1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by SupremeDirt, Jun 21, 2012.

1. SupremeDirt

SupremeDirt

New Move Tutors

[​IMG][​IMG]

What we know:

• The first move tutor is in Driftveil City. He can teach Covet and Bug Bite, which cost 2 Red Shards; Drill Run, Bounce, Signal Beam, and Iron Head for 4; Super Fang and Uproar for 6; and Seed Bomb, Dual Chop, Low Kick, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Gunk Shot for an unknown amount.
    • The second move tutor teaches the moves Last Resort and Iron Defense for 2 Blue Shards, Magnet Rise and Magic Coat for 4, Block, Hyper Voice, Electroweb, and Icy Wind for 6. Other moves he teaches include Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, Foul Play, Superpower, Gravity, Dragon Pulse, and Dark Pulse
    • The third move tutors teaches Bind and Snore for 2 Yellow Shards, Heal Block and Knock Off for 4, Synthesis and Roost for 6, Sky Attack and Role Play for 8. Move Tutor also has Heat Wave, Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Pain Split, and Tailwind for an unknown amount of shards.
    • The fourth (and last?) move tutor teaches Worry Seed, Gastro Acid, Helping Hand, After You, Magic Room, Wonder Room, Spite, Recycle, Trick, Stealth Rock, Outrage, Endeavor, Sleep Talk, Skill Swap, Snatch.

2. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Now all we have to wait for is who gets them...

Hoping for Outrage DD MoxieMence, SleepTalk Conkeldurr, and Sucker Punch Hydreigon

edit: this is a list of changes that I see are very easy to predict and are highly plausible

List of the big, bad changes for current OU pokes:

-Dragonite: Superpower legal with Multiscale. Heal Bell has the potential to be legal and lol Ice Punch
    -Salamence: Say hello to DD+Moxie+Outrage. Of course there is the even better moxie+roost combo /s
    -Conkeldurr: Ice Punch to nail Gliscor (but Payback and Mach Punch are better IMO), Sleep Talk was given for abuse of Rest+Sleep Talk+Guts. To all the people who say he has 4mss on the bulk up set, what are you going to switch in on Band and Flame Orb Conk?
    -Gliscor: has access to Stealth Rock and Roost with Poison Heal
    -Ferrothorn: Leech Seed+Spikes+Stealth Rock becomes legal (illegal before due to breeding limits). Could potentially get Horn Leech which is kinda cool
    -Volcarona: Volcarona can now use Roost to play Bulky sets outside sun. There is a very strong implication of it learning Roost due to Fly and because its bug friend Scizor has wing-appendages while learning roost. It's strong connection to volcanoes means it has the possibility to learn Earth Power as well, like Heatran

List of smaller, non-gamechanging things that are now possible in OU:
    -Espeon: has access to Trick+Magic Bounce as well as Heal Bell
    -Infernape: has access to all elemental punches with iron fist where it was limited before, as well SR with iron fist
    -Lucario: has access to Ice Punch with the ability Justified
    -Hydreigon: Earth Power+Dark Pulse is now legal (fuck no sucker punch :*( ). Potential to learn roost moves it up to the big changes if it gets it
    -Venasaur: Has access to Giga Drain with Chlorophyll
    -Mamoswine: has access to Superpower and Stealth Rock with Thick Fat and Icicle Crash
    -Vaporeon: can use heal bell in conjunction with hydration (I guess if you want a cleric on a rain team?)
    -Magnezone: can use signal beam to KO celebi with analytic (ok its not that amazing)

List for stuff to watch out for that could potentially affect OU:
    -Zapdos: Lightningrod now has access to Heat Wave! Watch out Volt-Turn :)
    -Hippowdon: Has access to SR while using Sand Force. This means it can be used as a wall without having to use Sand
    -Cofagrigus: You may be inclined to disagree with me here, but the most bulky Ghost in game just got Sleep Talk and potentially Pain Split. I assume it might get access to Trick too. Mummy is an awesome ability the can be used to great effect.
    -Quagsire: Ice Punch is now available to use with Unaware
    -Slowbro: Can now utilize Trick with Regenerator
    -Gallade: Can now use Drain Punch with Justified along with Trick, the elemental punches, and Zen Headbutt! (this is really big for gallade)
    -Chandelure: Fairly certain it will get Trick. This will aid its choiced sets alot.

These are some of the more obvious changes. I don't want to say anything about expanded movepools (omgz haxorus gets fire pawnch) because we still don't know we will receive those moves.

edit 8:56 est (6/21/12): I went through all the Pokes in PO and these are the changes that are going to happen that are very plausible. Anything else is just a bit too crazy to be sure of to include on the list. Some stuff is just to hard to predict. Also almost all of the other stuff is inconsequential in any capacity to OU or not good enough to be used on a Pokes moveset, so it doesn't make the list. Cheers and only two more days to go! Maybe I'll update this list once we know everything.
  3. SupremeDirt

SupremeDirt

There's no Outrage in that list so far.
  4. Sandstreamer

Sandstreamer

So far, only Drill Run seems interesting to me, and that's if more strange non-Ground mons like Fearow get it.

