Reuniclus (Update) (GP 2/2)

10th Analysis woot~

[pimg]609[/pimg]

Current Analysis

[Overview]

<p>Reuniclus's claim to fame is its ability to destroy fast offensive teams by turning their Speed against them or relatively weak stall teams by using them as setup fodder. Its ability, Magic Guard, aids it in this task, as it means that Reuniclus cannot be worn down by Life Orb recoil or statuses such as Toxic. This, when combined with above average bulk, a high Special Attack stat, instant recovery, and a resistance to ever-common Fighting-type moves, makes Reuniclus a dangerous Pokemon to handle. Despite these quirks, Reuniclus sometimes struggles to stand out. The main source of its competition comes from the Dream World, which gave the much frailer but more powerful and faster Alakazam Magic Guard. In addition, old foes such as Latias, who sports a Dragon typing, are still common in the metagame and give Reuniclus competition for a slot for a Psychic-type. When Reuniclus isn't in Trick Room, it is painfully slow, and its weakness to Pursuit and U-turn makes it susceptible to common Pokemon like Tyranitar and Scizor. Despite these flaws, Reuniclus is still a solid Pokemon that can devastate unprepared teams</p>

[SET]
name: Offensive Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Psychic / Psyshock
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Fire
item: Life Orb
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Quiet
evs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Trick Room is rarely deemed a viable strategy within the Overused tier, Reuniclus has all the tools it needs in order to use a Trick Room set well. Offensive teams that depend on their Speed to succeed tend to struggle against Reuniclus when it uses this set, and with a pathetic Speed stat of 58 with 0 IVs and a Quiet nature, everything in OU is outsped under Trick Room with the exception of Ferrothorn, who is incapable of dealing very much damage to Reuniclus. In addition, its ability prevents it from being worn down by weather, its own Life Orb, or a status, meaning that you have to survive its blows if you want to defeat it.</p>

<p>The ever tricky decision of Psychic or Psyshock applies here for the main STAB option. Generally, Psychic is the preferred option, as ironically many physical walls, such as Gliscor and Hippowdon, will be able to stall Reuniclus out of Trick Room turns since it doesn't have a strong enough special move to hit them with. However, Psyshock is still useful in order to get past Terrakion in sandstorm, as well as Blissey and Chansey. Focus Blast is needed to hit Dark-types and Steel-types hard and hits Tyranitar, a Pokemon that can usually deal a lot of damage to Reuniclus, especially hard. Shadow Ball is the preferred option in the last slot, as it hits Latios, Latias, and Celebi harder than anything else Reuniclus has. However, outside of the rain, Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and Jirachi hard, and it still hits Celebi relatively hard. It also gives a reliable way to finish off Ferrothorn and Forretress as it will not miss, like Focus Blast often does.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed EVs maximize Reuniclus's overall bulk while still giving it maximum Special Attack. A Life Orb is the preferred item in order to boost Reuniclus's damage output, and a big advantage that Reuniclus has over other Life Orb users is that Magic Guard negates the recoil damage from it, meaning that Reuniclus is free to use it without drawbacks. Recover is usable here, as it can recover health if a wall is trying to wear down Reuniclus with repeated attacks, but the lack of residual damage wearing Reuniclus down, as well as a lack of coverage with only two moves, makes this a usually rather poor choice.</p>

<p>Psychic-types such as Celebi, Latios, Jirachi, and Latias are capable of taking even a super effective hit from Shadow Ball, or Hidden Power Fire in the case of Jirachi. Due to this, Tyranitar is a good partner for Reuniclus, as with the exception of Jirachi, it can hit them hard and potentially OHKO with Crunch or, if they flee, it can Pursuit them for similar results. In addition to this, Reuniclus is immune to sandstorm damage, meaning that Tyranitar's ability to summon it only helps Reuniclus wear down the opponent. Because Reuniclus is one of the only Pokemon that is viable in OU to set up and take advantage of Trick Room, other slow, powerful Pokemon such as Conkeldurr and, once again, Tyranitar work well as they can deal massive damage when under these conditions while also being difficult to outspeed.</p>

<p>If Psychic is used over Psyshock, Blissey and Chansey are capable of stalling out Trick Room turns with their massive Special Defense and their instant healing. Fighting-type Pokemon can easily prey upon the two's weakness to their STAB attacks. Pokemon like Breloom are capable of OHKOing them easily, but two Pokemon that stand out as Fighting-type partners are Lucario and Terrakion due to their ability Justified. Due to this, if Reuniclus were to be in danger of being hit by a Dark-type move that is not Pursuit, these Pokemon can switch in and get an Attack boost, making them more powerful. On a similar note, Fighting-types can also deal with Tyranitar reliably, which is useful as it can take a Focus Blast from Reuniclus with enough investment, if it even hits at all. Scizor is also a common threat to Reuniclus and will most likely try to use U-turn on it to do a lot of damage or Bullet Punch it to finish it off and ignore the Trick Room conditions; Heatran takes very little damage from either move and can OHKO Scizor.</p>

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Recover
move 3: Psyshock
move 4: Focus Blast
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>When Reuniclus was first introduced, this set was considered to be nearly unbreakable, due to its demolition of stall teams and large bulk with enough boosts. However, stall teams have become rather uncommon in BW2, thanks to new threats like Tornadus-T and Technician Breloom being able to power through them easily. Additionally, even with maximum bulk, certain things like Choice Band Garchomp are still able to 2HKO Reuniclus with their powerful STAB moves, and it doesn't have very many resistances. Despite this, Reuniclus is still one of the best stallbreakers in the OU tier thanks to its access to an instant recovery move, as well as Magic Guard, which means it cannot be worn down by Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, sandstorm damage, and other residual damage. Because stall teams are generally weak, Reuniclus can set up Calm Minds and then begin to power through them. It isn't only stall teams that Reuniclus can set up on; it can also up on things like Conkeldurr that cannot hit it hard.</p>

