1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Programming Pokemon Online replay player

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by Zarel, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Refer to the FAQ:

Q: Pain Split, Wish, Life Orb, Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, Shell Bell, recoil, or draining damage/healing is being calculated incorrectly, and/or, Regenerator and Natural Cure healing aren't working!

A: You're using a replay from an old a buggy version of Pokemon Online, which doesn't contain this information. The replayer tries to guess the best it can, but it can sometimes be off by a bit. Please update to the latest version of Pokemon Online. complain to Pokemon Online about why they haven't fixed it yet.

In particular, if Life Orb isn't showing up or Stealth Rock is being calculated incorrectly, you're using a very, very old version of Pokemon Online and should really upgrade.
  2. alkinesthetase

alkinesthetase <@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

ahh okay, that explains why I'd never seen this glitch in past replays. thanks!

One other question: have there ever actually been v3.0 logs uploaded? In theory, they should exist right? but I have yet to see one among my own replays, and it doesn't sound like you've seen any either >_>
  3. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Not that I know of.

I can't really check every single one to be sure, unfortunately. That's one thing the move to a database should help make easier.
  4. CALLOUS

CALLOUS

Down AGAIN... =/
  5. someonewhodied

someonewhodied

its down again.
  6. windwolf777

windwolf777

I was wondering if you could update it where it takes like, war logs and not just loaded battles. Like hackmon battles from showdown...
  7. tml

tml

I posted in the "Ask a simple question" thread and I was directed here. My question is this;Now that Smogon is moving to Pokemon Showdown, I wanted to know if the PO Replay Viewer will be updated with the new Therian forms?
  8. Bryce

Bryce Lun

The replay isnt working.I clicked every button and it appears so too but the nothing seems to work.
  9. HastetheDavid444

HastetheDavid444

Yea it's saving all my battles in pokefor files or whatever it is instead of to the browser I'm using.
  10. Foretvert

Foretvert

In addition to what ThatsMyLatios said, when will there be sprites for Keldeo-R (also assuming other new forme changes such as Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W are not in the viewer yet)? It's sort of amusing to see my Latios Psyshock a box with an X in the corner.
  11. viashinomage

viashinomage

to clarify this, it also has the same results with older logs (i put my oldest through and have even tried watching featured logs.) i would really love to see this continue dispite the move to showdown, (for youtube purposes of course :P )
  12. tml

tml

I upload a log and it says it has to be an English Pokemon Online replay file. To the best of my knowledge it is, and I uploaded a battle I had not 5 mins before and it worked fine. Need some help!
  13. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

The replay player is currently down; I'll bring it back up ASAP.
  14. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere Congregation of the Classiest
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

By any chance Zarel, do you have a time estimate to when the replay will be back online?

Edit: Instead of dodging this thread, why don't you just answer it and give people a definite idea of what's up? Not trying to be rude, but it's frustrating that this has gone unanswered for this long...
  15. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Bring this shit back up bro, I miss watching battles of me swanna'ing people. kthnx
  16. Kyrk

Kyrk

Joining the bandwagon of impatient players, I see that the domain for the PO replayer site is completely gone now. Are you moving the domain for the site, or are you just focusing on Pokemon Showdown and their replay viewer?

If you are still working on it, I wish you the best of luck of working on the site so other players will stop sending you mean PMs.
  17. Halley

Halley

No news about it ?
  18. Santuga

Santuga

Is this going back up again?
  19. Porygon2

Porygon2

I think it's clear that more than enough people want the replayer to be back up, and even if you're not interested in doing that, maybe someone else is? I'm sure someone else could take over the replayer project, if necessary. It would be great if you could just let us know at least something instead of making us wait not knowing what to expect.
  20. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

I'm sorry, I've been falling behind on homework and I haven't had much time to work on anything. I've done the bare minimum to keep PS afloat. I still do have replay player backups, and aesoft.org is still under my control and I've just recently secured a server for it. You should see the replay player whenever I have more free time. Sorry.
  21. Porygon2

Porygon2

Not a problem, school is always a priority. Thanks for taking the time to inform us! :]
  22. Kyrk

Kyrk

Thanks for the update Zarel, that's understandable. Good luck with your studies.
  23. DAVIDpwns

DAVIDpwns

aeosoft needs to be back
  24. skyhonor

skyhonor

Then I guess it's gone forever... Seriously that replayer is still the best for PO. Just saying.
  25. Edgar

Edgar Lordsquads,,
    is a Pre-Contributoris a SPL Winner

can I suggest it to put it back up on winter break if you have time please? :]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)