Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a set that I'm trying to come up with Electrode, since his base 140 speed is something that can be reckoned with. But, I'm in need of some help.

Electrode @Focus Sash/Life Orb (Depending on the last move)
Hasty with: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Explosion
- Substitute / Flash / Screech / ???

Yes. A double-status inducing 'Trode. Hasty for the +Speed, and just incase you want to run a special attack. Besides, Electrode has so low defense that it doesn't matter.

The only problem I can see with that if you don't have Screech to force switches, a smart Machamp/Hera may stay in and continue to attack. Yes you can explode on them, but then you cant status anything else.

Basically, you get in there and Sub up and spread status, or spread status with the help of Focus Sash, then explode. I don't like the Rain Dance set, and this set lets you focus all the EVs in Attack and Speed.

But, I'm unsure on the last slot. Substitute is good for spreading status, but I'm not sure how it would work on Electrode. Screech can help with Explosion, and Flash just messes with the opponent.
Only problem I see with this is some Guts user stays in and takes away your sub. You can explode on them, but they may predict that and switch to ghost. Even if you land the hit, Electrodude really didn't do much.

Persian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Switcheroo
- Taunt
- Hypnosis
- U-turn

My anti-lead

Screws over the new double screens d-e and stops anything else from getting sr up

With switcheroo it can seriously fuck up bronzong/hippo/ninjask and loads of other bulky leads

Everything else gets slept

Try Taunt in that last spot, especially if he's a lead. And you probably don't need max speed.
Well, where would I the remaining EVs? HP, Defense, or Special Defense? On Electrode? Nah. And, Taunt sounds like a great idea, I'll test it.

Only problem I see with this is some Guts user stays in and takes away your sub. You can explode on them, but they may predict that and switch to ghost. Even if you land the hit, Electrodude really didn't do much.
Well, he's a lead. His goal is to spread status and explode. And, nobody should expect an Electrode with this moveset anyways, right? And, there aren't many Guts users in OU, and if one does come, I'll just switch out.

Firstly, they aren't leads. Machamp can be an anti-lead, but I never him as a lead.

Let's say that one of them comes in. So, I know they have guts, so I won't status them. I can either Taunt and switch, or explode. I don't see much of a problem.

Just something I came up with last night. Tested it, and it worked quite well. In OU. After noticing it had above average Attack, 140 base Defense, Yawn, and fairly decent HP. Managed to set-up SR %80 of the time with Leftovers. Haven't tested Sash

Torkoal
Name: Lead Koal, can also be called "Suck that Azelf!"
~ Stealth Rock
~ Yawn/Rapid Spin
~ Curse/Protect
~ Explosion
Item: Leftovers/Focus Sash
Ability: White Smoke
Nature(s): Impish
Evs: 252/6/200/0/52/0

Torkoal, as I found makes a pretty good lead, it managed to cause some switches into Starmie, meaning a free SR set-up. It can also Yawn+Protect/Explosion to get a free KO, or to scout. Curse can be used to boost its already great 402 max defense. You can also have Rapid Spin to get rid of SR if you're up against Azelf or Deoxys-E. It is reccomended to have Curse+Spin or Yawn+Protect. Although you can make any combination of the 4. Focus Sash to guarentee an OHKO on Starmie. Or Leftovers for recovery.

It should reach 344/207/402/76/185/189 with this set (HP->Atk->Def->Speed->SA->SD).

Damage Calcs:
From SR Azelf's Explosion:
256-301 damage.
Same Azelf as above, after 1 Curse:
172-202 damage.

So, this is a new set that I'm trying out. Nidoqueen lead. It sounds odd, but she makes a decent lead, with moves like Counter and Charm. So, here's the set:

Nidoqueen @Leftovers (Maybe a damage reducing berry? Maybe Lum?)
Impish with: 252 HP / 6 Attack / 88 Defense / 164 SpDef
- Charm
- Toxic Spikes
- Roar
- Earthquake / Elemental Punch?

