Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

Maybe a physical set with Nidoking in UU is now more viable. Sheer Force with Eearthquake/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunderpunch could be quite rad.
I would say to fit Gunk Shot in there as well, assuming Nidoking gets it from the tutors. It's a 120 BP STAB empowered by Sheer Force. That's going to hurt. Maybe get rid of Thunderpunch for it.

Stealth Rock and Outrage, 2 of the best moves in the game.

But I will be very glad if more Pokés get elemental punches like Golurk or Conkeldurr

Ah fuck Conk is going to get the punches, ice punch is really gonna mess with Gliscor countering Conk. I hope though ice punch because standard in a rush to get it, and that I can counter it with Jellicent. A man can dream can't he.

Giga drain is big for venusaur, I mean huge, can Blissey even counter Venusaur with gigadrain?

Heatwave + lightning rod Zapdos please nintendo.

Gen 5 didn't introduce many defensive pokemon for stealth rock, so outside of rock and steel types, maybe Alomomola, Ammoongus, (maybe Jellicent), may get it, and Im speculative about even those.

Outrage + moxie + dragon dance Salamence X_X.

Zen headbutt, iron head, earth power, super power, and aqua tail could help a lot of pokemon's movesets.

Oh snap roost Gliscor, yo Im all for that.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If Nidoking gets Gunk Shot from the move tutors, HC Nidoking might become viable. A set with Hone Claws, Gunk Shot, Blizzard and Thunder with Life Orb has the potential to be very good. +1 Gunk Shot ohkoes the special walls that usually ruin your day such as Umbreon, Clefable and Snorlax. Also Gunk Shot puts Rotom-H to it's place!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
typical 'tutor moves,' no real surprises there. bit of a sinking feeling that Rapid Spin isn't there because that's the only thing that could save all the stagnant entry-hazard dominated metagames that we collectively know as Gen 5. If anything they've made it worse by increasing Stealth Rock's availability. Oh well, back to hoping that we get a lot more Rapid Spinners through new egg moves/level-up moves.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Btw has any poke that didn't know Rapid Spin before, learned it as an egg/lvl up move in new games?

@alexwolf: Sandshrew, Sandslash, and Torkoal didn't gain access to Rapid Spin until Gen IV. So, yes. :)

Also, Spinda via breeding in Gen V.

Btw has any poke that didn't know Rapid Spin before, learned it as an egg/lvl up move in new games?
From a quick glance at bulbapedia, Geodude once learned rapid spin via event in gen 2. And the level of learning it for Pinco and Forretress changed between D/P and plantinum. So its not too out of the box, I could see some rapid spin events.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Man, this is awesome.

Everyones pretty much named all the big ones but I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking about Ice Punch terrakion and Landorus!

DDOutrageMoxieMence I'm coming for youuuu!

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Geodude got Rapid Spin in Gen 2 only due to NYPC events, that gave to a lot of pokemon crazy moves (like Lovely Kiss on a lot of stuff, Growth Eevee, Spikes Delibird and etc), so I wouldn't expect much really. Though it's completely possible that there are new level up moves on some pokemon, just like Brave Bird Ho-Oh on Platinum.

I don't think Terrakion will get any punch moves honestly, it doesn't even get drain punch. Heck the only moves that show Terrakion can use its hands are helping hand, poison jab, and x-scissor.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
Come on GF, give Aero a chance to use his ability by making Brave Bird a lvl-up move for him!!!

You once gave hope to the fiery bird, now don't let the flying dinosaur's shine die...

EDIT: Btw, on the Gunk Shot Nidoking matter, i did some calcs and +1 Adamant Nidoking with a moveset of Gunk Shot / EQ / Ice Punch and Hone Claws, ohkoes the whole UU after SR + Spikes!!!

ss234

bop.
If Landorus gets the elemental punches, he'll be almost uncounterable-Ice Punch destroys Gliscor, Fire Punch for Scizor, and Smack Down and Earthquake means he can get past Skarmory. If Terrakion gets the elemental punches, then he will make a great Scizor lure with Fire Punch, and Ice Punch completely crushes Gliscor. If he can get Helping hand and Poison Jab, then he could well be getting the elemental punches. I doubt it, but it would make his choice sets far more terrifying.