<p>Calm Mind, of course, is the crux of this set, as it allows Reuniclus to take more hits on its uninvested Special Defense and makes it hit harder. When the opponent begins to put notable damage upon Reuniclus, Recover can heal 50% of its health, which also means there is more time to set up Calm Minds. Psyshock is the preferred option to get past Chansey and Blissey, as well as other special walls. Focus Blast is used to get past Dark- and Steel-types, especially Tyranitar.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This set maximizes Reuniclus's physical bulk, and the more investment it has in its physical bulk, the more likely it is to avoid an OHKO from Choice Band Tyranitar's Crunch. Leftovers is preferred in order to naturally recover health as it is setting up. Even though Reuniclus doesn't take any residual damage, the extra healing is still appreciated. However, a Life Orb can be used as Magic Guard means that Reuniclus won't take any damage from it, which essentially gives it a free boost, and even though this particular Reuniclus doesn't invest in its Special Attack, the boost can still be appreciated.</p>

<p>Because Reuniclus will get outsped by Tyranitar and Scizor, both of which can deal massive damage to it, Reuniclus needs partners to take their STAB moves. Preferably, get these Pokemon eliminated as fast as possible so that Reuniclus can boost late-game and sweep. Tyranitar can be OHKOed by Fighting-type Pokemon such as Terrakion, and Scizor can be dealt with by using Fire-types like Heatran. Infernape can OHKO both Tyranitar and Scizor as it has access to Fighting- and Fire-type STAB moves, but it is incapable of switching in as easily thanks to its subpar bulk. This set's coverage isn't hitting Psychic-type Pokemon very hard, so support from Tyranitar is appreciated as it can defeat Celebi, Latios, and Latias with its STAB Crunch or Pursuit. Jirachi, a Psychic-type which Tyranitar struggles against, is taken care of by powerful Ground-type moves from Pokemon such as Hippowdon and Landorus. Note that Hippowdon and Tyranitar's Sand Stream is an additional way to wear down the opponent.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Reuniclus has a few other options to consider. A Life Orb + 3 attacks set with Recover might seem like a good idea at first, but this is a scenario in which Alakazam is more useful, mainly because it is much faster than Reuniclus and won't be forced to take repeated hits. Due to the ubiquity of rain, Thunder is an option to hit Water-type Pokemon, as well as Tornadus-T, for massive damage. Energy Ball and Grass Knot provide similar utility, but the main issue with these moves is that Reuniclus doesn't have the space in its moveset. Regenerator is a great ability, but Reuniclus can generally take more advantage of Magic Guard, as it doesn't switch out very often. Reuniclus can play defensively and provide support with moves like Thunder Wave or Dual Screens, but its subpar defensive typing makes other Pokemon better at this. Finally, Trick can pull off some interesting strategies, such as Tricking a Flame Orb onto the opponent as a lure, but this requires a lot of prediction to pull off, as a burned Reuniclus is a rather easy way to indicate that the opponent should avoid switching in their Scizor.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Reuniclus can be difficult to counter when it has set up, but there are numerous Pokemon that can defeat it both before and afterwards. Jirachi is probably the best counter, as it takes very little damage from any of Reuniclus's moves and can wear it down with repeated Iron Heads. Latias resists almost everything Reuniclus can throw at it, and even if it has Shadow Ball, Latias can avoid the 2HKO and recover off the damage fairly easily. Specially defensive Celebi avoids a 2HKO from Shadow Ball as well, meaning that both can stall out Trick Room turns. Latios is similar to Latias, and even though it won't take Shadow Balls as easily, its powerful STAB Dragon-type moves can power through Reuniclus. Slowking's large Special Defense allows it to take repeated hits, and thanks to Regenerator and Slack Off it is easy for Slowking to heal off damage from Shadow Ball. Due to Hidden Power Fire being pretty uncommon, Scizor can usually deal with Reuniclus fairly easily and OHKO it with a STAB Bug-type move, catch it as it flees with Pursuit, or finish it off with a strong Bullet Punch.</p>

<p>Volcarona easily OHKOes Reuniclus with Bug Buzz and isn't weak to any of its moves, though it must watch out for Psyshock, which preys on its mediocre physical bulk. Tyranitar takes a lot of damage from Focus Blast, so it cannot take down the Trick Room set reliably, but against the Calm Mind set, with a Choice Band, it can usually OHKO with Crunch or catch it on the switch with Pursuit. Unless there is a variation in Reuniclus's Calm Mind set, Sableye completely walls that particular Reuniclus, and can Taunt it so it is unable to recover. Without Psyshock, Blissey and Chansey can wall the Trick Room set, but be warned that they are often setup fodder for the Calm Mind set. Anything with Sucker Punch is a pain for the Trick Room set, but unfortunately the only Pokemon commonly seen in OU with the move happens to be Toxicroak, which is easily OHKOed by a STAB move. Finally, despite Reuniclus's decent bulk, powerful physical attackers like Choice Band Garchomp can 2HKO it with powerful STAB moves. Because Reuniclus is very slow, it will get worn down rather easily, as it will have to take a hit from nearly everything before it can retaliate as long as it isn't under Trick Room conditions.</p>

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now this is pretty damn odd. I can't find anything on those EVs that the Offensive Trick Room set uses now. I recall back then when Sand Veil Garchomp / Sandstorm was popular, those EVs were tailored to avoid a 2HKO from Garchomp or something?

Anyhow, when you get back to this, you should mention Life Orb on the Calm Mind set, since people I see on the ladder still actually use it. In the OO, also mention a Life Orb + Three attacks set, and mention that Alakazam gives it competition because it's faster and generally more useful for offensive teams. Also, thanks for removing the Flame Orb set... that thing needed to be gone for a long while now :1

Well, I´ve been using Reuniclus for quite a while now (mostly OTR), so I think I may discuss the matter a bit.

