Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post teh filb.de vid that shows the latest 5 pokemon announced?
Thanks~

to the main point...they look really bad <_<.

Of the ones revealed now, I just don't like immediately the emo girl. I'll need to see the coffin face although its hands look pathetic (and did you notice that when the tarantula was hit its ghostly parts withdraw to the coffin?) and I have no idea on the green goo yet, I'll wait and see.

I like the others.

There are many worse looking Pokemon than the ones revealed. I mean, if you'd run out of ideas after about 500 Pokemon too, wouldn't you?

As for my impressions:

Emo Poke: Looks very weird, prolly a Dark/Psychic.
Spider: Looks like Bug/Electric to me.
Mantis-thing: Obviously it's Bug/Something. Prolly has good stats.
Moles: Ground/Steel typing would be cool. Moar moles.
Slimer: Might be decent, looks like it may be Ghost/Water or Psychic/Water (I say that because of the fluid surrounding it).
Blue/Red Tank-like thing: Prolly a Probopass evo, which would mean it's Rock/Steal?
Sarco-ghost: Definitely Ghost/Rock. Might have potential with a good movepool.

when i first saw exeggutor i though he was horrible and made me have nightmares but now i really love that big tree. i am sure you guys will get used to those pokemons.

i doubt anyone liked emo clown when they first saw him, but now i am the only person who hate him, everyone else kinda like him now.

even if you guys dont like him i am sure there is a pokemon out there that you hated at first but now love.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh my god. I just. Oh my god. I watched the trailer and you know what crossed my mind?

Is this Pokemon?

Seriously. They said we'd say it and now I'm saying it. Is this Pokemon? But it's not the dynamic camera angles, or the 3 on the 3 battles, or all the other stuff. It's the Pokemon themselves. Namely these 3;

And these four;

Is this Pokemon? Is it really?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
On Zoroark's Illusion's quick fade

Has anyone thought of how Zoroark was disguised as Hihidaruma, who is hit by Gear Saucer for neutral rather than NVE? The type mismatch could've caused the illusion to fade.

Yeah, I think the knee-jerk reaction is to hate on new Pokemon.
I think it's that people want them to cure cancer and bring world peace and they never quite live up...lol
Then eventually we get used to them as run-of-the-mill Pokemon like any other and the world continues to turn.
Also, some real world animals still make me uneasy so I guess it's normal never to warm up to some Pokemon.

Edit@Jibaku...that's an interesting possibility. Maybe if a move is used that refutes the illusion's typing it immediately fades.
OTOH, I've never seen Zoroark's illusion survive an attack to maybe it just fades at the first hit after switching in.

Interesting Combo set here, wondering if this would happen but not sure. Say I'm battling in a triple battle with Plusle, Gear, and Minun. Now say gear has minus, Plusle would have plus which increases Sp. Atk x1.5 while battling with a pokemon having minus. Now say Gear had minus, and obviously Minun. Would Plusles Sp. Atk go x 3? If so, this is incredible.

I've seen the dark kirlia girl in super paper mario. She's the one you speak to when going through doors to find something (the part which freezes some glitched PAL games).

There are many worse looking Pokemon than the ones revealed. I mean, if you'd run out of ideas after about 500 Pokemon too, wouldn't you?
I will never get this "Running out of ideas" thing. By virtue of there being so many different kinds of Pokemon, they are not running out of ideas.

Just now we got 8 Pokemon.

A mini-mole with giant claws that turns into a giant purply mole with metallic claws
An insectoid dragon-esque goldenplated beetlehorned ....uh...insect dragon thing.
An awesome looking spider
A haunted coffin
A...whatever the nosepass-esque pokemon is.
An ectoplasm projecting fetus (well, fetus is what I think of)
And, iffy looking or not, tower witch

All of these are unique, and even the ones based on animals that already Pokemon take it in a different way. Like the moles. They wanted more "realistic" or obvious moles then the Diglett line.