Haxorus is going to be an absolute monster-as is Conkeldurr. I suspect Conk's choice sets will become more popular, since he can do so much damage to absolutely everything. I doubt DDMoxieMence is going to be that bad-but everyone is going to need to pack a priority user for that thing. Expect Mamoswine usage to rise to check Haxorus, MoxieMence and Gliscor(sort of).

Who does everyone think will get SR? I wonder if the musketeers will do-Terrakion is a rock type and Cobalion is a steel type after all. Landorus will probably get it too, since he's a ground type. Looking forward to Lightning Rod Zapdos. That thing is a beast special attacker in UU, and is definitely one of the very best Scizor counters.

After thinking about it, I don't think that Conk is going to be that bad. If it goes Bulk Up set with Mach Punch, Drain Punch and Ice Punch it is absolutely useless against Jellicent and Slowbro. It now has severe 4MSS if it goes on the Bulk Up set, since without Mach Punch he's going to fail against Nape and the like, without Drain Punch Skarmory's going to screw him over badly and without Ice Punch Gliscor's there. With Ice Punch Jellicent and Slowbro are going to destroy him. I suspect a huge rise in Jellicent usage-Keldeo and a rise in Conkeldurr is going to make him a boss.

This is definitely the calm before the storm...Outrage for Moxiemence? Ice Punch for Conkeldurr? Roost for Poison Heal Gliscor? And the fact that you don't need Pt/HGSS except for a couple of very specific stuff?

But it's not the most obvious things that already had good tools that concern me, it's if pokemon that weren't viable before will rise up. Like, will we see another Scizor or Aggron case? What pokemon that most people have often brushed aside will get a new leash on life?

I honestly can't see Conkeldurr being "much" better with Ice Punch. Really, Payback and Stone Edge still seem like the superior options to me, as his list of counters just increases when it uses Ice Punch.

After thinking about it, I don't think that Conk is going to be that bad. If it goes Bulk Up set with Mach Punch, Drain Punch and Ice Punch it is absolutely useless against Jellicent and Slowbro. It now has severe 4MSS if it goes on the Bulk Up set, since without Mach Punch he's going to fail against Nape and the like, without Drain Punch Skarmory's going to screw him over badly and without Ice Punch Gliscor's there. With Ice Punch Jellicent and Slowbro are going to destroy him. I suspect a huge rise in Jellicent usage-Keldeo and a rise in Conkeldurr is going to make him a boss.
Conkeldurr can always drop Bulk up, and replace StoneEdge with Ice Punch to take on flyers, while still keeping Drain Punch and Mach Punch for STAB healing and priority, and Payback for Coverage against ghosts.

DW Conkeldurr is starting to look viable now, though I like my Guts on him.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Drill Run Beedrill. Please let it happen. If only for the coolness.

Those of you who grew up with the early episodes of the Animé probably remember the absolute terror that was Beedrill. You stroll around in the forest, when suddenly you hear a sound like a chainsaw starting up. Then a choir of similar sounds echo through the forest. Wild Pokémon flee in terror as Beedrill take off from their hives. Like a swarm of attack helicopters, they zip across the woods, searching for prey. When they spot a target, the entire swarm quickly mobilizes. Stingers ready, they dive towards the prey like kamikaze pilots. The noise is unbearable, the prey can only writhe in panic as Beedrill repeatedly stab with their spear-like stingers, dripping with venom.

Then you play the games and realize this attack of terror has a BP of a meagre 50, on par with Confusion (the worst Psychic move, which Butterfree learns upon evolution at lvl. 10) and worse than Bite.

GameFreak, please give us a more powerful move to use in the "Beedrill attack" scenario.

Sincerely,
all of us who love Beedrill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)