Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wait to know what typing these Pokemon are is driving me batty. Why couldn't they just tell us already? Speaking of cover Pokemon, I'll be getting Pokemon White to get the chrome Pokemon.

Also, water is involved in a lot of dimensional theory. Don't ask me how or why. The scifi series 'stargate' is a good example.

I fall in love with the black one more and more every time i see it. It could be my favorite uber ever. Can't wait for type confirmation.

They just need a Poison Pokemon w/ stats through the roof. Poison is better defensively, having only one real weakness (Psychic is less of a weakness considering nothing packs those attacks besides Azelf, although rarely, and Mewtwo for STAB). Weezing would probably be OU if it wasn't for lack of reliable recovery.
But on the other hand, poison doesn't pack any useful resists outside of Fighting. And there are quite a few Psychic Pokemon that will occasionally pack Psychic/Zen Headbutt for STAB.

What I wonder is what battle system changes this generation will bring. Generation II introduced two new types and IVs, III introduced abilities, natures and gave IVs more range, and IV introduced the physical/special split. If memory serves me correctly, in the developmental stages of Ruby and Sapphire GameFreak were toying with the idea of changing the amount of Pokemon a person could have on them at once and the amount of moves a Pokemon could have...

I fall in love with the black one more and more every time i see it. It could be my favorite uber ever. Can't wait for type confirmation.
Agreed. While they're both miles ahead of Penishead Palkia, I can't get past Reshiram's bizarre claw-wings and weird feet. So, Zekrom for me! :pimp:

As far as abilities, I hope it's something other than Pressure, the copout legendary ability. These dudes deserve something unique and awesome, on the level of Drought, Drizzle, or Illusion.

i want to buy black because it sounds cool, but i also want white because of the awesome black digimon(yes, digimon) in the cover.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
But on the other hand, poison doesn't pack any useful resists outside of Fighting. And there are quite a few Psychic Pokemon that will occasionally pack Psychic/Zen Headbutt for STAB.

What I wonder is what battle system changes this generation will bring. Generation II introduced two new types and IVs, III introduced abilities, natures and gave IVs more range, and IV introduced the physical/special split. If memory serves me correctly, in the developmental stages of Ruby and Sapphire GameFreak were toying with the idea of changing the amount of Pokemon a person could have on them at once and the amount of moves a Pokemon could have...
Yeah. They ended up not changing it because they felt it was "good enough", "not necessary" by then.

...I'd not matter if they found out it's necessary this time.

Serebii has posted that they ARE at least part Dragon. This might get rid of all the "Light" type non-sense.
::EDIT:: Darn, Ninja'd -_-"

Yeah. They ended up not changing it because they felt it was "good enough", "not necessary" by then.

...I'd not matter if they found out it's necessary this time.
You mean the number of moveslots/max number of Pokemon on a team? I'd think that would matter/change a lot.

As for the legends, they're both ok. I'd have to see their sprites before making judgements. I wonder what they control/made/etc.. Night/Day?

OH WAIT LOL...
So that black legendary is in the white version and and the white legendary is in the black version?

Opposite colors , wut?

So even though you know they are "at least part dragon", how does that put the light-type to rest? Ever heard of dual typing? And why are people so upset about the possibility of new types? It's almost guaranteed to happen eventually.

I wonder how the "there is no way Light type will ever happen" people would react if it does come. Because they're overly confident that it will not happen at all, it'll be a huge backhand to the face if it does happen. I'll laugh if it does. If it doesn't, I wasn't expecting it to come anyways. It's not what doesn't happen that matters. It's what happens. Just in case they do make the type, let's remember everyone who is so certain that it won't happen so if it does, we can go "you said what?"

ever since gen 2 they were persons saying:Why there is not a light type?, then each time a new gen came out they said:i am sure light type will come out on this one, but it never happened, gamefreak said there would NOT have new types, if a new type come out then the one we should be saying you said what is gamefreak, not the persons that said no light type. if they are the ones that do the game and dont follow what they said to us then what will happen? we cant trust then if that happens.

edit:the fire one is doing one heck of a fart

I find those more like the 2nd stage instead of fully evolved.
I think those are supposed to be second stage rather than end-stage. I think someone before mentioned that the starter line always go something like: happy/cute => delinquent => badass/tough. Those fan-made pokemons (especially pokabu evo) definitely give a mischievious, adolescent look. Tsutaja second stage looks pretty awesome though.

I still don't like how they made the cover legendaries part dragon. Both of them have the mammalian wolf/fox-like snout. I understand that you don't have to look reptilian to be a dragon-type (case-in-point, Flygon, Altaria...), but I'd still rather GF use some other interesting combos.

agreed, the fire/fart one is specially horrible and i dont like the fangs for the grass one, the water one always sucks. has a matter of fact the fire/fart one is farting on the water one face who got no idea of wtf is happening and the grass one is complaning about how he is rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)