Pokemon you didn't give enough credit

CSpecs Shaymin, as stated before is insanely strong if you use Seed Flare, and also very sturdy if you stick Rest on it, since Natural Cure eliminates the sleep when you switch. I'm not gonna lie, I just wanted to use this thing for kicks before, but it's now IMO the chia pet from hell!
Finally somebody else who realizes how kickass CSpecs Shaymin is <3

Abomasnow is another Pokemon I didn't give much credit too; it handles Bulky waters like no tomorrow. And while it does have many weaknesses, the resists it has are simply amazing. Not to mention it's a pain to switch into; STAB on 100% accurate Blizzard and Wood Hammer is ouch.

Swalot w/ black sludge, I was just testing him out on my BL team against other BL players, he was capable of surviving a gardevoir's psychic and still managed to take down the majority of my opponents team. It even faired against an OU team. Go figure.

Suicidal Jumpluff. It can disable quite a few pokes with doublestatus, set up Sunny Day to outspeed even Scarfers (beware Weavile Ice Shard), and almost force a free switch after Memento, which becomes quite important in this metagame...

Ninjask. I kept thinking that it was just a weak little bug that was fast. I used to try to set up on it. BAD. FUCKING. IDEA. The thing gets 3 speed boosts, a swords dance, and a sub up. It then passes to a Heracross. I think you know what happens next.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good thread., I myself have come to the terms that cresselia is the best wall of DP.

I didnt like it as much as others, and never did I once try it out. Now its on alot of my teams and will be for a long time. God help us if Tar gets banned...

You havent seen Ice Shard until you've seen Mamoswine use it. CBswine is amazing really.

TyranniBoah, while technically not an underrated Pokemon, deserves mention. This set works seemingly better then ever this generation, since it can handle Cresselia as well now.

Poison heal breloom is so darn hard to kill. Usually, it kills half my team before I can take it down. I never thought slow-ass breloom could be that good haha. I also got 6-0d by a marowak that got passed to by ninjask because I was being an idiot. Marowak can 6-0 most teams if they aren't alert.

choice specs flygon

draco meteor, fire blast, earth power, giga drain/dragon pulse

guys is this original using a pokemon with 4x weakness to ice and stab choice specs draco meteor.

Pros and cons of using this rather than CSMence...
Pros:
-Takes nothing from stealth rock
-Gets stab earth power to deal with heatran, rock/steels and empoleon
-Switches in to rock moves
-Giga drain owns swampert

Cons:
-Less Power
-Intimidate
-Fighting Resist

Floatzel.

I went quite a while thinking it was just another crappy beginning game water type. Nearly all of the good new evolutions, especially Mamoswine, Togekiss, and Yanmega.

Ditto's always been underrated... :O (battling-wise, obviously...)

With speed powder, it has speed in the 400's!!! No, rly, it's won me some battles... :justin2:

Toxicroak, and Azumarril.

I didn't really like toxicroak after tearing the up the ones team galactic had with bronzong, but then I started running a rain dancing, sub-punching one on shoddy battle. I killed three pokemon with it.

I didn't see the point of azumarril. But then, I saw someone on shoddy battle have ninjask pass speed boosts to vaporeon, have vaporeon pass curse, wish and aqua ring on to azumarill, and have azumarril belly drum and aqua jet. And this was against a Ubers team. He could've swept the whole team if not for shedinja and a deoxys packing focus sash.

Hippowdon.

Holy crap, that thing takes hits like a man, eats Tyranitar alive, then recovers it's own HP.

I guess the E4 one got me a bad impression. Hippo owns all.

Speaking Azumaril, one of my absolute favorite Pokemon, why not see how powerful Azumarill is. Here are some damage calculations.

Azumarill@Choice Band
Adamant - Huge Power (obviously

Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Focus Punch
Return

CB + Aqua Jet + STAB + Rain + Huge Power

1HKOs any Standard Fire Pokemon (not named Heatran, though it does a minimum of 81 damage) - Alakazam
2HKOs the Standard Azelf -Electivire - PorygonZ - Heracross - Gengar (potentially a OHKO with Stealth Rock support) - Raikou (with no HP investment) - Lucario - Tauros - Weavile (can OHKO with Stealth Rock) - Medicham - Staraptor - Zapdos - Ninjask - Tyranitar

CB + Waterfall + STAB + Rain + Huge Power

1HKOs everything on the list above (except for a selected few). And Blissey
2HKO the standard Swampert - Skarmory (may not if max HP and max Def) - Snorlax - Garchomp - Metagross - Hippowdon (can OHKO)

For everything that resists water. CB Return is a 2-3HKO on them most of the time, barring Intimidate. I'm looking at you Gyarados.

So if you use Azumarill. ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure it's raining.

The pokes I always end up under estimating are ones such as Ninjask and Yanmega. If you don't kill that Ninjask fast, it's going to end up having a major set up going for the next pokemon. Same thing that happened to Calciphoce happened to me. It tried to set up against it, the BAM. Passed to Heracross. It didn't go very well from there.

And then there's Yanmega. I got raped by one in a wifi battle. I hadn't thought much of it when it switched in, but that damn Speed Boost ability can really screw you up.

On a side not, I have to say I really respect Relicanths now. I had never really thought much of them before, but after hearing what you've had to say about them, I decided to train one up, and I have to say that it's a great addition to my team.

I've recently become a big fan of crobat. I use one as an opener for my team. It gives me a lot of options right at the beginning of the battle and with mean look and air slash (flinch hax), I can really annoy people with it.

Probably either Spiritomb or Mesprit. Spiritomb didn't seem like it could do anything, but the way it kicked a Cresselia's ass is what made me realize it's special. With Mesprit, I wasn't even <i>on</i> the fence, but after doing damage calcs with it, I fell in love.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Spritomb. My favorite pokemon ever. Greedy little bastard can Will-o, Sleep, Taunt, Pain Split, and get STAB on Pursuit/Sucker Punch, not to mention STAB on Dark Pulse, Shadow Sneak, and Shadow Ball, with no Super Effective hits, and 50/108/108 defenses for prime Pain Split, oh god it's cool.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I've always had a lot of respect for Raikou, but after using it on Shoddybattle in a metagame that has forgotten about it, I've come to recognize it as THE reason one uses Blissey as a special wall over Cresselia. Seriously, Raikou absolutely shits on people who bitch about Blissey.

Also, after using Yanmega for a while, I've found that it can be a gamewinner or an absolute traitor. Damn Hypnosis...

Electabuzz, it's fun using him and the opponent says, "What? Don't you know that that thing evovles?", then I trash them with Thunderbolt or Focus Blast. And he is slightly faster than Vire so occasionaly that helps me out ftw.

Uxie is one bad mofo. I absolutely love this yellow pixie bastard. I actually prefer it as a general tank to Cressy. CM+Pseudo Boltbeam+ AWESOME Defences is hardkore.

Ive always loved Relicanth, and used him ALOT on NB. The addition of Head Smash to his movepool just makes me love the little Fossil Fish so much more =)

CBTar is my favorite TTar moveset, i just cant get over how much this thing RAPES teams. CBCrunch and CBStone Edge HURTS, regardless of what is taking the hit. And Sandstream kills of those tanks not named Skarmory that hang on with tiny amounts of HP.

Dugtrio. I used to look at its stats and used that alone to avoid it. But I actually started using it in battles and found it pretty effective. I love its ability and speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)