Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I don't think a new type, dare I say Fairy, would be all that surprising considering all of the hype for Sylveon's typing and such.
I was completely against a new type since ever. But after Sylveon has been on the scene for over 3 months now, this has become my way of looking at it precisely.

I did not notice that at all! O_o As of now, I'm on the "Z legend is primarily white" boat.

Also, these "emblems" are star shaped, further helping the whole "Kalos looks like a star" deal.

EDIT: On a side note
Basically half this thread.

Blue could be the background of Normal, Froakie is a darker blue and that makes Xerneas an ever darker blue verging on purple... I dont think you can really read into those background colours that much.
That pale blue being the background of normal wouldn't make any sense since Fletchling's main representation is of flying types, pale blue/purple has always been flying's color, and grey has always been normal's color. However, you make a good point about Xerneas and Yveltal's background colors. They presumably have nothing to do with their types.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Well well... talking about colours,
when Japan released their movie site on the Team Eevee, those Eeveelutions were each given a colour as well.
But Sylveon got the pink and cream ribbon and Espeon got a purple gem instead.

I personally believed in the Fairy/ Pixie/ Yosei type business before any "leaks" / other rumours.
I'm not saying that I'm right,

I personally think its weakness against poison and SE against ice pretty (as officially shown on Poke Smash) pretty much suggests that it can't be Flying.

Anyway... I would mourn for ice types for having an extra weakness though.

I'm going to laugh so hard when they actually release a new type, but that it won't be anything even came up in this thread, something like Blood or Ribbon type.

Sylveon:

- It could just be that Sylveon is able to get poisoned. Don't yet assume that Sylveon is defensively weak against the Poison-type.
- Well, "ice" can be broken by many different types of Pokémon. This doesn't necesarily mean that Sylveon will have an advantage against Ice-type Pokémon.
- And for that Karate thing, well, many Pokémon can break ice in a Fighting-type manner.

PS: In my opinion I think that Sylveon will be Normal-, Flying-type or a combination of the two. Or just a completely new type, something like a "Magic/Light/Cosmic/Fairy/Soul/Illusion/Aura/Mystical-type".
PSS: Oh God, I just keep adding imaginary types, haha.

Sylveon:

- It could just be that Sylveon is able to get poisoned. Don't yet assume that Sylveon is defensively weak against the Poison-type.
- Well, "ice" can be broken by many different types of Pokémon. This doesn't necesarily mean that Sylveon will have an advantage against Ice-type Pokémon.
- And for that Karate thing, well, many Pokémon can break ice in a Fighting-type manner.

PS: In my opinion I think that Sylveon will be Normal-, Flying-type or a combination of the two. Or just a completely new type, something like a "Magic/Light/Cosmic/Fairy/Soul/Illusion/Aura-type".
Now that would be trollish. Leaving Sylveon's type a mystery, letting the rumours build up, then revealing it to be Normal/Flying? It'd be so masterful that it'd almost stop me hating GF.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Sylveon:

The show does specifically said 效果バッグン which means Super Effective,
and they emphasized it by showing it in the subtitles.
Whenever they put something in the subtitles, it means that it's a keyword/ something important/ main point.

The rumors on the Spanish site all sound quite desirable. Raises red flags that they're fan wishes rather than actual leaks! :P

...seriously?
I just posted that type chart...the only 2X to Poison is Grass AND THAT IS IT!
Please recheck so you don't make that mistake when your in a real battle and use a Poison move on Scizor.
Well, Chaoswalker just posted the Gen I type chart too, so you can't really blame him for making that mistake. Not everyone's memorized the current type chart, either (though I personally have).

The spanish rumors are from 4chan
If you're willing to believe WPM about it, he says they're fake
I'm inclined to believe WPM. These Spanish rumors indeed cater a bit much to the fans' desires, and we all know GameFreak doesn't listen to us. :P

*Checks to see what we're talking about now*
*Sylveon even though it's been talked to death*
*Leaves*

*Checks to see what we're talking about now*
*Sylveon even though it's been talked to death*
*Leaves*
It is funny, but really only natural. Even after all the new info we've gotten, Sylveon is still the most interesting thing to talk about. Sylveon's type is probably the most discussed pre-release mystery in pokemon history.

Also that reminds me
PokéBeach.com said:

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor's English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • A few attacks will be dual-typed.
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
The first sentence sounds like this:
Fairy = 2x weak to Poison & Steel, 2x against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting. Finally Fire and Psychic take 1/2x damage from it.

Now people clamoring about the ruff sumo or w/e guy that put Shokotan in the trash can was a fighting type...is incorrect...the CAN IS STEEL and that is why she was going crazy while in the can, cause she is weak to it.

The reasons it wouldn't do as much damage to a Fire type or a Psychic type is somewhat clear...Fairies are USUALLY know to be forest creatures, and forest are made of wood...grass in this case. Grass is weak to Fire so...I guess that is how it works. Psychic...mmm...not so sure.

