Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
lol once you reach 9 pages people hit the tl;dr button in their brain and just post.

You might want to make an FAQ in the OP if/when you have time chiizu

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is pprng supported by the new mac os x lion?
I don't have Lion yet, so I haven't been able to test it, but as far as I know it should work (though the screen layout may be kind of messed up because of some of the graphical changes made in Lion). If anyone is having issues with PPRNG under Lion, I would be keen to hear about it.

I upgraded to Lion on launch, and so far its been working normally.

One issue that did occur to me happened to I was trying to search for a specific on a specific date (to verify seeds while breeding)
So, the date was January 18 but PPRNG was looking at seeds from the day after, Jan 19, here's a picture:

That's not the exact same set up I had initially; those are different IVs, but the date problem is still there
Also, this problem doesn't seem to be present for other months, at least this didn't happen when I was looking at seeds for Feb 21

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I upgraded to Lion on launch, and so far its been working normally.

One issue that did occur to me happened to I was trying to search for a specific on a specific date (to verify seeds while breeding)
So, the date was January 18 but PPRNG was looking at seeds from the day after, Jan 19, here's a picture:

That's not the exact same set up I had initially; those are different IVs, but the date problem is still there
Also, this problem doesn't seem to be present for other months, at least this didn't happen when I was looking at seeds for Feb 21
I can't reproduce this in Snow Leopard. Silly question, but you didn't change the dates after you started the search, right?

What time zone are you in, and what time of the day was it when you ran the search? It's possible that Lion's date class behaves a bit differently than the date class under Leopard / Snow Leopard.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm almost positive Lion's time/date work differently than Leopard. On many programs (like Colloquy) it displays the time in GMT rather than the correct time zone.

No, I didn't change the dates.

So, I'm trying again (its noon now), and I am getting seeds from 1/18. It must be what stellar is saying because I did search for 1/18 at around 11pm-midnight both times… which I usually don't hence I was able to reproduce results the first time around.

Umm I was reading the instructions for parameter searching, and on step 8 it reads "Add the parameters to your configuration." How do I do that? there's no ad button and I'm not sure what values the parameters are.

Is it possible to take the next PPRNG version to include Hidden Power in the Egg section of Standard Seed Inspector? Being able to take hatchlings to the HP judge would be helpful to try to find out what PID frame you hit.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to take the next PPRNG version to include Hidden Power in the Egg section of Standard Seed Inspector? Being able to take hatchlings to the HP judge would be helpful to try to find out what PID frame you hit.
Eggs depend on the parents IVs for inheritance.

If you can't verify it with the HP judge and knowing what your Parent's IVs are, you missed your seed.

Parent IVs -> Different Hidden Powers, so it's not needed.

Use Pokecheck or the PID%6 method to verify.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Hidden Power used to be displayed in the Eggs tab, but it was replaced by the characteristic. When people say 'PID % 6 method' they are talking about calculating the characteristic, and PPRNG does it for you. This is supposed to be more useful than the Hidden Power, but I can probably add that back anyway.

Eggs depend on the parents IVs for inheritance.

If you can't verify it with the HP judge and knowing what your Parent's IVs are, you missed your seed.

Parent IVs -> Different Hidden Powers, so it's not needed.

Use Pokecheck or the PID%6 method to verify.
The problem with the characteristic is that it tends to repeat a lot in a series of PID frames. Kaizer Soze doesn't have an issue with verifying whether s/he hit a seed, but which PID frame s/he hit. Hidden Power could be useful in combination with the characteristic to more accurately pinpoint the frame without resorting to PokeCheck or rare candies for IV checking.

Hidden Power used to be displayed in the Eggs tab, but it was replaced by the characteristic. When people say 'PID % 6 method' they are talking about calculating the characteristic, and PPRNG does it for you. This is supposed to be more useful than the Hidden Power, but I can probably add that back anyway.

