Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Has anyone tried to RNG a DW Male Nidoran? No matter what seed I've tried, I keep getting only females. Even if the Gender tab is M/M/M/M. I have tried with both a Nidoran as the father and with a random other poke.
That question belongs in the help thread.
I appreciate your help guiding people to solutions, but I think this is a legitimate question for this thread, since at the moment PPRNG doesn't give this information (giant update including this and other missing functionality, speed ups, etc. coming "real soon now").

In post 3 (PIDRNG info), it says that Nidoran and Illumise/Volbeat species determination is not from the gender part of the PID.

It is an entirely separate call (0 or 1). 0 is for female. You are trying to use an everstone, but the species determination is taking the 0 from what you thought was everstone.

Pick one where it is not everstoneable. It will have the everstone result from the previous frame.
For someone not steeped in RNG research / abuse, the above explanation doesn't really make any sense. It's not wrong, just very unclear.

Sorry about the mispost then. As you can probably tell, I'm a bit new here so this is the only PPRNG thread I know. I also don't really get what you're saying, but maybe I just need to play around with it a bit more.
If you can wait for another week or so (barring unforeseen and not improbable delays) there will be a new version that will tell you what species you will get in the Nidoran M/F and Volbeat/Illumise cases.

Thanks chiizu! I figured out that if I don't use an Everstone, then it seems like whatever gender the 3rd tab (50-50 ratio) says is the one that I get. Maybe that will help anyone else who is having this same trouble until the update comes out.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
PPRNG 1.5.0 has been released.

It's taken a long time, and it's a big update. Hopefully I didn't introduce any big bugs.

See the first post of the thread for details.

Edit:
I accidentally set the default maximum IV search frame in the Standard Seed Searcher to 5 instead of 6. You will want to set it to 6 to include seeds where you walk 128 steps with 5 Pokemon in your party. As this is a minor issue, it will be fixed whenever the next version is released.

hey chiizu, thanks so much for releasing the new PPRNG. However, I see two new things. The first is that the dates come out in different orders. I had a seed go from 5/21 to 12/12 then to 6/13. Also, the PID starting frame is 45 and the target frame is 147, but when I tested it on the older version of PPRNG, the target frame was 148.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
The first is that the dates come out in different orders. I had a seed go from 5/21 to 12/12 then to 6/13.
This is because of the multi-threaded searching, which splits the search space across multiple threads running in parallel. It is not a bug or problem. You can click on any column to sort by that column, though it only sorts what is already in the window at the time you click.

rubixlx0 said:
Also, the PID starting frame is 45 and the target frame is 147, but when I tested it on the older version of PPRNG, the target frame was 148.
I assume you are talking about some specific seed that you searched for, but what you wrote isn't very specific. The numbers assigned to frames may have changed slightly between versions, but that shouldn't be an issue. If you have a specific issue where you advance the specified number of frames from the start frame to the target frame and didn't hit the right encounter, please post more information about the seed so that I can investigate.

Please also note that frame numbers for different encounter types are slightly different, but that the Standard Seed Searcher shows only an estimate. You should open the seed inspector to find the actual frame number you should hit.

What I was saying was that in PPRNG 1.5, the target frame for my shiny is 91, and the starting PID frame is 47. In PPRNG 1.2, the target frame for my shiny is 92.

edit: the starting PID calculator doesn't work. I saw that I wasn't hitting my seed, so I switched to the old version and found the starting frame manually, and I saw that the frame was 52 instead of 45.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
What I was saying was that in PPRNG 1.5, the target frame for my shiny is 91, and the starting PID frame is 47. In PPRNG 1.2, the target frame for my shiny is 92.
I understood what you were saying. Did you understand what I was saying about the number assigned to the frame not mattering much?
I saw that I wasn't hitting my seed, so I switched to the old version and found the starting frame manually, and I saw that the frame was 52 instead of 45.
Please post the seed so that I can investigate the problem.

I'm not well versed in RNG'ing, but I have been having a lot of trouble RNG'ing a ferroseed egg. I have the specific IV's of both my parents, and have generated the PID frames for this particular seed to inspect what my PID frame is without advancement. I most often hit C7C whenever I go for any stationary encounter (which should follow through for everything) but can sometimes hit C7D.