OTR set: I think Psychic should be the primary option instead of Psyshock. Other than Alakazam, Reuniclus doesn´t have the 4th slot HP[Ice] to destroy Gliscor, and Shadow Ball doesn´t quite do enough damage. In a similar vein, this is true for opposing Hippowdon.
Psyshock has a more defensive vein that it is useful for: It is used to do more damage to CM-Keldeo (and Virizion) as well as Terrakion in the sandstorm. Also it can pick off Blissey from around 70% (Chansey needs to be at lower health). The problem is, if you´re using Psyshock to get rid of Blissey, you´re easily going to waste too many of your precious TR turns on taking out Blissey (or, as stated above, Hippowdon/Gliscor), which is bad, because Reuniclus definitely needs TR to sweep. So I´d suggest using Psychic and a strong Fighting-type to accompany Reuniclus (which is helpful against Tyranitar and Hetran anyway.)

Also, two Pokémon that check this set are specially defensive Jellicent and Celebi. Even a super effective Life Orb-boosted Shadow Ball won´t 2HKO, if they recover, which means less TR turns, which is critical.

CM: I used CM in one or two teams only. In my opinion, it is very hard to pull off on a poké as slow as Reuniclus; since there are quite some powerhouses ready to OHKO (CB Tar, CB Scizor) or at least 2HKO (Garchomp, Terrakion etc.), meaning Reuniclus is either forced to recover again and again or nab a kill (if it is one indeed) and get killed at instant or later in the match when it is death-foddered (I found myself not getting much out of a 35%-reuniclus).

thanks for removing the Flame Orb set... that thing needed to be gone for a long while now :1
^Word. Both Tyranitar and Scizor aren´t used often enough to warrant this set.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I know this is a WIP, but I'd like to give in my two cents because I love Reuniclus and think it should be used more. Anyways, here's what I have to say:

I personally believe you need to stress reasons to use this thing over say, Alakazam, who is faster and stronger. Reuniclus has bulk and access to TR, which are what make it stand out.

You may also need to mention important teammates for Reun in the AC, particularly Pokemon who can take advantage of TR such as Ttar and Conk in the OTR set. As for CM, mention a Fighting-type is extremely helpful for taking down the likes of Ttar and to a much smaller extent, Blissey. Ttar can wear it down with Crunch if Reun hasn't gotten it's CM's up and ready.

I don't even think T-Wave deserves a mention at all. Reuniclus is far too slow to utilize that move effectively, because even after it cripples an opponent, it still fails to outspeed them. Unless it's something like Conkeldurr or 0 Spe Tyranitar, which isn't really saying much.

No, Sucker Punch isn't really common in OU. The only common user of it is Toxicroak, who gets wrecked by Psychic or Psyshock in an instant. The only Sucker Punch users who pose a remotely competent threat to Reun are Honchkrow and Bisharp, and neither of them see much use in OU.

Finally, don't even mention Spiritomb. Just mention Sableye. Spiritomb is not only never used, but it's not good in OU at all. Don't mention it.

That's all I have to say on this.

EDIT: Yeah, good riddance Trick+Flame Orb set. If you really want that, just use Sigilyph.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mention like a support Rank in OO. A couple of times I ran into a set with Trick / T-Wave, Night Shade and something @ Flame Orb. It was paired with DS Espeon (with Rank burning Tar / Scizor / strong physical attackers) and was a fucking prick as it would lead the match (thus hiding Flame Orb) do its thing then Espeon would set up. Its a situational set, but a mention of T-Wave or status platform or something in OO is fair imo. (Pocket and Harsha agree with me)

No, Sucker Punch isn't really common in OU. The only common user of it is Toxicroak, who gets wrecked by Psychic or Psyshock in an instant.
Yea but Sucker Punch does a fair amount back, especially if its that LO SD + 3 Attacks set which is an utter prick. When you factor in Rank having to take a hit or so in order to set up TR, Sucker Punch looks very threatening. Just mention Toxicroak in Checks and counters I guess (tho its a very shaky check to Rank unless it can pull off a Swords Dance and predict the attack).

Tested CM Rank over the past few days. Its still very decent, and while its not as powerful as TR (since CM is easy to prepare for now) its still a nice bulky pivot and late game sweeper as opposed to OTR Rank which can tear things up mid game and late game. OTR is best and should be listed first, but CM is still worth a set in the analysis. (Mention that it really suffers from the large Jirachi usage as well as hard hitting pokemon that can 2KO it easily)

the 192 HP / 64 Def also lets Reuniclus survive a max atk ttar's crunch if you wanted to know the original purpose to put in the analysis (iirc)

I need to see max defense on the CM set rather than 56 SpD evs- this is huge because it's knocking on the door of surviving a CB Tar Crunch and max defense lets it do it a lot more often (89-106%). With that,

Also @ Bri 192 / 64 on the OTR set is there to maximize overall bulk mostly, it's annoyingly squishy physically with just max HP.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
This might be controversial, but I actually think Life Orb should be the main slash on CM Reuinclus. In this fast-paced meta, Rank appreciates having as much power as possible off the bat, since it often won't have time to boost. Plus, it is immune to sandstorm, so the lack of leftovers isn't really that detrimental.