The problem with the characteristic is that it tends to repeat a lot in a series of PID frames. Kaizer Soze doesn't have an issue with verifying whether s/he hit a seed, but which PID frame s/he hit. Hidden Power could be useful in combination with the characteristic to more accurately pinpoint the frame without resorting to PokeCheck or rare candies for IV checking.
Thanks, just adding some feedback. Usually I can just go off of the nature/gender/ability/characteristic, and a stop at the IV judge to confirm. But recently I've been trying some Rotoms for Hidden Power (note genderless + one ability), and it hasn't gone well. I was trying first with an Everstone, so almost every test egg came up Timid. And since I was trying for Hidden Power, a few had more 30s than 31s. It also seems that every time I try to advance for the shiny Rotom my Timer0 is programed to troll (it hasn't bothered me for a few weeks recently). For a few of them I've tried to calculate their Hidden Power using Psypoke's calc, so I got to thinking it might be a semi-useful addition.

EDIT: (More of a general RNG question) Does using a synchronizer in the wild affect the natures on non-synchronizable PID frames?

I've been attempting to breed a shiny female Eevee with the ability Adaptability (which I'm under the impression is ability 1 as opposed to ability 0). On my first attempt with this particular seed, I got a non-shiny Bold female Eevee with Adaptability. I'd figured this corresponded to PID frame 51's Bold listing (the next Bold is 89, male with the wrong IVs and characteristic). Unfortunately, I didn't bother checking the IVs before my next attempt.

On my second attempt, I saved once before talking to the old man and getting my egg. I understood that this would lead to extra NPC PID trolling between the menu usage and talking to him. After awhile, I hatched a non-shiny Quirky female Eevee with Adaptibility and the correct IVs. This pretty much aligned perfectly with PID frame 56...except for shininess.

What's going on here? Being a 12.5% female species, hitting a completely off PID frame isn't quite so likely to consistently get female (if you can call 2/2 consistent, it's a rather small sample size).

I'm breeding with a Darumaka, not a ditto, and there's no everstone or outsider Pokemon involved.

I was technically too lazy to get the second Eevee's precise IVs, but I narrowed them down closely enough that I figure they're in all likelihood correct.

*ridiculously overpowering need for a shiny Umbreon is ridiculous*

I'm pretty new at this, feel free to inform me if I'm doing something foolish.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I'm pretty new at this, feel free to inform me if I'm doing something foolish.
You haven't set your SID in your configuration. The frames marked as shiny are not actually going to be shiny unless your SID happens to be 0 (which it isn't, because the eevee wasn't shiny). Set your SID in your configuration and search again. If you don't know it, try the Simple Requests thread in the Wi-fi forum.

On the bright side, it looks like you don't have any problems hitting your seed and advancing to the correct PID frame for breeding, so once you get your SID you should be set to go. You might want to search for some better IVs, though.

Can some one tell me why I calibrate a Timer0 and then when put into practice I get the opposite?
For example:

I calibrate C7E. When I try and hit a seed I hit C7F consistently, so when I go and find a C7F seed, I hit C7E consistently. Is there any reasoning behind this?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Can some one tell me why I calibrate a Timer0 and then when put into practice I get the opposite?
For example:

I calibrate C7E. When I try and hit a seed I hit C7F consistently, so when I go and find a C7F seed, I hit C7E consistently. Is there any reasoning behind this?
That's not a problem with PPRNG. This question belongs in the RNG Help thread in the Wi-Fi Forum.

Ok I'll post that there. 1 other thing though;

Does PPRNG have a feature like RNG Reporter where in the Egg seed searcher you can put in 3 Base IVs and leave the other 3 blank so that the Parents will give inheritence IV's there?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
For example:

You can ask it in the main RNG thread, but the answer is that there isn't any reason. Some people almost always hit the same one while others such as yourself suffer with one that flips around on you.

Ok I'll post that there. 1 other thing though;

Does PPRNG have a feature like RNG Reporter where in the Egg seed searcher you can put in 3 Base IVs and leave the other 3 blank so that the Parents will give inheritence IV's there?
Having not used RNG reporter's egg searcher I can't say for certain that it works the same, but if you only set the parent IVs to be those that you want to pass down, and set your desired egg IVs to be a something that would result from inheriting those parent IVs, it will essentially be forced to give you results which inherit those IVs since there will be no other way to get an egg with those IVs.

In other words, have you tried actually using the Egg Searcher? It should just do what you want.

You can ask it in the main RNG thread, but the answer is that there isn't any reason. Some people almost always hit the same one while others such as yourself suffer with one that flips around on you.
Is there any way to remedy this such as starting a new file or is it just the Game Card itself?

