Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thrilled about these new types. As a quick note, I'm really hoping that earlier rumor proves to be true. Water / Fairy Milotic would only have 3 weaknesses alongside 3 resistances, a dragon immunity, and have a distinguishing factor over other water types. Grass / Fairy Celebi would be an amazing defensive typing, while Ghost / Fairy Mismagius would have fantastic neutral coverage with very few weaknesses. Good stuff

Has anyone thought of the possibility that fairy wind is a priority attack? Not much of a competitive player but a SE priority against dragons that dragons can't abuse would be an good nerf i think. Also could the lion cub evolve into a fire\fight? It fits with the whole lion concept and GF seems to have a hard-on for the type combo

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If Dual-typed moves get introduced and they work the way that Stellar mentioned, what would be some existing moves that would have dual-type? Muddy Water could be treated as a Ground-type move when attacking, Freeze Shock as an Electric-type move and Ice Burn as a Fire-type move (finally giving triple STAB to the two Dragons as it was expected by many), Mega Kick and Mega Punch as Fighting-type moves, and Razor Wind as a Flying-type move.

Other ideas?

Fairy Wind is striking me as a Fairy-type Silver Wind.

As for Fairy-type itself can't wait to see which of past mons are Fairy now (besides the announced ones of course).

Also is anyone else bothered by Furabebe not being Fairy/Grass

"It's not actually the flower, but it has to find a flower which it then protects its entire life."

Sure the flower is not part of its body. It just adopts it, but still would have been cool if it was Fairy/Grass. Maybe its evolution is (assuming it has one).

If Dual-typed moves get introduced and they work the way that Steller mentioned, what would be some existing moves that would have dual-type? Muddy Water could be treated as a Ground-type move when attacking, Freeze Shock as an Electric-type move and Ice Burn as a Fire-type move (finally giving triple STAB to the two Dragons as it was expected by many), Mega Kick and Mega Punch as Fighting-type moves, and Razor Wind as a Flying-type move.

Other ideas?
Flash Cannon... Steel treated... + Electric
Draco Meteor... Dragon treated... +Rock/Fire

If Dual-typed moves get introduced and they work the way that Stellar mentioned, what would be some existing moves that would have dual-type? Muddy Water could be treated as a Ground-type move when attacking, Freeze Shock as an Electric-type move and Ice Burn as a Fire-type move (finally giving triple STAB to the two Dragons as it was expected by many), Mega Kick and Mega Punch as Fighting-type moves, and Razor Wind as a Flying-type move.

Other ideas?
i'm not sure about muddy water. sure, it's got mud in it, but it's still mostly a water-based attack...

mega kick and mega punch should just become fighting as it makes no sense that they're not imho - but it makes sense as they really don't do anything special and it'd be cool to let them have a real reason to be used [and it'd be really helpful as a way to break through rocks and steels, as normals have trouble with that via their normal STAB attacks]

how about power gem for faerie or dragon or something? rock definitely makes sense, but power gem - to me at least - brings to mind a sort of magical quality that rock lacks, but faerie or dragon might have.

On the dual-type ideas:
Heat Wave: Flying STAB + Fire damage
Earth Power: Fire STAB + Ground damage (or vice-versa? though I don't like the idea of EP changing)
Octazooka: Water STAB + Poison damage

Can't the methodology of dual-type moves be confirmed first before we speculate too far into left field?
(Blaze Kick really should be a Fire move that hits like a Fighting move, and I'd make Wake-up Slap a Fighting move that hits like a Normal attack)

Define poor
It'll almost certainly have the standard eon stats in some arrangement, and I wouldn't be inclined to call them poor
It depends on where its 130 and 110 stats fall, along with its move pool. If it winds up being an awkward Flareon, then it'll be in trouble. If it's more like Jolteon or Espeon, then more power to it.

Err, what? Sylveon appears to be the only Eeveelution that'll be introduced this Gen. I mean, it'd be weird for it to get all the focus if there's another one waiting in the wings. Plus you'd have expected there to be some leak.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
well, if hirobyte [the guy who leaked the faerie type months in advance, got lots of names right, etc] is correct, yveltal is dark/flying and xerneas is pure fairy.
It was MageLeif (Pokebeach's source) who got last Corocoro issues' names right.

