[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

And lastly, the 01337 ID is an indicator of a definite hack.
No.
01337 is a legal TID for all games, and I know there was at least one person on Pokecheck (RIP ;-;) that had RNGed that TID. And given how many games are sold there are probably quite a few people with that TID on 6th gen games too.

OT: Ash TID: 01337 is the default combo for a certain crappy hacking program, with other 01337s you need to check legality and consider the source (hint for everyone: flawless shiny from random person on GTS/WT = hack).

Is this legit? I don't see any reason it wouldn't be but I'd like to be sure before putting it in my thread
Language: English
Species: Moltres
OT: AKIRA
ID No.: 56204
IVs: 30/20/31/30/31/31
EVs (optional): 4 HP, 252 SPA, 252 SPE
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Moltres
Level: 60
Pokeball: Repeat Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Flamethrower, Hidden power, Air Slash, Roost
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: Sinnoh
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ribbons: Effort Ribbon
Other comments (optional):

Last edited:
Is this legit? I don't see any reason it wouldn't be but I'd like to be sure before putting it in my thread
Species: Moltres
OT: AKIRA
ID No.: 56204
IVs: 30/20/31/30/31/31
EVs (optional): 4 HP, 252 SPA, 252 SPE
Pokemon's name: Moltres
Level: 60
Pokeball: Repeat Ball
Moves: Flamethrower, Hidden power, Air Slash, Roost
Region of origin: Sinnoh
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ribbons: Effort Ribbon
Double check the Atk IV, it looks like FrenzyB3ar's Moltres which should be fine, but the IV spread you've listed isn't valid.
Tagging crazy_man too since he also has this listed in his trophy case with a different but also impossible IV spread.

Double check the Atk IV, it looks like FrenzyB3ar's Moltres which should be fine, but the IV spread you've listed isn't valid.
Tagging crazy_man too since he also has this listed in his trophy case with a different but also impossible IV spread.
It is either 20 or 21 according to damagecalc (123 attack uninvested at level 60), if it cannot be 20 it is probably 21 then, would that make it legal?

That's my bad, I just put down 31 HP (cause I have HP spreads drilled into my head cause of the nature of my thread) even though I was told it was 30 HP by Speedy Squirtle (the one who traded it to me).

I guess I need to look up more info on RNG stuff for Gen 4, cause I thought it was just Gen 3 that had limiting stat spreads.

Is the best way to determine if its 20 or 21 attack is just to level it?

Last edited:
So I received this on the GTS:

Language: FRE
Species: Suicune
OT: Jainn13
ID No.: 41462
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): ---
Pokemon's name: Suicune
Level: 50
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Moves: Aurora Beam, Scald, Mirror Coat, Ice Fang
Region of origin: Faraway Place (I'm playing on Y so I'm guessing its ORAS Hoenn since it has the pentagon)
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: ---
Other comments (optional): Date Met was 1/2/2014 but oral only came out in November 2014. This is somewhat odd...

Everything seems ok except for the date met. What does everyone think?

Region of origin: Faraway Place (I'm playing on Y so I'm guessing its ORAS Hoenn since it has the pentagon)
Other comments (optional): Date Met was 1/2/2014 but oral only came out in November 2014. This is somewhat odd...

Its possible to hack on the pentagon...I don't have any of my ORAS mons on x/y to verify but I don't think it should say faraway place.... (someone correct me if i'm wrong here)

Also this:
Is pretty telling

Last edited:

In all honesty, the fact that you got a 6 IV ORAS legend off the GTS is more suspicious than the date (though it could be a legitimate one from a generous person, no way to tell as far as I know).

Its possible to hack on the pentagon...I don't have any of my ORAS mons on x/y to verify but I don't think it should say faraway place.... (someone correct me if i'm wrong here)

Also this:

Is pretty telling
I'm fairly certain all ORAS mons on X and Y say faraway place, but yea the GTS part is suspicious, thats why I wanted to post here, I couldn't really believe it :P

In all honesty, the fact that you got a 6 IV ORAS legend off the GTS is more suspicious than the date (though it could be a legitimate one from a generous person, no way to tell as far as I know).
The thing about the date which confuses me is that the date received of this particular ORAS mon precedes the ORAS release date!

Anyway thanks for the advice :D I think its probably hacked

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Caught date can't be used to signal out hacks, since that can easily be changed through settings (even if there's not much of a point in it anymore). Back in Gen IV-V, you had to to change the time/date in order to RNG selective spreads, which could possibly be a reason for the odd date here.

But a good rule of thumb to live by is this: If something from the GTS seems too good to be true, it's probably not legitimate. Powersaves are available to just about anyone who doesn't mind spending a few bucks, but time and patience aren't as readily available

Species: Riolu
OT: Jimmy
ID No.: 29014
EVs (optional): None
Ability: Steadfast
Pokemon's name: Riolu
Level: 1
Pokeball: Pokeball
Shiny?: Yes
Moves: Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ribbons: None

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
Species: Riolu
OT: Jimmy
ID No.: 29014
EVs (optional): None
Ability: Steadfast
Pokemon's name: Riolu
Level: 1
Pokeball: Pokeball
Moves: Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Does it say the egg was obtained in a link trade? If so, it was a TSV hatched shiny, and therefore is legit.

If not, it could still possibly be Masuda Method bred, and therefore legal, but it's a tad bit more suspicious.

It was obtained via WT, I asked him to post here to see if it was a blantant hack. I should asked to see it first tho before requesting him to post here tho.

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
Didn't read the post, but if new Pokegen works, more or less, the same way as its Gen IV-V counterpart, it could actually help with hack checking; it'd basically be a more readily available PKHex in terms of checking oddities in Pokemon you get from trades.

Pokegen coming to gen 6 soon:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonPlaz...genning_is_coming_to_gen_6_and_the_best_part/

Because Powersaves IV codes just weren't damaging enough...
:(
We've already had this in very limited form (Cyber Gadget) for a while now, neither does too much that Powersaves didn't already, and this should allow people that only have a digital copy and a single 3DS to clone things themselves (slowly).

Didn't read the post, but if new Pokegen works, more or less, the same way as its Gen IV-V counterpart, it could actually help with hack checking; it'd basically be a more readily available PKHex in terms of checking oddities in Pokemon you get from trades.
It still uses PKHex, the news is just about injection (and possibly slightly easier dumping for retail, haven't heard much about that possible feature yet though).

The sky is not falling, if people are going to complain about this (not here btw, I will get Esmeya to throw you) complain about the fact this will mean (more than a handful of) people can clone things through battle.

Someone gave this to me for free on the PSS (one of my friends) and I am super hyped for it, but I would like to know if it is hacked.

Language:English
Species:Kyogre
OT:ICE
ID No.:63050
EVs (optional):
Ability: Drizzle
Pokemon's name: Kyogre
Level: 56
Pokeball: Master
Moves: Surf/Rock Slide/Thunder/Water Spout
Region of origin: Johto
Characteristic: Takes plenty of Siestas

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Someone gave this to me for free on the PSS (one of my friends) and I am super hyped for it, but I would like to know if it is hacked.

EVs (optional):
It's legal iirc, I don't remember what the characteristic is for that spread, but Modest/Hex is possible. Darkray, what's the characteristic for this spread?

EVs (optional):
Checked the PIDs .com posted in Pandora's Box and found no results for that TID up to a 20,000 delay (norm when not going for a novelty TID was ~5,000 iirc).

Someone else can continue the search if they want, but I would suggest you just check the PID+SID with PKHex instead if you want to know if it's truly legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)