Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

Speaking of the Kyurem formes, how will the new moves impact the Uber tier? If Zekrom gets Superpower the band set will be a gigantic pain in the ass. Most Stall teams rely on Ferrothorn, Skarmory, or Steelceus to check powerful physical attackers, however the new Superpower tutor would end the reign of the Steel types and the Roost tutor will bring in different, less seen walls such as the new Regen Ho-oh (I believe an event was announced or something? I don't have the link anymore), Roost Multiscale Lugia, and of course, Gliscor usage will probably EXPLODE in Ubers
Superpower will be great on Zekrom for removing Ferrothorn, as well as not having to use Outrage against Dialga. Bolt Strike / Outrage / Superpower / Dragon Claw seems like a pretty solid set.

Roost Multiscale Lugia will laugh even at Zekrom, though.

I'm drooling a little at the possibility of Roost Hydreigon. Lack of reliable recovery (alongside its lower Speed) was always one of the bigger deterents keeping me from using Hydreigon over Latios often. Roost could change that.

Also, these tutos mean that Ferrothorn can now finally have Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Leech Seed on the same set. Stealth Rock tutor as a whole will have some serious implications. Synthesis is interesting but would likely prove too inconsistent. If it gets Superpower I might look at its CB set in a whole new light.

I'm not buying into the Haxorus hype at the moment. I'm skeptical that it will receive every elemental punch. At the moment Thunderpunch seems reasonable, and Fire Punch seems a bit implausible but still a real possibility. I highly doubt it will get Ice Punch though.

Also I'm surprised Sleep Talk isn't really being talked about much. Suddenly Ninetales has a reasonably reliable recovery option, and Restalk Dragon Dance Multiscale Dragonite could be a hilarious gimmick. I don't think access to Sleep Talk will have that much impact on the meta, but what it does change could be interesting.

I know Altaria successfully ran a Rest / Sleep Talk / DD / Outrage set back in 4th gen UU. Throw Dragonite's added bulk, power, and multiscale into the mix and it actually looks like it could work. I never thought about Roost Hydreigon, but it does sound pretty cool. Also, Roost / Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw / Coverage MoxieMence is a more defensive take that might actually work.

ss234

bop.
That's funny because I never said it was going to drop out of OU. Okay, now I'm dropping this discussion.

The problem I see with that Landorus set is that Poison Heal Gliscor is likely to get Stealth Rock via the move tutors, so Gliscor will probably overshadow that set. I think the primary Landorus sets will continue to be Choice Scarf and Swords Dance. I find it pretty unlikely that people will use Stealth Rock on Landorus if it gets it, especially considering that sand teams can just use Tyranitar to set up SR.
Fair enough I suppose, but Landorus has better offensive presence than the standard Tyranitar, and the ability to outspeed Haxorus is a big plus as a lead. Landorus would be used as an anti-lead who can U-turn out, as well as lure in checks for things like Terrakion(Gliscor etc.) and then kill with HP Ice, and against Slowbro he can U-turn out. Earthquake would be the STAB move to use against Ninetales and Tyranitar. Not great against hail or rain granted, but it would definitely pack a bit of a punch. The ability to outspeed and kill Ttar and Ninetales and set up SR is quite rare in this metegame.

Still no Rapid Spin move tutor. Still no Extreme Speed move tutor.

Come on super secret post-game move tutor that uses all 4 shards per move

I doubt Haxorous is getting the elemental punches since it doesn't even get access to the elemental fangs, which would be more obvious in its case. Besides isn't Haxorous based on the concept of a purely physical dragon without any sort of elemental power?
Well it gets Incinerate. And Poison Jab. Surf. Grass Knot.
So no, not sure where you got that idea from?

ss234

bop.
If Haxorus doesn't get the elemental punches I will be both annoyed and pleased. On the one hand, if it does then he will be amazingly strong. If he doesn't though, there wil be no need to run Mamoswine or Scizor on all of my teams.

Heal Bell Multiscale Dragonite
And I thought he couldn't get any better after Multiscale. Let the BW gen be known as "The Rise of Dragonite" (well assuming he gets HB, it's very plausible).

As for the rest of the tutor moves, nothing terribly surprising. Yeah DD MoxiMence and DW Gliscor get dangerous new toys to play with, but most of the tutor moves were just brought over from previous games. Hey, at least they brought over some of the best ones.

