Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

Worth noting, from the Maintenance Notice on the home app, is that the maintenance is expected to last for 6 hours and that to reduce server strain, they will be staggering log in times.

They also project that the update may take until Thursday May 19 at 01:00 UTC at the latest, if it does go over the expected time.

Whenever it is up, I got a couple things I would like someone kind enough to test, to test.

1) Do mons brought directly from Bank then dropped into BD/SP keep the move set or do they also get the reset? (Pretty sure I know how this going to turn out..but SW/SH keeps them atm so hoping and dreaming....)

2) Does the legend transfer limit only apply to mons captured in BD/Sp like can I send in a I don't know lets say Heatran, and still bring that one and the one you capture in game out? (Once again..not much hope on this but yeah...)

I guess within 6 hours we should expect a Home 2.0.0 Datamine Thread?
And what exactly do you expect to datamine from Home that's not already in the current games? SV is still far and if they go anywhere like for gen 8, we won't see anything remotedly related to gen 9 in Home for another year at very least.

I guess within 6 hours we should expect a Home 2.0.0 Datamine Thread?
Anything relevant to the games would likely be in either this thread or the BDSP thread or, if they do mess up and include stuff from SV, the SV thread.

And what exactly do you expect to datamine from Home that's not already in the current games? SV is still far and if they go anywhere like for gen 8, we won't see anything remotedly related to gen 9 in Home for another year at very least.
Well, there was that time the update had remnants of IOA moves in it before the IOA came out, I guess. But that was on a shorter time scale; even if Home came with SV at launch that'd still be another 6 months.

I suppose the most relevant "hey that's interesting" would be if the LA-exclusive moves have different properties. We know some of them do have secondary effects (/descriptions) that are sort of, i guess, "hidden". But I think it'll be more likely they'll just display as they do in LA for convenience.

Oh actually I'm curious if Home will start displaying multiple games worth of move information. Let's Go had some stuff work differently but it was understandable not to account for it; it was old news. But LA stuff is equally as relevant as SWSH, but a bunch of things work differently and there's different learn sets. Maybe there'll be a little toggle where appropriate, that'd be neat.

Movesets for all the BDSP and PLA mons. TM/TRs

Movesets for all the BDSP and PLA mons. TM/TRs
I'm not really following you.
Even if they by any chance slipped on Home, the fact that when the IoA "movesets" were datamined proved to be wrong and just leftovers should give you enough of a reason to not care.
BDSP and LA are also confirmed to be their own movesets so there's no interactions to the pokemon not present in these games in first place: they are exactly as you see them in game files.

I'm not really following you.
Even if they by any chance slipped on Home, the fact that when the IoA "movesets" were datamined proved to be wrong and just leftovers should give you enough of a reason to not care.
BDSP and LA are also confirmed to be their own movesets so there's no interactions to the pokemon not present in these games in first place: they are exactly as you see them in game files.
I mean we had TM/TR data for Pokémon that weren't in SwSh as well, so it'll most likely be the case again for this update

I don't know if this has been brought up because we have been so busy about move mechanics, but it has been noted that only one of special Pokemon can be transfered from BDSP into Home. Special meaning Legendary and Mythical Pokemon. This sucks, because it means clones of Legendary Pokémon will no longer be allowed. I guess they decided did not want any cloned Legendary ( Yes cloning is hacking ) being distrubuted anymore, which makes it harder for us to obtain multiple viable sets for Legendaries like Thundurus and Palkia. If this the new norm, I'm hoping that multiple Legendaries can be obtained from one save file going onward.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
I mean we had TM/TR data for Pokémon that weren't in SwSh as well, so it'll most likely be the case again for this update
Yeah, but the new mons arent comming to swsh, so even if they have tm/tr data is going to be pure placeholder unless SV turns out to have the same TM/TRs.

Yeah, but the new mons arent comming to swsh, so even if they have tm/tr data is going to be pure placeholder unless SV turns out to have the same TM/TRs.
Considering Home in itself uses the TM/TR system, this will most likely retain going forward. And it doesn't matter if they're not coming to SwSh. Feraligatr never came to SwSh and it got new moves like Breaking Swipe and Psychic Fangs

So there's the following restrictions on transfers:

Spinda I think is because of a glitch in BDSP, I saw one of the usual dataminers talk about it a while ago, basically the spinda spot generator was overwriting or some issue.
Nincada from BDSP is, likewise, because of a glitch. I believe the anti-cloning stuff they implemented either didnt work on Shedinja or messed up in some other way?
I guess this is their solution rather than put out another update to BDSP, I prseume that contract is just up at this point lol

The G-Max mark Pikachu/Eevee not being able to go to Legends Arceus is strange, though. I wonder if there's something weird internally with how it treats Pikachu/Eevee compared to BDSP. Maybe the evolution prevention bit messes things up?

Turns out the answer is that you can't transfer them to BDSP either

Oh Meowth cant either, so yeah it has to do with the evolution thing. Interesting! Maybe they dont do this to prevent putting the G-Max factor on a Pokemon, and then taking them to BDSP/LA and evolving them. It'd be burning your free gifts or a bunch of mushroom grinding.

But isnt Home also made by ILCA? Or did I dream that?
They are but I imagine the team handling the dinky storage app was not the same as the team that handled the actual game, that i believe from its credits had a large number of contractors.

ILCA as a company is generally one that's brought in as extra help for developing games; which is why their heading BDSP was such a big surprise (I mean, next to it not being Game Freak as always). So this does track

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, one way or another, datamine is already underway. At very least we finally have HOME renders for the new mons I guess. (Not that that was unexpected or anything, but it's nice to have them at last)

Never noticed cos apart from that Ponyta I haven’t grabbed many shinies. But damn, some of those Arceus shinies look amazing. Especially the Zorua line, Braviary and Basculeigon.

if anyone was curious, the new Legends Arceus pokemon & forms just doesn't display Ability information and all the moves just display their LA descriptions. All the moves that tweaked in LA just display their standard descriptions.

Understandable. Thank you for confirming we glean no exciting news for Gen 9 from this update. The drought continues...

I do hope these HOME-BDSP hiccoughs are the limit of Gen 8's technical debt.

Have we established how HOME processes alpha Pokémon from PLA yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)