Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um guys, you can still transfer stuff from DPPtHGSS, so SR is still pretty common on Gen 1-4 Pokemon ok, so don't get overly excited. I also suspect SR mgiht be breedable in gen 5 to compensate for lack of its TM.
True, but it would make the "156" metagame on WiFi more interesting. It would be a shame if a pokemon with a great stat spread and 550 total was made UU just because it was Bug/Fire...

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see the point in Stealth Rock not being a TM when we can just transfer all of our old Stealth Rock users over from Generation Four. The only difference will be some egg or level-up moves in Generation Five, but some can be Heart Scaled and for things like Azelf it won't matter. Regardless, just because Stealth Rock isn't TM76 anymore doesn't mean it won't be a TM with a different number, I guess.

I don't see the point in Stealth Rock not being a TM when we can just transfer all of our old Stealth Rock users over from Generation Four. The only difference will be some egg or level-up moves in Generation Five, but some can be Heart Scaled and for things like Azelf it won't matter. Regardless, just because Stealth Rock isn't TM76 anymore doesn't mean it won't be a TM with a different number, I guess.
^ this
It'll just be harder to do things in-game. at least being a TM would make it reusable

the main diff it'll make is that there are no new users (unless it gets learnt by level up!)

Yup, and good stats to boot. Spiritomb is no longer the best Pokémon without weaknesses (watch out for Ononox's Earthquakes, though).
That has yet to be determined and I wouldn't be so sure. Shibirudon has no weaknesses. Spiritomb has no weaknesses AND a very good ability on top of that.

Since when has Pressure been "very good"?
This

Shibirudon also has pretty good attacking stats(bar Speed), while Spiritomb has just average. Still, Spiritomb is sure not to lose his "no weaks place" by facing a Mold Breaker. They´re pretty much even, in case you really want to compare those two.

That has yet to be determined and I wouldn't be so sure. Shibirudon has no weaknesses. Spiritomb has no weaknesses AND a very good ability on top of that.
i would use levitate over pressure on spritomb all day, but youre kinda right, its not sure yet.

anyway, i really like the new water/ghost, it (with a VERY high) counters gyarados, crocune, heatran, infernape (it doesnt seems to heavy, if it is GK from NPape will be a problem though) and scizor while spinblocking and possibly even spinning (it looks a lot like tentacruel, so why not).

rotom forms getting unique typings also rocks, water/electric with levitate and rotoms weight has virtually no weaknesses in OU (grass know has 20 BP and energy ball isnt the most powerful move out there, so i dont think it will be used that much) and it can counter gyara even better now. i havent thought about the other forms yet, but grass/electric seems good too.

theres many more cool things, hihidaruma for example seems much better tha i imagined, especially the daruma mode, which is really (REALLY) bulky and has 140 spA encourage on top. only thing that bothers me is the not-so-great typing of fire/psychic, but still, it seems promising.

...i guess thats enough thought-dumping for now.

i would use levitate over pressure on spritomb all day, but youre kinda right, its not sure yet.
So would I, but as far as Shibirudon is concerned, levitate only gets him to the point where Spiritomb starts at. Actually, levitating electric is worse defensive typing than dark/ghost with no ability because the former has 3 resistances and 1 immunity compared to 3 immunities and 1 resistance. Spiritomb THEN gets what I consider a very good ability to top that off.

Rotom is going to be an amazing Pokemon this generation with the various new typings. Electric/Water is probably the most useful in my opinion. Also, I believe some (if not all) of the old TMs that were replaced could be made available via Move Tutors.

The new Rotoms should be interesting.

1: Each will have to be teired seperately, when they have different types...

2: Rotom-W gets kicked again. It's the Flareon of the Rotoms. It's ability becomes USELESS, and it becomes a weaker Zapdos.

3: They're no longer spin blockers, and lose all of the advantage [And disadvantages] of being a Ghost... such as 2 immunities, and great STAB coverage.

IMO, the changes to the Rotoms are BAD. Rotom H and C have moves which drop their Sp.Attack that they've traded for the Ghost typing, and Rotom H gets an SR weakness.

The winner of the Rotoms is certainly F, because of BoltBeam STAB.

Also, seeing as this is the speculation thread...

Anyone else think with all of the abilities with Sand involved now, Sand will be on par with Rain and Sun [AKA, broken to the degree that abilities that cause everlasting Sand are broken under support]. If this is the case, Tyranitar, Hippowdon and even Hippotas will become Uber under support, just as CAP proved lv 1 Groundon and Kyogre would be Uber under support.

Rotom W got the best.

H & F are weak to Stealth Rock
C & H has stat reducing move
S has levitate (what the hell)

And only a grass weakness.

The new Rotoms should be interesting.

1: Each will have to be teired seperately, when they have different types...

2: Rotom-W gets kicked again. It's the Flareon of the Rotoms. It's ability becomes USELESS, and it becomes a weaker Zapdos.

3: They're no longer spin blockers, and lose all of the advantage [And disadvantages] of being a Ghost... such as 2 immunities, and great STAB coverage.

IMO, the changes to the Rotoms are BAD. Rotom H and C have moves which drop their Sp.Attack that they've traded for the Ghost typing, and Rotom H gets an SR weakness.

The winner of the Rotoms is certainly F, because of BoltBeam STAB.

Also, seeing as this is the speculation thread...

Anyone else think with all of the abilities with Sand involved now, Sand will be on par with Rain and Sun [AKA, broken to the degree that abilities that cause everlasting Sand are broken under support]. If this is the case, Tyranitar, Hippowdon and even Hippotas will become Uber under support, just as CAP proved lv 1 Groundon and Kyogre would be Uber under support.
By Rotom-W, do you mean Rotom-Wind? Because if you mean Rotom-W as in the water type...that is definitely the best typing.

EDIT: Stealth Rock as a TM is irrelevant - we will still be transferring over our old Metagross/Swampert/Azelf/Aero leads regardless. What I want to know is whether or not the rumored 25% max, 6.25% min caps were placed on it? Not that it matters now that we have Aiming Mark + Rapid Spin...

Oh, I forgot it was Rotom-F [Fan], now Rotom - Wind <_<

Still, Rotom - F is the Flareon of Rotoms.

It gets the worse special move, a useless ability to go with it's type, and is utterly outclassed by Zapdos!

Do you think the UBER meta will be physical based now with the introduction of the fifth g or do you think the meta will remain to be spA oriented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)