GP check. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

[Overview]

<p>Reuniclus's claim to fame is its ability to destroy fast offensive teams by turning their speed (capitalize) against them or relatively weak stall teams by using them as set up setup fodder. Its ability, Magic Guard, aids it in this task, as it means that Reuniclus cannot be worn down by Life Orb recoil or statuses such as Toxic poison or a Life Orb, making the item risk free. This, when combined with an above-average above average bulk, a high special attack Special Attack, instant recovery, and a resistance to the ever-common Fighting-type moves, make makes Reuniclus a dangerous Pokemon to handle. Despite these quirks, Reuniclus sometimes struggles to stand out. The main source of its competition comes from the Dream World, which gave the much frailer but more powerful and faster Alakazam Magic Guard, which gives it a lot of competition. Even then In addition, old foes such as Latias, who sports a Dragon-typing, are still are common in the metagame and give it Reuniclus competition for a slot for a Psychic-type. When it Reuniclus isn't in Trick Room, Reuniclus it is painfully slow, and its weakness to Pursuit and U-turn makes it susceptible to common Pokemon like Tyranitar and Scizor. Despite these flaws, Reuniclus is still a solid Pokemon that can devastate unprepared teams.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Trick Room is rarely deemed a viable strategy within the Overused tier, Reuniclus has all the tools it needs in order to use a Trick Room set well. Although Trick Room is almost never seen within the tier, offensive Offensive teams that depend on their speed (capitalize) to succeed tend to struggle against Reuniclus when it uses this set, and with a pathetic speed (capitalize) stat of 58 with 0 IVs and a Quiet nature, everything in OU is outsped under Trick Room conditions with the exception of Ferrothorn, who is incapable of dealing very much damage to Reuniclus. In addition, thanks to its ability preventing it from being worn down by weather, its own Life Orb, or a status, it can be very hard to deal with.</p>

<p>The ever tricky decision of "Psychic or Psyshock" applies here for the main STAB option. Generally, however, Psychic is the preferred option, as ironically many physical walls, such as Gliscor and Hippowdon, will be able to stall it Reuniclus out of Trick Room turns since it doesn't have a strong enough special move to hit them with. However, Psyshock is still useful in order to get past Terrakion in a Sandstorm sandstorm, as well as Blissey and Chansey. Focus Blast is needed to hit Dark-types and Steel-types hard, (remove comma) and hits Tyranitar, a Pokemon that can usually deal a lot of damage to it Reuniclus, especially hard. Shadow Ball is the preferred option for the last slot, as it hits Latios, Latias, and Celebi harder than anything else Reuniclus has. However, outside of the Rain rain, Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and Jirachi hard, and it still hits Celebi relatively hard. It also gives a reliable way to finish off Ferrothorn and Forretress since as it will not miss like Focus Blast may often do does.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs listed maximize Reuniclus's overall bulk while still giving it maximum special attack Special Attack. A Life Orb is the preferred item in order to boost Reuniclus's damage output, and a big advantage of Reuniclus is that Magic Guard renders the recoil damage from the Life Orb that often wears down the Pokemon that hold the item, Magic Guard renders this side effect irrelevant. Recover is usable here, as it can recover health if a wall is trying to wear down Reuniclus with repeated attacks, but the lack of residual damage wearing Reuniclus down, as well as a lack of coverage with only two moves, makes this a usually rather poor choice.</p>

<p>Psychic-types such as Celebi, Latios, Jirachi, and Latias are capable of taking even a super effective hit from Shadow Ball, or in the case of Jirachi, a Hidden Power Fire. Due to this, Tyranitar is a good partner for Reuniclus, as with the exception of Jirachi, it can hit them hard and potentially OHKO with Crunch, (remove comma) or (add comma) if they flee, it can Pursuit them for similar results. In addition to this, Reuniclus is immune to sandstorm damage, meaning that Tyranitar's ability to summon it only helps Reuniclus wear down the opponent. Since Reuniclus is one of the only Pokemon that is viable in OU to set up and take advantage of Trick Room, other slow, powerful Pokemon such as Conkeldurr, (remove comma) and (add comma) once again (add comma) Tyranitar, (remove comma) work well as they can deal massive damage when under these conditions while also being difficult to be outspeed.</p>

<p>If the preference is Psychic is used over Psyshock, Blissey and Chansey are capable of stalling out Trick Room turns with their massive Special Defense and their instant healing. Fighting-type Pokemon can easily prey upon their the two's weakness to the move their STAB attacks. Pokemon like Breloom and are capable of OHKOing them easily, but two Pokemon that stand out as Fighting-type partners are Lucario and Terrakion due to their ability Justified. Due to this, if Reuniclus were to be in danger of being hit by a Dark-type move that is not Pursuit, these Pokemon can switch in and get an attack (capitalize) boost, making them more powerful. In On a similar note, Fighting-types can also deal with Tyranitar reliably, which is useful as it may be able to can take a Focus Blast from Reuniclus with enough investment or the move may might miss. Scizor is also usually a common target for threat to Reuniclus and will most likely try to U-turn it to do a lot of damage, (remove comma) or Bullet Punch it to finish it off and ignore the Trick Room conditions, (change to semicolon) and Heatran takes very little damage from either move and can OHKO it Scizor.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>When Reuniclus was first introduced, this set was considered to be nearly unbreakable, due to its demolition of stall teams and large bulk with enough boosts. However, stall teams have become rather uncommon in BW2, thanks to new threats like Tornadus-T and Technician Breloom being able to power through them easily, (start new sentence) as well as the fact that Additionally, even with maximum bulk, certain things like Choice Band Garchomp are still able to 2HKO it Reuniclus with their powerful STAB moves, and Reuniclus has not it doesn't have very many resistances. Despite this, Reuniclus is still one of the greatest stallbreakers in the OU tier thanks to its access to an instant recovery move, as well as Magic Guard, which means it cannot be worn down by Toxic, Will-o-Wisp Will-O-Wisp, Sandstorm sandstorm damage, and other residual damages damage. Since Stall stall teams are generally weak, Reuniclus can set up Calm Minds and then begin to power through them. It doesn't necessarily have to be a stall team isn't only stall teams that Reuniclus can set up on – (change to semicolon) it can also up on things like Conkeldurr that cannot hit it hard.</p>

