Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a terrible system, I'm hoping for challenge mode from the start.

Also, I'm with the guy that wants to use the Kalos pokemon, the Kanto ones are ok for nostalgia but the only way I'd use a non-Kalos pokemon is if they had a Sheer Force Totodile on offer.

Sorry if it has already been pointed out, but I just found this video. Too bad the text is japanese so we may lose some valuable information (e.g. I didn't understand if HPump was SE or crit or w/e against Sylveon). The moves are easily recognizable by the animation, anyway the "old" moves are listed in the description

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
That video has been discussed to death, down to the EVs and IVs of each Pokemon. It was a crit, not a super effective hit... and it is impossible for Sylveon to have taken that amount of damage (it should have taken more). Many people proposed that either Drizzle or crits had been nerfed. Since Drought was confirmed to retain its old effect, Drizzle will as well. Crits seem very plausible as Pokemon Amie can raise the critical hit ratio.

Or the damage formula was changed / Sylveon had a variant of Multiscale instead of Cute Charm.

sorry for sounding stupid but
does this mean that we can choose a starter upload it to the cloud then restart and do the same in order to get all of the starters?

Last edited:
Where are you getting the notion that you can find MEvos in the wild?
That's actually a good comment. Has anyone seen the movie with mewtwo mega evolving? It didn't need a trainer with a stone or anything. Can certain pokes in the wild mega evolve? If they can, and need the stone, can you catch them and obtain their held item?

I honestly need more information on version exclusives before I pre-order. I'm all about Skrelp, but won't make a decision on one pokemon. US pre-order was honestly easier when I already knew everything from the JPN release. I'm hoping for a media blitz soon, because we're at about 5 weeks right now.

Obviously, Coro Coro comes out early next week. Is there usually new stuff every week leading up to launch after this?

That's actually a good comment. Has anyone seen the movie with mewtwo mega evolving? It didn't need a trainer with a stone or anything. Can certain pokes in the wild mega evolve? If they can, and need the stone, can you catch them and obtain their held item?
Ah, I'm sorry. I meant for that to come across like "That's grossly unlikely". It's not concrete, but the statements on the official site imply that you find Mega Stones on your own, and that MEvo only becomes a possibility after obtaining the Mega Ring. I got the image that searching for Mega Stones is like looking for the legendary bird orbs in the 2nd Pokémon movie, or locating Rainbow Drops in Kirby's Dreamland 2, and the activation of Mega evolution couldn't be done by an ordinary Pokémon because the Mega Stones are all probably tucked away in small caves and hard to reach places all over the region. Yours and Logan's posts imply that there're multiple copies of each kind of Mega Stone, which would be unnecessary for gameplay.

As for the Mewtwo in the Genesect movie, the movies have a history of breaking the rules set by the games on several levels, but the most recent rule they've had a field day on is form changing. In the Kyurem movie, Kyurem can change in between its three forms at will, and Keldeo only changes form when it uses Secret Sword (or maybe there's something different). It's like the Deoxys movie during the time of its reveal, when you could only see one form of Deoxys based on the game you were playing, but the Deoxys in the movie could change in between its first three forms at will. Form-changing by methods foreign to the games is just a marketing thing when it comes to the movies, you can't really look too much into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PME

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I honestly need more information on version exclusives before I pre-order. I'm all about Skrelp, but won't make a decision on one pokemon. US pre-order was honestly easier when I already knew everything from the JPN release. I'm hoping for a media blitz soon, because we're at about 5 weeks right now.

Obviously, Coro Coro comes out early next week. Is there usually new stuff every week leading up to launch after this?
Nope we just gotta stick it out. Usually everything leaks by now but Pokemon has their game completely locked down this time around. They aren't playing.

does this mean that we can choose a starter upload it to the cloud then restart and do the same in order to get all of the starters?
Yes. That is exactly the case.

Nope we just gotta stick it out. Usually everything leaks by now but Pokemon has their game completely locked down this time around. They aren't playing.

That's great... can finally get all three starters without another copy of the game

"Usually" meaning "once"
I'm pretty sure the majority of gens 2, 3, and 4 were just as under wraps as gen 6. Probably more so since they didn't have a big leak from a beta tester.

The september corocoro will likely be the last "big" reveal, barring another event along the lines of Pokemon Direct.
We will probably get some commercials with (hopefully) new footage nearing the release, though.

Reactions: PME
soccertrainer said:
I foresee a lot of replays in my future.

Run 1: Straight up pick a starter (Froakie) and go from there
Run 2: Use all three Kalos starters
Run 3: Chespin, Torchic, and Squirtle
Run 4: Froakie, Torchic, and Bulbasaur
Run 5: Just the three Kanto starters
Run 6: Endless combos with Charmander

And whatever else I can think of. I rarely do more than two runs on a game, but the trade/transfer simplicity of this new Bank-thing really opens up the possibilities.

I mean if I can get Torchic twice then
  • Chespin, Torchic, Squirtle
  • Mono-fire run with surf HP slave
  • Froakie, Bulbasaur, and Benga's Shiny Gible (still level 1 in my box)
  • Nuzlocke

Does anyone else think its strange that we haven't seen Geomancy actually hit anything? Or have we and I've just missed it?
That's true and on top of that Geomancy seems more like a healing/boosting move unlike Yveltal's Oblivion Wing which clearly does damage.
That being said Geomancy will probably end up doing damage instead of healing.

That's true and on top of that Geomancy seems more like a healing/boosting move unlike Yveltal's Oblivion Wing which clearly does damage.
That being said Geomancy will probably end up doing damage instead of healing.
It would be interesting if it were healing and boosting. Im imagining 5 PP, heals half max HP, and boosts Def and SpD one stage.

It would be interesting if it were healing and boosting. Im imagining 5 PP, heals half max HP, and boosts Def and SpD one stage.
That would be great and it would go along with Xerneas's whole life Pokémon theme. It would also be an interesting opposite to Oblivion Wing

I think the fact that being able to use another repel when the current when wears off in gen 5 being seen as something so crazy awesome speaks more of how slowly the menus are in that game (DS onwards I guess) then anything else. What they should do instead is make the menus run a hell of a lot faster. Because there is no reason AT ALL for menus to be that slow. But that won't happen because that makes too much sense! Instead we'll get the option to pop another repel right after it wears off without having to go back and select it again and I think the same applies to potions? instead of the menus not being goddamned laggy so it wouldn't be a pain to select items in the first place!

That sounds pretty fantastic actually. Though I have an old feeling that if it's damaging it will be a fairy type earthquake and if its healing it will be similar to healing pulse. It just seems to me that because the attack animation isn't localised but rather effects the general area around Xerneas that Geomancy would have multiple targets.

I did a quick search in Japanese and didnt find any details about it. Al that seems to be out there is ゼルネアスしか覚えることのできないわざ、「ジオコントロール」は、ゼルネアスのまわりの地面から七色のエネルギーが噴きだす美しいわざだ!その効果は、ゲームの中で確かめよう。
Meaning: Xerneas' signature attack is called Geo Control (Geomancy). It is a beautiful technique that causes rainbow colored energy to spout out from the ground around Xerneas. Its effect will be confirmed in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)