Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one of those purist types, but this is just getting ridiculous. Really, you know why pokemon is great? Because its simple, because it very very simple, and yet fun.
Now GF has decided to go down the Microsoft path, where fancy equals good.
These new designs are on par with Move and Kinect in terms of hopelessness and just plain down lack of interest.

When was it that we found out the rules for VGC10? It'll be interesting to see whether we'll have to learn a whole new metagame to prove our skill next year...

Wow, some of those are freaky!
A coffin, a multiheaded mole thingy.
An insect that makes scizor look like minun?
They're monstrous a bit scary like Gen I Pokemon, which is kind of cool.

And anyone remember the below quote from Gardenia?
"...I'm in a dilemma now. You see, I don't like ghost Pokémon very much. But, what if... What if there was a Grass-type ghost Pokémon? What then?"
Seems she'll be in a dllemma because that ethereal looking green poof must be grass/ghost.
The coffin must be some kind of ghost as well and we seem to have a Bug/Grass that's using Root Drill.
I'm really liking the selection of typings that have been revealed so far.

Oh it's a mole?
I can see that, then.

It would be easier to tell who is who if they broke down the images with the names.

I'm not one of those purist types, but this is just getting ridiculous. Really, you know why pokemon is great? Because its simple, because it very very simple, and yet fun.
Now GF has decided to go down the Microsoft path, where fancy equals good.
These new designs are on par with Move and Kinect in terms of hopelessness and just plain down lack of interest.

Plus, unlike that piece of furry shit Zoroark, these are relatively simple and neat in their design and coloring scheme.
It's only the three in the red background that look like absolutely ass.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Ok bitches I'm sure I am not the only one so who else thinks the dark Kirlia pokémon is quite familiar? I'm sure I've seen her face somewhere before on the franchise, but where? Any ideas?

Oh it's a mole?
I can see that, then.

It would be easier to tell who is who if they broke down the images with the names.

Serebii has you covered.

Serebii said:
First we have Ononokusu (オノノクス), the mantis like Pokémon
Next is Doryuuzu (ドリュウズ) a mole with a giant claw on its tail
Next is Desukan (デスカーン), the sarcophagus-esque Pokémon with ghostly arms
Then Denchura (デンチュラ )is shown, which appears to be a Tarantula
Finally is Moguryu (モグリュー), the baby mole Pokémon seen in the below screenshot.

On Shooter... maybe you have to shoot the items to your Pokemon now?

What the hell is "Shooter" supposed to mean? Triple battles look kinda meh, they should've stopped with Doubles. These Pokemon just look kinda weird, the designs are starting to go downhill, IMO.

Triple battles sound much better than two. Two were a decent step but ended up being simple combos fest.

Hopefully 3vs3 will be more akin to a traditional RPG.

Plus, unlike that piece of furry shit Zoroark, these are relatively simple and neat in their design and coloring scheme.
I'm familiar with the concept, thank you. Doesn't change the fact that none of these are anywhere near the cleanliness that made Arcanine, Scyther and Articuno.

OR metagross, or tropius, or houndoom, or torterra

I will fight you tooth and nail over maybeProbopassevo

tooth

and

nail

I'm warming up to greenghostduder the more I look at him, though.

I think it's too early to decide what 3v3 will be like, but for myself, it doesn't really make a difference. I rarely double battle, and I'm sure 3v3 will mainly be an occasional in-game thing and the way Nintendo does their VGC stuff.

Singles will always be there. Furthermore, I'm digging the new Pokemon and am very excited to learn more details about them. People have been saying that Nintendo's been out of ideas for years and years, but that shit never rang true for me at all.

Triple battles sound much better than two. Two were a decent step but ended up being simple combos fest.

Hopefully 3vs3 will be more akin to a traditional RPG.
Perhaps we'll see moves that heal your allies, so certain Pokemon can function as white mages? That'd be an interesting idea. Also, rock slide hits all 3 opponents, which pretty much confirms that all moves that hit both in doubles have their radius widened to 3, and obviously surf and EQ will hit everything.

If this is the last generation, they're sure going out with a bang!

Perhaps we'll see moves that heal your allies, so certain Pokemon can function as white mages? That'd be an interesting idea. Also, rock slide hits all 3 opponents, which pretty much confirms that all moves that hit both in doubles have their radius widened to 3, and obviously surf and EQ will hit everything.

If this is the last generation, they're sure going out with a bang!
Oh, I severely doubt that this will be the last generation of Pokemon. As long as it makes money, they'll keep on making more games. Pokemon won't stop for a long, long time.

Also, There is already a mole pokemon, dugtrio
Im sorry, Gamefreak Is juiced out
Flygon and Xatu are both the "mystic" Pokemon but that doesn't mean they look anything alike or have anything in common. This new mole is much more mole like, despite the fact that it isn't underground.

EDIT: Pokemon designs seem to be going downhill, but content and features seem to be improving. Just like anything else, creativity is limited, which is why I'm excited for future Pokemon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)