Ability: Levitate
Level: 20
EVs: 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Venoshock
- Night Shade
- Hypnosis
- Curse

Before battle: Pokemon is all about strategy, if you don't have a strategy you can't win!
After losing: It looks you have a solid strategy!
After winning: Looks like you need to work on your strategy some more.
When talked to again: You seem to be a good trainer, you might even make it through [insert mountain name here].

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Trainer proposal:

Psychic steve

Abra
Ability: Magic Guard
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Bulbasaur
Ability: Overgrow
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Grass Knot
- Venoshock

Flaaffy
Ability: Static
Modest Nature
- Thunder Shock
- Thunder Wave
- Charge Beam

Magnemite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunder Shock
- Thunder Wave
- Sonic Boom

Prinplup
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Bubble Beam
- Icy Wind
- Defog

Gastly
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Venoshock
- Night Shade
- Hypnosis
- Curse

Before battle: Pokemon is all about strategy, if you don't have a strategy you can't win!
After losing: It looks you have a solid strategy!
After winning: Looks like you need to work on your strategy some more.
When talked to again: You seem to be a good trainer, you might even make it through [insert mountain name here].
no 252Evs in any stat atm

NPC Proposal
Defensive Guru Paul

Pre-Battle Quote: Well you beat one now time for the next one!

Rhyhorn lvl 23
- Rock Blast
- Stomp
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Fang

Aron lvl 22
- Take Down
- Iron Head
- Roar
- Mud Slap

Squirtle lvl 22
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
- Bubble
- Bite

Hippotas lvl 23
- Dig
- Bite
- Yawn
- Take Down

Losing quote: guess my defense couldn't help cover my offense...

Win Quote: Hah! Lets go Defense!

Last edited:
#Trollfreakbuffinglowlevelmovesfornoapparentreason

NPC Proposal
Defensive Guru Paul

Pre-Battle Quote: Well you beat one now time for the next one!

Rhyhorn lvl 23
- Rock Blast
- Stomp
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Fang

Aron lvl 22
- Take Down
- Iron Head
- Roar
- Mud Slap

Squirtle lvl 22
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
- Bubble
- Bite

Losing quote: guess my defense couldn't help cover my offense...

Win Quote: Hah! Lets go Defense!
3 is such an awkward number for EV grinding, I say we add at least one additional mon. Ferroseed, Gligar, Vullaby, and Hippopotas are all pretty good canadates. I'd prefer 6 just because it happens to match up with the magical value of 252 very nicely, but 4 and 8 work pretty well too.

3 is such an awkward number for EV grinding, I say we add at least one additional mon. Ferroseed, Gligar, Vullaby, and Hippopotas are all pretty good canadates. I'd prefer 6 just because it happens to match up with the magical value of 252 very nicely, but 4 and 8 work pretty well too.
I did three there mainly cause I didn't feel liketyping there anymore. Lazyness at its best.

Hmm what else could we be adding to this admittedadely short route? Secret route thy can allow you to bypass the whole mountain after gaining access to an hm? Pokemon Centers? Weird robots that are also Pokemon trainers?

I really don't think it needs much more. It's supposed to be a transition route so it doesn't need to contain too much. Some berry trees as said before would be good though

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
They are both same base power is why I didn't see it as an issue.
All these years I thought bubble was 20 power. My life is a lie.
PC isn't needed as the last town isn't far.
Berry trees seem OK, but I think we had a berry guru something...
A secret route to bypass the mountain...doesn't seem probable. Think of it:there's a path blocked by tree that goes round the mountain, yet should be short as well. Doesn't make sense right.
The best addition I can think of is an NPC that gives eviolite, but I can't propose this from my phone atm

I wouldn't do that. It's too early for Eviolite. The only two things that should be approaching fully evolved are Azumarill and Diggersby. Maybe after the next gym.

SparksBlade

Community Leader
I wouldn't do that. It's too early for Eviolite. The only two things that should be approaching fully evolved are Azumarill and Diggersby. Maybe after the next gym.
That's fair as well. An NPC coming up, which i suppose will be the last since, as ForumBeta said, we don't need much more here, so maybe we can start with the mountain after Salemance gives the go.

NPC Proposal
Hiker
When talked to 1st time : "Hey ya spirited yung 'un, ya going to tha mountain? 'tis a nice place to train, but ya dont want yer Pokemon to faint time and oer 'gain right? Sure ya can take Potions and stuff, but what if ya wanted to come out of tha mountain, uh? Here take thiis. Dont hesitate" Gives 5 Escape Ropes. "Dont wurry, we hikers always hav a lot of theese. Happy trekking lil 'un!"
When talked to later : "Peepul here may look scary with there many rules an' stuff, but dont ya wurry. Talk to them an' they'll help ya if they can"

The talked to later part can be edited as i didn't make the point clear enough i guess.

That's fair as well. An NPC coming up, which i suppose will be the last since, as ForumBeta said, we don't need much more here, so maybe we can start with the mountain after Salemance gives the go.

