Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insta-freeze could be plausible (after all, we do have Spore), but I don't see it getting very good distribution. It could give ice-types a nice boost to make up for their SR weakness.
hopefully it would be like for only a couple of pokemon, cause otherwise it'll be freaking broken (with current mechanics though)

Insta-freeze could be plausible (after all, we do have Spore), but I don't see it getting very good distribution. It could give ice-types a nice boost to make up for their SR weakness.
And Ice needs all the help it can get as a type.... Weird, because Ice might be the single most common offensive type in the game....

I'm saying it's weird, because everyone's running ice attacks, but nobody's using ice pokemon...

i'ts not weird, it makes sense cause ice type sucks defensively but it's like the king of the offensive types

plus, a bunch of the offensive pokemon also use fire attacks

and there's like a little group of ice (usable) pokemon

I'm thinking i wanna try out the ubers metagame...I've never played w shoddy, so maybe i will

It's not weird when you account for the fact that Ice is the worst defensive type in the game and Ice moves are very common on Water Pokemon.
It's not weird when you look at it logically, I'm just saying its food for thought. No matter the reason, everyone uses ice moves, nobody uses ice pokemon.

Then how will it do 25% to Reshiram? :nerd: Also, you forgot to mention that Zoroark dies instantly if he gets hit by crabs, since he is just about the hairiest SOB I have ever seen.

@Lucalibur: Yes, that is indeed the Kirin from Monster Hunter. I knew someone would get it!

@Revolution: That idea of a third Pokemon based on the tajitu is actually very interesting. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe it could be the "master" of Reshiram and Zekrom, in the same way that Rayquaza is able to partially control Kyogre and Groudon. Very cool.

@Prof. Elm: An auto-Freeze move would be extremely over-powered. I know it seems like Freeze is just another version of Sleep, but it's actually much more potent for several reasons. First, while sleeping Pokemon can use Sleep Talk, an extremely common move that most Pokemon learn through TM, the only moves a Pokemon can use when it's frozen are Flame Wheel, Sacred Fire, and Flare Blitz. The first is worthless, the second is exclusive to only one Pokemon, and the third is only narrowly distributed. Secondly, Freeze lasts longer. Sleep cannot be in effect for more than 5 turns, but a frozen Pokemon only has a 10% chance of being healed each turn, meaning it can remain statused indefinitely if you're really unlucky. The only other way you can get out of Freeze is if your opponent has a senior moment and targets you with a damaging Fire move, or if you use one of the three moves listed above. I really don't think an auto-Freeze move will ever see the light of day...but then again, you never know.

Edit: Ninja'd

@DDRMaster: I tend to agree, although I wish that wasn't the case, since I have almost no experience with Doubles. That said, doesn't it seem as if a lot of these new Pokemon and moves are meant for 2 on 2 battling? Munna's Telekinesis is one thing, but then we have Gear with the abilities Plus and Minus, which are completely useless outside of doubles. Shimama has Lightningrod as his ability, and to top it all off there's Hihidaruma, whose "Encourage" ability sounds suspiciously like Helping Hand. Darn it, GameFreak...stop making me try new things! :pirate:
If there was an auto-freeze status move, that would make Ice types AND Fire types more useful. Ice types to use and absorb the move and certain Fire types to semi-absorb the move. It would give boons to very under-represented types (in OU) so competitively, I see it as a good thing, very far from broken; depending on who gets it of course.

If it was only a few UU or under ice types, then that would be fine :D

But if it was super fast stuff like Weavile then that could be a problem :/

If there was an auto-freeze status move, that would make Ice types AND Fire types more useful. Ice types to use and absorb the move and certain Fire types to semi-absorb the move. It would give boons to very under-represented types (in OU) so competitively, I see it as a good thing, very far from broken; depending on who gets it of course.
Ice types and smeargle. That's who.

This may be spam but they have shown several black and white pokemon if you follow the link http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml, it shows then. There is one I found very interesting and that was the horse one with motor drive. I do not wan to hear what you think the other abilities are or will be but mainly i want to know what the players think about a possible miny or super Electivire/Jolteon

Wow, there's new Pokemon! Surprise!
I'm sure this person thought this was new information...but i guess nothings new on smogon... everyone knows these things before everyone....its like hey did you notice this on serebii...and then you go and check serebii right after just being there..and all of a sudden something new is there...just kidding

...We're on page 500...

This is the true power of the Theorymon.

This really IS crazy.

I'm slowly reconsidering the gorilla. He's growing on me like Mijumaru...crud...

That gorilla thing is...ugh...they keep making primate Pokemon...so disgusting...
That thing reminds me of that one thing in Spyro 2 in the level with all the statues that turn into real animals.

I'm starting to like Shimama(the Zebra) which I kind of...ignored before. Reminds me of Girafarig :D

(Steering the conversation away from theorymon...)

I don't know the names. I just know I think the Dream Eater Pokemon pig is kind of cute. It reminds me of a piggy bank. The rest are either eh..., ugly, or ok.

Four horses? Umm...Ponyta, Girafarig, Shimama and ???(not counting Rapidash since it's an evolution)

I think Shimama is going to be my favourite Electric type, I didn't really like the Electric types in general Gen 1-4.

Hmm, I find myself liking quadruped Pokemon more than bipedal Pokemon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)