1. The moderators of this forum are galbia, Akir, and Megazard.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Resource PU Squad Dump

Discussion in 'PU' started by Haund, Aug 26, 2017.

1. SergioRules

SergioRules

Hi I wanted to drop a team since I'm out of PU Open and will probably not get picked for PUPL so I have nothing to lose. (Note: I had a bunch more good teams I was planning on dropping but almost all of them had Scyther oops)

MUDSDALE BULKY OFFENSE
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]/[​IMG]
    Importable (open)

Mudsdale @ Choice Band
    Ability: Stamina
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Heavy Slam
    - Close Combat
    - Toxic

Lumineon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Defog
    - Scald
    - U-turn
    - Toxic

Charizard @ Firium Z
    Ability: Solar Power
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Sunny Day
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost
    - Solar Beam

Regirock @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 16 Def / 164 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Thunder Wave

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Volt Switch
    - Air Slash
    - Pain Split

Simisage @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Rock Slide
    - Knock Off
    - Gunk Shot
    - Seed Bomb

OR

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Happiness: 0
    Jolly Nature
    - Leaf Blade
    - Knock Off
    - X-Scissor
    - Frustration / Facade

Description (open)

Made with Twix's core of Band Mudsdale and Z-Sunny Day Charizard, this team has functioned pretty well for me. The two core mons are extremely effective wallbreakers with Mudsdale doing massive damage to anything in the tier and Charizard helping versus grasses and bulky waters with Fire Blast and Solar Beam respectively. Toxic is used on Dale to cripple and wear down would-be checks when they try to switch in. Roost gives Zard some more staying presence and the rest of their sets are fairly self explanatory. Lumineon acts as a water check for both of these mons and also hazard control for zard as well as wearing down more bulky mons with Toxic. Regirock is the Stealth Rock setter and also acts as a check to Pyroar and other fires. EVs are to live a Solar Power Charizard's Solar Beam after rocks and KO back, though this is only useful if you're using Leafeon over Simisage. Rotom Fan is a Fighting and Ground check and also can spread burns to cripple physical attackers. The last slot I wanted a check to Lilligant. I prefer Simisage as its higher speed does allow you to better revenge possible scarf threats with base 100 speed while Leafeon is a better check to Ground and Water types and has more power.
  2. Rwby

Rwby :3c :3c :3c :3c :3c :3c :3c :3c :3c :3c
    is a Pre-Contributor

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Workshop Team (open)

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Taunt

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
    Ability: Scrappy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
    Modest Nature
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Stealth Rock

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Defiant
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

Guzzlord @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 252 SpA / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dark Pulse
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Fire Blast

Lycanroc @ Rockium Z
    Ability: Sand Rush
    Jolly Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance
    - Accelerock
    - Fire Fang

We made a Workshop team yay! We decided to go with hazard stacking and wanted to abuse the new drops so we went with the core of Qwilfish+Kangaskhan, which is a very standard core for abusing spike stacking. We then went with Mesprit to give a nice ground resist and allow us to set up rocks and also pressure Sab and other dark types (along with the Weezing+Skunk core). Then we wanted something to deter the use of defog and we also wanted a decent revenge killer, so we decided to go with scarf Primeape. Finally the last two slots were to patch up some holes left in the team; we wanted a blanket check to special attackers so we decided to go with specs AV Guzzlord and we then finally chose to go with SD Z-move Lycanroc as our sweeper and second revenge killer.

Thanks to everyone who turned up it was good fun boop!

Logs (open)

Replay (open)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  3. Lakeredman

Lakeredman

Show Hide

Kecleon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Drain Punch
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Substitute

Mesprit @ Choice Band
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Zen Headbutt
    - U-turn
    - Fire Punch
    - Trick

Carracosta @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Solid Rock
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Waterfall
    - Knock Off
    - Rock Slide

Abomasnow @ Icium Z
    Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Punch
    - Mach Punch

Honedge @ Eviolite
    Ability: No Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Brave Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Rock Slide
    - Gyro Ball
    - Sacred Sword
    - Toxic