NPC Proposal
Hiker
When talked to 1st time : "Hey ya spirited yung 'un, ya going to tha mountain? 'tis a nice place to train, but ya dont want yer Pokemon to faint time and oer 'gain right? Sure ya can take Potions and stuff, but what if ya wanted to come out of tha mountain, uh? Here take thiis. Dont hesitate" Gives 5 Escape Ropes. "Dont wurry, we hikers always hav a lot of theese. Happy trekking lil 'un!"
When talked to later : "Peepul here may look scary with there many rules an' stuff, but dont ya wurry. Talk to them an' they'll help ya if they can"

The talked to later part can be edited as i didn't make the point clear enough i guess.

I like it. And I guess give me tomorrow to write the wrap up I guess. I'm gonna have to get creative with it since I can't access my comp due to personal issues so it will take a little. Stay tuned for the further adventures in SmogSmog!

Basically if there is any last minute things you want to add (random luck sack grunt or what ) get to it before wrap up tomorrow.

All these years I thought bubble was 20 power. My life is a lie.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bubble_(move)

Literally a gen 6 change for no apparent reason...

Salemance I just make teams on PS and import them here, saves me a ton of work :P

Also, we still need 3 more trainers for the nugget bridge of EV grinding. I'll make one for health...

Breeder Barst

Happiny @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Counter
- Sweet Kiss
- Rest

Azurill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Return

Slowpoke @ Lum Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Modest Nature
- Yawn
- Confusion
- Water Gun

Foongus @ Black Sludge
Quiet Nature
- Mega Drain
- Feint Attack
- Growth

Wynaut @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Shellos @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Modest Nature
- Mud Bomb
- Water Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Intro Quote: Let's battle, it's good for your pokemon's health!

Loss Quote: Oh no, my pokemon ran out of health!

Outro Quote: We should battle again sometime, it's really good for your pokemon's health!

Hints op

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bubble_(move)

Literally a gen 6 change for no apparent reason...

Salemance I just make teams on PS and import them here, saves me a ton of work :P

Also, we still need 3 more trainers for the nugget bridge of EV grinding. I'll make one for health...

Breeder Barst

Happiny @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Counter
- Sweet Kiss
- Rest

Azurill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Return

Slowpoke @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Yawn
- Confusion
- Water Gun

Foongus @ Black Sludge
Quiet Nature
- Mega Drain
- Feint Attack
- Growth

Wynaut @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Shellos @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Modest Nature
- Mud Bomb
- Water Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Intro Quote: Let's battle, it's good for your pokemon's health!

Loss Quote: Oh no, my pokemon ran out of health!

Outro Quote: We should battle again sometime, it's really good for your pokemon's health!

Hints op
I understand just something we got to make. If they aren't suggested I'll probably make em really fast with the write up as it's a nice quick burst of experience to have (or I'll just have em conti ue into the mountain alit bit if I see the need for it).

SparksBlade

Community Leader
are we ok with current trainers using 252EV in one stat? Not a strong objection but i feel we should ~160EVs total, and that too spread out here an there

are we ok with current trainers using 252EV in one stat? Not a strong objection but i feel we should ~160EVs total, and that too spread out here an there
It might just be me but I don't recall much of an issue with them being EV'd out all they way cause I had assumed they had gained or been to the EV trainers in the game. Memory may be a bit fuzzy, it's been awhile since I looked at the EV discussion on this.

I honestly think so. The power of EVs scale with level, meaning that 252 doesn't equate to 252/4 in stats at level 20. That's why LC spreads look really weird compared to OU stat spreads.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Trainer Proposal
Speed Freak Kath

Smeargle
Ability: Own Tempo
- Sticky Web
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
- Ember
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roar

Elektrike @ Expert Belt
- Shockwave
- Flame Burst
- Volt Switch

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
- Bulldoze
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Sunny Day

Meditite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pure Power
- Low Sweep
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Punch

Fletchinder @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
- Aerial Ace
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Intro Quote: If you're faster, you win!
Loss Quote: Guess you still need power as well...
Win Quote: Be careful not to let Hyper Offense teams get going!

Last edited:
Trainer Proposal
Speed Freak Kath

Smeargle
Ability: Own Tempo
- Sticky Web
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
- Ember
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roar

Elektrike @ Expert Belt
- Shockwave
- Flame Burst
- Volt Switch

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
- Bulldoze
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Sunny Day

Meditite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pure Power
- Low Sweep
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Punch

Fletchinder @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
- Aerial Ace
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Intro Quote: If you're faster, you win!
Loss Quote: Guess you still need power as well...
Win Quote: Be careful not to let Hyper Offense teams get going!
Funny, took till that post to me to recall that Smeargle had the capability to uturn (seeing it do nothing but GeoPass guess made me forget that)

It's funny...we could have, even a little bit earlier, actually used Smeargle as an actual attacker with high powered moves. Sure base 20 offenses aren't good, but when everything else has low stats and Smeargle is fast and given moves like Boomburst...it's hard to really defend too well.

Eh better late than never.

Also off to doctors appointment to schedule surgery so wrap up is...gonna happen sometimes just need a little slack on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)