Now my problem lies in that the eggs I get most frequently are not amongst any PID's for my seed (checked from 0-100), with the PID i'm trying to hit being 74. I have, on the off-chance (twice in many, many attempts) gotten what I believe to be PID frame 61 of my seed, though with the consistency of what I have been getting, I don't know what to think of it. I searched through potential C7D frames in the same starting time area and found nothing similar to the egg I keep hatching.

Not sure if this has something to do with PPRNG in specific. I have RNG'd a regular grass encounter to ensure my parameters are correct, it's just hatching eggs. This is also kind of weird, since I RNG'd an egg not too long ago, though that was a Gible.

I should add, I'm not using ditto nor everstone.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG

edit: the starting PID calculator doesn't work. I saw that I wasn't hitting my seed, so I switched to the old version and found the starting frame manually, and I saw that the frame was 52 instead of 45.
I checked out your seed, and there's no problem with the initial PID calculation (it matches RNG Reporter's calculation for that seed, if that matters to you). From what you have written, it looks like you are doing egg breeding (it would be helpful if you were more specific). You are never ever going to hit your initial PID frame when breeding eggs because of the NPCs in the area that will advance the PID frame before you can pick up the egg, and there's no way for any program to predict the behavior of the NPCs. If you start the game, wait one second, and then resave you will most likely find that your starting frame of 52 has changed if you reset, because the NPCs are now saved in different positions.

In general, the initial PID frame is only an indication of the lowest possible frame you can hit, and not a guaranteed initial frame, because things like NPCs can advance the frame before you have a chance to encounter a Pokemon, pick up the egg, etc.

As for the difference in frame number, I changed slightly how egg frames are generated to include the species calculation that comes into play when breeding with Nidoran-F or Illumise. Because of that, the frame numbers changed. As I mentioned before, the number is just an indication of an offset from something rather than being an absolute number. So, even though the frame number assigned to a given row has changed between the two versions, nothing meaningful has changed.

I'm not well versed in RNG'ing, but I have been having a lot of trouble RNG'ing a ferroseed egg. I have the specific IV's of both my parents, and have generated the PID frames for this particular seed to inspect what my PID frame is without advancement. I most often hit C7C whenever I go for any stationary encounter (which should follow through for everything) but can sometimes hit C7D.

Now my problem lies in that the eggs I get most frequently are not amongst any PID's for my seed (checked from 0-100), with the PID i'm trying to hit being 74. I have, on the off-chance (twice in many, many attempts) gotten what I believe to be PID frame 61 of my seed, though with the consistency of what I have been getting, I don't know what to think of it. I searched through potential C7D frames in the same starting time area and found nothing similar to the egg I keep hatching.

Not sure if this has something to do with PPRNG in specific. I have RNG'd a regular grass encounter to ensure my parameters are correct, it's just hatching eggs. This is also kind of weird, since I RNG'd an egg not too long ago, though that was a Gible.

I should add, I'm not using ditto nor everstone.
What people commonly do is immediately after picking up the egg, they fly to somewhere like Victory Road and immediately catch a Pokemon to check its IVs before spending time to hatch the egg. This will tell you if you hit your seed, because the IVs of the caught Pokemon should start on IV frame 14 (or 14 + however many Pokemon in your party if you walk too much). You can then use the Adjacents tab with these IVs to see if you landed on an adjacent seed. I certainly won't rule out a bug in PPRNG, but I expect this is just a general RNG abuse issue you're having and nothing specific to the program.

Update on the Ferroseed:

Originally it was giving me PID frame 74, now it's giving me 73. Apparently that's ahppening to a lot of people. It's telling me my PID start (GREAT NEW FEATURE!) is 49, which is odd considering I was getting PID frame 61. I'll update this post as my efforts continue.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Update on the Ferroseed:

Originally it was giving me PID frame 74, now it's giving me 73. Apparently that's ahppening to a lot of people. It's telling me my PID start (GREAT NEW FEATURE!) is 49, which is odd considering I was getting PID frame 61. I'll update this post as my efforts continue.
Please read the first part of my previous post above, which explains both the change in egg frame number in 1.5.0 and the difference between the initial PID frame that is calculated and the actual PID frame you can hit while breeding.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Loving the update chizu! Especially the fact that the program now determines your initial PID frame, so you don't waste time figuring it out. Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks for the update, chiizu! ^__^
Of course, you had to add nidoran gender calculations after I already bred mine. xD
Like everyone else, I like that you added the Initial PID calculation. =)
Keep up the good work! =D

Well I ewad a few first pages and kinda figured out what I was doing. Im so used to RNGReporter but got a new macbook so I have both. Trying to RNG a shiny growlithe, i know my sid and all of that stuff, you think you could check it out if I PM you my info to the exact?