Now Mewtwo having two formes could ALSO be possible...remember this?
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php
sure it's been updated to add the other forme, but it STILL could be updated again to show off another forme if it is debuted in the movie as well. This COULD be false however. But since the English site still shows Awakened Forme Mewtwo as being "A Mysterious New Pokémon!" I'm not so sure.
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-gb/pokemon/

The starters final evolutions seems accurate to me, and PROBABLY means that those moves we saw in the very first trailer were indeed Night Slash, Psychic, and Close Combat.
skip to 02:18
[youtube]B4_Jr6mV67o#t=138s[/youtube]

Dual-type attacks seems possible, especially in Scalds case. But what I was thinking of is something I posted back in the IIRC. What if there was a move called "Rust Toxic" that is a Poison move, hit Steel types, and drops there Defense/Special Defense by 1x. Or an ability called "Corrosion"/"Corrosive Touch" (whatever sounds better) that allows Pokemon with his ability to hit Steel types with Poison moves. Sounds VERY good to me.

The new flying type battles seems pretty meh to me, and will probably NEVER be used competitively outside of Monotype...then again I could be wrong.

And finally, probably one of the MOST ANTICIPATED/WANTED feature to add into Pokemon since Gen 4...AN ACTUAL FACILITY THAT TELLS YOU YOUR POKEMONS STATS! No more Action Replaying...no more PokeSav/PokeGening. Peace of mind knowing that your EVing with the right tools and Pokemon. So PERFECT. It usually DOES take about 1-2 hours to maximize one stat anyway when your grinding. I just hope the mini games aren't repetitive and stay fresh. Though that might be asking for too much :/

I hope SOME of these rumors are true, especially the first, second, and last one.

then they would have to break the special type clause as Dragon is the last one they could use.
There is no "special type clause." They stopped having type relate to special/physical after gen 3. You can choose to THINK that you see a pattern there, yet nothing ever says "all eeveelutions will be the types that were special in gen 3." They wouldn't be breaking anything.

I kinda like all the new Pokemon from Corocoro. It seems like Fletchling might be the next pidgey. It's kinda cool that it learns Flame Charge though. Maybe this is one of the only normal/flyings that can deal with steel types?

I kinda like all the new Pokemon from Corocoro. It seems like Fletchling might be the next pidgey. It's kinda cool that it learns Flame Charge though. Maybe this is one of the only normal/flyings that can deal with steel types?
Staraptor gets CC, but as for the others, can't pretty much every single one of them learn heat wave already? I guess none of them can really use it well though.

Just watch as GF gives Fletchling Flare Blitz, and still won't give it to flareon.

I've only read up to page 12, but I just wanted to come here and make sure they hadn't closed this down for speculation. I read like all of the last one only to get to the last page and realise I couldn't post.
I'll delete this if its already been said but: That robin and that goat... look kinda like prevos of yveltal and xerneas (though of course they're not). I can't help but secretly hope that "Z" ends up looking like souped up lizard dog.

I've only read up to page 12, but I just wanted to come here and make sure they hadn't closed this down for speculation. I read like all of the last one only to get to the last page and realise I couldn't post.
I'll delete this if its already been said but: That robin and that goat... look kinda like prevos of yveltal and xerneas (though of course they're not). I can't help but secretly hope that "Z" ends up looking like souped up lizard dog.
Beyond "a thing that flies" and "is a goat" how on earth do they look anything like the legends

All starter type rumors that include a secondary type paper/rock/scizors are fake.
They smell of fanservice from a billion galaxies away. Gen 4 starters were an anomaly, everyone should get over it.

And new type rumors are full of cr*p, like they have been for 3 gen in a row.

Beyond "a thing that flies" and "is a goat" how on earth do they look anything like the legends
Well, yveltal is a big red and black bird, fletchling is a small red and black bird? the goat's more of a stretch (grass-type(possibly) ungulate with horns?). Maybe I expressed it wrong, its not that they actually look like prevos, but I can see a parallelism. Its kind of like how, in our world, the (legendary) Roc, looks like a more epic version of an eagle. Or the (legendary) Kraken is a more epic looking squid. (or whale, according to some mythos)
You wouldn't look at an eagle chick and assume it was going to grow up into a Roc, but you could see the similarities. I was just making a similar observation about 4 of the 10 (or 11 with mew2.b) new generation pokemon we've been shown.

Well, yveltal is a big red and black bird, fletchling is a small red and black bird? the goat's more of a stretch (grass-type(possibly) ungulate with horns?). Maybe I expressed it wrong, its not that they actually look like prevos, but I can see a parallelism. Its kind of like how, in our world, the (legendary) Roc, looks like a more epic version of an eagle. Or the (legendary) Kraken is a more epic looking squid. (or whale, according to some mythos)
You wouldn't look at a squid and assume it was going to grow up into a kraken, but you could see the similarities. I was just making a similar observation about 4 of the 10 (or 11 with mew2.b) new pokemon we've been shown.

ehhhhhh
parallels for the sake of making parallels always bugs me but what evs at least you're not claiming they evolve into them (which I'm sure someone out there is doing so unironically)

ehhhhhh
parallels for the sake of making parallels always bugs me but what evs at least you're not claiming they evolve into them (which I'm sure someone out there is doing so unironically)
Ok you got me! I wasn't making parallels just for the sake of parallels. I was actually speculating. Just after I realised there were a couple of similarities between fletch and yv and gogoat and Xe, I just wanted to imagine a legendary design based of helioptile. because that thing makes me laugh. ...sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)