Hello, ladies and gentlemen of the Saigon forums! This is a team I built with slicklight on Pokemon Showdown! so credits to him. I decided to build around Kecleon, and this was because I promised UberSkitty I would use kecleon. Mesprit was picked to check Fighting-types, for the surprise factor of a physical set, and the fact that it pairs well with Kecleon, who can destroy dark-types with a protein boosted drain punch. Carracosta was chosen as our stealth rock user and our general tank, and could be brought in safely with u-turn. Abomasnow was originally a mixed set, but due to changing another member of the team, we decided to change to a special attacking set, which can break a lot of things with blizzard and subzero slammer. Hitmonchan removes hazards, and can revenge kill pokemon like southland with mach punch. Charizard originally filled the last slot, but due to our team's normal-type weakness, we decided to use Honedge instead. Honedge checks normal types, and is immune to toxic, thanks to its steel typing, which makes it great against normal-types and non-flamethrower Weezing. This team struggles with Alolan Raichu and other fast special attackers, but Hitmonchan remedies this to an extent. Any suggestions will be appreciated, and I hope people can put this team to use.
    Edit: thanks for moving this and adding hide tags zard
    zard edit: moved to squad dump and put hide tags on this
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    letterman4 likes this.
  4. Haund

Haund
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
    Translations Head

this is now up to date. i also moved the outdated teams to a more hidden location™ since everyone was obsessed with scyther and half the teams had it on them
    Aaronboyer likes this.
  5. Mango Smoothie

Mango Smoothie

Abomasnow Bulky Offense (V2)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    Importable (open)

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
    Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Mild Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast
    - Ice Shard

EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Mach Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - U-turn
    - Ice Beam
    - Healing Wish

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
    EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Toxic Spikes / Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Pain Split

Regirock @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Thunder Wave
    - Stealth Rock

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
    Ability: RKS System
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Multi-Attack
    - Rock Slide
    - Toxic / Swords Dance
    - Parting Shot

Description (open)

The team is built around using Abomasnow to break through opposing teams so either Silvally or Mesprit can come in and clean up. Hitmonchan spins away rocks and weakens rock/steel-types for Abomasnow, and has strong enough priority to pick off weakened threats. Scarf Mesprit was then added for some speed control and also Healing Wish to let Abomasnow break and then break a 2nd time. Qwilfish is a more sturdy fighting-type/physical attacker check and also provides Toxic Spikes which can help wear down the opposition in conjunction with all the switches Abomasnow causes. It also cripples Hitmonchan which is otherwise a pain. Regirock is my catch-all wall and sets rocks, while providing me a 2nd option for speed control (via the yellow magic). Silvally Fairy was chosen in the last spot acting as a win condition with SD or a bulky pivot with Toxic (I prefer SD because toxic spikes + t wave usually gets most things).

The team struggles somewhat with fast ghost-types like Misdreavus/Oricorio Sensu/Silvally-ghost, heavy hazards, and also Stored Power Musharna. Otherwise it can put up a fight in most matchups, and even the ones it has trouble against can be played around for the most part.

Replays (open)
  6. 2xTheTap

2xTheTap
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

upload_2017-9-30_0-5-33.png
    (trademark pending)

So, I just finished this on Netflix. Seeing Hitmonchan's 'Iron Fist' caused some neurons to fire, and after Hitmonchan became Danny Rand, the rest of the team followed suit. Enjoy the team (and the nicknames)!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Importable (open)

Danny Rand (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Punch

The Black Sky (Murkrow) @ Flyinium Z
    Ability: Insomnia
    Jolly Nature
    - Mirror Move
    - Brave Bird
    - Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit

Elektra (Eelektross) @ Assault Vest
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Volt Switch
    - Giga Drain
    - Flamethrower

Luke Cage (Aggron) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Rock Head
    Adamant Nature
    - Taunt
    - Heavy Slam
    - Head Smash
    - Stealth Rock

Claire Temple (Jynx) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Timid Nature
    - Trick
    - Lovely Kiss
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

Frank Castle (Palossand) @ Colbur Berry
    Ability: Water Compaction
    EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpA / 12 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Toxic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Earth Power
    - Shore Up

Description (open)

I built an initial version of this together with PTF, but changed it around a fair bit on my own by giving it more speed, priority, and shifting the focus from bulky balance to a more offensive team that supports Murkrow, by giving it bulky pivots and hazard removal to rely on before it cleans late-game.

