Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
groudon is a double edge sword: the sun stop kyogre, make his fire punch stronger and fuck the accuracy of thunder. on the other hand most sun sweepers are grass types and will outspeed him on the sun, plus fire blast get the same boost STAB does and depending on the user it can 2hko, probably even ohko with shit like specs but then again depending on the user.

i like this kind of pokemon, it bring great power but great responsibility. you have to know when to use the power that is offered to you and i expect zekrom to be this kind of pokemon....he got something powerful and dangerous about him.

edit:yeah UT some shit like that.

groudon is a double edge sword: the sun stop kyogre, make his fire punch stronger and fuck the accuracy of thunder. on the other hand most sun sweepers are grass types and will outspeed him on the sun, plus fire blast get the same boost STAB does and depending on the user it can 2hko, probably even ohko with shit like specs but then again depending on the user.

i like this kind of pokemon, it bring great power but great responsibility. you have to know when to use the power that is offered to you and i expect zekrom to be this kind of pokemon....he got something powerful and dangerous about him.
Reshiram feels left out :'(

Dragon/Fire: Only resisted by Heatran.
Dragon/Electric: Only resisted by Magnezone and Steelix.

Both are excellent offensive types and will be a force to be reckoned with in Ubers. Zekrom is probably going to be better, overall, since it doesn't have a SR weakness but Reshiram has better resistances, IMO.

Assuming those rumors are true, I would think that their abilities would boost stats when they get hit with the type of attack in question, similarly to Flash Fire. Of course, I still don't think those rumors are true, but I would like to see some of those type combinations like Ghost/Steel, Ice/Fighting, and Normal/Ghost.

I doubt it, because then TeraVoltage would just be a copied form of Motor Drive/Volt Absorb, just raising Attack, and I do not want that. And.. GROUDON??? I would put more question marks if I could, if you switch Groudon in to a Fire Blast, it's history.
Nope.
If the ability is what was rumored you might need an immunity to deny the boost.
So obviously you're going to switch Groudon in on a Zekrom Thunder not Reshiram's Fire Blast!
I thought that would have been clear from the context.

Anyway, what I was thinking is that it's more a sort of Motor Drive thing not the above.
I guess we'll find out before the game is released when we get a proper preview of the Legendaries.

EDIT:

Is it me or do we need a hell of alot more fire types?
Hmmm..with Hihidaruma, Reshiram, and Pokabu don't we already have as many in Isshu as Sinnoh?
I think so because all I can think of right now are Chimchar, Magmortar, and Heatran.
I have a feeling there will be more Fire types in the end.

Nope.
If the ability is what was rumored you might need an immunity to deny the boost.
So obviously you're going to switch Groudon in on a Zekrom Thunder not Reshiram's Fire Blast!
I thought that would have been clear from the context.

Anyway, what I was thinking is that it's more a sort of Motor Drive thing not the above.
I guess we'll find out before the game is released when we get a proper preview of the Legendaries.
Oh, I thought you meant that you would be switching in Groudon and Heatran to Fire Blast, my bad ^_^'
And yes, we do need way more fire pokemon

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Iirc, the official website said something about the middle attacker unleashing super powerful attacks. I'm thinking the middle attacker won't receive a damage reduction, so you will want to have your Earthquaker or Exploder in the slot. I'm not 100% sure on this.
I've heard that too, but I'm wondering if the translation is accurate. Apparently it says that, "If a Pokémon in the central position uses [a move like Surf], it will be very powerful." Maybe it just means that it's very powerful by virtue of being able to hit all the other Pokémon, not that it actually gets a boost in power. It seems very odd that GameFreak would boost the damage of moves that are already hitting all of the opponents.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Dragon/Fire: Only resisted by Heatran.
Dragon/Electric: Only resisted by Magnezone and Steelix.

Both are excellent offensive types and will be a force to be reckoned with in Ubers. Zekrom is probably going to be better, overall, since it doesn't have a SR weakness but Reshiram has better resistances, IMO.

