Project PU Player of the Week 6: Anty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by WhiteDMist
OP stolen from Leer in RU, who stole it from Lord Alphose and xzern from NU.
Past Players of the Week: Magnemite, galbia, gasquakee, scorpdestroyer

Welcome to an experience unlike any seen before (bar in every other tier and some OMs), PU Player of the Week. This weekly thread hopes to capitalize and promote good players in the metagame, while helping newer players by giving advice and showing effective strategies in the metagame.

Anty
Most Known For: Being Bad, PU Council Member and C&C Mod, duck, "everything is bad", hosting Creative / Effective Sets Thread, former host of PUPL replays thread, Unfezantyranitar
Favorite Pokemon: Swalot / Wormadam-T
Most Used Pokemon: Piloswine / Zebstrika​

Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
Hi, Im an edgy teen and I enjoy spending time with my friends (yeah i dont do much outside of smogon). I also really like animals, i have a cat and a dog, as well as music and sport
Where did you get your name from?
Runsescape (before mag/nova made it cool). Im not sure how I got the name, but I think after many attempts of getting better names which were taken, I just listed a bunch of words and when i typed ant, anty(numbers) came up. When i joint smogon I was anty208 (different to my runescape one), and then got changed to Anty since who wants numbers on their name
How did you come to discover and join PU?
I played a bit of OMs in gen5, and I especcially enjoyed PU since i could use some of my favourite pokes, like dodrio and wormadam. Then one day in gen6 i saw that PU was a thing again, joint irc, and saw fagtron (who i already knew a bit) and galbia, and built a team.
What is it like to be on the PU Council and being a self proclaimed C&C Goderator?
Being in council is nice to make plebs like Kingler12345 know that you are better than them. Seriously though, its nice to be a part of the tiering, and make more respected posts (I used to be a lot worse). Modding is nice, though that adds to the work load and i havent been able to infract anyone yet :(
Do you feel anything in the metagame in unbalanced? If so, what?
Carracost and Barbaracle are two mons which I (like many others) feel are definitely suspect worthy (so far im leaning towards ban on both). Otherwise I don't think anything else is broken, but if the two smashers go, the spotlight may shift onto other mons like floatzel
Building off of that, what changes would you make to the tier if you could?
Outside of banning barbaracle/carracosta, a hazard suspect (either spikes or stealth rock) would be fun due to the centralising and our lack of solid hazard removal although i doubt that will happen. A more realistic one would be a ban of dynamic punch, but I don't think that is too much of a problem.
What is your favorite playstyle in the metagame?
Definitely bulky offense. PU is clearly an offensive metagame due to how many amazing offensive threats we have, but having a defensive backbone is also helpful for a lot of those threats (particularly zebby). Lately I have been enjoying hyper/heavy offense (not sure on the exact definitions of both), with one tank rocker (like pilo) then jumpluff (usually), a couple set up sweepers and wallbreaker, as well as a RKer
What are some underrated and overrated Pokemon in your opinion?
Underrated: Monferno (not just SD set), Dodrio (this may be a-rank but not enough people use it), Purugly, and Metang

Overrated: Stoutland, defensive Tangela, and non-venipede suicide leads
Who are some rising stars in the metagame from your perspective?
Zstaffo has come out of nowhere and made intelligent posts, and also cycliccompund who has recently come back recently (not sure if he will stay at PU, but hopefully he will n_n)
Who are some of your favorite people from the Smogon community?
Ah there are so many people. I met galbia and Magnemite at the start of gen6 PU and have been in chats with them for a long time. Through them i got into other chats and met users like Kingler12345, along with the legendary Minus and many more. Not gonna list everyone cuz that would take ages
What is some advice to newer players to the tier?
Obviously look at the viability rankings and read wdm's guide, and also lurk a bit on the forums instead of jumping right in and dont be afraid to ask questions on PS or even ask for battles.
Can you provide a team that reflects you as a player with an explanation of how it works?

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Iron Tail

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Seed Bomb
- Facade
- Baton Pass

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

I havent really been motivated to build lately, but this is a team i have been using a lot. It is basically wearing down the foes team in hopes to clean with fraxure (runs iron tail since my team is walled by clef) or even zebstrika. Specs mime is excellent at doing this due to its ability to come in on double switches then pressure the opponent hard since there isnt much that can switch in (I personally like baiting in rose with politoed, then doubling to mime). It is a bit weak to Jolly barbaracle and can be annoyed by roselia, but its fun to use.

What are your thoughts on this week's interview? If you have extra questions for Anty, feel free to ask them in the comments, and if you want a player interviewed, feel free to leave a post on my profile.

Last edited by a moderator:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why have you randomly decided to hate on perfectly viable things like servine?

why do you hate on the amazing krokorok?

would you consider being a manager for the next PUPL?

favorite pizza?

favorite sport?

better memer? Robert Alfons or Kushalos

edit: also, favorite character in the office?

Last edited:

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why do you like ducks over every other animal?
Favourite music?
What do you miss about XY PU?
Do you like The Office?
Is How I Met Your Mother a great show?
Is Coby Smulders great?
What does "[ ] Not Rekt [✔] Very Rekt" mean?

