Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical In-Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can someone link me the sprite page for HGSS? I know it was posted but I cant find it here

They finally gave Vaporeon a really awesome sprite (especially after the crappy DP sprite) in Platinum, but then ruined it by giving us awkward tail Vaporeon. Pt's is better.

Flareon's Pt is also better, don't why they had to bend it's legs so awkwardly in HGSS...

Jolteon... No comment :I

Espeon looks more elegant, and I like it's second sprite. After downgrading the original trio Eeeveelution's sprites from Pt, it's nice to see they didn't do the same with all the others.

Umbreon<3 definitely a lot better, and I'm likin' the fierce 2nd sprite. :D

Mewtwo's sprites have always been meh. His legs have been too fat and the tail chunky and huge. And then game DPP...

Definitely awesome. And the crotch area doesn't sink down the floor anymore. But... what the hell?!

He looks like he's lacking some shading. His chest and head appear smaller. The pose is okay, but overall the coloring and awesome-ness of the DPP sprite was mostly lost. :/ At least it isn't this anymore

Oh and Delibird's 2nd sprite is adorable :3

I love Gengar's new color... but I hate the sprite. Plat's sprite was way better.
I also really like the suicune pose now, but really dislike Raikou's new purple. The brighter one was better. I also don't liket he new pose.

I actually thought platinum's sprite was crap. It looks so stupid. The arms are stuck and the figure is messed up.

Looking again, I confused Gengar's plat's sprite for DP. DP is my favorite, Plat is okay, but the HGSS pose just sucks.

I love Gengar's new color... but I hate the sprite. Plat's sprite was way better.
I also really like the suicune pose now, but really dislike Raikou's new purple. The brighter one was better. I also don't liket he new pose.
SurfGar's pose is ok, but the color is definitely better. It finally matches more with the Sugimori artwork, but the Sugimori art is still oddly of it's shiny sprite. @_@

I still love shiny Gengar the best but HGSS coloring is a step way up. The mouth open on the second pose is just ridiculous though.

EDIT:

I am never using Mewtwo ever again.

Sorry for being a t00l, and I remember I saw the whole set of HGSS sprites somewhere...but I can't seem to find them now. I thought it was on the OP?

-Terywj

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Sad news guys

I traded Giratina-O over holding the Griseous Orb (using Action Replay). Then, I went back to the Union Room after exiting. Giratina-O doesn't revert back upon saving, but when you enter the room it reverts to Giratina-A

Also, when I placed Gira-O on the front of my team, it wasn't following me...

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been trodding around in the Safari Zone for a while, here are the pokemon I've found:

Sunkern
Lickitung
Kangaskhan
Jigglypuff
Hoppip
Raticate
Onix
Girafarig
Graveler
Poliwag (fishing, Old Rod)

Will edit as I find more stuff. There's really cool graphics here too!

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the lady standing in front of the Goldenrod Gym?
Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Go to the radio tower; you need to get the Radio Card before Whitney is in the gym.

I just found Crasher Wake in the Celadon mart of all people :X I talked to him and he gave me some accessories I think

I'm so loving this game more and more. I'm very disappointed with the odd egg being out, even without the shiny effect on the egg, I liked being able to get mag/ele/smooch/iggy/cleff early in the game.

One thing to note-I went to serebii and was looking at all the new sprites. They all look like second frame from the DPPT sprites above.

Thanks Sixonesix. And for some reason most of the new Pokemon sprites seem more of GBA quality than DS/DSi quality IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)