's really nice when you're defending kingdoms that the turn limit is on your side for once.

Ranmaru's episode is one of the easiest in the game due to the very low levels it starts at and you begin with dual dragons in your kingdom. You can just attack each kingdom one by one without stopping and win easily with Dragon Rage spam. Also helpful if you're like me and you recruit Oichi while she has a Staraptor. Mitsunari's is also easy simply because Scizor is completely overpowered. This in effect makes Masanori and Kiyomasa's episodes a little harder.

Starting Keiji's story, we'll see how that goes.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I heard Zorua's password is CrkLJTxcgR from some random on YouTube; can anyone confirm if this is true?
The vast likelihood is that it is a cracked password using this:

http://gbatemp.net/topic/329260-pokemon-conquest-password-generator/

I wouldn't touch it if I were you. As the source explains, there are passwords coded into the game for swarms of just about every Pokemon in the game (as well as all the Wifi events, oddly) but only 64 password slots (after which you can't use any more) and that by entering an unofficial password you might use up a slot for an official one; I haven't used it myself so I can't comment on that.

To be honest I think it's a lot easier just to go on a Zorua hunt with Kotaro.

Also, a question to all you avid players: at what point do you consider yourself having "completed" the game? Currently I have completed all episodes, collected all legendaries and all Eeveelutions, and was wondering whether it was worth completing the Pokedex, completing the Warrior-dex, or heaven forbid getting all warriors their Best Link. Are there any rewards for doing so?

So speaking of Zorua hunting, I'm curious; does Zorua only reveal itself once attacked by Kotaro, or when Kotaro's in the fight, or whenever it's attacked by anyone so long as you've recruited Kotaro?

So is there some secret awesome way to grind that I'm completely missing
I'm trying in vain to keep my warriors at reasonable link and strength levels and it just takes forever for no real reason. Evolving things in particular can be such a pain.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So speaking of Zorua hunting, I'm curious; does Zorua only reveal itself once attacked by Kotaro, or when Kotaro's in the fight, or whenever it's attacked by anyone so long as you've recruited Kotaro?
When you enter a wild battle with Kotaro (it always has to be a wild battle), check what wild Pokemon are supposed to be in that area (so when you hover over the area, you'll see the Warriors/Pokemon that are there at present). Occasionally there will be an extra Pokemon there that didn't show up on the screen (so if you entered a battle expecting to see 3 Pokemon and found 4, one of them is a Zorua). To check which one is a Zorua, when you are moving Kotaro around, the Zorua will have a gold link symbol above it irrespective of the Pokemon it is impersonating. I'm pretty sure that the more wild Pokemon are in the area, the better the chances of a Zorua encounter are; however, if there are six enemy Pokemon in the area, the Zorua won't show up no matter what.

So yeah, Zorua only turns up when Kotaro is in battle, but will reveal itself whenever it attacks or is attacked.

So is there some secret awesome way to grind that I'm completely missing
I'm trying in vain to keep my warriors at reasonable link and strength levels and it just takes forever for no real reason. Evolving things in particular can be such a pain.
Guardian Charm + entering an area with 3 warriors using only 1 Pokemon is the best way I have found to increase link levels. In the final Hero mission you can easily get 5%+ each month with this method (but in any other mission you'd need to level up areas to get up to that amount), which is more than you usually get from attacking opposing kingdoms (although, using the Guardian Charm trick when attacking a kingdom can easily net you 10%+ link, give or take, but is a lot more risky).

If you're trying to evolve Warriors or Pokemon for the sake of the Gallery, it's easier to leave a couple of nations untouched where there are three in a triangle, such that you can invade one, thereby leaving another unguarded, and as such milk the final kingdom for link gain by having them repeatedly invade your kingdoms and then taking them back (it helps, of course, to be training the rest of your team at the same time so that the enemy castle does not suddenly overpower you). This isn't much help in the main game or if you're trying to complete an episode, though.

Other than that, Harmony Flute and a tonne of patience is the only way to level up adequately.

Thanks!

Speaking of Reshiram, has anybody in the US been able to download its event yet? Serebii said that the event started yesterday, but the event hasn't showed up on my download menu yet.