<p>Calm Mind, of course, is the crux of this set, as it makes allows Reuniclus to take more hits on its uninvested Special Defense and makes it hit harder. When the opponent begins to put notable damage upon Reuniclus, Recover can heal 50% of its health, which also means there is more time to set up Calm Minds. Psyshock is the preferred option to get past Chansey and Blissey, as well as other special walls. Focus Blast is used to get past Dark- and Steel-types, especially Tyranitar, and with enough boosts it will take care of any special attacking you are Reuniclus is missing out on with Psyshock over Psychic.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This set maximizes Reuniclus's physical bulk, and the more investment it has in its physical bulk, the more likely it is to avoid a OHKO from Choice Band Tyranitar's Crunch. Leftovers is preferred in order to naturally recover health as it is setting up. Even though Reuniclus doesn't take any residual damage, the extra healing is still appreciated. However, a Life Orb can be used as Magic Guard means that it Reuniclus won't take any damage from it, which essentially gives it a free boost, and even though this particular Reuniclus doesn't invest in its special attack Special Attack, the boost can still be appreciated.</p>

<p>Since it Reuniclus will get outsped by Tyranitar and Scizor, both of which can deal massive damage to it, Reuniclus needs partners to take their STAB moves. Preferably, get Pokemon like this eliminated as fast as possible so then the boosts can allow Reuniclus to can boost late-game and sweep. Tyranitar can be OHKOed by Fighting-type Pokemon such as Terrakion (add comma) and Scizor can be dealt with by using Fire-types like Heatran. Infernape can OHKO both Tyranitar and Scizor since it has access to Fighting- and Fire-type STAB moves, but it is incapable of switching in as easily thanks to its subpar bulk. Psychic + Fighting coverage isn't hitting Psychic-type Pokemon very hard, so support from Tyranitar is appreciated as it can defeat Celebi, Latios, and Latias with its STAB Crunch or Pursuit. Jirachi, another a Psychic-type whom which Tyranitar struggles against, is taken care of by powerful, (remove comma) Ground-type moves from Pokemon such as Hippowdon or Landorous and Landorus. Note that Hippowdon and Tyranitar's Sand Stream is an additional way to wear down the opponent.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Reuniclus has a few other options to consider. A Life Orb + 3 Attacks attacks set may might seem like a good idea at first, but this is a scenario in which Alakazam is more useful, mainly since it is much faster than Reuniclus and won't be forced to take repeated hits. Due to the ubiquity of Rain rain, Thunder is an option to hit Water-type Pokemon, as well as Tornadus-T, for massive damage. Energy Ball and Grass Knot provide similar utilities utility, but the main issue with these three moves is that Reuniclus doesn't have the space in its moveset. Regenerator is a great ability, but Reuniclus can generally take more advantage of the advantages provided by Magic Guard, since as it doesn't switch out very often. Reuniclus can play defensively and provide support with moves like Thunder Wave or Dual Screens, but its subpar defensive typing makes other Pokemon better at this. Finally, Trick can pull off some interesting strategies, such as Tricking a Flame Orb onto the opponent as a lure, but this requires a lot of prediction to pull off, as a burned Reuniclus is a rather easy way to indicate that the opponent should avoid switching in their Scizor.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Reuniclus can be difficult to counter when it has set up, but there are numerous Pokemon that can defeat it both before and afterwards. Jirachi is probably the best counter, as it takes very little damage from any of its Reuniclus's moves, (remove comma) and can wear it down Reuniclus with repeated Iron Heads. Latias resists almost everything Reuniclus can throw at it, and even if it has Shadow Ball, Latias can avoid the 2HKO can and recover damage off the hit fairly easily. Specially Defensive defensive Celebi avoids a 2HKO from Shadow Ball as well, meaning that both can stall out Trick Room turns. Latios is similar to Latias, and even though it won't take Shadow Balls as easy easily, its powerful Dragon STAB moves can power through Reuniclus. Slowking's large Special Defense can allow allows it to take repeated hits, and thanks to Regenerator and Slack Off (add comma) it is easy for Slowking to heal off damage from a Shadow Ball. Due to Hidden Power Fire being pretty uncommon, Scizor can usually deal with Reuniclus fairly easily and OHKO it with a STAB Bug move, catch it with Pursuit, or finish it off with a strong Bullet Punch.</p>

<p>Volcarona easily OHKOs it OHKOes Reuniclus with Bug Buzz and it isn't weak to any of Reuniclus's its moves, though it must watch out for Psyshock, which preys on its mediocre physical bulk. Tyranitar takes a lot of damage from Focus Blast (add comma) so is unreliable to it cannot take down the Trick Room set reliably, but against the Calm Mind set, with a Choice Band, it can usually OHKO with Crunch, (remove comma) or catch it on the switch with Pursuit. Unless there is a variation in Reuniclus's Calm Mind set, Sableye completely walls Reuniclus, and can Taunt it so it is unable to recover. Without Psyshock, Blissey and Chansey can wall the Trick Room set, but be warned they are often set up setup fodder for the Calm Mind set. Anything with Sucker Punch is a pain for the Trick Room set, but unfortunately the only Pokemon commonly seen in OU with the move happens to be Toxicroak, which is easily OHKOed by a STAB move. Finally, despite its Reuniclus's decent bulk, powerful physical attackers like Choice Band Garchomp can 2HKO it with powerful STAB moves. Since Reuncilus Reuniclus is very slow, it will get worn down rather easily, since it will have to take a hit from nearly everything before it can retaliate as long as it isn't under Trick Room conditions.</p>

[gp]1/2[/gp]

