Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skateboard seems too much like the bike to be any form of new entertainment. I would actually prefer if they didn't add a skateboard. I would like to see some form of transportation which reduces pokemon encounters by a good margin. Especially if it was an aquatic form of transportation. Running into 50 Tentacools to get across the river =/= fun.

If they really feel unoriginal, they could invent a Skarmory plane as an alternative to not using Pokemon for aerial transportation. As for the Porygon, I was hoping for a Porygon-X and Porygon-Y, but that seems to be overdoing the Porygon line, so I think Porygon3 makes the most sense.

I was hoping for a Porygon-X and Porygon-Y, but that seems to be overdoing the Porygon line, so I think Porygon3 makes the most sense.
As I said, they probably won't make a Pory Z evo, but a Pory 2 evo, because Porygon Z is programmed from some illegal software not developed from Silph. That, or a pre-evo.

Porygon ---Up-Grade--- Porygon 2 ---Dubious Disk---Porygon Z

Porygon ---Up-Grade--- Porygon 2 ---Something new---Porygon 3

Porygon.5 --- Porygon --- Up-Grade--- Porygon 2 ---Dubious Disk--- Porygon Z

Either that, a pre-evo to Porygon, or a biological Porygon. I highly believe Porygon will get the evolution above....but at the moment, as someone mentioned.....We can't really tell 100%.

Or we could all be devastated and Porygon gets nothing......

Why does the Porygon line even NEED anything? Porygon-Z was OU and is now BL. Porygon2, though NU, can find a role on some OU teams - it's one of the few NFE's that is not just an inferior version of its evolution. I dunno much about LC so don't know if Porygon itself is worth much there.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Why does the Porygon line even NEED anything? Porygon-Z was OU and is now BL. Porygon2, though NU, can find a role on some OU teams - it's one of the few NFE's that is not just an inferior version of its evolution. I dunno much about LC so don't know if Porygon itself is worth much there.
Well, Dusclops and Rhydon didn't need evolving either. But it kinda "saved" them.

so apparently a weezing evo is in order. Choaking.
I demand proof.

It all started when someone said their will be other Pokemon like Porygon who evolve by 2 items.

The a debate was started that Porygon is a bad example and can only be improved through new software because it's not biological.

Then someone else mentioned that they left it kind of open for new programs to be developed.

Then someone else mentioned how much a defensive Porygon 2 evo was wanted, and we got Porygon Z instead. I personally like the idea of a defensive behemoth with actually usable HP, as opposed to Dusknoir, Shuckle and Bronzong.

And here we are.

I saw everyone talking about "fusions" a few pages back... Was that just a ton of speculation?
Yes. Someone posted an Empoleonand Gallade fusion they got from DeviantArt and said Nintendo should do this or they are stupid. And everyone disagreed that as cool as it would be:
a) The fusions would be waaaaay too powerful.
b) There is no way to stop a rampage. And it's inevitable.
c) It makes no sense.
d) It's better left to Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh.
e) Pokemon would become completely un-origional
f) Battling would be too chaotic

Heres an idea that could boost up all the Eeveelutions (perhaps even poor little Flareon). Its a move that all the Eeveelutions learn at level 55 (plenty of time to evolve Espeon, Umbreon) that changes based on their type and highest attacking stat. It could be 100BP, 90 Acc, and 10 pp, and could be called Evolution Beam or something else less cheesy. For example, if Flareon were to use it, it would be a fire-type physical move. If Espeon were to use it, it would be a psychic-type special move. I would like to hear your opinions please.
Cool idea, but it seems a little redundant. Vaporeon, Glaceon, and Jolteon already have Surf, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt respectively, and I can't see them trading perfect accuracy and more PP for 5 more BP. Umbreon hits just as hard with Payback, and Espeon and Leafeon already have good STAB in Psychic and Leaf Blade. You're right, it would help Flareon. But I'd rather they just give the little guy Flare Blitz...it's his time!

I'd kind of like to see a physical wall on par with Blissey. It would rebalance physical vs special sweepers a bit - specs users really suffer with Blissey around. It would also give stall a boost - bear in mind I'd expect offense to get loads of new and powerful options in Gen 5; if stall gets little or nothing new it could struggle to remain successful, though I'm no fan of it personally.

Or how about a mixed grass/something wall with an ability that doubles all healing it receives. With a learnset including Ingrain, U-turn (to escape Ingrain; Baton Pass would probably be over powered), Leech Seed, and Giga Drain it could be formidable. Pass it Aqua Ring and it's even worse. For balance it would have to be denied Substitute.

Umbreon hits just as hard with Payback, and Espeon and Leafeon already have good STAB in Psychic and Leaf Blade. You're right, it would help Flareon. But I'd rather they just give the little guy Flare Blitz...it's his time!
Umbreon also get's Sucker Punch. In the end...most of them have better options/don't really need it.
Flareon desperately needs Flare Blitz, but he needs a lot more to be OU/UU.

I'd kind of like to see a physical wall on par with Blissey. It would rebalance physical vs special sweepers a bit - specs users really suffer with Blissey around. It would also give stall a boost - bear in mind I'd expect offense to get loads of new and powerful options in Gen 5; if stall gets little or nothing new it could struggle to remain successful, though I'm no fan of it personally.

Or how about a mixed grass/something wall with an ability that doubles all healing it receives. With a learnset including Ingrain, U-turn (to escape Ingrain; Baton Pass would probably be over powered), Leech Seed, and Giga Drain it could be formidable. Pass it Aqua Ring and it's even worse. For balance it would have to be denied Substitute.
And even deprive it of Synthesis. Also, what if there's a sweeper that has an ability that inflicts Heal Block on the opponent when switched in?

