1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Database Errors (Past Generations)

Discussion in 'Past Generation Contributions' started by chaos, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Fizz

Fizz

Blaziken doesn't have ThunderPunch under its "moves" tab, yet Serebii lists ThunderPunch as a Platinum/HGSS tutor move. This problem may be more widespread; I haven't investigated.
  2. mudkipmaster

mudkipmaster

The database doesn't say Suicune gets Air Slash yet, I believe it's an event move. Am I right?
  3. IncantareFox

IncantareFox

Someone on GameFAQs just said that " Ninetales (which really sucks; I would've liked to have a Droughttales that had Magic Coat), Golduck, Primeape, Machamp, Gengar, Tyrogue, Blaziken, and many more" can no longer get Magic Coat. It seems s/he is basing this off of Serebii's Pokedex, which is apparently incorrect (Bulbapedia and Veekun do not list these Pokemon as learning it).
    I just grabbed a Blaziken and took it to the HG/SS tutors and no one offered to teach her Magic Coat. It would seem that Smogon also has several Pokemon incorrectly listed as learning this in Gen 4.
  4. Focus

Focus Nerd is the word.
    is a Tiering Contributor

(copied from the objective changes thread because apparently I can't search for the correct thread to post in)

The gen 1 description of Rock Throw says its accuracy is 90%, but its accuracy should be 65% according to every reliable source I could find. I've personally confirmed an accuracy of ~70% with my copy of Yellow version.

Low Kick should simply have 50 BP, 90% acc, and a 30% flinch rate in gen 1, and 50 BP, 100% acc, and a 30% flinch rate in gen 2. The damage calculation being based on the opponent's weight was only a thing from gen 3 onwards.
  5. Focus

Focus Nerd is the word.
    is a Tiering Contributor

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  6. sparktrain

sparktrain

7. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Tried searching on both github and scms and had no clue why. It also happened for GSC and ADV gens if you look at their analyses page. Joim perhaps you know why? :o not very important though haha.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)