And am I the only one psyched for a Gravity tutor? Awesomely underrated field effect. For a while, most of the pokemon that learned it could only get it from gen 4, now this eliminates some of the need for 4th gen RNG. Picture this: Sheer Force Nidoking @Gunk Shot/Thunder/Fire Blast/Earth Power without the fear of Levitators or the need for Hone Claws :naughty:

EDIT: I mean to say that Nidoking is a great Gravity sweeper, no way will he actually get the move

Also I'm surprised Sleep Talk isn't really being talked about much. Suddenly Ninetales has a reasonably reliable recovery option, and Restalk Dragon Dance Multiscale Dragonite could be a hilarious gimmick. I don't think access to Sleep Talk will have that much impact on the meta, but what it does change could be interesting.
I've been drooling over the sleep talk tutor included. I did talk about cofagrigus, but I think the biggest boon for Sleep Talk is Conkeldurr. It is so big I think Sleep Talk is more signifgant to Conkeldurr than Ice Punch! This is what I was thinking of:

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 212 HP / 160 Atk / 136 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is the tank of tanks. 212 HP means that you aren't KO'ed by Seismic Toss/Night Shade with Sleep Talk (you hit 404 HP). 136 Special Defense EV's is the same amount of special bulk the Bulk Up Conkeldurr set has, which is pretty good and to think this has more. The rest is dumped into that massive attack stat to hit stuff hard and another application. With Sleep Talk active, Conkeldurr hits an attack stat of 586!!! This means that in conjuction with Drain Punch, you can heal a decent amount of health even off neutral hits while still remaining asleep. Payback is there to hit Ghost types hard who might be problematic for this set (looking at you Jellicent). This is what I came up with in my spare time, but the EV's can be played around with. Who knows if it is good enough (and it does look good)

Is there any confirmation of heal bell yet. I've searched pokebeach and there doesn't seem to be anything on heal bell.

Superpower Multiscale Dragonite. What implications does that have. Personally I think it's kinda sucky. Superpower implies switching to keep it's massive power and bulk so it kinda contradicts Multiscale which can be broken by a simple Stealth Rock.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Terrakion getting punches is also stupid. It walks on four legs guys.

I'm really hoping that the BW2 release will open up some DW areas as well, iirc Unova Pokemon didn't get DW abilities because game freak never designed overworked sprites for them yet, that looks like it could change here though. Serperior with actual coverage would be amazing. Ferrothorn could easily run a set now of SR/Spikes/Leech Seed/Attack. Roost could seriously shake things up with Volcarona and Gliscor. DD Outrage Salamence looks like an unstoppable beast ATM with Outrage and Dragon Dance. Currently nothing likes switching into it, Skarm gets beaten by Fire Blast, Bulky waters and Grounds hate Outrage, and you can't sack anything for Salamence. Hopefully Roost Gliscor can help deal with that!

Nobody thought about Throh (bulkiest fight type around) with BU/Rest/SleepTalk/CircleThrow?
And what about a scarf moxiekrow with Superpower? Or just Honchkrow that can murder steels with HeatWave or Superpower.
Also, maybe Klinklang and Escavalier will get some love with Superpower or similar.

EDIT: Superpower makes impossible for Tyranitar to switch into rain dragonite

Still no Rapid Spin move tutor. Still no Extreme Speed move tutor.

Come on super secret post-game move tutor that uses all 4 shards per move

Well it gets Incinerate. And Poison Jab. Surf. Grass Knot.
So no, not sure where you got that idea from?
Not sure about the first one (maybe it's to demonstrate how weak its fire breath is compared to other dragons with fire moves since it doesn't get flamethrower of fire blast), but the other three just indicate it can dip its claw in poison and punch you, swim, and make a grass rope to trip you. I'm confused as to how that indicates elemental power.

On the other hand, I'd say the fact it gets Shadow Claw does point to the potentially strong possibility it gets the punches since it involves using a claw made of shadows, and, if it can do that, I see no reason it can't use one made of either flame, electricity, or ice.

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough. I really hope it does. Having more toys to play with is always fun.

Terrakion getting punches is also stupid. It walks on four legs guys.
When BW Pokemon were discovered, there were people who thought the legendary ¿horses? maybe they were not be able to learn Close Combat by the same reason.

