Project PU Player of the Week 5: Simipour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by WhiteDMist
OP stolen from Leer in RU, who stole it from Lord Alphose and xzern from NU.
Past Players of the Week: Magnemite, galbia, gasquakee, scorpdestroyer

Welcome to an experience unlike any seen before (bar in every other tier and some OMs), PU Player of the Week. This weekly thread hopes to capitalize and promote good players in the metagame, while helping newer players by giving advice and showing effective strategies in the metagame.

Most known for: Shittiest name change, PU Room Moderator, PU Council Member, hosting PU Replays Thread and Good Cores, still waiting on last QC check for Bibarel, monkey, 4-1 in PUPL, losing to the don kingtnumbers in PUPL, beating a player that cost $26,500 in the draft twice (damn it Anty)
Favorite Pokemon (PU): Simipour
Most used Pokemon: Mr. Mime​
Twix: How did you come to join Smogon?
Simipour: After I started hanging out in the PU chat a bit, I started clicking on links in the room intro that lead me to the forums. I wasn't actively using the forums until after I got voice or driver in PU (can't remember) and the rest is history I guess.
Twix: When and how did you come to join PU?
SimipourL I had never really enjoyed higher tiers and I had just heard about the "PU" Dun Deal made and it sounded pretty interested so I figured I would try it. It turned out it was totally different but I really enjoyed it from the start. I started hanging out in the PU chat to ask questions and stuff and I guess the rest is history.

Twix: What is it like to be the a new PU council member?
Simipour: It's pretty cool to get a say in what happens in the tier. I'll probably get a bit busier once the tier shifts take place though.

Twix: What do you think will become more used due to the recent tier shift?
Simipour: Water-types in general, especially Barbaracle and Carracosta. I honestly think Carracosta got better than Barbaracle due to the shifts since it has like 0 counters with its Ice Beam set, but other water such as Floatzel and Simipour will get really popular too.

Twix: What Pokemon do you wish would drop to PU?
Simipour: Altaria (non-mega), Serperior (non-Contrary), Bouffalant, Scyther, and Rotom-Fan. Bouffalant was my favorite mon to use at the time it was in the tier so I'd especially love to have it back. I would honestly be happy if we got anything though lol.

Twix: Underrated and Overrated Pokemon in the metagame?
Simipour: Underrated: Mr. Mime is a great revenge killer and Healing Wish support is so good right now, while Fraxure is so hard to check and it can Taunt and stuff to avoid burns and stuff too, and Vullaby, which checks a ton of the meta while having Defog and U-turn definitely needs more usage.

Overrated: Ursaring and Clefairy; I don't know what it is about Ursaring, but it's just worn down so quickly and I find every time I use it, it's just revenge killed by a faster Pokemon. Clefairy is great and all, but the tier has become so offensive and prepared for Clefairy (rise in usage of stuff like Arbok and Substitute + Nasty Plot Ninateles, etc.) that it really isn't as good as it used to be.

Twix: What's your favorite playstyle in the tier, and which do you feel is underrated?
Simipour: Offense, the games are usually fast paced and I can take control of games by making double switches and such; If I had to name a playstyle underrated, I would have to say bulky offense.

Twix: What are some creative sets you've made in the metagame?
Simipour: Swords Dance Natural Gift Armaldo and Hypnosis Mr. Mime. Can't really think of much else, I'm not much of an innovator.

Twix: Who are some improving users in the metagame from your prospective?
Simipour: Optical Real (or whatever alt he's on lol) and Ztstaffo; Optical has always been an amazing player but he doesn't talk much so most don't know him. Ztstaffo is somewhat new but he's learning fast and he just got promoted to voice.
Twix: What is your advice towards newer players in the tier?
Simipour: Never underestimate your opponents, no matter what their team looks like or what you've heard about them.