I seem to be hitting my flawless spreads, but its not shiny, I'm pretty sure my wander NPC is messing me up :(

I love the program it looks so much better :D

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I seem to be hitting my flawless spreads, but its not shiny, I'm pretty sure my wander NPC is messing me up :(
If you are hitting your IV spread but not your shiny, then your PID frame is being affected by something (most likely the NPC you mentioned). If you are getting the nature, characteristic, etc. that matches, then you most likely have your SID wrong.

If you ask in one of the appropriate Wi-fi forum threads I'm sure you can find someone to help you out. I don't have the time these days to do the personal support you are requesting, unfortunately.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I need some help. I can't type in the date in the DS Parameter Searcher. Here is a Screenshot I took: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/smogon1.jpg/
I'm going to need some additional information.

1. What version of PPRNG?
  2. What exactly happens when you type? Nothing at all? Does the system make a beeping/ping/whatever sound you've setup?
  3. Does the window open with the date blank? If so, please open the Console application located in Applications/Utilities and tell me if any log line appears there when you open the window.
  4. What OS version?
  5. What language?
  6. What keyboard mapping?
  7. What are the date formats set in your System Preferences (look in the Formats tab of Language & Text (if in Snow Leopard - might somewhere else in Leopard) - there should be 4 formats)?

I'm going to need some additional information.

1. What version of PPRNG?
  2. What exactly happens when you type? Nothing at all? Does the system make a beeping/ping/whatever sound you've setup?
  3. Does the window open with the date blank? If so, please open the Console application located in Applications/Utilities and tell me if any log line appears there when you open the window.
  4. What OS version?
  5. What language?
  6. What keyboard mapping?
  7. What are the date formats set in your System Preferences (look in the Formats tab of Language & Text (if in Snow Leopard - might somewhere else in Leopard) - there should be 4 formats)?
My version is 1.5.0.
I cannot type anything in the date bar and there is a beep when i try to type in letters except for A and P.
The date is blank when I open the window and there isn't a log line when I open the window. (I hope Terminal is the Console application.)
My OS version is 10.5.8.
The language is german.
I don't know what you mean by keyboard mapping. Well, I have a QWERTZ keyboard.
My date format is short.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
My version is 1.5.0.
I cannot type anything in the date bar and there is a beep when i try to type in letters except for A and P.
The date is blank when I open the window and there isn't a log line when I open the window. (I hope Terminal is the Console application.)
My OS version is 10.5.8.
The language is german.
I don't know what you mean by keyboard mapping. Well, I have a QWERTZ keyboard.
My date format is short.
Thanks for the info.

Does typing numbers do anything? How about clicking the up/down arrows next to the date field?

The Console application is not the Terminal; I'm not sure what the German name is (Konsol?). The icon is shown on this page. If there is a log line in there, that will be the most helpful thing.

Your keyboard mapping is German, I'm going to assume (it's under Input Sources in the Language & Text section of the System Preferences). I doubt this is an issue.

What is your exact short date format? DD/MM/YYYY?

Thanks for the info.

Does typing numbers do anything? How about clicking the up/down arrows next to the date field?

The Console application is not the Terminal; I'm not sure what the German name is (Konsol?). The icon is shown on this page. If there is a log line in there, that will be the most helpful thing.

Your keyboard mapping is German, I'm going to assume (it's under Input Sources in the Language & Text section of the System Preferences). I doubt this is an issue.

What is your exact short date format? DD/MM/YYYY?
I have just fixed my problem. I simply changed the date format from DD/MM/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY. Thanks for the help!

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I have just fixed my problem. I simply changed the date format from DD/MM/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY. Thanks for the help!
PPRNG just uses the built in OS X date functionalities so it shouldn't be affected by the date format, but it's good to know that your problem was resolved. I'll do some testing with other formats and see if I can figure anything out.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)