It needs it becouse the fans demand a porygon EVO that follows p2 concept of a poke, a defensive beast. Also pory is cool and yeah... there you go it is cool

Whenever you copy Porygon, he is formatted, dropped to level 1, forgets all his moves besides Tackle, looses his EVs + all IVs are set to # between 1 and 10, and Pory 2 and Pory Z are dropped back to Pory. Or he could just self destruct. Whatever floats you boat.
What? Porygon-Z is evolving! Into...

Missingluvdisc.! Like Missingno, except with the power level of the only Pokemon that can win a timed battle by making the foe laugh so hard as to forget to click the button! And OVER 9000 as times as glitchy!

Yeah.

I'd also like alt colors besides shinies.

What? Porygon-Z is evolving! Into...

Missingluvdisc.! Like Missingno, except with the power level of the only Pokemon that can win a timed battle by making the foe laugh so hard as to forget to click the button! And OVER 9000 as times as glitchy!

Yeah.

I'd also like alt colors besides shinies.
A branched evo, identical to Poliwag and Oddish. Porygon 2 can evolve into a defensive Poke or Offensive one. That would make th most sense (as I mentioned about 4 times, Porygon Z is illegal, and not Silph Cos.)

lol. His defensive capabilities are over 9000. Luvdisk needs a better move pool. Like Baton Pass, CM, Recover, something, something....It's not going to get an evo, probably, but with it's OK speed and Swift Swim, he could at least be a decent Baton Passer.

Make them egg moves, maybe.

Skateboard seems too much like the bike to be any form of new entertainment. I would actually prefer if they didn't add a skateboard. I would like to see some form of transportation which reduces pokemon encounters by a good margin. Especially if it was an aquatic form of transportation. Running into 50 Tentacools to get across the river =/= fun.
Max repel says hai :naughty: but yeah I agree a new mode of transportation would be cool. What about a big customizable boat that acts as a Secret Base?

Which brings me to something else...I want the Gen 5 world to have more water routes. I really got sick of those narrow little ponds in DP, especially since GF tried to compensate for their smallness by reducing the surfing speed to a crawl.

Max repel says hai :naughty: but yeah I agree a new mode of transportation would be cool. What about a big customizable boat that acts as a Secret Base?
Whats that?....the Villa from Platinum is on the phone. Although.....It could be more customizable.

Did the encounter rate for Pokemon increase in HG/SS? When I got it, every 3 steps was a battle.

I would like to see the item storage on the computer return as it is a pain to scroll through all your items. What r u suppose to do with some of the stuff lol.

In soviet russia, porygon put BL into you!
I actually LOLed. Yeah, this should be a Pokemon. Its name can be Commygon, and to evolve it you have to get it to full happiness. Which, of course, is impossible, since it's still crushed by the memory of seeing its grandparents dragged off to the gulags.

Whats that?....the Villa from Platinum is on the phone. Although.....It could be more customizable.

Did the encounter rate for Pokemon increase in HG/SS? When I got it, every 3 steps was a battle.
The Villa was cool, but like you said, I didn't feel like it was customizable enough. Plus, I preferred Secret Bases because you could put them wherever you want.

And yeah I think it did. Try walking through the grass instead of running...it works, but not very well :(

Umbreon also get's Sucker Punch. In the end...most of them have better options/don't really need it.
Flareon desperately needs Flare Blitz, but he needs a lot more to be OU/UU.
I know everyone is saying FlareBlitz for Flareon because its the strongest physical Fire move but FlareBlitz's recoil is too dangerous for Flareon. It should stick to a 90 or 95 base power move with 100% accuracy or a 120 base power move with 85% accuracy.

I always thought Blissey should have a physical counterpart. It should be Normal / Ghost with Levitate. Immune to Normal, Fighting, Ghost, and Ground, resits Poison and Bug, only weak to Dark. It's main difference from Blissey, (aside from three extra immunities) would be that Dark, like Fighting sees more use on Physical attackers as opposed to Special based attackers. I don't think it would have anywhere near the stats of Bliss hence the need for the Fighting and Ground immunities.

And yeah I think it did. Try walking through the grass instead of running...it works, but not very well :(
Riding the bike increases the wild encounter rate in HG/SS, but considering I never use the bike (this is the VERY FIRST Pokemon game I have played where the items I register are not the bike. Running seemed fast enough, and I enjoyed walking with Chickorta and Poliwag) running must also effect the encounter rate/they increased it altogether.

But ya. A Russian version of Porygon makes sense, since as I said, Silph Co has a branch their.

I always thought Blissey should have a physical counterpart. It should be Normal / Ghost with Levitate. Immune to Normal, Fighting, Ghost, and Ground, resits Poison and Bug, only weak to Dark. It's main difference from Blissey, (aside from three extra immunities) would be that Dark, like Fighting sees more use on Physical attackers as opposed to Special based attackers. I don't think it would have anywhere near the stats of Bliss hence the need for the Fighting and Ground immunities.
I was thinking a physical Blissey (mono boy species, same but inverted stats, be a pure Ghost, and it would become Blissey's pure opposite, lol) would be a good idea, but maybe not with such an extreme typing/ability. Lol...Physical Blissey makes Skarm hide away in it's mechanical capsule.

Maybe immunity. Or for the pure evil, Poison Heal! Or just to be funny:

Agony (the opposite of Blissey)
Serene Grace/Natural Cure

Base Stats:
255 HP
75 Attack
135 Defense
10 Special Attack
10 Special Defense
55 Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)