1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Info Hub for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY Leaks

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Layell, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skore

Skore

I think the Exp Share mechanics will make it much easier to catch up new team members if they're only available mid-game.
  2. Fangren

Fangren

All of those except Skrelp are in the Central Dex, which means they are early game. Skrelp is in the Coastal Dex, and iirc you need a Good Rod to get it, but it shouldn't be too difficult to train up with the EXP Share.
  3. Limi

Limi
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

it's been leaked about two days ago.
    here's the updated chart of all XY pokemon we've seen so far (which should be all but one of the new mons): http://i.imgur.com/XsdlNeQ.jpg

nope, it's not true.
  4. sandstreamftw

sandstreamftw

I'm starting to think that the Musketeers would have been better as the legend trio for Kalos over Unova.

1. They are based off of characters from a french book. Kalos is based off France, thus they would have linked up with that motif.

2. Yggdrasil, the World tree, talked about 4 deers that lived by the root. The trio would be related to Xerneas, who is their trio leader. Xerneas, being the life pokemon could have ordered them to preserve the lives of pokemon, linking once again that it is the life Pokemon.
  5. Korlashh

Korlashh

I've had ideas, but they've kept on changing :P
  6. Sgt.Moose

Sgt.Moose

So Avalugg and Gourgeist are not going to evolve?
  7. stage7_4

stage7_4

Somebody brought up that Zygarde could also be based on Zygote, the earliest developmental stage. This could represent potential life, or beginnings, contrasting life and death of the other two, and reinforcing the DNA/chromosome theme (in addition to the confirmed x/y/z dimensional planes).

While I like the Nidhogg reference, Zygarde's pokedex entry suggests he's more of a watcher/guardian than a malevolent entity that chews on the roots of the world tree.
  8. TheMantyke

TheMantyke ( OAO)
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Guys, I think in all the hustle of this new stuff, we've overlooked what is quite possibly the most important leak of all

Show Hide
    Tomoko Kuroki is apparently now a Pokemon trainer.

[​IMG]
  9. Kaifi

Kaifi

I like it all!
  10. Oddish is the best

Oddish is the best

It's weird that that rock/fairy 'mon doesn't evolve...
  11. Garagara

Garagara

Very curious about electric terrain. Also grass terrain, which was mentioned briefly when electric terrain was revealed. Would love more info on these, or confirmation that grass terrain is fake. If these effects can trigger abilities of the pokemon using them, I wonder to what extent? If they last a certain amount of turns, does it trigger the ability every turn? Volt absorb triggering every turn would make pokes like lanturn get pretty reliable recovery, for example.
  12. MegaTyranitarX

MegaTyranitarX

I'm hoping there's more gen 2 and 4 and 5 megas with other gen 3 megas coming is RSE remakes.
  13. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

It doesn't evolve because it's gen 6's Shuckle.
    It could be a good defensive pokemon, but its movepool will have to be pretty good.

Volt Absorb/Motor Drive/Lightning Rod every turn sounds scary.
  14. SkaterTrainer

SkaterTrainer

Does anyone know if Charizard is the only starter with x/y mega-evolutions?
  15. Sephiroth

Sephiroth

venasaur and blastoise too
  16. Robert Alfons

Robert Alfons Fallen Angels
    is a Tiering Contributor

oh fuck you noticed it too? This is the next best thing since Clawitzer's name and Goomy (maybe even better)

Would these Hex Maniacs also have comparable social skills? I can totally see them coming at you and going "h-h-h-hi would you like to b-b-battle...?"
  17. BloodGod22

BloodGod22

Of course he is. He is Nintendo's favorite baby, unlike their red headed step child Torterra.
  18. Alert to Sounds

Alert to Sounds

So like, can they retcon this in? Because it's brilliant.
    Karxrida likes this.
  19. gvmgvm40

gvmgvm40

We also have Mewtwo. Other than that, we don't know whether there are any others or not.
  20. Skore

Skore

He said X/Y MEvos, so an X form and a Y form - which at the minute is Charizard and Mewtwo
  21. nerd

nerd
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Both of these Pokémon only have one mega evolution. No other starters receive double mega evolutions that we know of.
  22. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

Mewtwo is not a starter, he asked about starters.
  23. AstralFire

AstralFire

They could have, since they did basically that with Regigigas as well as the Ruins of Alph with the Sinnoh legends. But it seems they missed that boat.
  24. Limi

Limi
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

definitely not.

the requirements for pseudo-legendaries are nothing more than being the final evo of a 3-stage family and having a BST of 600 (and only being available late in the game, although your mileage could vary there). i know that some people think being dual-typed, having only one ability and at least one immunity are requirements, but personally, i've always thought of those as coincidences. and even so, those definitely don't take precedence over the 600 BST. so yeah, vivillon is sure as hell not a pseudo-legendary and goodra most certainly is, lol.

unknown, and you can almost rule out blastoise completely. kanpachi has found the mega stone for blastoise (and evolved it) and would have mentioned it if its name was "Blastoisenite Y" or whatever. as for venusaur .......eeeeh, i'd say it's very unlikely.
    Alert to Sounds and Lovedrive like this.
  25. Scrafatafy

Scrafatafy

Does anyone have an updated X vs Y exclusive list? decision time is coming soon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)