Assuming those rumors are true, I would think that their abilities would boost stats when they get hit with the type of attack in question, similarly to Flash Fire. Of course, I still don't think those rumors are true, but I would like to see some of those type combinations like Ghost/Steel, Ice/Fighting, and Normal/Ghost.
Dragon/Electric:
Resists Fire, Water, Electric(4x), Grass, Flying, Steel. Weak to Ice, Ground, Dragon.
Dragon/Fire:
Resists Fire(4x), Electric, Grass(4x), Bug, Steel. Weak to Ground, Rock, Dragon.

So... Zekrom trades Water and Flying resists for Reshiram's Bug and a Grass4x resist, I'm actually pleased how balanced they are (from what we know so far). They have similar weaknesses - neither Ice not Rock is a good weakness to have - of course, there's unfortunately SR around everywhere to make Resh's life miserable.

And imho, we don't need more Fire types more than any other type... and a SR Weak is much more crippling than Ice weak - especially since any Zekrom will have Kyogre on his team to soak up Ice Beams.

Zekrom + Kyogre is going to be the most broken duo in all of ubers gameplay >.>

also side note: With the deleting of the last black white thread I lost over 80 posts. Now I'm back down to 12 ._.

Am I the only one who thinks the version legendarys abilities are a bit to over powered? I mean raise your atk move when you use it O.O

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Am I the only one who thinks the version legendarys abilities are a bit to over powered? I mean raise your atk move when you use it O.O
Which is why I believe it's a mistranslation or just ((get readyfor it)) a RUMOR. Aka, not fact.

And regardless of these rumors, yes, Kyogre+Zekrom will be best teammates for sure, but Kyogre will HATE getting around opposing Zekrom (assuming it's faster [it looks like it'll be], otherwise Ogre's Ice Beam will hurt).

I hate all this speculation and people making up English names as they see fit.

I'm going to pre-order the game and the day it comes out in North America, I'm going to hop on the Internet and check out which version has better exclusives and which starter is the best and go from there. I'm not interested in the lies people are spreading, just solid evidence like official screenshots, trailers, and things on official Pokémon websites (Japan and USA). I do not believe that that extremely (somehow already) overrated Grass starter is named Smugleaf, because there's no evidence to support it as far as I've seen
Oh give it a rest, Rocky Dennis. They're nicknames because no one wants to type Tsutaja and Mijumaru or whatever.

I do :( I'm getting black version :P

Also Reshiram gets groudon so we're talking stab fire in sun with a boosting item WITHOUT being x4 weak to sr >.> Reshiram is groudon's ultimate aid to shaymin as well.
Finally someone else! :D
What' neat is, they made Zekrom physical (or I hope so) to break special walls next to Kyogre, and Reshiram special to break physical walls alongside Groudon. Kewl IMO ^_^

Did someone just insult Reshiram already in this new thread?

Now with that done... I'm still hoping a bit that Wild Bolt gets spread decently to Electric 'mons like Electivire and Luxray, just so they have some sort of good STAB outside ThunderPunch and Spark, respectively.

And also, Sun needs a boost to be less shafted by Rain. I thought the Sun was supposed to be nice, and cool, not just... Meh. At least give Grass types a boost in some stat, perhaps?

Did someone just insult Reshiram already in this new thread?

Now with that done... I'm still hoping a bit that Wild Bolt gets spread decently to Electric 'mons like Electivire and Luxray, just so they have some sort of good STAB outside ThunderPunch and Spark, respectively.

And also, Sun needs a boost to be less shafted by Rain. I thought the Sun was supposed to be nice, and cool, not just... Meh. At least give Grass types a boost in some stat, perhaps?
Daym Ming Ming, that's EPIC. And wasn't wild bolt special? Not physical?
I think sun should boos at least attack or special attack for grass/fire types :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)