A lot of Pokemon evolve depending on their Attack or Defense stats, so I had a question. Could you use a Power or Iron Wristband to evolve a Pokemon sooner than it should? I did try to do it with a random guy's Staravia, where a Power Wristband pushed his Attack higher than 100 when it was normally 77 or so. Unfortunately, the Wristband broke during the battle. Has anyone kept a Wristband in that situation and seen if it worked?

Also, I got an event in March Year 3 where an Eevee appeared in Cragspur. (I'm still in the main story.) Was that lucky, or does that happen every now and then, or even for set months? I did reset once before saving March Year 3, and when I advanced to that month again, the girl Ninja reported the same thing: a rare Pokemon in Cragspur (and it was Eevee, again).

A lot of Pokemon evolve depending on their Attack or Defense stats, so I had a question. Could you use a Power or Iron Wristband to evolve a Pokemon sooner than it should? I did try to do it with a random guy's Staravia, where a Power Wristband pushed his Attack higher than 100 when it was normally 77 or so. Unfortunately, the Wristband broke during the battle. Has anyone kept a Wristband in that situation and seen if it worked?

Also, I got an event in March Year 3 where an Eevee appeared in Cragspur. (I'm still in the main story.) Was that lucky, or does that happen every now and then, or even for set months? I did reset once before saving March Year 3, and when I advanced to that month again, the girl Ninja reported the same thing: a rare Pokemon in Cragspur (and it was Eevee, again).
Wow, you're really lucky. Swarms are random; I think only one Eevee swarm appeared during the main story for me, and it was during year 5 or 6 or so.

Equipping Wristbands definitely doesn't accelerate the evolution, no matter whether it breaks or not. However, when you're doing postgame, consider upgrading a Ponigiri shop to max level so that you can make some stat-based evolutions happen quicker by increasing energy.

It appears that certain events, like swarms and merchants, are predetermined and will be triggered in the same way on the same playthrough if you load your save. However, nobody seems to have found any rules governing the occurrence of these events, so maybe you could experiment and help out? For example, if you load your save and send your protagonist to a different castle, will the event still occur on the same month and in the same way?

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
It appears that certain events, like swarms and merchants, are predetermined and will be triggered in the same way on the same playthrough if you load your save. However, nobody seems to have found any rules governing the occurrence of these events, so maybe you could experiment and help out? For example, if you load your save and send your protagonist to a different castle, will the event still occur on the same month and in the same way?
As far as I can tell (not that I've tested these properly or anything, just speaking from experience), the Pokemon Professor event always appears to occur first in an episode, followed by the farmers asking for money, and from there it's almost always up in the air.

When I was Eevee hunting, I was relying on that same event (the one where a single Eevee is seen alongside other Pokemon, not a swarm), which seemed to occur about once every two years (or at least, it took me about 10 years of playing that episode to get 5 Eeveelutions). It may be that an Eevee will only show up if you have the MC, and said MC does not already have an Eevee (but does have one of its evolutions) - certainly, I never managed to get two Eevees at once, despite spending about three years trying to get an Umbreon, and have not got an Eevee event since grabbing all of my Eeveelutions. On the other hand, it did not seem to be pre-determined - the first one I got (in Mori Motonari's episode) came along after only about 5 months, whereas I had to wait much longer (in Maeda Keiji's episode) for my next one. I'd be willing to bet that it's just random, but has only a reasonable chance of occurring.

Oddly, they all seemed to appear in Pugilis for me, rather than Cragspur, irrespective of the castle that my MC was based in.

Hideyoshi's event still isn't showing up... I guess they've probably forgotten about it. Still, if the worst comes to the worst, there's always that password that unlocks it anyway.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Lol

I was defending Fontaine the other day and managed to maroon a pokemon on the island

It was so hilarious how I stalled the last 10 or so turns

So for those who have done Zorua hunting, how long did it take you? I've spent about 7 months looking for that one excess Pokemon, to no avail.

As far as I can tell (not that I've tested these properly or anything, just speaking from experience), the Pokemon Professor event always appears to occur first in an episode, followed by the farmers asking for money, and from there it's almost always up in the air.

When I was Eevee hunting, I was relying on that same event (the one where a single Eevee is seen alongside other Pokemon, not a swarm), which seemed to occur about once every two years (or at least, it took me about 10 years of playing that episode to get 5 Eeveelutions). It may be that an Eevee will only show up if you have the MC, and said MC does not already have an Eevee (but does have one of its evolutions) - certainly, I never managed to get two Eevees at once, despite spending about three years trying to get an Umbreon, and have not got an Eevee event since grabbing all of my Eeveelutions. On the other hand, it did not seem to be pre-determined - the first one I got (in Mori Motonari's episode) came along after only about 5 months, whereas I had to wait much longer (in Maeda Keiji's episode) for my next one. I'd be willing to bet that it's just random, but has only a reasonable chance of occurring.

