Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how the hell can this:

turn into this:

DNite does not look like its pre-evos. it doesn't.

on the other hand, i agree with the people who say TTar looks like its pre-evos.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so has anyone else seen victini and thought

"oh yeah that's just what we need, a fire-type legend weak to both pursuit and stealth rock"

it's like taking the 'worse' arguments for specs latias and specsmence and combining them in a single pokemon. i really hope it doesn't have entei syndrome...

"oh yeah that's just what we need, a fire-type legend weak to both pursuit and stealth rock"
I actually tried making a team today and I literally thought

"You know what would be awesome here? A Fire/Psychic type....>__________>' "

it's like taking the 'worse' arguments for specs latias and specsmence and combining them in a single pokemon. i really hope it doesn't have entei syndrome...
Exactly what I thought. Hopefully, it's move pool makes that negligible. Even if it maxes out it's potential, SR and Pursuit should keep it from going Uber. If it doesn't cut it, we may be looking at the weakest Phantom to date. Who knows? Maybe game freak will surprise us.

Victory Star raises accuracy for all your Pokemon in play by one stage.

...100% accurate Fire Blast anyone?

(I won't mention Victini+Blizzard user in Doubles/Triples...)

BTW, who might be best, using Gen IV mechanics (since we haven't found the big mechanics change of Gen V,) at using improved Growth?

It's was a bit on the sarcastic side. It only feels like it's been a really long time. :P

I'd say the best one with new Growth would have to be Venusaur. Seems like the only good poke that could use it to its full potential, besides maybe Roserade and Shaymin. I'm not really experienced with Grass types, though, so I'm not really the guy to ask.

I like how most Grass types CAN go mixed, but always choose one side. Growth is pretty much Grass-exclusive, so I think this is going to be a really great asset.

Something like Victreebell would probably be best for it since it can run something like Growth/Leaf Blade/Earthquake/HP Fire in the sun to take out most Pokemon. Since all Grass-types get Swords Dance, any Pokemon that wants to use Growth is going to have to have a reason to use special moves.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That would be cool if it learned Earthquake. You would probably need to replace that with Sleep Powder.

What really needs to get Leaf Blade is Shiftry. I mean it does have, you know, leaf blades for arms and all. It should also get night slash. Right now it has to rely on seed bomb and faint attack for a SD set, even though it's still deadly in ubers even with that. Shiftry is one of my favorite Pokemon, really underappreciated imo, it's one of the best sun sweepers and is one of the few Pokemon to get both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, now it can even go mixed with growth!

Another grass type that needs more love is Tropius. I'm holding out for a Grass/Dragon Tropius Evo, especially if Tsutaja doesn't become a dragon.

What really needs to get Leaf Blade is Shiftry. I mean it does have, you know, leaf blades for arms and all. It should also get night slash. Right now it has to rely on seed bomb and faint attack for a SD set, even though it's still deadly in ubers even with that. Shiftry is one of my favorite Pokemon, really underappreciated imo, it's one of the best sun sweepers and is one of the few Pokemon to get both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, now it can even go mixed with growth!

Another grass type that needs more love is Tropius. I'm holding out for a Grass/Dragon Tropius Evo, especially if Tsutaja doesn't become a dragon.
Shiftry could use Leaf Blade and Night Slash, yes. However, Sucker Punch Shiftry always sort of helped out, and the fact it can go special still helps.

Tropius does need an evolution. I'm hoping for a -lot- more speed so you can abuse a good Base Speed with Solar Power, since more emphasis seems to be on Sun and Sand from what we've seen thus far for Gen 5. Something running around at about Base 100 and absolutely decimating with something like Growth-boosted Solar Power Solarbeams....That's a scary thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)