Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it, now I might want to get froakie.

That Frogadier looks fast as hell. It also has that ninja-like pose.
so we can quite conclude it's final form is water fight. fenn's final hints to be fire psy, and chespin's prolly grass dark. would make sense in the triumvirate of forces, since psy's strong against fight, which is strong against dark, which is stront againstpsy. which means that, for the first time ever the advantage matchup of the starters will go two way round.

in the primary types, Fenn > Chespin> Froakie > Fenn.

in the secondary types (final forms), Fenn > Froakie > Chespin > Fenn.

Am I the only one excited by this?

Am I the only one extremely disappointed by the in-battle animation for Charizard X? We went from the beautiful wing flapping of Charizard and Charizard Y (and Noivern for that matter) to it just seeming to hover in mid-air without moving its wings... Maybe because it lost its Flying-type it forgot how...? It makes me curious how that Sky Battle mechanics will accommodate for it, especially if Mega's retain their evolution upon switching out.

EDIT: There's also always hope that the animation isn't done for it in that clip. Like when we saw shadows in Sky Battles...
I think Pokemon with flying type or levitate are now animated to always be flying (to explain ability to miss ground moves), and those that aren't have a grounded pose. Due to his base form being flying, a non-flyer is able to get into sky battles.

Am I the only one extremely disappointed by the in-battle animation for Charizard X? We went from the beautiful wing flapping of Charizard and Charizard Y (and Noivern for that matter) to it just seeming to hover in mid-air without moving its wings... Maybe because it lost its Flying-type it forgot how...? It makes me curious how that Sky Battle mechanics will accommodate for it, especially if Mega's retain their evolution upon switching out.

EDIT: There's also always hope that the animation isn't done for it in that clip. Like when we saw shadows in Sky Battles...
My best guess is that Charizard is flying- type, and so was allowed to partake in a sky battle, and the mega-evo doesn't (or can't) change that.
My initial thoughts on Charizard X was that it had a deliberately "glide like" flying pattern to show that it is no longer flying-type.

It's also possible that GF is just going to be weird and allow any borderline cases into sky battles. So (for example) Dragonair is neither flying nor has levitate yet it wouldn't be outrageous if it could fight in a sky battle. I'm sure there are other examples of pokemon that fly/levitate/glide in the anime which aren't immune to ground- attacks.
so we can quite conclude it's final form is water fight. fenn's final hints to be fire psy, and chespin's prolly grass dark. would make sense in the triumvirate of forces, since psy's strong against fight, which is strong against dark, which is stront againstpsy. which means that, for the first time ever the advantage matchup of the starters will go two way round.

in the primary types, Fenn > Chespin> Froakie > Fenn.

in the secondary types (final forms), Fenn > Froakie > Chespin > Fenn.

Am I the only one excited by this?
I don't see how you can conclude this on the evidence so far presented. If Froakie's line is meant to resemble Ninjas then surely it makes more sense for the final evo to be Water/Dark. And if Chespin is more loosely based on a soldier then surely that makes its final evo Grass/Fighting. (this would of course re-enforce the X beats Y beats Z beats X circle).

I don't necessarily think that Froakie isn't Water/Fighting btw (I just want to play the Devil's advocate and suggest a reasonable alternative, whereby-) I don't understand how you can state that with any certainty at this point.

I doubt mid-battle type changes will make any difference. Otherwise Pelipper's gonna have fun getting things wet.

Swirlix's evo is known as the "whipped cream pokemon" in the pokedex (confirmed by Serebii).
Just in case GameFreak thought they weren't unsubtle enough with this one.
People still pay attention to the species epithets? I haven't since like, GSC. They're always dumb things like "the Flame Pokemon." Charizard's a fire type? Ya think, McFly?

I hope that the eligibility for participating in sky battles is not solely based on type/ability. It wouldn't make sense to have Butterfree participating in sky battles while Beedrill can't!

Well in a sky battle, Zard's got nothing to worry about. Who would run a ground move in a freaking sky battle??
They've said that some moves cannot be used on sky battles. I bet Earthquake, Magnitude, and Sand-Attack (Ground moves in general) are some of those.

Amaura stats

http://instagram.com/p/e-MP-cqfFb/#

can someone calculate please?
In process...

EDIT: Got em. 15 IV's, lvl 20, Hardy nature, no EV's:
  • HP: 62; range: 65-66
  • Atk: 28; range: 42-44
  • Def: 27; range: 40-42
  • SpA: 37; range: 65-66
  • SpD: 31; range: 50-51
  • Spe: 24; range: 32-34
These seem oddly low... I really hope I've been doing these right... Kabuto is 355, and according to this Amaura has a 294 BST. Maybe because IV's are set to 15 for averaging and no EV's messes with things, but it still looks low.

EDIT2: DOUBLE CRAP I KNOW this was done with 31 IV's not 15. Maybe that's why it's so low and wonky...... Sorry guys. I'll recalc when I get home.

Last edited:
Amaura stats

http://instagram.com/p/e-MP-cqfFb/#

can someone calculate please?
See my earlier post for assumptions

HP - around 70
Attack - around 48
defense - around 46
SpAt - around 70
SpDef - around 55
Spd - around 38

Ice/Rock with these stats makes it look horrible in-game.. (Unlike Froakie which looks really handy with good SpAt and Speed).

It's worth noting that these are approximately correct and can realistically vary by about 10% either side depending on IVs (and EVs too a bit).

I'd be very surprised if it doesn't carry some new special rock attacks to make use of that. Not to mention, decent bulk + Icy Wind makes it a good starter mon to handle a Horde battle.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
My best guess is that Charizard is flying- type, and so was allowed to partake in a sky battle, and the mega-evo doesn't (or can't) change that.
My initial thoughts on Charizard X was that it had a deliberately "glide like" flying pattern to show that it is no longer flying-type.

It's also possible that GF is just going to be weird and allow any borderline cases into sky battles. So (for example) Dragonair is neither flying nor has levitate yet it wouldn't be outrageous if it could fight in a sky battle. I'm sure there are other examples of pokemon that fly/levitate/glide in the anime which aren't immune to ground- attacks.

I don't see how you can conclude this on the evidence so far presented. If Froakie's line is meant to resemble Ninjas then surely it makes more sense for the final evo to be Water/Dark. And if Chespin is more loosely based on a soldier then surely that makes its final evo Grass/Fighting. (this would of course re-enforce the X beats Y beats Z beats X circle).

I don't necessarily think that Froakie isn't Water/Fighting btw (I just want to play the Devil's advocate and suggest a reasonable alternative, whereby-) I don't understand how you can state that with any certainty at this point.
Please don't use the anime as a basis for how game mechanics might work. Don't you remember the Horn?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

How did they get this video quality? Is it from something old? I don't think so.

Ok, to everyone that doesn't know what spritzee's evo is, it is a harlequin, a long nose harlequin to be specific

like this guy

*puts on fancy hat* Now that particular kind of harlequin was inspired, and in many cases is supposed to be Zanni http://shane-arts.com/Commedia-Zanni.htm, now harlequins in general are all derived from zanni, but spritzee's evo has feathers that seem to invoke very poofy pantaloons which is very characteristic of zanni *takes off fancy hat*

So in conclussion, ohman commedia dell'arte in mah pokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)