Oddly, they all seemed to appear in Pugilis for me, rather than Cragspur, irrespective of the castle that my MC was based in.

Hideyoshi's event still isn't showing up... I guess they've probably forgotten about it. Still, if the worst comes to the worst, there's always that password that unlocks it anyway.
What password?

So it looks like Hideyoshi's event was bumped back to August 17.

Now that I'm on Kanbei's mission... it really is perfect for trying to look for Eevees (already added Vaporeon!) and trying to get all Poison and Ghost types into my gallery now that I've conquered all of Ransei.

Im 30 hours into Conquest now and whilst it was fun, I really do feel like I've broken the back of conquering Ransei. Its far too easy to build up momentum early on by constantly taking territories, you can quickly outlevel the placid AI to the point that on playing Yukimura's story I was still in year 2 and I had a Charizard with a power of around 500 compared to Ranmaru's Dratini which had a power of 200. Really dont feel like the campaign has enough depth and complexity to keep you playing past the first campaign and a few episodes.

Is their any episodes I should look out for which force you be quite clever in the way you conquer it? I really do feel like I could do any episode with broadly the same strategy.

Masamune's was tough to start with because he was surrounded by kingdoms which resisted his Sky Drop. I managed to just barely beat Kenshin's army (and recruit everyone but Kanetsugu there) using Guardian Charm Masamune with one turn left on the clock, and had Guardian Charm Magoichi solo Valora (thankfully he was able to 2HKO both Steelix and Lairon with use of Cupid). From there on it was much easier to sweep across Ransei.

Gracia's could also be kinda difficult due to her once-every-two-turns attack. I had her sit out of the fight after recruiting a few unique warlords. Oichi's can be pretty hard if you don't have her link with any kinds of Pokemon besides Normal. Motochika's was pretty fun because I had to beat back Nobunaga in pretty much every battle after unifying the kingdoms he hadn't conquered yet (not to mention, he resists your Aqua Tail). Once I captured Illusio, Terrera and Viperia, I just Guardian Charm solo'd the rest of the story.

On that note, the hero mission was also kind of tricky to start with since this time around, all of the warlords are transformed with their perfect links and start at about 20% link or something; they also level up pretty quickly.

Anyway, does anyone know if you have to be on Ieyasu's story in order to get Registeel? I've gotten way more than 15 unique warlords with their best links and the crystal still won't come. I also had a rank 2 Nobunaga, but no sign of the Conqueror Crystal.

After you beat all the special episodes offered in the postgame, do you get to return back to your main storyline and play as yourself again, ever? I just beat Hideyoshi's story since I just beat the main storyline. I rather wish I could go back in time and play it through again because I obtained a Reshiram and used that to pretty much kill everything, only to find that because I hadn't evolved Hideyoshi, Reshiram's max link was 40% and I hadn't used Chimchar at all, so yeah >_> I've only beat one special episode and already this UNITE RANSEI thing is getting old. But it's so addictive, like Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja or Tiny Wings. So repetitive, but easy to pick up and play for hours at a time...

After you beat all the special episodes offered in the postgame, do you get to return back to your main storyline and play as yourself again, ever? I just beat Hideyoshi's story since I just beat the main storyline. I rather wish I could go back in time and play it through again because I obtained a Reshiram and used that to pretty much kill everything, only to find that because I hadn't evolved Hideyoshi, Reshiram's max link was 40% and I hadn't used Chimchar at all, so yeah >_> I've only beat one special episode and already this UNITE RANSEI thing is getting old. But it's so addictive, like Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja or Tiny Wings. So repetitive, but easy to pick up and play for hours at a time...
Yes, once you beat every other non-DLC episode, you unlock the final one, where you once again play as the Hero(ine).

Yes, once you beat every other non-DLC episode, you unlock the final one, where you once again play as the Hero(ine).
You unlock the final episode when you have completed all the episodes of the 16 other warlord leaders. I remember I had about 10 special episodes left and after I did No's then I got to do the final episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)