Real Life

-Freshman high school
-Super closet nerd
- Run XC, decently fast. My 5K is 20:47
-Cello Player, spend way too much time at orchestra rehearsals
-like dog more than parents or sisters
-live in suburb of NYC

sophomore/junior software engineering. I'm def a junior by credit hours, but this is sort of my 4th semester in college, which would make me a sophomore since I withdrew last semester when my dad passed away.

I've in a 2-year relationship with a GREAT girl who went to my high school, she's studying neuroscience pre-med.

I miss pokemon but I have no time anymore :(

Another University of Michigan Computer Science student here.

I'm my freshman year here (18 years old, male obviously by the major), and I completely love the campus/academic aspects of the place. All of my professors (and even the GSIs) are really good at teaching, which I wasn't quite expecting after hearing all the horror stories about college haha. But yeah, not having too much trouble with my classes so far. Taking Calc 3, Physics I, an introduction to engineering class focusing on processing music (making synthesizers/transcribers), and a Philosophy class (Introduction to Logic). Calc 3 is the only one that's been giving me any trouble; I thought I understood everything until they start handing homework back. Still nothing I can't work through though.

Socially, I'm adjusting. In high school I had a really solid social life; I had a 30-person-ish mini-party pretty much every week Senior year, which eventually climaxed when I had 70 friends over at my graduation party. I still keep in contact with some of my closest friends from back home, but here I only have about two friends. I mean they're really awesome, and I'm slowly starting to make more now, it just isn't what I was used to at all. Never really had a love life; came close with a couple but nothing ever really developed into a real relationship, and ever since I've gotten here I don't really give a shit about finding girls anymore.

I've been playing drums for about eight years and I completely love it. I finally played in a band this summer, and while we (obviously) weren't anything huge, we got some gigs opening for some signed bands, which was a ton of fun. I also play a bit of bass and sing, but I'm much better at drumming.

Only real issues I've been having is finding some kind of extracurricular group to get involved in. Tried out for some a capella groups, a drum group, and a musical theatre group, and didn't get into any of them. That's one of the only things I don't really like about it here; a lot of it is just too competitive. I'm sure I'll find something eventually, just taking longer than I would like.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
and vader definitely blew through high school

i'm 22, living in a desert and trying to figure out what exactly i want to do with my life. presently it's eat, drink, and travel the world for reasons of pokemon, and that's working out fine enough.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I was 18 the latter half of my sr year of high school, 18 the former half of my freshman year etc etc nilay prob just has a lateish birthday

I've posted my story a lot here before, so if you want just search for posts i've made about brain tumours.

I'm an 18-year-old Australian female. I'm trying to study computer science, but my bad health keeps interfering with it. I've had two semesters interrupted by brain tumour-related trouble. I'm not even in semester this time because my university fucked up their records among other things, meaning there was a lot of drama wrt enrolments I couldn't solve before the deadline. That's okay because I'd have to withdraw from this semester too. I'm pretty upbeat about my bad health and disabilities, but if there's one thing that gets me down, it's the frequent interruptions to my high school and tertiary education. I've been in university quite awhile now (three years, but I changed major among other things), which is sad to remember, but then I realise that also means I just have a lot of time ahead and plenty of people my age won't even be going to university until next year (or until they're like 30, or at all), so it puts it in perspective.

I'm looking at moving to university next year, but recent news means I might have to delay that again. It's a little daunting because I've been sheltered very heavily by my parents as a result of my disabilities -- something I commonly mention is I wasn't allowed to use a knife sharper than a butter knife until several years ago -- and so I have all these life skills I know I need to acquire to become ready for even that degree of independence. I'm pretty good at adapting. I know it's gonna be hard but at least I'm not a bad learner.

Other stuff:

- I play, watch, and talk about League of Legends most of the day. I wish I played more!

- When I'm not on the computer, I love to read and probably read about a hundred books a year, more when I was little and just read all day. I just finished Mastiff by Tamora Pierce and I'm about to commence with After Dark by Haruki Murakami or The Gambler by Fyodor Dostoevsky, whichever I feel like later.

- I have a huge plushie collection. If you went into my room you'd just see my computer and books piled haphazardly everywhere and plushies. And also my handbag collection because my mom bought me heaps as a kid and I became obsessed with collecting them, but it's a smaller collection because I always tell myself 'you don't need another handbag' and who tells themselves that about plushies?

- I sleep ten hours a day, but nobody believes me because I use IRC a lot and on any given day I could rise at literally any hour, so everyone has this idea I'm around 24/7 when actually the time I'm around just changes frequently.

----

Fabbles, I winced reading the description of your surgery >_< Good luck, I hope your feet will recover a hell of a lot more, and props on enduring that kind of operation twice.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
-Turned 20 last Sunday
-3rd year in college
-gonna be a professor of something someday or maybe just marry rich
hobbies:
reading
travelling
addiction, minor
Squash
music

I'm an 18-year-old Australian female. I'm trying to study computer science, but my bad health keeps interfering with it. I've had two semesters interrupted by brain tumour-related trouble.
Woah... Jumpluff, I never knew, stay strong and positive. Which uni do u go to? I'll buy u lunch someday.

Btw how did u get to uni when u were 14/15 years old? I think computer science (advanced) needs an atar of 90+ so...you must have an IQ of 140+ ???

15, Junior in HS, watch 3-4 movies a day, play a few hours of Pokemon, still make A's.

If i can do it so can y'all.

And I am very sorry Jumpluff, I hope you do get better.