With this new fairy type, I'm not sure if this will affect hidden power types and/or whether we can migrate pokemon from gen 5 to gen 6 though I haven't read up on this much further lately if I'm missing something here.
You know how they have added both ability algorithms in Gen V (the one used in Gen III and the newer one)? They're probably going to do it with Hidden Power: if it's from RSE-BW2, it uses the old formula; if it's from XY, uses the newer one.

Speaking of awesome defensive types, I'm really hoping the rumours of Ghost/Fairy Mismagius come true. If Fairy is in fact immune to Dragon then that's an awesome 4 immunities to Normal, Fighting, Ground and Dragon.
Not a rumor, only wishful thinking. But yeah, I really want that one. People correctly predicted Gardevoir; if she was eligible for being a Fairy, Mismagius is pretty much guaranteed.

I actually don't see Mismagius looking much like a fairy. It's a ghost that kind of looks like a witch. Gardevoir at least has the mystical feminine look to it.

Then again there's Marill...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I know. I for some reason had the attack as physical by mistake while calcing, with a hindering nature not thinking it mattered. Gardy has pathetic attack lol.

It is either roughly 60 (neutral to dark) or roughly 30 (SE against dark). Unless its NVE against dark, it seems that fairy wind won't be any significant attack.

edit: also, are you guys suggesting that pokebeach's source somehow guessed the fairy type/sky battles/whatever? I mean that's just absurdly unlikely. Unless the source is both in the know, and deliberately misleading us, then this is a legit source. Of course, not everything from an early version of the game will be the same now, let alone at release.
It could have 60 BP if Hydreigon has 252 SDef EVs and Gardevoir has ~10 SAtk IV. That Hydreigon didn't even have 31 HP IV, so we know they're not properly trained/bred already lol.

I actually don't see Mismagius looking much like a fairy. It's a ghost that kind of looks like a witch. Then again there's Marill...
Misdreavus (not sure about Mismagius) is based on the banshee; considering we've Gardevoir (???) and Marill (??????) as Fairies already, I'd guess the type could be an umbrella for magical/folkloric pokémon.

That, and I really want Mismagius to have near-perfect coverage.

Not a rumor, only wishful thinking. But yeah, I really want that one. People correctly predicted Gardevoir; if she was eligible for being a Fairy, Mismagius is pretty much guaranteed.
Ah, sorry. Thought I'd seen that somewhere in a list of Pokemon to be retyped (I think Mawile was on it, too). There's still a chance, I guess, seeing as it's a witch and fairy tales have tons of witches.

Ah, sorry. Thought I'd seen that somewhere in a list of Pokemon to be retyped (I think Mawile was on it, too). There's still a chance, I guess, seeing as it's a witch and fairy tales have tons of witches.
Thanks to this comment, I want to see Ursula and Maleficent made into Fairy Pokémon.

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro6134.jpg
It's going to evolve into a Fire/Poison manticore. Did you notice the stinger on its tail?
This makes all kinds of sense when you look at it's design. Not only does it have a stinger on it's tail, but it has a tan face and wide eyes that look like they would belong on a human character, not an animal. I doubt that they would go so far as to give it a human face, but the similarities are there as a homage to the man/lion/scorpion hybrid that makes up a true manticore. This makes me even more excited to see his evolution(s), they could end up being really cool Pokemon. The only Pokemon out of the E3 bunch that I don't care for is the pink butterfly (Vivillon?). It's design seems so low effort to me. My favorite by far is Noivern, who I'm pretty in love with. The poison/water Skrelp is really neat as well. I'm really liking this gen so far, more than the past two gens already.

Does the appearance of Houndour in the games suggest that their might be a Houndoom evo this gen? It's an exciting yet terrifying proposal for me, as they could easily ruin my favorite Pokemon with a badly designed evo. I didn't like any of the evolutions given to old Pokemon in gen 4, so it scares me a little.

Witches have strong ties with supernatural aspects and the occult... which seems to be the idea behind Fairy type anyway.

Yveltal said:
Thanks to this comment, I want to see Ursula and Maleficent made into Fairy Pokémon.
Maleficent is an evil fairy queen... a common concept behind fairies. So I think her chances are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)