Murkrow despises being worn down by SR and BB recoil, so Hitmonchan was added to spin away SR, as well as act as a soft resist to Rock-type moves and a bulky check to Lycanroc for Murkrow. Murkrow protects Hitmonchan from predicted Psychic-type moves, and can easily switch into Sleep-inducing moves like Jynx's Lovely Kiss due to Insomnia, as well as Lilligant's Sleep Powder. Lilligant really struggles to find setup opportunities here; Jolly Murkrow outspeeds Timid Lilligant, and even if it does somehow manage to QD once and score a KO, Scarf Jynx can RK Lilligant for you easily enough. Similarly, Murkrow's Sucker Punch RKs Normalium Z Jynx very easily, so sleep dependent sweepers shouldn't really do much to you here if you play well. Eelektross takes a lot of punishment and provides Murkrow with a free opportunity to setup with its slow Volt Switch, which lets Murkrow setup with Z Mirror Move (i.e. +2 Atk). Flyinium Z Brave Bird is very powerful if you just wanted to nuke something right away, and it also mitigates the damage you take (instead of being nearly dead after 2 BBs). Z Mirror Move is pretty fun, and you didn't know already, it copies the move last used against you and converts it into a Z move (assuming the Pokemon that used the move is still on the field). Hitmonchan can be run bulkier than I have it here, but there are plenty of slower Pokemon that Hitmonchan enjoys being faster than, like 252 Spe neutral nature Abomasnow, Pawniard, Jolly 252 Aggron (rare, but w/e), 120 Spe Lanturn, and more.

Next, given a double Fairy weakness, I thought an offensive Steel-type would be good for synergy, so Aggron was an easy addition for that and setting SR. Additionally, it keeps SR off the field for Murkrow via Taunt. It also keeps itself safe from Weezing's Will-O-Wisp via Taunt, as well as the rest of the team safe from Toxic Spikes to some extent. Aggron is also handy as a soft Normal check, and can easily punish stuff like Stoutland locking into Frustration by either setting SR or attacking on a predicted switch.

Eelektross performs a similar role to Aggron in terms of limiting your opponent's ability to set SR by beating down most SR users with a combination of Knock Off / Giga Drain / Flamethrower. Its slow Volt Switch allows either Jynx or Murkrow to come in without reprisal. Eelektross switches into Ground-type moves for Aggron, and is one of the team's checks to standard AcroEQ Archeops. I realize that Quiet would allow Eelektross to hit harder with Knock Off, but I thought it was more worthwhile to not be worn down by base 50s like Piloswine or Prinplup, hence its Modest spread here.

Frank Castle, aka Palossand, is really good at punishing (:o) Normal-types like Kangaskhan so that Murkrow doesn't have to worry about stuff like Fake Out later when it's trying to clean. The sand castle is also good at checking Fighting-types like Hitmonchan for Aggron, and can act as volt immunity against attackers like Raichu-A in a pinch. 32 SpA EVs let it OHKO Raichu-A after SR via Earth Power / 12 SpD EVs let Palossand survive +2 Psychic after SR / 216 Def EVs with a Bold nature yields a jump point in Defense:

32 SpA Palossand Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Raichu-Alola: 230-272 (88.1 - 104.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    +2 252 SpA Raichu-Alola Psychic vs. 248 HP / 12 SpD Palossand: 297-349 (79.6 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Lastly, I added Scarf Jynx for some immediate speed control as well as an impromptu Water immunity that can protect Aggron and Palossand, and is more or less this team's panic button for most slow setup sweepers (Trick) / faster sweepers (Lovely Kiss). Lycanroc is an exception and hits Jynx SE with its priority, but that is checked by the Punisher and the Iron Fist. You can easily outplay Sucker Punch users via Trick into a Lovely Kiss, but ideally, you should always scout for your opponent's Z crystal before clicking Trick.

This team is somewhat incomplete, as it is a bit weak to status, especially Toxic Spikes, as well as certain Fire- and Ice-types (Skuntank + Hariyama over Hitmonchan + Murkrow + Z Jynx + more Speed elsewhere might be fine for fixing this). Anyway, this team hasn't lost at all for me yet, so have some fun and test it out!

vs Evigaro http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pususpecttest-638700352
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Gorechomp, PTF, drumstick and 7 others like this.
  7. Katy

Katy

iRebel likes this.
  8. partys over

partys over

Poliwrath Rain
    This is just some rain I cooked up and got reqs with. I myself like rain with a lot of abusers, so that's the style of the team. Everything is pretty standard except for miltank and poliwrath. Miltank is a grass immunity which sets up rain and rocks as well. It's really useful and what I lead 9/10 times unless I'm fighting trick room or something. Don't really need recovery since it usually dies quickly anyways, which is good so the abusers have as many turns as possible. Poliwrath is a neat pokemon which can come in clutch sometimes. It's also a cool breaker that weakens a lot of rain checks (if you hit hypnosis). Overall a cool rain team.
    Importable (open)

