Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, i know. Focus Sash Counter Gengar. Screw you Tyranitar and your Pursuit!

Seriously now: just give Rapid Spin to Miltank and that's it.

I know, i know. Focus Sash Counter Gengar. Screw you Tyranitar and your Pursuit!

Seriously now: just give Rapid Spin to Miltank and that's it.
Miltank doesn't have...*double checks*

Huh
You'd think anything that could rollout could rapid spin.

And that there would be more then 15 of them. I always assumed people said the same two or three rapid spinners since they were the only viable ones, not also because there's so few of them.

(Delibird gets it?!)

First of all, how is it broken when Skarmory and Rotom-A still wall it to hell? Second of all, since when has the brokenness of a Pokemon stopped Gamefreak from creating it?
It was already said. It COULD get Heat Wave. If there are still move tutors, which is unlikely, if GF follows their policy and removes all after game related content besides the tower in the first two games and adds it again in the third G5 game.
So I´ll give you a point there for Skarmory. But for Rotom-A, it will most probably again be unusable in Wifi Battles, which is the only thing Gamefreak has to care about, when creating abilities/Pokemon. They don´t care about Shoddy/whatever will replace it.

I just said that(the Broken thing), because STAB+Brave Bird+110AtkBase+LO+Encourage does lots of damage to everything that doesn´t resist it and probably a good dent to steels.
Assuming Encourage gives a 30 or 50% boost and that Wargle really gets this Atk stat.

EDIT: I´ll give you that ;) Gamefreak really doesn´t care about being broken or not.

Actually Rotom forms and Giratina forms are probably going to be allowed to be used on wifi and wireless
this. the only reason you cant use rotom formes in wifi is that theyre not programmed into DP , so they would have to split wifi into pre and post plat, which would suck. gen 5 wont be compatible with gen 4 anyway in term of battling so theres no reasonnot to implement rotom-A

Adding forms was just a giant mistake. I mean, they're going to have to add those items in every fucking game from here til the end of time if we want to battle with our Giratina-O or Rotom-A.

Adding forms was just a giant mistake. I mean, they're going to have to add those items in every fucking game from here til the end of time if we want to battle with our Giratina-O or Rotom-A.
Totally agreed. I freakin' hate the forms.

Why can't Shaymin just evolve into Skymin? Rotom into it's various forms?

In other news, Serebii says that Dento is confirmed to have the Broccoli Monkey.

Having the first gym to be one of the starter types is weird to me...

GOOD, I'm not the only one who realizes that Game Freak just made a broccoli monkey.

And, while we're on this topic, HOLY SHIT HAS ANYONE SEEN ASH'S EYES? Ash with anime eyes is something that should never, EVER be allowed to happen.

Aaand I guess that the new trailer confirms that the first gym is Grass. That's weird.

talk about anime....

ash with anime eyes: big no

trainer with ubers: gamefreak told the anime guys to troll us too.

serious, ash lose 4-0 like usual....that was just another pathetic excuse for ash losing again.

back to BW. forms sucked really hard, rotom was a pretty cool pokemon, not broken but very useful. then he get forms and wall almost the entire physical metagame with that base 9000 defense, WOW and great typing.

Ash has the same eyes as only, guys. Only like one of the shots shows slightly bigger eyes, so probably just an animation flub.

Also Ash has always had anime eyes

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is it me, or do Ash's eyes have a reddish tint to them?

Also, how often is CoroCoro (japanese pokemon magazine) released? Every 2 weeks?

talk about anime....

ash with anime eyes: big no

trainer with ubers: gamefreak told the anime guys to troll us too.

serious, ash lose 4-0 like usual....that was just another pathetic excuse for ash losing again.
As far as Ash's battle goes, it should be noted that he was the only trainer to force Takuto (Darkrai's trainer) to use a second Pokémon, and he beat that one, too (if Pikachu's suicidal KO counts as a win for him). He lost to Ubers, but everyone lost to the same uber (save Takuto himself, obviously) except Ash, who had a pretty awesome battle.

As far as big anime eyes go, I think it's high time they updated his look: He's been hanging out with people using a design that's almost 15 years old (save changing clothes). And his eyes have always been brown/auburn/whatever, they're just drawn as black lines most of the time.

Ontopic about Black/White: We're having a Grass Gym as the first gym, huh? Interesting. Well, that means Pokabu already has a type edge against the first gym, with Mijumaru having the disadvantage...

The first gym being grass type is certainly interesting. Pokabu is at an advantage while Mijumaru is at a disadvantage (though honestly, just catch Kirumiru or Mempato and its straight).

I'm starting to think that Acrobat may in fact be a TM, the gym's signature TM at that. Dento has Yanappu, who's signature move seems to be Acrobat. Not only that, but it being super effective against Tsutaja would make it a bit more difficult for both the water and grass starter, who, coincidentally, typically have the easiest time in the first gym.

Unless the first gym is multitype like many guessed.
But the only gym in all of the games that has been more than one type was Blue's take on the Viridian Gym in GSC/HGSS. That's one out of 33 gyms (counting all the Kanto gyms in GSC/HGSS as the same as their RBYFRLG versions save Giovanni). Not only that, but Blue's Gym is the last gym in those games, not the first. I don't think they'd make it complicated, especially at the beginning of the game.

So yeah. I wouldn't put much stock into the 'multitype first gym'.

Maybe gyms will have a theme rather than a specific type associated with them.

ie; Trick Room gym, Berry holding gym, Green Pokemon gym, Sunny Day gym..

I like how everyone acts like the removal of entry hazards could only help pokemon, when the truth is its a much needed part of the metagame, and aside from pokes with weakness to Stealth Rocks has a beneficial effect.

I like how everyone acts like the removal of entry hazards could only help pokemon, when the truth is its a much needed part of the metagame, and aside from pokes with weakness to Stealth Rocks has a beneficial effect.
Entry hazards are fine, but they have to be nerfed. More Pokemon need Rapid Spin, or another move (of a different type), that serves the same purpose. Or nerf the damage SR does, capping it at 25%.

you guys are talking about giving a pokemon rapid spin to a pokemon with scrappy, or coming up with a non-immunity move that would get rid of entry hazards. With this in place, you make entry hazards non-viable. Go ahead, then I'll make a team with perfect synergy, and keep switching back and forth so that you can't put a dent in my team.

Removal of entry hazards would help stall a lot >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)