On Zoroark's Illusion's quick fade

Has anyone thought of how Zoroark was disguised as Hihidaruma, who is hit by Gear Saucer for neutral rather than NVE? The type mismatch could've caused the illusion to fade.
Might be true. If only SE and neutral attacks made the Illusion break, it could work, but either way, after 1 hit, you'd probably know whether it was Zoroark or not anyway.

Oh nice i just got back and went on serebii and i see 3vs 3 battles and new Pokemon wow.
The rock thing looks like a probopas evo.

The main problem with the bottom right Pokemon being a spider; it has four legs. Spiders have eight legs. Then again, Ariados looks very spider-like and only has six legs.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The Tarantula-like pokémon is called Denchura. Denki means electricity, and "taranchura" is tarantula in Japanese.

So, maybe, well, you know.

The lime colored, red razor bladed badass is so the pseudo-legend of the generation, It's way too detailed and monstrous-looking not to be.

Small detail I noticed, but on the new double battle pics you can see the exact HP of your pokemon, not just the health bar.

Interesting Combo set here, wondering if this would happen but not sure. Say I'm battling in a triple battle with Plusle, Gear, and Minun. Now say gear has minus, Plusle would have plus which increases Sp. Atk x1.5 while battling with a pokemon having minus. Now say Gear had minus, and obviously Minun. Would Plusles Sp. Atk go x 3? If so, this is incredible.
Incredible, and incredible earthquake-bait. The only possibly savior would be if EQ's base power is further slashed, thanks to being spread over three Pokemon.

I'm hoping that's our Bug/Dragon legendary.
Bug/Dragon is awesome typing, imo. It basically gets two awesome STABs for Ubers, because it can hit all the Psychic-types + Darkrai via X-Scizor (misspelled on purpose) or some other strong Bug-type move, and it gets amazing coverage on the bunch of Dragons in Ubers, like Rayray and Palkia and those people.

Hopefully it's defensive with a lot of SpA, or just fast and frail. Because it either needs to outspeed the metagame to hit them hard, or survive the metagame's attacks to counter.

Thanks for the link.

Hmm... Look at around the 23 second mark. Zoroark only took a small hit (instead of being OHKO'd, which is what happened last time), yet the illusion still broke. So, I suppose that's confirmation that Zoroark just needs to be hit for its Illusion to fade.
Wow, that just sucks. Essentially it's an almost useless ability. Then again, some Pokemon are still good without any sort of ability.

Look at Infernape. It's good even without Blaze, and the ability is rarely activated anyways so it doesn't matter. Or look at Dragonite. While it doesn't have Intimidate like Salamence, it is still a decent OU Pokemon. And it's ability only comes into effect when versing Togekiss or Jirachi, so it isn't completely useful.

If Zoroark has the stats to back up its typing, I don't think Illusion should affect its placement as OU. It doesn't really hinder Zoroark at all, it's just pretty much useless.

Serebii has you covered.

On Shooter... maybe you have to shoot the items to your Pokemon now?
I doubt Shooter would mean Items, because they've kept it "Items" for the past four gens, and I really don't want to see a change. Maybe you can access items by pressing Select or R or one of those unused battle buttons?

But it would be funny shooting a Potion to your Pokemon. Imagine if it hits them in the head and KOs them. Such irony.

Incredible, and incredible earthquake-bait. The only possibly savior would be if EQ's base power is further slashed, thanks to being spread over three Pokemon.
It probably will, imo. Multi-target moves were slashed from 100% to 75%, so it seems viable that they'll be slashed again to what I speculate to be 66%.

can't say I ever expected a spider to finally be the electric/bug
Electric and Fire types seem to be having their generation with the main legends being Fire and Electric Dragons.
We have already seen three Electric and three Fire Pokemon and not a single Water except Mijumaru.
I'm certain we'll get more Waters but maybe they're making an effort to diversify the selection of some of the less common types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)