1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 1 Pokemon Showdown has a Gen 1 playable now!

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Joim, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

There can't be a general time bracket as we program PS on our (scarce) free time. The idea is "soon".
  2. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Really loving this ladder. Props to Joim for putting in so much time to make this work for us.
  3. Joim

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Trying to get it as good as possible :>
    I'd like to add that the Wrap 0 pp bug needs a heavy core program change to be fixed, a core change that affects all battles, so it can't be done lightly and I'd prefer if a head programmer did that change.
  4. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

We have never had a sim with fully correct wrap anyway..
  5. Joim

Well, guys, if you think 0 pp continued Wrap makes you use Struggle is not a big deal in order to have correct Wrap mechanics, I can unban it :p
  6. Dre89

Dre89

Are you saying that once you run out of PP, you'll use struggle instead of having your wrap PP roll over to 64?
  7. JamesSonofBaboonzo

JamesSonofBaboonzo

Are the ladder mechanics meant to be based on RBY or on Stadium? (I ask because there are some glitches that existed in RBY that were fixed in Stadium, such as Focus Energy not raising the users critical hit rate, for example.)
  8. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

If this is what you're talking about, Joim, I'd much rather see Wrap unbanned, since that's such a minute error that makes little difference in actual battles. On the flip side, banning Wrap would have quite a big influence in the metagame.
  9. AJC

AJC

PS is using cart mechanics not stadium 1 mechanics.
  10. JamesSonofBaboonzo

JamesSonofBaboonzo

Darn. Is there any reason why we are using the more bugged mechanics, instead of the patched set of mechanics?
  11. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

Hyperbeam not recharging if you KO, is there any more reason :P

Seriously though, its the metagame for the actual main sequence games.
  12. JamesSonofBaboonzo

JamesSonofBaboonzo

Good enough reasons for me. I'll shut up and go away now.
  13. Dre89

Dre89

This scenario happens more times than you might think, and can be a pretty big deal. At the same time though, it doesn't alter the metagame at all.

At the same time though, PO had wrap legal with buggy mechanics until recently, which were actually metagame-altering (the ghost-wrapping bug being the biggest one). Not sure if you guys like using PO as a bar-setter though.
  14. Joim

Yes.

The ladder is pure RBY, no Stadium mechanics, no tradebacks.

Well that error can make a user lose a game due to Struggle, that's why I banned it in the first place since I deemed that important for ladder.

Smogon has always played RBY, Stadium is a sub gen and will be implemented in due course.

Wrap/Bind working correctly on Ghosts is one of the first things I did :P

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)