What are your thoughts on this week's interview? If you have extra questions for Simipour, feel free to ask them in the comments, and if you want a player interviewed, feel free to leave a post on my profile.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Left Twix or right Twix .-.
why do you think natural gift SD armaldo is a good innovation or worth mentioning ever (back me up Magnemite)
thoughts on gasquakee and anty (spot the relevancy hint pupl)

Why is SD Lansat Armaldo the best set ever in the post tier shift meta?

mfk bouffalant, carracosta, barbaracle

why would you ever want scyther back it's so broken

Left Twix or right Twix .-.
neither
why do you think natural gift SD armaldo is a good innovation or worth mentioning ever (back me up Magnemite)
natural gift looks cool in battle
thoughts on gasquakee and anty (spot the relevancy hint pupl)
gasquakee is underpriced, anty is overpriced. both are cool though :]
Why is SD Lansat Armaldo the best set ever in the post tier shift meta?
like i said to zard, looks cool
mfk bouffalant, carracosta, barbaracle
m: bouff, k: costa, f: barb
why would you ever want scyther back it's so broken
i want my old sample back ;_;

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Why did you decide to become some kind of Jamaican water monkey? The Office is much cooler ;_;

Why do your Hypnosis always hit, but your Sleep Powders always miss?

Cool strategies to abuse since the most recent tier shift? I built something around Memento Jumpluff --> DD Fraxure / SS Barb, it's really OP atm.

Favorite episode of the Office?

Post one of your drawings from http://www.pokedraw.net :]

Why did you decide to become some kind of Jamaican water monkey? The Office is much cooler ;_;
i was feeling hot, hot, hot
Why do your Hypnosis always hit, but your Sleep Powders always miss?
mr.meme loves me
Cool strategies to abuse since the most recent tier shift? I built something around Memento Jumpluff --> DD Fraxure / SS Barb, it's really OP atm.
water spam, but that sounds really cool tbh
Favorite episode of the Office?
either Goodbye Toby or Finale
Post one of your drawings from http://www.pokedraw.net :]

its a mankey lel

What was your thought process when making the worst name change ever?

How do you feel about your PUPL experience?

Opinions on newest tier leader Magnemite?

Newest favorite PU thing to use?

Is DOUBLE WEATHER still godly?

post favorite meme.

1.) Why are you so ez to predict oml
2.) Opinions on user: gasquakee and his ability to win one more game than you as well as lose one less
3.) Is Palpitoad God yet
4.) If you could have any NU Pokémon drop (not Poliwrath), what would it be?
5.) mfk, galbia, Magnetite, Dell

What was your thought process when making the worst name change ever?
i was trying to get it as bad as "gasquake". still haven't managed to achieve that :/
How do you feel about your PUPL experience?
it was honestly really fun to get a lot of high quality battles, can't wait for next year
Opinions on newest tier leader Magnemite?
hes cool :] he deserves it too
Newest favorite PU thing to use?
probably floatzel
Is DOUBLE WEATHER still godly?
sigh
post favorite meme.
1.) Why are you so ez to predict oml
im not ;_;
2.) Opinions on user: gasquakee and his ability to win one more game than you as well as lose one less
pretty lucky ngl. i guess hes sorta underrated for going undefeated or w/e
3.) Is Palpitoad God yet
n
4.) If you could have any NU Pokémon drop (not Poliwrath), what would it be?
bouffalant
5.) mfk, galbia, Magnetite, Dell
tough one tbh, ill go with m: Dell, f: Magnemite k: galbia

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
Favourite The Office character?

Thoughts on Simicyook?

Favourite food?

Who do you look up to as a PU player?

Which dundie award would you want to win?

Favourite The Office character?
this is a tough one, but im gonna have to say Dwight
Thoughts on Simicyook?
dank meme, still not as good as simipour
Favourite food?
steak
Who do you look up to as a PU player?
billy diam0nd (lel) i actually don't really look up to anybody, i sorta just do my own thing
Which dundie award would you want to win?
hottest in the office award

Twix: What are some creative sets you've made in the metagame?
Simipour: Swords Dance Natural Gift Armaldo and Hypnosis Mr. Mime. Can't really think of much else, I'm not much of an innovator.
RIP the lord set D:

dont spoil american office for me more pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)