Having not used RNG reporter's egg searcher I can't say for certain that it works the same, but if you only set the parent IVs to be those that you want to pass down, and set your desired egg IVs to be a something that would result from inheriting those parent IVs, it will essentially be forced to give you results which inherit those IVs since there will be no other way to get an egg with those IVs.

In other words, have you tried actually using the Egg Searcher? It should just do what you want.
Yeah I use it all the time, it's just the only problem is that I use to run RNG Reporter through VMWare Fusion and my Timer0 seemed to stay in check for the most part. But I switched to PPRNG (Which I like better for more than 1 reason) and that is when I started having problems. I'm thinking it might be the Characteristics, because sometimes I'd find a seemingly correct seed but then the Charateristic is the only thing wrong.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Nope, you can't control your timer0.

It doesn't matter which program you use, it's all about the seed and load time of the game.

(gba slot doesnt matter, I was saying that I saw timer0 change when I held down a button while playing GBA games)

Characteristic depends on the PID and IVs, if you aren't hitting your target you aren't getting the characteristic.

So I am confused, and only just realized what my problem is. I'm learning to RNG breed.

When I generate seeds for a flawless physical spread (using parent iv's), I find one (8th IV frame no problem). I search for a Jolly nature, one comes up, says it has PID frame 72 = Jolly. Great.

Now when I go to seed inspector, type in parent IV's (not using ditto or everstone), and generate all the nature frames, I find PID 72 is my Jolly.

But it only has three of the 31's guaranteed. The other stats are left blank. How do I RNG them to be 31? I'll be trying to hit this seed to post my results, but I think this was the problem I was having earlier with another pokemon.

edit:

So PID frame 60 is quiet male
61 is relaxed

I start on frame 60, and can advance the PID frame by 12 to reach Jolly frame I want to hit. My problem of still not acheiving all perfect IV's exists... :\

Further edit:

Got it... ^_^;
For anyone reading this later and thinking back on my foolishness, I was under the impression that all eggs would have the flawless IV spread outside the parent's inherited IV's. I now understand that's not the case. WOO I CAN RNG BREED NOW! Thanks to Chiizu and everyone else involved in this wonderful program.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
When I generate seeds for a flawless physical spread (using parent iv's), I find one (8th IV frame no problem). I search for a Jolly nature, one comes up, says it has PID frame 72 = Jolly. Great.

Now when I go to seed inspector, type in parent IV's (not using ditto or everstone), and generate all the nature frames, I find PID 72 is my Jolly.

But it only has three of the 31's guaranteed. The other stats are left blank. How do I RNG them to be 31? I'll be trying to hit this seed to post my results, but I think this was the problem I was having earlier with another pokemon.

Further edit:

Got it... ^_^;
For anyone reading this later and thinking back on my foolishness, I was under the impression that all eggs would have the flawless IV spread outside the parent's inherited IV's. I now understand that's not the case. WOO I CAN RNG BREED NOW! Thanks to Chiizu and everyone else involved in this wonderful program.
As you surmised, the Egg Seed Searcher searches for patterns that will produce the desired results based on the parents' IVs. That means that the spread it finds for the non-inherited IVs doesn't need to be perfect. In the case of the seed in your screenshot, only SPD and SPE are perfect IVs on IV frame 8, but it's enough to produce your physical flawless result.

And if you want to see all IVs in the Eggs tab of the Seed Inspector, check the box that says "IV Frame", which is defaulted to frame 8. Then it will know what IVs to fill in for the non-inherited IVs.

Has anyone tried to RNG a DW Male Nidoran? No matter what seed I've tried, I keep getting only females. Even if the Gender tab is M/M/M/M. I have tried with both a Nidoran as the father and with a random other poke.

Any ideas?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
That question belongs in the help thread. In post 3 (PIDRNG info), it says that Nidoran and Illumise/Volbeat species determination is not from the gender part of the PID.

It is an entirely separate call (0 or 1). 0 is for female. You are trying to use an everstone, but the species determination is taking the 0 from what you thought was everstone.

Pick one where it is not everstoneable. It will have the everstone result from the previous frame.

Sorry about the mispost then. As you can probably tell, I'm a bit new here so this is the only PPRNG thread I know. I also don't really get what you're saying, but maybe I just need to play around with it a bit more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)