1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY Leaks

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Layell, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spenstar

Spenstar

2. Fangren

Fangren

No? Last I checked, he said he was going to try to figure it out, but now he's at work.
  3. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

The pic is kind of blurry... is that an ice mirror inside the cave?
    Maybe we get some sort of malevolent Dark/Fairy legendary spirit that lives in mirrors? It would be an interesting theme.
  4. TAKA (AKA frozen fire)

TAKA (AKA frozen fire)

That might be the room I was describing right now
  5. TheMantyke

TheMantyke Larvitard
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

You are misinterpreting that post completely. That user is stating something he'd be very happy with if it were true. yfw is an abbreviation for "your face when" and the point of the thread is gauging how people would react if the fact in the OP were true, mostly through reaction images.

That post confirms nothing and should not hold any weight. The purpose of the post was not to confirm anything, just to bring up a theoretical idea.
    Karxrida, Lovedrive, gvmgvm40 and 3 others like this.
  6. Magnemite

Magnemite more regal than user: TRC
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Watch it just be a Noivern, a la Volcarona. That would be so much of a troll move on GF's part though. It's too bad that there is no cute legendary before Chespin in the Pokedex like they did with Victini, because that would make #666 be Spewpa, which would be hilarious.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    Aragorn the King likes this.
  7. Azule

Azule

Seems likely. The odds of two rooms being discovered around the same time are pretty low.
  8. RHIT_Happens

RHIT_Happens

Will Nintendo/Gamefreak be making any comments concerning the game before release? Or are they just gonna let us stew until we can get our hands on a guidebook? And do those go out early at all?

Btw, I was an effing Wurmple. Cmon algorithm....
  9. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

68 new pokemon eh? Unless we end up getting like 20 more mons showing up post game, that means we probably have an even 70 with the inclusion of the about 2 event only pokemon. After all, we haven't seen this generation's psychic baby (mew/celebi/victini).

Also, has anyone made some sort of compendium of all the base stat calcs that have been done so far? I'd kind of like to see how the pokemon are shaping up from what we've seen so far.

EDIT: HAS ANYONE SEEN THE BASE POWER OF PARABOLIC CHARGE?
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    Karxrida and Spenstar like this.
  10. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

Dazzling Gleam's description states that the user attacks the opponent with a powerful flash.

The same screenshot confirms that Ampharos is incompatible with the move.

WAT.
  11. Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Anyone have team ideas yet
  12. Magnemite

Magnemite more regal than user: TRC
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

The stat boosts the megas get don't quite seem to make up for their loss of an item. Mega Blaziken actually gets something substantial outside of stat boosts ,which is the ability to pass a would be unfinished sweep to a teammate. And in what way is Mega Venusaur better? It loses its best attribute, Chlorophyll.
    Aragorn the King likes this.
  13. ThePROlificHipster

ThePROlificHipster

It's the same logic that it can't learn Ice Beam for whatever reason.
    Spenstar likes this.
  14. Kyro12

Kyro12

Skrelp, Fennekin, Squirtle, Spritzee, Honedge, Meowstic (Not sure this is even on-topic, so I can delete this if need be) Also, has it been confirmed if the Pokemon I mentioned (mainly Meowstic) are available decently early?
  15. AstralFire

AstralFire

All I know is that since Baton Pass may take a while to get onto Blaziken until we have uptrading, I'm 99% likely to try and get Protect and Mirror move onto Mega Blaziken to have fun with it in story mode.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
  16. DinaIsha

DinaIsha

Now that the nordic lore has been confirmed (Zygarde would be the Wyvern under Yggdrassil), do you expect the other legendaries to follow the same?
  17. AstralFire

AstralFire

Nitpick: Yveltal is a Wyvern, Zygarde is a worm/wyrm.
    Karxrida and Alert to Sounds like this.
  18. Skore

Skore

I think the Exp Share mechanics will make it much easier to catch up new team members if they're only available mid-game.
  19. Fangren

Fangren

All of those except Skrelp are in the Central Dex, which means they are early game. Skrelp is in the Coastal Dex, and iirc you need a Good Rod to get it, but it shouldn't be too difficult to train up with the EXP Share.
  20. Limi

Limi
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

it's been leaked about two days ago.
    here's the updated chart of all XY pokemon we've seen so far (which should be all but one of the new mons): http://i.imgur.com/XsdlNeQ.jpg

nope, it's not true.
  21. sandstreamftw

sandstreamftw

I'm starting to think that the Musketeers would have been better as the legend trio for Kalos over Unova.

1. They are based off of characters from a french book. Kalos is based off France, thus they would have linked up with that motif.

2. Yggdrasil, the World tree, talked about 4 deers that lived by the root. The trio would be related to Xerneas, who is their trio leader. Xerneas, being the life pokemon could have ordered them to preserve the lives of pokemon, linking once again that it is the life Pokemon.
  22. Minus

Minus Xylen is my hero
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Any new gameplay/plot revealed? (other than Megas, electric field, and Diantha)
    Where is Josh leaking?
  23. Korlashh

Korlashh

I've had ideas, but they've kept on changing :P
  24. Sgt.Moose

Sgt.Moose

So Avalugg and Gourgeist are not going to evolve?
  25. stage7_4

stage7_4

Somebody brought up that Zygarde could also be based on Zygote, the earliest developmental stage. This could represent potential life, or beginnings, contrasting life and death of the other two, and reinforcing the DNA/chromosome theme (in addition to the confirmed x/y/z dimensional planes).

While I like the Nidhogg reference, Zygarde's pokedex entry suggests he's more of a watcher/guardian than a malevolent entity that chews on the roots of the world tree.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)