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>Reuniclus's claim to fame is its ability to destroy fast offensive teams by turning their Speed against them or relatively weak stall teams by using them as setup fodder. Its ability, Magic Guard, aids it in this task, as it means that Reuniclus cannot be worn down by Life Orb recoil or statuses such as Toxic poison. This, when combined with above average bulk, a high Special Attack stat, instant recovery, and a resistance to the ever-common Fighting-type moves, makes Reuniclus a dangerous Pokemon to handle. Despite these quirks, Reuniclus sometimes struggles to stand out. The main source of its competition comes from the Dream World, which gave the much frailer but more powerful and faster Alakazam Magic Guard. In addition, old foes such as Latias, who sports a Dragon- typing, are still common in the metagame and give Reuniclus competition for a slot for a Psychic-type. When Reuniclus isn't in Trick Room, it is painfully slow, and its weakness to Pursuit and U-turn makes it susceptible to common Pokemon like Tyranitar and Scizor. Despite these flaws, Reuniclus is still a solid Pokemon that can devastate unprepared teams.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Trick Room is rarely deemed a viable strategy within the Overused tier, Reuniclus has all the tools it needs in order to use a Trick Room set well. Offensive teams that depend on their Speed to succeed tend to struggle against Reuniclus when it uses this set, and with a pathetic sSpeed stat of 58 with 0 IVs and a Quiet nature, everything in OU is outsped under Trick Room conditions with the exception of Ferrothorn, who is incapable of dealing very much damage to Reuniclus. In addition, thanks to its ability preventings it from being worn down by weather, its own Life Orb, or a status, meaning that can byou have to survivery hard its blows if you want to deal wfeat ith.</p>

<p>The ever tricky decision of "Psychic or Psyshock" applies here for the main STAB option. Generally, however, Psychic is the preferred option, as ironically many physical walls, such as Gliscor and Hippowdon, will be able to stall Reuniclus out of Trick Room turns since it doesn't have a strong enough special move to hit them with. However, Psyshock is still useful in order to get past Terrakion in a sandstorm, as well as Blissey and Chansey. Focus Blast is needed to hit Dark-types and Steel-types hard and hits Tyranitar, a Pokemon that can usually deal a lot of damage to Reuniclus, especially hard. Shadow Ball is the preferred option forin the last slot, as it hits Latios, Latias, and Celebi harder than anything else Reuniclus has. However, outside of the rain, Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and Jirachi hard, and it still hits Celebi relatively hard. It also gives a reliable way to finish off Ferrothorn and Forretress as it will not miss, like Focus Blast often does.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs listed EVs maximize Reuniclus's overall bulk while still giving it maximum Special Attack. A Life Orb is the preferred item in order to boost Reuniclus's damage output, and a big advantage ofthat Reuniclus has over other Life Orb users is that Magic Guard rendernegates the recoil damage from the Life Orbit, meaning that often wears down the Pokemon that hold thReuniclus is free to use item irrelevant without drawbacks. Recover is usable here, as it can recover health if a wall is trying to wear down Reuniclus with repeated attacks, but the lack of residual damage wearing Reuniclus down, as well as a lack of coverage with only two moves, makes this a usually rather poor choice.</p>

<p>Psychic-types such as Celebi, Latios, Jirachi, and Latias are capable of taking even a super effective hit from Shadow Ball, or in the case of Jirachi, a Hidden Power Fire in the case of Jirachi. Due to this, Tyranitar is a good partner for Reuniclus, as with the exception of Jirachi, it can hit them hard and potentially OHKO with Crunch or, if they flee, it can Pursuit them for similar results. In addition to this, Reuniclus is immune to sandstorm damage, meaning that Tyranitar's ability to summon it only helps Reuniclus wear down the opponent. SincBecause Reuniclus is one of the only Pokemon that is viable in OU to set up and take advantage of Trick Room, other slow, powerful Pokemon such as Conkeldurr, and, once again, Tyranitar, work well as they can deal massive damage when under these conditions while also being difficult to outspeed.</p>

<p>If Psychic is used over Psyshock, Blissey and Chansey are capable of stalling out Trick Room turns with their massive Special Defense and their instant healing. Fighting-type Pokemon can easily prey upon the two's weakness to their STAB attacks. Pokemon like Breloom are capable of OHKOing them easily, but two Pokemon that stand out as Fighting-type partners are Lucario and Terrakion due to their ability Justified. Due to this, if Reuniclus were to be in danger of being hit by a Dark-type move that is not Pursuit, these Pokemon can switch in and get an Attack boost, making them more powerful. On a similar note, Fighting-types can also deal with Tyranitar reliably, which is useful as it can take a Focus Blast from Reuniclus with enough investment or the move might miss, if it even hits at all. Scizor is also a common threat to Reuniclus and will most likely try to use U-turn on it to do a lot of damage or Bullet Punch it to finish it off and ignore the Trick Room conditions; Heatran takes very little damage from either move and can OHKO Scizor.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>When Reuniclus was first introduced, this set was considered to be nearly unbreakable, due to its demolition of stall teams and large bulk with enough boosts. However, stall teams have become rather uncommon in BW2, thanks to new threats like Tornadus-T and Technician Breloom being able to power through them easily. Additionally, even with maximum bulk, certain things like Choice Band Garchomp are still able to 2HKO Reuniclus with their powerful STAB moves, and it doesn't have very many resistances. Despite this, Reuniclus is still one of the greatbest stallbreakers in the OU tier thanks to its access to an instant recovery move, as well as Magic Guard, which means it cannot be worn down by Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, sandstorm damage, and other residual damage. SincBecause stall teams are generally weak, Reuniclus can set up Calm Minds and then begin to power through them. It isn't only stall teams that Reuniclus can set up on; it can also up on things like Conkeldurr that cannot hit it hard.</p>