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Modest Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Hydro Pump
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Beam

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

Floatzel @ Choice Specs
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Poliwrath @ Psychium Z
    Adamant Nature
    - Hypnosis
    - Belly Drum
    - Waterfall
    - Brick Break

Miltank @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Sap Sipper
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Toxic
    - Rain Dance
    - Return
    - Stealth Rock

Mesprit @ Damp Rock
    EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - U-turn
    - Healing Wish
    - Psyshock
  9. LordST

LordST

Triple Healing Wish Surprise
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Team (open)

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 80 SpD / 96 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Heavy Slam
    - Facade
    - Bullet Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
    EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic
    - U-turn
    - Healing Wish

Skuntank @ Choice Band
    Ability: Aftermath
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - Poison Jab
    - Pursuit
    - Sucker Punch

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
    Ability: Hydration
    Timid Nature
    - Scald
    - Hurricane
    - Defog
    - Roost

Lilligant @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Healing Wish
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Energy Ball

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
    Ability: Fur Coat
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Parting Shot
    - Taunt
    - Foul Play
    - Thunderbolt

I thought this would be a nice meme. I brought up how Healing Wish is such a good partner for Guts Hariyama so why not bring 3 users and effectively get 4 Hariyamas if you want to. Defensive Mesprit is the main Fighting check and first Healing Wish user. Slowish U-turn also helps bring in Hariyama for free and activate Flame Orb. Banded Skuntank checks Psychics and Ghosts that give the first two mons trouble. Flyinium Z Swanna gives me an offensive Fighting check and a way to get rid of hazards that can make it harder for Hariyama to break effectively. Even though i have Darkinium Z on Persian, z move on Swanna helps it take random Knocks from Gurdurr and Hariyama better as well as a situational way to break if i want to. Scarf Lilligant is the third Healing Wish user and a good Smash Carracosta check. Hp Ice hits the Dragons, opposing Grass types, and Oricorios that might try to switch in. Darkinium Persian A is the 3rd and final "Healing Wish" user with z Parting Shot. It also serves as a pseudo Archeops check which can destroy the team otherwise. Tbolt is there for random Swanna lure which also destroys this team.
    Aaronboyer, iRebel, Sam I Yam and 2 others like this.
  10. galbia

galbia
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnus
    PU Leader

might as well revive this 3d

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] TAILWIND SQUAD WITH GUMSHOOS [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Gumshoos has Aggron level power with Adaptability so i tried it in Tailwind because Trick Room is boring. Specs Jynx i thought would be fun with added speed late game since it has amazing coverage. Lumineon removes Toxic Spikes and can come in on some Archeops checks to gain momentum and set Tailwind, Volbeat is a fighting check that is surprisingly decent in the metagame (s/o Skankovich this is fire) and has priority encore and tailwind and also U-Turn, Archeops is the Stealth Rock user/Pinsir Check softener/cleaner in tailwind/tailwind user and Pinsir is the ultimate god since it can get Moxie going easily during Tailwind and then Me First becomes godly.

The team works because the mons share similar checks in stuff like weez/qwilfish/ferroseed so it's nice i guess

import (open)
    Show Hide
    Show Hide
    Slowbroth, jklioe, 2xTheTap and 12 others like this.
  11. jklioe

jklioe

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] Bellossom [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Yo pals, I'm pleased to share with you my satisfaction and joy with Bellossom, with me dropping this 5-minute Bellossom squad I've built, which is super quick but I mostly just fast-tracked through the teambuilding process primarily out of getting a decent opportunity to try Bellossom out. as a lot of you know, it has gotten a recent buff in Ultra Sun & Moon with its access to Strength Sap, which honestly gives it some advantages match-up wise over the more ubiquitous Lilligant as it allows it to outlast quite a few physical attackers (most notably Skuntank) and the extra bulk over Lilligant allows it to grant even more set up opportunities.

