Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaziken was revealed because it appeared in the anime beforehand. The same as Zoroark appearing in the movie, really.

That would be Epic. Bellyzard would be awesome. He would just KO everything besides Heatran. I wonder what +6 resisted Outrage/Dragon Claw does to Scarftran. Bellyzard is holding Salac Berry. A Jolly Roost LO set would be awesome, allowing him to set up multiple times.

These calcs are Adamant with Salac Berry[does not effect results]

Heatran

Dragon Claw does (67.8 - 74%)
Outrage does (94.1% -110.8%)

Even Skarmory is 2HK0ed by Outrage 100% of the time. That means he can't just switch in on Outrage. Dragon Claw allows you to hit both of them though.
Swampert Dragon Claw by the skin of his teeth, but doesn't stand a chance against Outrage. He is OHKOed by LO Jolly Dragon Claw 60%+ of the time.
Fire/Dragon would really open up the door for Charizard;

Swords Dance, Fire Punch, Earthquake, Roost
Dragon Dance, Fire Punch, Earthquake, Roost
Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, Earthquake, Outrage
Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Focus Punch, Substitute

That's besides the obvious BellyZard. If Charizard gets to be Dragon-type, then Tsutaja evo should as well.

Is anyone else scared that the Dream world can only be accessed by inhaling smoke from a pokemon? I can actually see Ash Ketchum snorting a Musharna.
Why would I be afraid of that?

I don't now if this was brought up yet, but wouldn't it be cool if Dream World changed the typings of some pokemon, for example Fire/Dragon Charizard, Water/Dragon Gyarados, Bug/Dragon Yanmega, wouldn't that be cool?
Fixed that for you, because Yanmega is the most pwnsome pokémon ever to have existed, and is only let down by its unfortunate typing and SR. If GF somehow gave Yanmega an option to be Bug/Dragon, somehow, I think I would die of happiness. STAB Specs Tinted Lens Draco Meteor, from 116 Base SpA... Drool...

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reminds me of the USA.

I like its design hopefully it end up having a good stat if it ends up not evolving. Since I don't quite like Staraptor as the strongest normal/flying type bird.
So you're expecting to encounter level 2 Rapeagles just out of the first town? No chance, that'll be the fully evolved form. There will be one/two cute little eaglets that evolve into Wargle.

Reminds me of the USA.

I like its design hopefully it end up having a good stat if it ends up not evolving. Since I don't quite like Staraptor as the strongest normal/flying type bird.
It used Hyper Beam in one video. I'm pretty sure that move is reserved for fully evolved Pokemon. You don't have to worry about it evolving into something that isn't quite as awesome.

So you're expecting to encounter level 2 Rapeagles just out of the first town? No chance, that'll be the fully evolved form. There will be one/two cute little eaglets that evolve into Wargle.
Nope. I wasn't expecting that you'll encounter Wargle in the early start of the game. I'm guessing that Mamepato is the first bird you'll encounter. Well it'd be nice if it has pre-evos. Or it'll be the counterprt of Swanna.

nintendo won't reveal it before the game release.

But if it's any consolation, half an hour after I had access to the ROM, I'll put here in smogon all information.

every Stats and learnset of every pokémon, and after that, almost all the information about any move changes and information about every new move
Just a quick question, how are you going to get access to an B/W rom?

Just a quick question, how are you going to get access to an B/W rom?
Emulating it on some kind of DS emulator or flashcard once the rom gets dumped. Hopefully, if we're lucky, we'll get the rom dump early and be able to access the information before the official websites like Serebii get their hands on them.

Emulating it on some kind of DS emulator or flashcard once the rom gets dumped. Hopefully, if we're lucky, we'll get the rom dump early and be able to access the information before the official websites like Serebii get their hands on them.
The same way everyone will. I Don't need a working rom, I really don't care about emulation and I will have the original japanese game.
Well that answers my question right there. Now I can only hope that a few copies of the game comes out earlier than it's expected release date so we could have the information even sooner.

On the starters:

At first I thought the Starters were okay.

Though, like others, I've been made skeptical about the authenticity of them thanks to SS dissecting Gifs.

My hope is that we get the wonderful Psy/Dark/Fight typings, and the SamuOtter must be excellent! I still will be taking Pokabu as its an adorable little thing.

On the Dream World:

An excellent way to potentially find hackers. However, it may even allow for easier hacking. I love the approach of it, though, I'd still prefer a little pokewalker to take around.

On TMs:

My guess is that we'll get between 25-50 New TMs while retaining the old 100.

----------

In anycase I'm digging the new pokes after the initial knee-jerk. Tripple Battles seem as if they are going to be very important (which might be annoying for us BRGY vets) thanks to a whole gym being dedicated to them.

Grrr. I want to hit the FFW button.

So, are people discussing how important it is to know about the new Pokemon days before other people will, even though there's no way to apply that knowledge until well after everyone else has it?

So, are people discussing how important it is to know about the new Pokemon days before other people will, even though there's no way to apply that knowledge until well after everyone else has it?
So you are implying:
- That you cannot spend a few days thinking about strategies before you make your first team.
- Shoddy/PokemonOnline programmers could not use this information early to prepare for the updates to their respective battle simulators.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
The final evolutions for the starters are fake. I know this because I spoke with Christopher Monsanto's beard. It was the single most terrifying moment of my entire life.

Upstart

Copy Cat
honestly I don't care if they are real or not I can see both ways. I have already grown to like all the designs as they all have their own quirks. Like the thumbs on mijy3 for making fists :) or using a horn as a sword. But if they are not then I hope the real evolutions don't look dumb and I don't have to go through all the stages agian.

I do think it is funny how at first the starters were all hated bar maybe the grass one. But now they are excepted just as I feel will happen to these evolutions if they are real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)