Last edited:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
did you ever eat duck? it's good shit.

how does it feel to be a talentless hack that got bought for 26.5k?

rate this song (and the song title tbh)

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am my favorite person from the PU community.
but you're nobody elses

Why have you randomly decided to hate on perfectly viable things like servine?
Why have you randomly decided to hate on me hating on shit mons
Basically simisage is better

why do you hate on the amazing krokorok?
Krok is p mediocre bc we have other rockers which can actually do stuff, and krok has a terrible matchup with most good mons

would you consider being a manager for the next PUPL?
I wanted to be a manager for this one :C

favorite pizza?
margharita

favorite sport?
fucking.

Probably football (not the american kind tho)

Recently kush has been better. Fagtron is best when he shits on people which he hasnt done recently "/

edit: also, favorite character in the office?
Pam is bae

Why do you like ducks over every other animal?
I dont really like them more, they just happen to have great gifs

Favourite music?
Anything by Taylor Swift

What do you miss about XY PU?
Serperior was amazing. Also heatmor was fun but that was before i realised simisear is mostly better, but then again that meta was a lot bulkier so wallbreakers were better

Do you like The Office?
Yes. Im well over 4 seasons through in like 3 weeks

Is How I Met Your Mother a great show?
Its alright. The last episode really ruined it

Is Coby Smulders great?
Hot AF

What does "[ ] Not Rekt [✔] Very Rekt" mean?
It means you got rekt

list all the "bad" mons in order go
Although this is an overused meme, I mainly use it on stuff which people think is alright (so overrated mons). Going from worst to slightly better but still trash:
Drifblim (king of mediocracy)
Agility Kingler (apparently being stronger pre set up is a decent niche for a set up sweeper
Krokorok (might be c- standard but shouldnt be used on an actual team)
Lunatone (galbia hates this the most, it actually loses 1v1 to every mon even croagunk
Servine (mainly this high bc people wanted it to go to b rank lmao)
Wigglytuff (im p sure this is used as a joke anyway)
Solrock (this is better than the two above but still mediocre)
Quiladin (this isnt too shit but it was hard to justify use over tang/tort/gourg)

God rank: staryu

note: when I said scarf mime is bad I meant that as a revenge killer (slower than barb and cant do shit to regice w/o focus blast)

did you ever eat duck? it's good shit.
No, I don't eat meat

how does it feel to be a talentless hack that got bought for 26.5k?

rate this song (and the song title tbh)
The song really speaks to me. I actually know somebody who has lost their virginity in a similar manner but I do not think that is how it sounded

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What drove you to leave doubles? Out of all tiers to leave dubs for, why specifically did you pick pu instead of something like ou/ubers and reading through the interview what leads you to love the amazing mons such as dodrio and wormadam?????? What are your thoughts on male pallard ducks? Do you like user iplaytennislol? Plz answer

Lets see...

1.- Are you a Boy or a Girl? (Prof Oak told me to do this one)
2.- Do you think that PU is your favourite tier? Why is that?
3.- What do you think we should do to make PU a Smogon legal tier?
4.- Which pokes should get a mega evolution ASAP?
5.- What should come first. Pokemon Z or Gen VII?
6.- What do you think of me? :3

Just those for now...

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
2 more questions Anty:

why do you consider yourself as an edgy teen?

do you like anime? what anime?

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
when are you letting everyone finally hear your presumably lovely voice?
ONE DAY MAYBE STOP BOTHERING ME

What drove you to leave doubles? Out of all tiers to leave dubs for, why specifically did you pick pu instead of something like ou/ubers and reading through the interview what leads you to love the amazing mons such as dodrio and wormadam?????? What are your thoughts on male pallard ducks? Do you like user iplaytennislol? Plz answer
1. I dislike doubles metagame. Despite how articblast claims it is amazing, I still find that there are similar issues to singles, like constant 50/50's with the move protect and lead matchup is also more important
2. At the time I went to PU I was still playing doubles (I left doubles a bit after oras and started PU in august/september). I also enjoyed RU at that time, but I stopped RU because of exams really (I carried on w/ PU instead as I was much more in the community). I like dodrio and wormadam due to their looks, as well as fond memories of ruby/platinum
4. Indian racing ducks are significantly better

5. iplaytennislol is nice, though he lost to kingler12345 which is quite hard even when kingler had a counter team

Lets see...

1.- Are you a Boy or a Girl? (Prof Oak told me to do this one)
2.- Do you think that PU is your favourite tier? Why is that?
3.- What do you think we should do to make PU a Smogon legal tier?
4.- Which pokes should get a mega evolution ASAP?
5.- What should come first. Pokemon Z or Gen VII?
6.- What do you think of me? :3

Just those for now...
1. Boy
2. The community is cool, and also i like the offensive nature of the tier
3. Suck SS off. At least 3 of them are gay so you can help
4. Delcatty/Corsola, they are both under developed af (less than 400 base stats)
5. I would rather gen7 since that might mean there would be enough pokes to make PU official (idrk how it works tbh), but Z seems a lot more likely looking at recent korokoros
6. I would think of you as a god if you suck some of the SS off to make PU official

2 more questions Anty:

why do you consider yourself as an edgy teen?

do you like anime? what anime?
1. I didnt chose the title, an unamed user chose it for me
2. I dislike anime, though i watch pokemon anime occasionally (mega evolution act 4 hype)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)