Other Pokemon: Smogon Version OU [Route 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to suggest any items.

Btw, I really like tangela and am personally fine with it being here, but I just wanted to point out that this thing does have 100 base spA (same as Starmie) and a medium fast growth rate-- it's stronger and grows up faster than the starters and small birds. Not to mention 115 def, and coming with Sleep Powder, ingrain and regenerator. Wooaaah. Sure it has to make to with Absorb (which it only gets at level 10) but still plenty strong (and unkillable), and will get Mega Drain early enough.

I guess Tangela wrecking or not really depends on when TMs like Sludge Bomb and Shock Wave are made available. In the 30's, Giga Drain + Ancient Power looks pretty impressive
IKR? Love that Tangrowth I do and Tangela is nice strong early defensive back bone....to bad its just one typing.

Sorry, Busy and lazy. I have Redarulse almost finished (omg it takes so long for some reaosn T_T), but I assume the not-forest part of route 2 is quite short so that won't take as long.

But I'm mostly lazy and the Minecraft Build Team I'm part of has been revived

Edit: Turbo mode on

Also I should probably participate to the discussion

I dislike that Ferrothorn is available at this point in the game already, since a player can only hit it if it has choosen Charmander or if there is some Fighting Type available, but imo the fact that we need Fighting Type to justify the introduction of Ferrothorn is something that makes me dislike Ferro this early. Besides that, as Mew King said, they usually live in caves and such (Refer to my habitat list o3o).

Also we need to be introducing some Non-Flying/Grass/Water/Bug types since thats all the player can get right now.

Pokemons aside, Chou Toshio , how many Items should be located in the Forest, and if so, which ones (I think some free Pokeballs would be useful)

I already know my post-forest nomination :]
I had thought one of the earlier posters had suggested moving it to the caves and making it act like the regions Zubat. so it being in the forest isn't a big deal. And its fine bud, just asking to see how its going (and lord, Minecraft build teams, -_- those are hell sometimes).

Well, it's been awhile since we proposed anything, so NPC proposal time!

NPC Proposal

Old Man at beginning of the forest

First time you talk to him: "It's dangerous ahead, take this!"

*receive antidote*

Talk to him afterwords: "There's a lot of wild pokemon here with poison moves, and I've even seen a trainer or two using toxic! You'll need to keep your pokemon healthy to get through here I tell ya!"

Reasoning: blah blah blah forced meme blah blah blah lots of random stuff with poison moves blah blah blah probably should've went with pecha or lum berry instead yadda yadda yadda.

Forests are typically named after the town the connect to (except for Pinwheel I guess). So maybe, we could wait ubtil the next town and name it after that. Just a suggestion. Out of thenames proposed so far, I like Sutats and Tiemsix

Forests are typically named after the town the connect to (except for Pinwheel I guess). So maybe, we could wait ubtil the next town and name it after that. Just a suggestion. Out of thenames proposed so far, I like Sutats and Tiemsix
Idk Viridian Forest was named after the town before it, but I do see your point. Its just a topic of discussion after all so what ever they all think is what we do as always. :D

Has there been a rival battle yet? If not, I think this would be a good place to put the first one, either at the end of the forest or the beginning of the next city. Maybe with the beginnings of a FWG core?

Last edited:
Since nobody wanted to stop me, I've created some preliminary designs for our main characters!

Their names are Olivia (female) and Ulrich (male) by default. And if you can't figure out the naming scheme, go play the OU ladder until you do.

For reference, I used a fusion of my own style combined with Ken Sugimori's to make the characters. Hence the hats. Srsly what is with Satoshi Tajiri and hats!?.

If preferred, I can go completely my style or Ken's, this is a non issue. Also, I made them look ~14-15 ish years old since a ten year old going out on an adventure is just ridiculous. So sue me.

As you may have gathered, this is version 1 and as such I'm just getting a feel for what we want our main characters to look like (hence the plain(ish) poses and no colors). I'll be more serious when we have a solid idea. So on that note, any criticisms, suggestions and praises are welcome to contribute to V2.

Quick edit:
Only thing I can say is the girl looks so plain compared to the guy (course I cant judge art worth a damn anyway). Only thing I would like is for you to add a Koffing on their bags or something cause product placement or advertising out the whazoo. :D
Forgot to mention this, but yeah, the girl needs more help than the boy for this reason. That, and I somehow forgot the high tech gauntlet on her arms... Oops...Any suggestions are welcome. Also I will put all of the koffings in V2.

Edit2:
Put the first letter of thier names and they spell OU, as in, the OU tier of which we based this game off of.

Last edited:
Since nobody wanted to stop me, I've created some preliminary designs for our main characters!

Their names are Olivia (female) and Ulrich (male) by default. And if you can't figure out the naming scheme, go play the OU ladder until you do.

For reference, I used a fusion of my own style combined with Ken Sugimori's to make the characters. Hence the hats. Srsly what is with Satoshi Tajiri and hats!?.

If preferred, I can go completely my style or Ken's, this is a non issue. Also, I made them look ~14-15 ish years old since a ten year old going out on an adventure is just ridiculous. So sue me.

As you may have gathered, this is version 1 and as such I'm just getting a feel for what we want our main characters to look like (hence the plain(ish) poses and no colors). I'll be more serious when we have a solid idea. So on that note, any criticisms, suggestions and praises are welcome to contribute to V2. Unless I get replaced by Bummer, which will probably happen now that I think about it...

