Programming Pokemon Online replay player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
i came across one error.
link to battle is:http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Aro...-CocoGlasses-1

in this battle,when machamp hits arron with dynamic punch and looses hp to hang on with sturdy.it Endeavor machamp.then log shows it recovered hp due to shell bell,but hp bar of aron remains at 1 hp only.this happens again when aron Endeavor dragonites and recovers hp due to shell bell.i think bug is with shell bell.
Refer to the FAQ:

Q: Pain Split, Wish, Life Orb, Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, Shell Bell, recoil, or draining damage/healing is being calculated incorrectly, and/or, Regenerator and Natural Cure healing aren't working!

A: You're using a replay from an old a buggy version of Pokemon Online, which doesn't contain this information. The replayer tries to guess the best it can, but it can sometimes be off by a bit. Please update to the latest version of Pokemon Online. complain to Pokemon Online about why they haven't fixed it yet.

In particular, if Life Orb isn't showing up or Stealth Rock is being calculated incorrectly, you're using a very, very old version of Pokemon Online and should really upgrade.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
aesoft said:
Today, while fixing some other bugs, I decided to stop ignoring HP values for log versions 1.0 and 3.0, but a typo accidentally made it stop ignoring HP values for 2.0 as well (that's why you only started seeing this problem today). I've fixed it, so it's all good.
ahh okay, that explains why I'd never seen this glitch in past replays. thanks!

One other question: have there ever actually been v3.0 logs uploaded? In theory, they should exist right? but I have yet to see one among my own replays, and it doesn't sound like you've seen any either >_>

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
ahh okay, that explains why I'd never seen this glitch in past replays. thanks!

One other question: have there ever actually been v3.0 logs uploaded? In theory, they should exist right? but I have yet to see one among my own replays, and it doesn't sound like you've seen any either >_>
Not that I know of.

I can't really check every single one to be sure, unfortunately. That's one thing the move to a database should help make easier.

I was wondering if you could update it where it takes like, war logs and not just loaded battles. Like hackmon battles from showdown...

I posted in the "Ask a simple question" thread and I was directed here. My question is this;Now that Smogon is moving to Pokemon Showdown, I wanted to know if the PO Replay Viewer will be updated with the new Therian forms?

In addition to what ThatsMyLatios said, when will there be sprites for Keldeo-R (also assuming other new forme changes such as Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W are not in the viewer yet)? It's sort of amusing to see my Latios Psyshock a box with an X in the corner.

The replay isnt working.I clicked every button and it appears so too but the nothing seems to work.
to clarify this, it also has the same results with older logs (i put my oldest through and have even tried watching featured logs.) i would really love to see this continue dispite the move to showdown, (for youtube purposes of course :P )

I upload a log and it says it has to be an English Pokemon Online replay file. To the best of my knowledge it is, and I uploaded a battle I had not 5 mins before and it worked fine. Need some help!

By any chance Zarel, do you have a time estimate to when the replay will be back online?

Edit: Instead of dodging this thread, why don't you just answer it and give people a definite idea of what's up? Not trying to be rude, but it's frustrating that this has gone unanswered for this long...

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Bring this shit back up bro, I miss watching battles of me swanna'ing people. kthnx

Joining the bandwagon of impatient players, I see that the domain for the PO replayer site is completely gone now. Are you moving the domain for the site, or are you just focusing on Pokemon Showdown and their replay viewer?

If you are still working on it, I wish you the best of luck of working on the site so other players will stop sending you mean PMs.

I think it's clear that more than enough people want the replayer to be back up, and even if you're not interested in doing that, maybe someone else is? I'm sure someone else could take over the replayer project, if necessary. It would be great if you could just let us know at least something instead of making us wait not knowing what to expect.

Reactions: pqs

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I'm sorry, I've been falling behind on homework and I haven't had much time to work on anything. I've done the bare minimum to keep PS afloat. I still do have replay player backups, and aesoft.org is still under my control and I've just recently secured a server for it. You should see the replay player whenever I have more free time. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)