EDIT: I'm especially thinking about Escavalier here, who (only) needs some coverage moves to be a great Pokemon.
  5. SupremeDirt

SupremeDirt

Yeah, I'm thoroughly unimpressed atm, but if Platinum and HGSS are anything to go by, we have 2 more tutors to look forward to.

I'll try and personally test them once I get a hold of the game as to who learns what.
  6. indian

indian

I wish haxorus gets fire punch. It will rip apart anything in its way.
  7. Sandstreamer

Sandstreamer

I'm seriously hoping for a Zap Cannon tutor so Golurk can learn it. Also, new tutors incoming:

More Move Tutors: Last Resort, Iron defense, Magnet Rise, Magic Coat, Block, Hyper Voice, , Electroweb, Icy Wind, , Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, , Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, , Foul Play, , Superpower, Gravity, , Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse.

Nice, but I don't see anything spectacular here right now.

EDIT: Foul Play has a great potential if it gets some distribution, though. Also, we'll have Aqua Tail on Haxorus at least.

EDIT2: I seriously hope they no one at GF ever thought of giving Superpower to Serperior.
  8. Draza

Draza

As stupid as it sounds ice punch skarmory and gliscor.

fire punch or superpower escavalier
  9. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Alright so we have one two more tutor to go before all the shard colors have been used :O

Please Sleep Talk...

edit: my mistake
  10. Sandstreamer

Sandstreamer

There are four colors of shards and 2 known tutors atm. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Fuck yeah, Skill Link Cinccino.
  11. Mijzelffan

Mijzelffan

More tutor moves revealed: Bind, Snore, Heal Block (according to pokebeach) / heal bell (according to serebii), Knock-off, synthesis, roost, sky attack, role play, heat wave, giga drain, drain punch, pain split and tailwind.

Glad to see Giga Drain back.

edit: pokebeach is the wrong party here, it's heal bell.
  12. Raverist

Raverist

Last Resort, Iron defense, Magnet Rise, Magic Coat, Block, Hyper Voice, Electroweb, Icy Wind, Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, Foul Play, Superpower, Gravity, Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse. Cost Blue Shards

This tutor I'm unsure of the location for. Notable moves are bolded above.

I do enjoy the fact Earth Power/Dark Pulse Hydreigon will be legit, and then I saw the Yellow Shard tutor list. Moves of interest there are as follows:

HEAL BELL
    Knock Off
    Synthesis
    ROOST
    Heat Wave
    Giga Drain
    Drain Punch
    Pain Split
    Tailwind

Poison Heal Roost Gliscor, fucking hell, this bastard can't stay OU for much longer.

And Mijzell nijas me. Balls.
  13. Sandstreamer

Sandstreamer

That's why you don't ban offensive rain.
  14. alphatron

alphatron Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!

Giga drain is a move tutor?

Hey, the phone's ringing. Chlorophyll venusaur just called. He seems most pleased...
  15. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

16. Sandstreamer

Sandstreamer

Also, possibly, Volcorona.
  17. The Reptile

The Reptile CELEBRATE
    is a Pre-Contributor

Conkeldurr is happy that it gets to smash Gliscor in it's stupid scorpion face with Ice Punch (most likely).
  18. Cinco Diablo

Cinco Diablo

I truly hope so....We can only wait
  19. GRs Cousin

GRs Cousin

I'm looking for forward to what will hopefully be Sucker Punch Scrafty, Heal Bell Multiscale Dragonite, and Heal Bell Bronzong.
    Sucker Punch seems almost as if it'd be tailor made for a thug like Scrafty.
    Dragonite clerics are already effective as it is, allowing Multiscale as well would make them even more plausible than before. I hope Heal Bell wasn't a one-time thing in Pokemon XD.
    Bronzong itself could use more tricks, and for god's sake the thing's a freakin' gong. Gongs are big bells, why doesn't it get Heal Bell?
  20. HolyAvatar

HolyAvatar

That one is gonna be hell to break. So hard to 2HKO without an ice move....
    Even something like like SD/BP/EQ/Roost with poison heal is gonna be really annoying.
  21. Navarch

Navarch

Magic Room, Wonder Room, Spite, Recycle, Trick Room, Stealth Rock, Endeavor, Skill Swap are new move tutor moves.
  22. Raverist

Raverist

And the fourth set of good tutor moves consists of...Stealth Rock.

Yeah, that's it. Trick Room is situational, and the rest of the moves are fucking shit.
  23. Mijzelffan

Mijzelffan

According to pokebeach that one also includes Worry Seed, Gastro Acid, Helping Hand, After You, Outrage, Endeavor, Sleep Talk, and Snatch. Also pokebeach lists trick rather than trick room.
  24. The Reptile

The Reptile CELEBRATE
    is a Pre-Contributor

Gliscor is having a field day. First it gets roost and now Stealth Rock. Good thing we got Ice Punch I guess.
  25. Navarch

Navarch

Whoops. Didn't see that update on Serebii. Now I do. Thanks.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)