Don't assume Dragonite could learn Heal Bell in BW2, it cannot learn it in 4th gen HGSS tutor, only by Pokemon XD.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
As far as I can tell, and I know that I'm forgetting at least a couple (feel free to expand it), the following are absent from the list:

Code:
Generation 4 tutors: 

[LIST]
[*]Air Cutter
[*]AncientPower
[*]Dive
[*]Fury Cutter
[*]Headbutt
[*]Mud-Slap
[*]Ominous Wind
[*]Rollout
[*]String Shot
[*]Sucker Punch
[*]Swift
[*]Twister
[*]Uproar
[*]Vacuum Wave
[/LIST]

Generation 3 & 4 TM's:

[LIST]
[*]Focus Punch
[*]Water Pulse
[*]Bullet Seed
[*]Shock Wave
[*]Secret Power
[*]Steel Wing
[*]Brine
[*]Endure
[*]Silver Wind
[*]Avalanche
[*]Captivate
[*]Natural Gift
[*]Defog
[*]Whirlpool
[/LIST]
Generation 2 TM's:

[LIST]
[*]Curse
[*]DragonBreath
[/LIST]

Generation 3 tutors: 

[LIST]
[*]Double-Edge
[*]Seismic Toss
[*]Mimic
[*]Nightmare
[*]Mega Punch & Kick
[*]Softboiled
[/LIST]
I wonder how much time will a compatibility list take to surface. I hope it won't take more than a couple of days.

And what about a scarf moxiekrow with Superpower? Or just Honchkrow that can murder steels with HeatWave or Superpower.
Also, maybe Klinklang and Escavalier will get some love with Superpower.
I'm beyond stoked for the improved MoxieKrow. DPP Honchkrow was great, original MoxieKrow was great, and now we can combine the best of both. Moxie is such a great ability, and now he can abuse it to its fullest potential withou getting stopped dead by Steels.
If he does get Drill Run (considering he gets Drill Peck), would that have any merit? The canceling out of Superpower's Atk drop by Moxie is nice, but if Drill Run scores similar kills and keeps the net change of +1A instead of +0A/-1D, it might be quite nice.

And Escavalier is a mon to watch. The changes to current OUs are obvious and anticipated, but lower tier guys with new toys are potential new threats.

I think Escavalier might actually be good (please...)
Also, Outrage Moxie Salamence!!

You know, I remember in the begininng of the generation, I had a wonderful idea for a pokemon that used Rest+ Sleep Talk + some other stuff. I thought it was soooo genius, then I went to create the pokemon on PO and it said it was incompatible with Sleep Talk and (move/ability "x").

I thought "Oh that's unfortunate" and completely forgot the idea :(

Oh, and punches too!!!!!

Ive always imagined close combat as the pokemon getting real close to you and bashing you with whatever. So maybe Terrakion jumps on top of you and tramples all over you a bunch.

Huh I calced it, Gliscor actually does take fire blast quite well, even outrage. The more you know.

Edit: guys before you get to ahead of yourself, remember you can't trade or transfer at all between gen 2 and 3, so no zap cannon Golurks

ss234

bop.
If Escavalier gets Drill Run/Superpower, does anyone think he'll make it to OU? Personally with a movepool similar to Scizor, but with a possible Ground move with Drill Run for Heatran and Magnezone, I think he would become a very effective Trick Room abuser. With defenses greater than Scizor, he will at least become a terrifying new threat in UU if he doesn't make it.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Escavalier is still overshadowed by Scizor big-time, so I doubt it'll make it to OU. Same exact typing as Scizor, and a similar Attack stat as well. Also, Scizor gets Bullet Punch.

However, Drill Run/Superpower could make it more deadly in UU, giving it some extra coverage for things like Registeel.

I am thinking about a ResTalk set with Escavalier. The last two moves could be Megahorn and Drill Run. Skarm walls it with no end in OU, but in UU it can work very well. I tested Sp Def Escavalier 252 HP, about 252 Sp Def and it works well. And Rest gets rid those annoying random burns from Scald, thus, it can stay and threate waters without fearing a Scald's burn.
Gligar is not a true counter due to the fact Roost negates its flying type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)