Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you guys seem to have gotten by now that -- while mold breaker is seriously better than illuminate -- it is nowhere near as strong as intimidate, which -- remember, remember -- is what another 600 BST dragon got...
Go ahead and imagine Garchomp with Mold Breaker. I'll wait.

I don't know if somebody else has already noticed this, but meguroko is in one of the scans, so I did a calc on his HP stat:

0 IV's, 0 EV's: 53 base HP

31 IV's, 0 EV's: 37 base HP

I am assuming he will evolve at least once, but this shows that he probably won't be the bulkiest think around. We can't know for sure though as we have yet to see all of his stats.

Also Chiramii is in one of the pictures too, with her HP range being base 61 to 77.

I can't read japanese, so could someone please say what the stat spread at the top left of the scan here is for? http://pokebeach.com/news/0710/corocoro-black-white-6-7.jpg

Here is the stat range regardless (assumed to be at level 50, low value being 0 IVs and a hindering nature, high being 31 and a boosing nature):

HP:37-53 Atk:18-42 Def:34-62 SpA:44-74 SpD:36-64 Spe:2(lol)-23

I think it might be smugleaf.

EDIT: ninja'd a while ago lol. I did these calcs as I typed.

Go ahead and imagine Garchomp with Mold Breaker. I'll wait.
1. Ground types of course have a HUGE advantage from Mold Breaker, as probably have of the pokemon that Mold Breaker is useful against have Levitate.
2. Pure Dragon does not have that much from Mold Breaker as there is no ability having to to anything with Dragon (not even Solid Rock as of now).
3. Even if I imagine that, you're argument is pointless: It would come down to Garchomp killing Bronzong (again). Everything else are risky switch-ins at best. Let's go thorugh the OU list...
(a) Azelf, dies to EQ now. Would have died almost to Dragon Claw (good chance after residual damage), easy thing for outrage.
(b) Flygon, dies to EQ now (?). Would have died to Dragon Claw, too.
(c) Gengar, dies to EQ now. Would have died to Dragon Claw, too.
(d) Rotom, dies to EQ now. Would have been able to revenge kill (NOT switch in) at near full health (perhaps).
That's it from current OU. Surely, Mold Breaker is nice to have / a good ability / better than Rivalry if you're not into playing strange mind games / eases prediction in many cases. But come on. It's not Magic Guard, it's not Intimidate, in the current metagame, even Levitate is more useful. (Though THAT might change easily.)

e: Also, seriously, Mold Breaker not as good as intimidate? Yeah, let's see Salamence take down that Bronzong with a fierce look.
Come on, don't make me laugh. I just stated that Bronzong is the ONE pokemon a Dragon really needs Mold Breaker for. On the contrary, I'd like to see Mold Breaker Gyarados switch into anything... >_>

forgot to mention that intimidate is not always better, chomp would run mold breaker over intimidate any day if he had those 2, why? cause he dont need any more bulkness, he want to kill bronzong, a pokemon that wall him to death. to put it short say intimidate is better then mold breaker or the other way around is wrong since it totally depend on the pokemon job, offensive ones prefer mold breaker and defensive ones love intimidate. STAB on EQ is just a plus because even unboosted EQ is nice when you hit SE.

IMO, Mold Breaker isn't that great regardless of type. Sure Ground types can hit levitating Pokemon, but aside from that and taking away abilities that prevent Status (including Volt Absorb and Motor Drive), there isn't much it's useful for. They should have just made it negate all abilities so you can't use things like Intimidate and Serene Grace, as well as things like Levitate.

Edit: So those stats aren't for Greengonnarapeyoumon?

Except Bronzong and Rotom are HUGE. And there's no reason that a pure Dragon couldn't evolve into a Ground/Dragon.
1. There are almost only huge pokemon in OU. An ability is there to help you. Mold Breaker does OK, many other things can do better (Guts, Intimidate, No Guard, Technician, ..., inb4 Adaptability Dragon -- all of you now cried a little.)
2. Yeah, for a Ground type, Mold Breaker is the shit. We had that.
3. Our Dragon guy could evolve into Dragon/Dark, too. Look at my list. Where is your Mold Breaker now? lol

Oh sorry, I was replying to the link Nanoswine posted. The stats that were being previously discussed ARE Rankurusu's. Unless of course, Corocoro was trolling us and gave us a picture of stats from a currently unknown poke with the same ability.

I'm loving the new Pokemon, especially the version exclusives(Rankurusu and Gochiruzeru). I've got to say, they're more original than the first 150 and have their own awesome style(from what we've seen so far). No offense to nostalgia maniacs/

Can anyone make out Wargles Hp from the scans? Just wondering I kinda hope hes a "legendary" on the scale of maybe the Birds/Dogs/Regis/Fairys. Or maybe hes something like Heatran or a Lati@s.

Oh sorry, I was replying to the link Nanoswine posted. The stats that were being previously discussed ARE Rankurusu's. Unless of course, Corocoro was trolling us and gave us a picture of stats from a currently unknown poke with the same ability.
Oh well in that case, I'm gonna go cry in the corner. Just watch, Meguroko, Hihidaruma, and Wargle will have terrible stats as well, just to "nerf" their new abilities.

Edit: I doubt Wargle is trio legendary; they would release the entire trio together. It could be something along the lines of Heatran, but I think it will be more along the lines of Heracross.

Can anyone make out Wargles Hp from the scans? Just wondering I kinda hope hes a "legendary" on the scale of maybe the Birds/Dogs/Regis/Fairys. Or maybe hes something like Heatran or a Lati@s.
As far as I can tell, the only scan with Wargle on it is one where it's the enemy pokemon, so we have no idea what its HP is.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wargle is probably just the final evolution of our starting bird. Yes I know they have different abilities, so do Staraptor/Starly.

Is there a convincing argument why Wargle should not just be the third stage of that pigeon?
Along with them looking pretty drastically different, why would GF make an ability called "Pigeon Heart" to give to only part of one Pokemon's line? You'd think something that specific would stick with it through evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)