So, a Toxic Spike lead Nidoqueen. Defense-oriented, of course. Now, I know that Nidoqueen isn't the best lead, but I like different things. The EVs need some work, because as of now they just make Defense and Special Defense about the same, with 252 HP. The last move slot I'm thinking about, as I want a move that can take out the common leads.

Gyarados comes to mind as well.

I've used a Nidoquen lead in UU, and what I used was Taunt, Lum Berry, and some speed. That beats slower support Pokemon, and also sleep leads (especially Choice Scarf sleep leads). I also used Stealth Rock over Toxic Spikes, but Toxic Spikes are probably better because there are a million Taunt + SR capable Pokemon.

Here's a Ninetales UU anti-lead I've been using.

"Choice Scarf"
Ninetales @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power Rock
- Energy Ball / Toxic

It seems like a waste of potential/useless gimmick, but it's been working out great for me. It outspeeds most other Scarfers (unless they run +Speed natures), and Overheat is still insanely powerful against most leads (deals up to 85% damage to Nidoqueen). It also makes for a great revenge-killer.

As for the moves, Overheat was chosen because it's more powerful and accurate than Fire Blast, and this particular Ninetales doesn't mind the SpA drop. Hypnosis is just there for what I can't deal with to cripple it and switch to something that can force it out. I originally used Hidden Power Ice for Aerodactyl, but I found that Hidden Power Rock is better because it hits other Ninetales as well. At first I ran Toxic because it crippled things like Lanturn and Hypno, but Energy Ball has bene equally useful to revenge-kill things like Relicanth.

Ok this is going to look pathetic but ive found some success with it.

Kricketune
focus sash
jolly
252hp/252speed/6def
-perish song
-swagger
-protect
-sing

There is alot better pokes that could do this but I wanted to give kricketune something to do and this all I could figure out for now. Relys on tons of luck with sing and swagger. With perish song and protect you can stop any poke that set up on you as long no spikes/stealthrock, of course only on a free switch in or you predict stat up. I was thinking of doing a bulky ev spread but decided for speed instead to beat some pokes. So I hope you like and keep in mind its totally gimmicky, obviously.

Why so serious?
Wormadam-S (F) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball/ Toxic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Rest
- Skill Swap
---

One of my favorite Annoyers. Wormadam has tons of resistances and can take neutral hits fairly well. To be honest I chose him for one reason... Skill Swap.

The Ev's are nothing special Bias to Defense due to the abundant CC users in UU. Relaxed nature helps power up Gyro Ball. Right now Considering a 204HP - 156 Def - 156 SDef.

Gyro Ball for Stab and to hurt anything in the 90+ Speed. Hidden Power [Ground] to hit Steelix, Rotom(After Skill Swap), and anything else that you wouldnt bother hitting with Gyro Ball/ Toxic. Rest + Chesto grants him a quick recovery which helps him 2HKO Rotom. Skill Swap is what makes him such a nuisance.. for example.. Water Absorb from Poliwhirl, Flash Fire from Ninetails, Pressure from Articuno, and Levitate from Claydoll and Rotom. The beauty of Skill Swap is that it goes through Subtitutes which would otherwise render this guy useless.

Just something I came up with last night. Tested it, and it worked quite well. In OU. After noticing it had above average Attack, 140 base Defense, Yawn, and fairly decent HP. Managed to set-up SR %80 of the time with Leftovers. Haven't tested Sash

Torkoal
Name: Lead Koal, can also be called "Suck that Azelf!"
~ Stealth Rock
~ Yawn/Rapid Spin
~ Curse/Protect
~ Explosion
Item: Leftovers/Focus Sash
Ability: White Smoke
Nature(s): Impish
Evs: 252/6/200/0/52/0

Torkoal, as I found makes a pretty good lead, it managed to cause some switches into Starmie, meaning a free SR set-up. It can also Yawn+Protect/Explosion to get a free KO, or to scout. Curse can be used to boost its already great 402 max defense. You can also have Rapid Spin to get rid of SR if you're up against Azelf or Deoxys-E. It is reccomended to have Curse+Spin or Yawn+Protect. Although you can make any combination of the 4. Focus Sash to guarentee an OHKO on Starmie. Or Leftovers for recovery.