....................I'm embarrassed to say it took me three times to read that paragraph to figure out what the naming scheme was xD

Only thing I can say is the girl looks so plain compared to the guy (course I cant judge art worth a damn anyway). Only thing I would like is for you to add a Koffing on their bags or something cause product placement or advertising out the whazoo. :D

As you may have gathered, this is version 1 and as such I'm just getting a feel for what we want our main characters to look like (hence the plain(ish) poses and no colors). I'll be more serious when we have a solid idea. So on that note, any criticisms, suggestions and praises are welcome to contribute to V2.
I get the naming scheme ^^
Also, Ulrich looks like Link to me. Don't ask me why XD
oh, and Oliva is a great design too XD
Not really much more to say lol

Quick edit:

Forgot to mention this, but yeah, the girl needs more help than the boy for this reason. That, and I somehow forgot the high tech gauntlet on her arms... Oops...Any suggestions are welcome. Also I will put all of the koffings in V2.
They look really cool, and similar to the real game designs. I only think the guys name should be Oliver and the girls something like Ursa, to maintain the clever OU thing because you drew the guy first.

Also, this is a Japanese game, so to follow tradition I think you need to give the girl a little more cleavage. :]

Howdy everybody, its time for this discussions wrap up post!

Hailing from the shortness of Route 2, we find our selves in Tiemsix Woods, a humble little abode that house all kinds of nasty status and mons that have made a name for themselves in some areas of the ou metagame. The list of the forest's mons is here:

Forest Grass:
-Venipede (common)
-Whirlipede (rare)
-Shroomish (common)
-Larvesta (super rare)
-Venonat (uncommon)
-Foongus (rare)
-Tangela (uncommon)

The amount of trainers on this route is apparently large with the minimum proposed being six at the least to help the leveling curve of the area all the more. Yet the very first person you meet is just an Old Man who gives you an antidote right before you meet Rich Boy Antoni, who comes at you with his team of grass types and mentioning how he will stop you in your tracks with his status only before being feasted on insects upon defeat.

You progress a little further and see one trainer just sitting in a patch of grass not wanting to battle. He talks of how he had been beaten by something he didnt even think was good all because he didnt carry a status condition before going into silence. You continue a bit more and get attacked by a bandana wearing menace with his mighty moody bidoorf. After defeating him, he goes and runs off only for that trainer from earlier to mention how odd it is for someone to be using a bidoof in this region when its just not viable.

After walking a little more you find a little clearing in the forest with a whole shit ton of berries and a lady making berry angels (snow angels, but with berries!) in the middle of it. After getting caught, she pesters you into accepting her gracious gifts and comments that you can probably find the berries needed or go back to that freak on Route 1 for the berries. She then goes and leaves you and there being a Pokeball at the edge of the clearing.

You advance past the clearing and fight a Youngster Jack who gives helpful advice upon being defeated as you make your way further through the forest before running into yet another Youngster, this time Ralph and as he stands besides (apparently unaware) of an item housing a paralyz heal.

Once defeated you continue on to a Bug trainer who seems to not know what exactly is going on and after defeating Bug Trainer Bill he runs off further in the forest. You follow him to see he ran to a Bug Trainer in a golden hat, who proclaims himself as Bug KING Johnny. He challenges for messing with his subjects and upon his defeat he proclaims that you are worthy of advancing through his kingdom. He says he would like to fight you again once you have mastered your own team (IE bout Victory Road time or so). You move past him to exit the Tiemsix Woods for the first time.

Now on the unrelated note of discussion (which was sparse compared to past routes), we have a preliminary of our Protagonists' designs curtsey of Cataclyptic which can be found here (as trying to describe it will just be horrendous: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-28#post-5673458

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-26#post-5655995 First trainer you battle

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-27#post-5657898 Details over Luck Sack Grunt http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-26#post-5656502

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-22#post-5626878 Bottomless Berry Bag and First Leader Intro!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-27#post-5657987 Youngster Jack!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-27#post-5661375 Youngster Ralph! http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-27#post-5663753 Ferroseed is also axed from the team due to being too much btw

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-28#post-5668021 Old Man with Zelda reference!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-26#post-5654618 Post with most of the accepted Mons from Chou

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-26#post-5654671 Foongus among us!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-26#post-5654727 Venonat for all!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-26#post-5654868 Larvesta!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-26#post-5655027 Tangela!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-route-2-forest.3510993/page-28#post-5673458 Protagonists! :D

Last edited:
By all the ones suggested so far or which ones are you referring to then bud? You can have a wack at it if you wish, id just like to know the extent of how many you are asking to do.
I don't really know how much , but I can try a one or two before continueing

Besides I already redesigned a Fairy Tale Girl for this

Howdy everybody, its time for this discussions wrap up post!

Hailing from the shortness of Route 2, we find our selves in Tiemsix Woods, a humble little abode that house all kinds of nasty status and mons that have made a name for themselves in some areas of the ou metagame. The list of the forest's mons is here:

Forest Grass:
-Venipede (common)
-Whirlipede (uncommon)
-Shroomish (common)
-Larvesta (super rare)
-Venonat (uncommon)
-Foongus (rare)
-Tangela (rare)
hide]
Ef yes. Can't wait for town 3!

Time for a new NPC, the Fairy Tale Girl!

(Too big I know) The Fairy users are a kind type of trainers, that is they he'll you if you're losing. They can also be pretty creepy , but otherwise cute and cuddly.

I drew this in my own style, and yes she is just a kid. Well, what do ya think?

Time for a new NPC, the Fairy Tale Girl!

(Too big I know) The Fairy users are a kind type of trainers, that is they he'll you if you're losing. They can also be pretty creepy , but otherwise cute and cuddly.

I drew this in my own style, and yes she is just a kid. Well, what do ya think?

Oh you mean just adding new people in for their drawings. Well, when ya make the pictures, try submitting them alongside a NPC proposal (via trainer or not) so its not just sorta there? (like she wouldn't be anywhere in the game atm at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)