Credit goes to Anty for bringing it up in np! I figured to give my own twisting in giving Bellossom Grassinum Z, which gives Bellossom the option to either use Z-Strength Sap (and getting to +1 Defense while also lowering the opponent's Attack by one stage) or Z-Giga Drain/Energy Ball for Bloom Doom (which KOes a lot of relevant stuff after a Quiver Dance Boost). Grassinum Z also makes Bellossom Trick-proof, which is a marginal advantage but still useful to avoid being crippled by random things like Scarf Manectric or Haunter. In addition, I've also readjusted to a Timid nature, which allows Bellossom to outspeed everything up to Swanna since the extra speed that Timid provides over Modest is actually crucial in allowing you to beat all of:

Jynx: Can get to +2 or knock it out with +1 Bloom Doom before it does anything back
    Haunter: Can get to +2 before it does anything back, allowing you to have enough power and bulk to outlast it with Giga Drain or KO with Bloom Doom
    Kangaskhan (Jolly): At +1 you're faster than Jolly variants so you can easily outlast it with Strength Sap
    Swanna: You can KO this with Bloom Doom or boosted Energy Ball after rocks before it can fire off a Supersonic Skystrike, which can KO even at +1
    Zangoose: Dies to a Bloom Doom before it can go for Facade or gets beaten by Strength Sap (because then Facade+Quick Attack doesn't KO)
    Moreover, outspeeding stuff like Scarf Primeape and Jynx seemed pretty useful since although Bellossom is able to boost multiple times very easily, most of the time people are going to play pretty aggressively against this Pokemon with their Scarf user. Lastly, the filler move I've been mostly using is Safeguard, which is really cool since it allows me to actively boost against passive stuff that carries Toxic and helps to be status-proof vs Weezing's weak Sludge Bomb, and effectively allowing Bellossom to operate as a stallbreaker of sorts. You can also go with a lot of other options like Sleep Powder or Moonblast (the latter is cool since it hits Drampa)

Aside from Bellossom's role on the team, a lot of the rest of the team is rather standard (barring Scarf Togedemaru which is ACTUALLY A GOOD SET). Qwilfish is the Fighting check, Toxic Spikes absorber, and top-notch utility hazard stacker with Destiny Bond to lure Drampa. Hitmonchan is a good catch-all check for Special Attackers like Abomasnow and Magmortar, both who can trouble Bellossom. Spinning hazards away to also help in easing setup, and its strong Mach Punch is solid for threatening the likes of Jynx. Specs Mesprit breaks through a lot of ton of stuff, and puts a lot of pressure on Ground- and Fighting-type Pokemon that threaten Regirock, with Trick to lure SpDef things like Type: Null and Audino. Regirock checks Archeops, Normal-types, and Fire-types super well. Togedemaru is the team's revenge killer since its dual stab is good for picking off threats like Archeops, Lycanroc, Oricorio-G and the like. It's also a volt immunity, a momentum grabber, a faster-than-Scarf Primeape mon, and an annoyer thanks to its two STAB moves in Iron Head and Zing Zap that can sometimes Jirachi its way to victory.

Import (open)
    Bellossom @ Grassium Z
    Timid Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Giga Drain
    - Strength Sap
    - Safeguard

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
    Jolly Nature
    - Spikes
    - Waterfall
    - Taunt
    - Destiny Bond

EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 88 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
    Modest Nature
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Signal Beam
    - Trick

Regirock @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Protect
    - Earthquake

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    Jolly Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Zing Zap
    - U-turn
    - Toxic

On the real though, I'm quite surprised about how well Bellossom was able to do even against well-constructed teams. In any case, enjoy!
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017 at 2:13 PM
    2xTheTap, Slowbroth, LordST and 13 others like this.
  12. biaj

biaj

Description (open)

LittleLeaf (Meganium) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Aromatherapy
    - Dragon Tail
    - Toxic

Pikachu (Togedemaru) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Jolly Nature
    - Zing Zap
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    - Fake Out

Kitty (Pyroar) @ Firium Z
    Ability: Unnerve
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Taunt
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hyper Voice

Don'twannacatchthis (Kingler) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Jolly Nature
    - Liquidation
    - Body Slam
    - Rock Slide
    - Superpower

Floofer (Altaria) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Modest Nature
    - Toxic
    - Draco Meteor
    - Defog
    - Roost

Golem @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Sucker Punch
    - Stealth Rock

Preview

Bulky Balance based on the only PU Mega

So I just fucking like meganium. A cleric that can do some hefty damage and phaze a lot of teams while also having solid defenses good typing and a life steal makes for what I've been told is an annoying pokemon. I'm currently 1400 rating but I peaked 1.5k with this on showdown ladder earlier today.

The strategy is switch a lot poking and whittling them down until you can make a whole big enough that usually Kingler or Meganium can run through and clean up. Everything being fairly bulky while also focusing on damage means you usually can make safe switches and have favorable trades. Saccing 1-2 pokemon to put yourself in a favorable position seems to be the standard on how I've been winning.

Team is flawed but so is Meganium. Only Mega in pu figured I'd let it shine.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)