<p>Calm Mind, of course, is the crux of this set, as it allows Reuniclus to take more hits on its uninvested Special Defense and makes it hit harder. When the opponent begins to put notable damage upon Reuniclus, Recover can heal 50% of its health, which also means there is more time to set up Calm Minds. Psyshock is the preferred option to get past Chansey and Blissey, as well as other special walls. Focus Blast is used to get past Dark- and Steel-types, especially Tyranitar, and with enough boosts it will take care of any special attacking Reuniclus is missing out on with Psyshock over Psychic.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This set maximizes Reuniclus's physical bulk, and the more investment it has in its physical bulk, the more likely it is to avoid an OHKO from Choice Band Tyranitar's Crunch. Leftovers is preferred in order to naturally recover health as it is setting up. Even though Reuniclus doesn't take any residual damage, the extra healing is still appreciated. However, a Life Orb can be used as Magic Guard means that Reuniclus won't take any damage from it, which essentially gives it a free boost, and even though this particular Reuniclus doesn't invest in its Special Attack, the boost can still be appreciated.</p>

<p>SincBecause Reuniclus will get outsped by Tyranitar and Scizor, both of which can deal massive damage to it, Reuniclus needs partners to take their STAB moves. Preferably, get these Pokemon like this eliminated as fast as possible so thenat Reuniclus can boost late-game and sweep. Tyranitar can be OHKOed by Fighting-type Pokemon such as Terrakion, and Scizor can be dealt with by using Fire-types like Heatran. Infernape can OHKO both Tyranitar and Scizor asince it has access to Fighting- and Fire-type STAB moves, but it is incapable of switching in as easily thanks to its subpar bulk. Psychic + FightingThis set's coverage isn't hitting Psychic-type Pokemon very hard, so support from Tyranitar is appreciated as it can defeat Celebi, Latios, and Latias with its STAB Crunch or Pursuit. Jirachi, a Psychic-type which Tyranitar struggles against, is taken care of by powerful Ground-type moves from Pokemon such as Hippowdon and Landorus. Note that Hippowdon and Tyranitar's Sand Stream is an additional way to wear down the opponent.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Reuniclus has a few other options to consider. A Life Orb + 3 attacks set with Recover might seem like a good idea at first, but this is a scenario in which Alakazam is more useful, mainly sincbecause it is much faster than Reuniclus and won't be forced to take repeated hits. Due to the ubiquity of rain, Thunder is an option to hit Water-type Pokemon, as well as Tornadus-T, for massive damage. Energy Ball and Grass Knot provide similar utility, but the main issue with these moves is that Reuniclus doesn't have the space in its moveset. Regenerator is a great ability, but Reuniclus can generally take more advantage of Magic Guard, as it doesn't switch out very often. Reuniclus can play defensively and provide support with moves like Thunder Wave or Dual Screens, but its subpar defensive typing makes other Pokemon better at this. Finally, Trick can pull off some interesting strategies, such as Tricking a Flame Orb onto the opponent as a lure, but this requires a lot of prediction to pull off, as a burned Reuniclus is a rather easy way to indicate that the opponent should avoid switching in their Scizor.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Reuniclus can be difficult to counter when it has set up, but there are numerous Pokemon that can defeat it both before and afterwards. Jirachi is probably the best counter, as it takes very little damage from any of Reuniclus's moves and can wear it down with repeated Iron Heads. Latias resists almost everything Reuniclus can throw at it, and even if it has Shadow Ball, Latias can avoid the 2HKO and recover damage off the hitdamage fairly easily. Specially defensive Celebi avoids a 2HKO from Shadow Ball as well, meaning that both can stall out Trick Room turns. Latios is similar to Latias, and even though it won't take Shadow Balls as easily, its powerful STAB Dragon STAB-type moves can power through Reuniclus. Slowking's large Special Defense allows it to take repeated hits, and thanks to Regenerator and Slack Off it is easy for Slowking to heal off damage from Shadow Ball. Due to Hidden Power Fire being pretty uncommon, Scizor can usually deal with Reuniclus fairly easily and OHKO it with a STAB Bug-type move, catch it as it flees with Pursuit, or finish it off with a strong Bullet Punch.</p>

<p>Volcarona easily OHKOes Reuniclus with Bug Buzz and isn't weak to any of its moves, though it must watch out for Psyshock, which preys on its mediocre physical bulk. Tyranitar takes a lot of damage from Focus Blast, so it cannot take down the Trick Room set reliably, but against the Calm Mind set, with a Choice Band, it can usually OHKO with Crunch or catch it on the switch with Pursuit. Unless there is a variation in Reuniclus's Calm Mind set, Sableye completely walls that particular Reuniclus, and can Taunt it so it is unable to recover. Without Psyshock, Blissey and Chansey can wall the Trick Room set, but be warned that they are often setup fodder for the Calm Mind set. Anything with Sucker Punch is a pain for the Trick Room set, but unfortunately the only Pokemon commonly seen in OU with the move happens to be Toxicroak, which is easily OHKOed by a STAB move. Finally, despite Reuniclus's decent bulk, powerful physical attackers like Choice Band Garchomp can 2HKO it with powerful STAB moves. Since Because Reuniclus is very slow, it will get worn down rather easily, asince it will have to take a hit from nearly everything before it can retaliate as long as it isn't under Trick Room conditions.</p>
[Overview]

<p>Reuniclus's claim to fame is its ability to destroy fast offensive teams by turning their Speed against them or relatively weak stall teams by using them as setup fodder. Its ability, Magic Guard, aids it in this task, as it means that Reuniclus cannot be worn down by Life Orb recoil or statuses such as Toxic. This, when combined with above average bulk, a high Special Attack stat, instant recovery, and a resistance to ever-common Fighting-type moves, makes Reuniclus a dangerous Pokemon to handle. Despite these quirks, Reuniclus sometimes struggles to stand out. The main source of its competition comes from the Dream World, which gave the much frailer but more powerful and faster Alakazam Magic Guard. In addition, old foes such as Latias, who sports a Dragon typing, are still common in the metagame and give Reuniclus competition for a slot for a Psychic-type. When Reuniclus isn't in Trick Room, it is painfully slow, and its weakness to Pursuit and U-turn makes it susceptible to common Pokemon like Tyranitar and Scizor. Despite these flaws, Reuniclus is still a solid Pokemon that can devastate unprepared teams</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While Trick Room is rarely deemed a viable strategy within the Overused tier, Reuniclus has all the tools it needs in order to use a Trick Room set well. Offensive teams that depend on their Speed to succeed tend to struggle against Reuniclus when it uses this set, and with a pathetic Speed stat of 58 with 0 IVs and a Quiet nature, everything in OU is outsped under Trick Room with the exception of Ferrothorn, who is incapable of dealing very much damage to Reuniclus. In addition, its ability prevents it from being worn down by weather, its own Life Orb, or a status, meaning that you have to survive its blows if you want to defeat it.</p>

