Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...that picture with different graphics at the end of this
I hope its a Colosseum/XD sequel :)
More of a short animation sequence, but I agree that the graphics are similar to Pokemon console games however much more advanced than XD, or Battle Revolution...I would consider something more along the lines of a Stadium game, but I wonder whether anyone's noticed the background graphics (such as the car left of Blaziken, or even Blaziken himself) and how "realistic" they are...my little brother had the crazy idea that maybe two people could wear something like Google Glasses and battle each other in real life...unlikely case, but creative nonetheless :p

I don't think this is the place to speculate this possible future title however, so let's stick to XY Discussion.

EDIT: My apologies @R_N for the lateness of this post...didn't refresh the page.

A while back, way back actually like in June, there was a Q&A conference and one of the questions was if they were going to implement DLC. Gamefreak has been pretty fair with free giveaways but with these new Mega evolutions, does anyone think some of them will be paid DLC. I would be sad if they did this but when asked the question of DLC, they hesitated to give a definite answer and said that it was something they hope would not be asked.

A while back, way back actually like in June, there was a Q&A conference and one of the questions was if they were going to implement DLC. Gamefreak has been pretty fair with free giveaways but with these new Mega evolutions, does anyone think some of them will be paid DLC. I would be sad if they did this but when asked the question of DLC, they hesitated to give a definite answer and said that it was something they hope would not be asked.
well ive been worried since for me dlc was one of the things that made mystery dungeon on the 3ds so terrible but to be fair that game was terrible for many other reasons too

If we get paid DLC it will probably not be for mega evolutions and instead something actually substantial.
Have we gotten any word or clues about whether you can transfer gen V mons to gen VI?
No

Have we gotten any word or clues about whether you can transfer gen V mons to gen VI?
Nothing since they've stated that they're "working on it". Believe me, I've been keeping my eyes and ears open for information on this- I got way too many Pokémon I want to transfer from Black 2 to Y for me to not stay on the lookout for relevant info.

Nothing since they've stated that they're "working on it". Believe me, I've been keeping my eyes and ears open for information on this- I got way too many Pokémon I want to transfer from Black 2 to Y for me to not stay on the lookout for relevant info.
i can relate to that way too easily i didnt catch every poke on legit and transfer them all to have them cut off now and also if i can transfer from soulsilver in a ds to white2 on a 3ds i dont see why they cant make something work

i can relate to that way too easily i didnt catch every poke on legit and transfer them all to have them cut off now and also if i can transfer from soulsilver in a ds to white2 on a 3ds i dont see why they cant make something work
Because that's entirely different.
When the 3ds plays a DS game, it changes into DS mode. For all intents and purposes it is now a DS and able to use the DS to DS communication features.
This is why your DS games on 3ds still have their own connection settings and also why the 3DS' streetpass & spotpass functionality turns off.

e: Presumably, this is the problem. 3DS stuff can't take in DS stuff and "play" it as 3DS stuff

R_N is exactly right. Similarly if you ever play an original Xbox game on an Xbox 360, you lose the Xbox 360 dashboard functionality because the system is now running in original Xbox mode. Off the top of my head I would think some standalone app from the wifi marketplace that can access both gen 5 and gen 6 games would be one solution.

On the other hand....if they can't find a way to make it work and a full reset is forced, they MAY have to go nuts on the Wi-Fi distributions which would be nice.
I did always want me a Wish Chansey...

And on a lesser note, that may end up shaking things up competitively on Smogon which may or may not be a good thing.

On the other hand....if they can't find a way to make it work and a full reset is forced, they MAY have to go nuts on the Wi-Fi distributions which would be nice.
I did always want me a Wish Chansey...

And on a lesser note, that may end up shaking things up competitively on Smogon which may or may not be a good thing.
Honestly they could just retire things like Wish Chansey. While I personally wouldn't want to see it go, there's nothing that says they can't do that if it came down to it.

R_N is exactly right. Similarly if you ever play an original Xbox game on an Xbox 360, you lose the Xbox 360 dashboard functionality because the system is now running in original Xbox mode. Off the top of my head I would think some standalone app from the wifi marketplace that can access both gen 5 and gen 6 games would be one solution.
The most "sure-fire" (that is also completely terrible) way I can think of is to do what the DSiTransfrer does.
make a new app that can access BW1/2, upload the pokemon from them to the internet (terrible thing #1), then download them either with XY or another app (terrible thing #2)

The most "sure-fire" (that is also completely terrible) way I can think of is to do what the DSiTransfrer does.
make a new app that can access BW1/2, upload the pokemon from them to the internet (terrible thing #1), then download them either with XY or another app (terrible thing #2)
That's what I was thinking. It would certainly be a pain in the ass but better than nothing I suppose.

i wouldn't mind an app too much if it was packaged with the game. that way, once nintendo stops supporting x/y in favor of gen 7, people wouldn't have to resort to the internet to transfer their mons.

Yeah, I'm thinking the easiest solution would be some sort of app. Insert Black 2, go into the transfer app, transfer Pokémon from Black 2 to the app (Dream Radar proves DS games can connect with 3DS apps), then you insert X or Y (if you don't already have it downloaded), and then transfer from the app to the Generation VI game.

However we're able to transfer Pokémon, though, I'm hoping that this time around they let the Pokémon actually keep their hold items. I got a decent stockpile of legitimate Master Balls in Black 2, and I don't want to lose 'em.

I hope all of the move tutors from BW2 comeback, as well as moves that were blacklisted in BW2 like seismic toss from emerald and FR/LG.

Will there be a thread for discussing the 3D trailer showcasing Lucaro and Blaziken, since we can't discuss it here?

That's what I was thinking. It would certainly be a pain in the ass but better than nothing I suppose.
On the other hand it's cumbersome enough that I don't see them doing it
Yeah, I'm thinking the easiest solution would be some sort of app. Insert Black 2, go into the transfer app, transfer Pokémon from Black 2 to the app (Dream Radar proves DS games can connect with 3DS apps), then you insert X or Y (if you don't already have it downloaded), and then transfer from the app to the Generation VI game.

However we're able to transfer Pokémon, though, I'm hoping that this time around they let the Pokémon actually keep their hold items. I got a decent stockpile of legitimate Master Balls in Black 2, and I don't want to lose 'em.
Can Dream Radar really connect to DS games, though?
We know it can write to one*, but that might be incredibly different & less difficult than actually reading what's on the cart and being able to copy/alter/delete/whatever it
Assuming it writes at all. It might just tell the game "hey generate this pokemon and these items" like dream world and so on do

*Well only to BW2. DR only works on BW2 because they were designed with it in mind, ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)