- Bullet Punch

Fletchinder @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 20
- Aerial Ace
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Intro Quote: If you're faster, you win!
Loss Quote: Guess you still need power as well...
Win Quote: Be careful not to let Hyper Offense teams get going!
7 EVs is incredibly awkward for grinding purposes. Maybe remove a mon or have him use Fletchling instead?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, think we're good on the little route leading to cave (though you can keep submitting ideas/NPCs/Trainers).

Go ahead and start discussion on the main cavern area.

Salemance or I will write a short summary on the short route later.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Maybe after we exit the mountain, an NPC will tell us how Smeargle can learn almost any move, and how to use it and all. Considering that, i don't know how Smeargle actually achieves what it does in-game, so maybe somebody can explain it to me.(pm me, don't spoilt this thread)

DoW

formally Death on Wings
7 EVs is incredibly awkward for grinding purposes. Maybe remove a mon or have him use Fletchling instead?
I guess Meditite is the one that fits the team least, and removing it will reduce the EVs given to 6 which is a far nicer number. Post edited.

So out of surgery and feel like discussing just a little bit.

Now I feel like the start of this mountain volcano should of course be pretty bright. Its a weird idea trying to do a volcano (since we have very few to base then off of and most Pokemon found within them are not OU viable) I believe that we can hold off to the real volcano Pokemon till floor four (with floors 1-3 being the only ones to appropriately cross from one side to nother). So basically still fire types but not nearly as many on those first few.

Still tho if we gonna do fire types lets go with one of the beat in the tier....or least its pre-evo.

Wild Pokemon Proposal

Charmeleon lvl 18-22

(Rare)

With classifications of being found within the mountains in FrLg he seems like one of the better or easier to find fitting within the mountain with rare bringing a good distinction as it is one the starters. A no brained sure but a good one I think.

H'okay, once again I like to plan legendaries and we all know what legendary Pokemon LOVES Lava: Heatran!

So I propose we have Heatran hidden away. Maybe there could be a subplot that takes place over the region that would "relieve the pressure" of the volcano. We lower the lava level more and more inside the volcano by unblocking natural vents or so (that could be uncovered by Rock Smash rocks) places around the region. Once you unblock them all, you get told that there's one more on the bottom of the volcano that typically gets stuck.

So, you head back to the volcano and go down to the bottom sub-basement (which is now open) and you'll see the last rock, Rock Smash it and a pissed off Heatran comes down and battles you (you just ruined his dinner. He's pissssssssed.) So now you can battle and capture Heatran.

Finally, another Pokemon proposal

Wild Pokemon Proposal
Larvitar
Level 15-20
Medium Rare

Larvitar is often found in Mountains eating the whole damn thing by itself (somehow? Who wrote these entries and why don't they understand like simple physiology?) And if you don't believe Tyranitar is viable you should jump off a roof.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Wild Pokemon Proposal
Ferroseed
Level 15-18
Super common
Do I need to explain its viability? Well you know good defensive typing and good defensive stats and good defensive ability and good walling movepool and good defensive/support mon.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
NPC Proposal

A man comes up to you when you reach a point in the cave, not too far in, and starts to speak to you.
"You're a trainer, I see. One badge, not great but you're getting somewhere I guess. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the pokemon professor, Chou Toshio . Hmm, there's a lot of tough steel- and rock-types in this cave, strong fighting moves are a must. Here, take this Fighting Necktie to power up your fighting moves!"
Chou then hands the player a black belt.
"Well, good luck on becoming a good competitive pokemon player. I'll be watching your progress, and deleting any posts I dislike."
Chou then walks off into the cave.

Last edited:
NPC Proposal

A man comes up to you when you reach a point in the cave, not too far in, and starts to speak to you.
"You're a trainer, I see. One badge, not great but you're getting somewhere I guess. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the competitive pokemon guru, Chou Toshio . Hmm, there's a lot of tough steel- and rock-types in this cave, strong fighting moves are a must. Here, take this Fighting Necktie to power up your fighting moves!"
"Well, good luck on becoming a good competitive pokemon player. I'll be watching your progress, and deleting any posts I dislike."
Just change it to Professor Chou (he is region professor and that'll be good) then I guess. What point ya thinking, just random or what?

SparksBlade

Community Leader
NPC Proposal

"You're a trainer, I see. One badge, not great but you're getting somewhere I guess. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the competitive pokemon guru, Chou Toshio . Hmm, there's a lot of tough steel- and rock-types in this cave, strong fighting moves are a must. Here, take this Fighting Necktie to power up your fighting moves!"
maybe rephrase it a bit to make it Expert Belt, otherwise it's greta

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I was mostly thinking that items like black belt and sharp beak can be useful in OU, but at the same time aren't gamebreaking at this point in the game so it might be good to introduce one. Expert belt would work as well I guess, both fit in with the Fighting Necktie.
Also we haven't had that many references to smogon people, I thought it might be good to fit in.
Changed to Professor from pokemon guru.

I was mostly thinking that items like black belt and sharp beak can be useful in OU, but at the same time aren't gamebreaking at this point in the game so it might be good to introduce one. Expert belt would work as well I guess, both fit in with the Fighting Necktie.
Also we haven't had that many references to smogon people, I thought it might be good to fit in.
Changed to Professor from pokemon guru.
Oh itsvery good I was planning on asking y'all to do that that anyway (I'm gonna write the layout o hat I'm expecting to have at the nd of h discussion once I get less loopy from my pain meds anyway) and was hoping for someone smog related to how up (I still haven't shown up either but I will eventually I think).