-Will be 24 at the end of the month.
-I've been working at a software company outside of Madison, WI for a little over a year.
-I enjoy camping and hiking.
-Just got out of a four year relationship =(
-My favorite thing to do is play music with other people.
-I also enjoy discussing philosophy, especially in the context of "economics"

bump.. Just one of the last of my posts.

I'm 27, a 6'7" black guy living in the Philippines, in the far side of Pacific.. Wut!

Was born in Oklahoma, moved to New York after 4 years 'coz my father needed to move there for a job. Have no memory of Oklahoma really. My life was basketball, gameboy, PS, PC games and Math (yes, I'm one of those black geek). These are the only things I'm good at. Until one day, a white friend asked me if I could come to a small country to helped him finish his book (about basketball in that country). Then wow, I found my place. We went back to US, have a year of sleepless nights about the place, and made a big decision. I have to go there. Had to convince my father though, but I promised I'll finish my college (one of my friend's contacts told me they can give me scholarships if I could come), so he let me go.

So everything started there. Two-time college basketball MVP (I dunk on everybody, guys here are not so tall), two-time champion. Finished my college with degree of BS Math doing Actuarial Science. After some years, I got my dual citizenship. Played 4 years of pro basketball, until I got injured. While I was injured, I concentrated on 3 things: get an Actuarial job, take Actuarial exams and finish MS degree. Never went back to pro basketball since then.

Well, it's been almost 8 years since I've been here, and I can say I live a great life. I have my wife which is a Filipino (she's a Math geek too!), got 2 kids now (a 4 y.o. and a 1 y.o.) Everyday is exciting. Still loves pokemon but not playing anymore though.

So lets see.. who am I again?

• My real name is Bill
  • 19 yonks old
  • Single atm
  • I live the middle of nowhere (in a house somewhere in the West Country)
  • Currently studying for a degree in Geology at Plymouth University
  • Introverted though quite charismatic and a bit eccentric
  • I like cheese
  • Hobbies include hiking, sailing, painting, writing, cooking, bird watching, trainspotting and mineral collecting
  • I like going to the pub and taking part in pub quizzes
  • Cider FTW
  • Love music yet cannot play a single instrument well
  • Cannot dance at all - I like to think that I can sing though...
  • Did I mention I like cheese?

Aight then

So I am 17, turning 18 in January. I'm currently still in high school but plan to go to Med school or study Math after this year at university.

I work at a supermarket and it's cool :]

I haven't been on here in months because of my real life stuff (but good, not bad)! How's everyone been?

So, I'm 24 now. I finished my second degree (Law) at the end of last year, and spent the summer working at my university's law school as a tax law research assistant, a job I continued with for about 6 months of this year while I was seeking graduate employment with some difficulty (not having had a legal clerkship, and the main firms rarely recruit outside of their clerks for graduates).

I had a couple of interviews, but they didn't really go anywhere, and a couple of my professors with whom I worked at my RA job had put my name about looking for places, but nothing really came up.

Then, out of nowhere in late June, one of the big firms that had already turned me down for a tax-based grad role called me up asking me to come in for an interview. It turns out, one of the patent law partners was looking on their system of stored CV, and came across my CV and picked it out because of my first degree (Honours in Physics).

Eventually got the job there and started in August as a law graduate in the patent litigation team; basically my dream job! Not long after that, I moved out and am now living in a nice little apartment opposite Sydney Harbour. 15 minutes to work!

Other stuff:

- Girlfriend of 2.5 years who's a banker for one of our "Four Pillars".
- Hobbies are still MtG and Pokemon, but I feel the competitive scene in both of them is really stale at the moment, Pokemon especially so. Also JRPGs, but haven't seen a good one of those in ages.

And that's all I can think of.

-I've worked at the same grocery store for the past 6 years. I guess it's great to have a job, I just didn't imagine I would still be at the job I had in high school.
I worked as a supermarket cashier for 6 years - my last year of High School, then all the way through university. Ain't no thang.

I'm a 16 year old senior in HS in Bangalore, India. I moved from Iowa before 9th grade. I'm a 3 year starter on the Varsity basketball team, and beyond that and academics I have no life.

• 19 year old male
  • Junior at University of MD majoring in math/computer science (didn't skip anything, just a late birthday)
  • Ran in high school and still enjoy doing it now (nothing competitive, but my friends and I did the Baltimore marathon and that was a lot of fun)
  • Currently doing an off campus internship for the semester
  • Realizing from said internship that adulthood is going to be pretty boring unless I pick up more hobbies :/

Well, let's see here......

I'm a high school student that's currently having dreams of becoming a middle school teacher. Thinking about staying single as romantic issues have never been an interest to me (although my mother says it'll happen soon), and I've been getting really good grades in my academics.

Socially I've been doing ok, chatting with my 12 or so asian buddies at school (We call it the asian group plus one because im the only white guy in the group) and I've been going to a cool art youth group, hanging out with different kinds of people in the community. I've been thinking of doing a nuzlocke comic strip and posting it here on smogon for fun, but maybe not now. I've been hoping that I can help out smogon with any projects by giving artwork for them, and as a result I've been pushing myself lately to get better. Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to help more!

Religiously I'm a christian, and have some strong beliefs about God. Every now and then I'll stumble and screw up with my walk of faith, but I just keep on getting back on that horse and keep on rolling with it. And I'm not one of those self righteous folk that try and push their opinions on everyone else cause their way is the perfect and only way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)