It should reach 344/207/402/76/185/189 with this set (HP->Atk->Def->Speed->SA->SD).

Damage Calcs:
From SR Azelf's Explosion:
256-301 damage.
Same Azelf as above, after 1 Curse:
172-202 damage.
I don't see Yawn and Protect working well together, almost anyone who gets Yawned is going to switch out. Yawn and Curse would be better, since Torkoal isn't a great Spinner anyway.

I also don't see why Azelf would explode, when he could just Psychic...

Torkoal is cool though.

Porygon 2:
Bold - Trace/Download
252 Hp / 104 SpD / 152 Def
- Magic Coat
- Lock On
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack

Basically, it's just a rip-off of the P2 set in the analysis. This set, however, forces switches with Lock On, and then Thunder Wave incoming enemies. The trick is not to reveal your 4th move, so the enemy will be really scared of a potential Zap Cannon. Tri-Attack draws out Gengar for you to Thunder Wave, and then GTFO. Trace is the regular, but Download will have your enemy going WTF, and hopefully over-predicting.

I don't see Yawn and Protect working well together, almost anyone who gets Yawned is going to switch out. Yawn and Curse would be better, since Torkoal isn't a great Spinner anyway.

I also don't see why Azelf would explode, when he could just Psychic...

Torkoal is cool though.
I agree, on Shoddy I'm using Yawn+Curse. You won't believe how many people kept their Pokemon in. XD

Good point, Azelf will most likely Psychic, but that's another reason Sash is an option.

Agreed. =D

Pokemon:Infernape

name: Encore Subber
move 1: sub
move 2: encore
move 3: CC/flare blitz/focus punch
move 4: flare blitz/SD
item:liechi/salac/life orb
ability:blaze
nature(s): jolly
evs: ordered in 0/252/6/0/0/252
What this set does is that it sets up with a sub by switching in to things apes counter, then either attack or encore if your opponent's ape counter deosn't attack, then fire off attack with out fearing getting hit, keep subbing if you cannot kill the poke in one attack until you get your berry, by now your blaze activates and can cripple a good 70-80% off max def max hp gliscor with flare blitz.

Seriously, I feel that Alakazam and Jumpluff do Sub/Encore better than Infernape ever will. The advantage Infernape has is Blaze, so Salac berry would be a good idea. The Life Orb and Flare Blitz would have Infernape take too much damage IMO. A Flamethrower/Close Combat combination should suffice.

Pokemon:Aerodactyl name: Prior Shuffler
move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 3: Roar
move 4: Whirl Wind
item:Focus Sash
ability:pressure
nature(s): jolly
evs: 40 Hp, 252 atk, 216 Spe
Those EVs would be better, and I think this set was already posted.

Seriously, I feel that Alakazam and Jumpluff do Sub/Encore better than Infernape ever will. The advantage Infernape has is Blaze, so Salac berry would be a good idea. The Life Orb and Flare Blitz would have Infernape take too much damage IMO. A Flamethrower/Close Combat combination should suffice.
Try this set before you actually say anything, and blaze isn't the only advantage ape has, also the great coverage both STAB has. The set also has the element of surprise, the set if used correctly can surely at least kill one and majorly scar another in one match, salac would be inferior to liechi on this set cuz you would be always hitting from behind a sub so why bother go first instead of more power? You can also change the set to a Special version by shifting the Evs and changing the moves, it's really versatile. And most of ape's counter, for example gliscor is slower than ape so why bother using a salac? And this is a thread where we post creative sets, not comparing them to a standard set that something else has that's similar to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)