SparksBlade

Community Leader
NPC Proposal

"You're a trainer, I see. One badge, not great but you're getting somewhere I guess. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the pokemon professor, Chou Toshio . Hmm, there's a lot of tough steel- and rock-types in this cave, strong fighting moves are a must. Here, take this Fighting Necktie to power up your fighting moves!"
Also, Prof Chou has already been introduced, so no need for introduction. Maybe we change the character to someone who doesn't play much(OU), but is very helpful on Smogon. Like people on "Ask a simple question get a simple answer" or "New users intro"

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Oh itsvery good I was planning on asking y'all to do that that anyway (I'm gonna write the layout o hat I'm expecting to have at the nd of h discussion once I get less loopy from my pain meds anyway) and was hoping for someone smog related to how up (I still haven't shown up either but I will eventually I think).
you'll do in the credits when the player runs home after winning the league and becoming champion

Eh ill be whatever.

So as stating again direction we will be looking for in the mountain/volcano ill post later but till keep talking y'all. What could we possibly see happen? Giant tuna rolls or wandering but in catchable Camerupt?

Discuss as usual

Mountain/Volcano Adventure!

Basically as has been explained a few times this is a dormant volcano that can be explored at greater length once you get further along in the game with for now the first three floors being the main accessible routes. Needless to say this could be ridiculously large location for early on in which not to be accessed till later so it we are going Togo with a bit of guide lines here.

Basically the first three floors are expected to range in the 16-28s in lvl range from wild Pokemon to trainers with the bottom few (at the moment I am expecting two lower floors with the bottom splitting as it houses Entries and Heatran) with a top that could house a few treasures that were later pushes up due to volcanic eruption after capturing both Tran and Entei.

Now we are looking for bout 7 Mons to fill this cave.
-super common
-common
-common
-uncommon
-uncommon
-rare
- super rare

With these mons encompassing the ground rock and fire variety preferably (if you can make a case for another type of Mon to be in this cave (like thy ferrous post) then have at it) and are to encompass the current three floors. The fourth and floor floors will insist of:

-common
-uncommon
-rare

Of Mons at the lvl of 50s-60s or so (to be changed if needed).

Also needing bout a decent amount of trainers bout five or so in there with at least two TMs and two HMs on the the third floor (both needed to access the lower floor but not usable yet).

And also if anyone would like to think of a puzzle or maze for the.volcano then be my guest. That's really all I got so lets get to it.

Pokemon Proposal
Rhyhorn
Levels 25-27
Common
Rhyperior is a great SR setter and birdspam stop and can hit like a truck with 140 base Attack. It can act as a more defensive SR setter that Drilbur, a more viable setter than Golett, and an option over Ferroseed

Last edited:
Pokemon Proposal
Aron
Level 22-24
Very Common
Aron definitely suits the style of a cave dweller. Mega Aggron's defence outmatches any other Pokemon, allowing it to switch into many physical attacks and retaliate. Having access to Stealth Rock and phasing moves only boosts its reliability.

Pokemon proposal
Gligar
Level 24-26
Uncommon

Gliscor is one of the best defensive Pokemon in the whole game and he walls many dangerous Pokemon like Mega Heracross while having loads of support moves to use like Taunt, Stealth Rock, Toxic, U-Turn etc. Also Gligar itself may not be that common in caves but it is almost always found close to them.

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Gligar is said to build nests on high cliffs, i.e not inside mountains, but outside them, so I think if our mountain has an outside are(like Mt. Coronet) gligar can be placed there, or else just outside the mountain.

Well since we have Rhyhorn in the mountain I can imagine them charging through the walls making paths go outside before going back in possibly leading to a bit more destability. I'm not opposed to gligar but jut talking to how one can make it work.

Or have them nest near the third floor (third up i mean) as that is nearbyhe volcanoes mouth I guess. Can just spitballing reall.

Pokemon Proposal

Meditite
Levels 18-24
Uncommon

Usually found on mountains and their surroundings, has a pretty good Attack Stat thanks to Pure Power and a usable movepool. Learns High Jump Kick by leveling up at lvl 32 and evolves into Medicham somewhat later, and everyone knows its wallbreaking potential when M-Evolution (which would be available at those levels more or less).

EDIT:

3rd-4th Levels Pokémon Proposal

Larvesta
Levels 50-56
Uncommon

Larvesta's main in-game problem are the ridiculous level it needs to evolve (lvl. 59) and the reversal of its best attacking stats when evolving. Being at these high levels means it needs little effort and training to evolve into Volcarona, a good set-up sweeper, and it doesn't need to get to level 100 to learn some of its most used moves, as it can learn all of them by Heart Scale. Plus it makes a little sense to it living within a volcano.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Pokemon Proposal
Sableye
Levels 26-28
Rare

Sableye is probably one of the most annoying pokemon to face in the OU metagame, and for a very good reason. It's access to moves such as Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, and Recover can make it a great supportive pokemon or even a fair stallbreaker. It's also got Foul Play which is a nice weapon against physical offenisve Pokemon, especially ones immune to Will-O-Wisp. As for flavour as to why put it here, Sableye tends to have a diet for Precious Gems, which grow really well in Volcanic areas. I made it rare since its probably somewhat bright in there and the Sabelye species likes the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)