Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks to fanarts, Haribogu is starting to grow on me and giving me high hopes for Chespin3, but still choosing Fennekin anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I am still picking chespin, I am just hoping that he will turn out to be a knight or something else cool.

Chigorasu is cool! Hope it gets the elemental fangs and a powerful evolution. Amarusu is so cute and cool, plus that ability is unbelievable. So, if it uses headbutt, will it still cause flinch? Otherwise, Mega Garchomp is a must have, Fennekin's final will be psychic while chespin's is rock. 31 more days.

Chigorasu is cool! Hope it gets the elemental fangs and a powerful evolution.
Given the fact that Chigorasu is a T-Rex, and it has an ability tailored for bite moves, and that it's a Dragon-type, it's almost a given that it will have a high attack stat and at least one elemental fang.

Amarusu is so cute and cool, plus that ability is unbelievable.
Amarusu is pretty cool (no pun intended), but its ability isn't that unbelievable, as it's essentially a variant of Normalize that only works on one type, converts said type into a much better offensive type, and grants a power buff that draws similarities to Adaptability, although the actual boost will probably be lower, about 20-30%.

So, if it uses headbutt, will it still cause flinch?
I would assume that it would, since we have no reason to think it wouldn't, and Game Freak didn't say it wouldn't. On a slightly related note, Ice-type Body Slam: no one is safe from the paralysis!

Otherwise, Mega Garchomp is a must have,
I don't know about a must have, but it will certainly have an effect on the metagame.

Fennekin's final will be psychic while chespin's is rock.
Actually, if the Pokebeach rumors are correct, and they're certainly shaping up to be, Fennekin will be Fire / Psychic, and Chespin will be Grass / Dark.

31 more days.
If we could eight months, than we can certainly wait a little longer, but I get your point.

To sum it all up, I respond with way too much detail to a post a fraction of the size of my response. Edit: Wow, I really should have used hide tags. >.>

Actually, Pokebeach wasn't completely right. They said that psychic would resist fairy and that fairy would itself have no resists besides that dragon immunity. It's possible that Pokebeach might also be only partially right about the starter final evos.

Given the fact that Chigorasu is a T-Rex, and it has an ability tailored for bite moves, and that it's a Dragon-type, it's almost a given that it will have a high attack stat and at least one elemental fang.
I highly agree with this, I envision a slow bulky attacker, similar to Ttar but not as bad as rampardos.
Amarusu is pretty cool (no pun intended), but its ability isn't that unbelievable, as it's essentially a variant of Normalize that only works on one type, converts said type into a much better offensive type, and grants a power buff that draws similarities to Adaptability, although the actual boost will probably be lower, about 20-30%.
amarusu does indeed seem to be good, but we need not forget his rocks weakness and massive weakness to common physical priorities. But only time will tell.

Actually, Pokebeach wasn't completely right. They said that psychic would resist fairy and that fairy would itself have no resists besides that dragon immunity. It's possible that Pokebeach might also be only partially right about the starter final evos.
It's more accurate to say that the Pokebeach rumor neglected to mention resistences, not that it didn't have any.

And I suspect that being partially wrong on type match ups (that he either missed or changed since his version of the beta) is different that being wrong on the typings (which are likely tied directly with designs)

I think the leaker just never mentioned what fairy resists. I don't think he explicitly stated that fairy doesn't resist anything. I think the type chart was at beta testing at the time.

EDIT: ninja'd

I was set on Froakie, but its (and Fennekin's) second stage is terrible! On the other hand, Chespin's evolution became my favorite Pokémon of this (and the previous) batch! I'm reserving a team slot for the Rock/Ice dino and Chespiñata!

I thought the power boost meant STAB. As in, your dino now gets STAB from things like Return, Hyper Beam and Tackle.

Really I quit wi-fi for that specific reason. Every time I'm about to win....disconnect. I actually wanna do wi-fi now.
It was meant as a joke; wi-if will probably gain more players and/or keep newer players who might be discouraged by people who love their w/l ratio more then life itself.

I thought the power boost meant STAB. As in, your dino now gets STAB from things like Return, Hyper Beam and Tackle.
Probably, I was just counting the possibilities that it could give an additional buff do to it changing a specific type, or the less likely option that it causes Normal-type moves to deal damage as if they were Ice-type moves, i.e. the move gains STAB as if it were a Normal-type move, but otherwise behaves as an Ice-type move, having the same type match ups, etc, and the power boost mentioned would be a sort of "pseudo STAB". While the second option seems unlikely, it would be a (somewhat) simple way to implement the "dual-type moves" the Pokebeach rumor mentioned.

Amarusu needs about 200 defense if it wants to survive a bullet punch. Has anyone said anything about the ability that halves damage from contact moves? I can see that making some really good physical walls. The Normal-type that is confirmed to get it essentially loses its Fighting weakness.

Edit: Nope, with uninvested base 100 HP and base 200 def, Bullet Punch is still a guaranteed OHKO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)