<p>The ever tricky decision of Psychic or Psyshock applies here for the main STAB option. Generally, Psychic is the preferred option, as ironically many physical walls, such as Gliscor and Hippowdon, will be able to stall Reuniclus out of Trick Room turns since it doesn't have a strong enough special move to hit them with. However, Psyshock is still useful in order to get past Terrakion in sandstorm, as well as Blissey and Chansey. Focus Blast is needed to hit Dark-types and Steel-types hard and hits Tyranitar, a Pokemon that can usually deal a lot of damage to Reuniclus, especially hard. Shadow Ball is the preferred option in the last slot, as it hits Latios, Latias, and Celebi harder than anything else Reuniclus has. However, outside of the rain, Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and Jirachi hard, and it still hits Celebi relatively hard. It also gives a reliable way to finish off Ferrothorn and Forretress as it will not miss, like Focus Blast often does.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed EVs maximize Reuniclus's overall bulk while still giving it maximum Special Attack. A Life Orb is the preferred item in order to boost Reuniclus's damage output, and a big advantage that Reuniclus has over other Life Orb users is that Magic Guard negates the recoil damage from it, meaning that Reuniclus is free to use it without drawbacks. Recover is usable here, as it can recover health if a wall is trying to wear down Reuniclus with repeated attacks, but the lack of residual damage wearing Reuniclus down, as well as a lack of coverage with only two moves, makes this a usually rather poor choice.</p>

<p>Psychic-types such as Celebi, Latios, Jirachi, and Latias are capable of taking even a super effective hit from Shadow Ball, or Hidden Power Fire in the case of Jirachi. Due to this, Tyranitar is a good partner for Reuniclus, as with the exception of Jirachi, it can hit them hard and potentially OHKO with Crunch or, if they flee, it can Pursuit them for similar results. In addition to this, Reuniclus is immune to sandstorm damage, meaning that Tyranitar's ability to summon it only helps Reuniclus wear down the opponent. Because Reuniclus is one of the only Pokemon that is viable in OU to set up and take advantage of Trick Room, other slow, powerful Pokemon such as Conkeldurr and, once again, Tyranitar work well as they can deal massive damage when under these conditions while also being difficult to outspeed.</p>

<p>If Psychic is used over Psyshock, Blissey and Chansey are capable of stalling out Trick Room turns with their massive Special Defense and their instant healing. Fighting-type Pokemon can easily prey upon the two's weakness to their STAB attacks. Pokemon like Breloom are capable of OHKOing them easily, but two Pokemon that stand out as Fighting-type partners are Lucario and Terrakion due to their ability Justified. Due to this, if Reuniclus were to be in danger of being hit by a Dark-type move that is not Pursuit, these Pokemon can switch in and get an Attack boost, making them more powerful. On a similar note, Fighting-types can also deal with Tyranitar reliably, which is useful as it can take a Focus Blast from Reuniclus with enough investment, if it even hits at all. Scizor is also a common threat to Reuniclus and will most likely try to use U-turn on it to do a lot of damage or Bullet Punch it to finish it off and ignore the Trick Room conditions; Heatran takes very little damage from either move and can OHKO Scizor.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>When Reuniclus was first introduced, this set was considered to be nearly unbreakable, due to its demolition of stall teams and large bulk with enough boosts. However, stall teams have become rather uncommon in BW2, thanks to new threats like Tornadus-T and Technician Breloom being able to power through them easily. Additionally, even with maximum bulk, certain things like Choice Band Garchomp are still able to 2HKO Reuniclus with their powerful STAB moves, and it doesn't have very many resistances. Despite this, Reuniclus is still one of the best stallbreakers in the OU tier thanks to its access to an instant recovery move, as well as Magic Guard, which means it cannot be worn down by Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, sandstorm damage, and other residual damage. Because stall teams are generally weak, Reuniclus can set up Calm Minds and then begin to power through them. It isn't only stall teams that Reuniclus can set up on; it can also up on things like Conkeldurr that cannot hit it hard.</p>

<p>Calm Mind, of course, is the crux of this set, as it allows Reuniclus to take more hits on its uninvested Special Defense and makes it hit harder. When the opponent begins to put notable damage upon Reuniclus, Recover can heal 50% of its health, which also means there is more time to set up Calm Minds. Psyshock is the preferred option to get past Chansey and Blissey, as well as other special walls. Focus Blast is used to get past Dark- and Steel-types, especially Tyranitar.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Because Reuniclus will get outsped by Tyranitar and Scizor, both of which can deal massive damage to it, Reuniclus needs partners to take their STAB moves. Preferably, get these Pokemon eliminated as fast as possible so that Reuniclus can boost late-game and sweep. Tyranitar can be OHKOed by Fighting-type Pokemon such as Terrakion, and Scizor can be dealt with by using Fire-types like Heatran. Infernape can OHKO both Tyranitar and Scizor as it has access to Fighting- and Fire-type STAB moves, but it is incapable of switching in as easily thanks to its subpar bulk. This set's coverage isn't hitting Psychic-type Pokemon very hard, so support from Tyranitar is appreciated as it can defeat Celebi, Latios, and Latias with its STAB Crunch or Pursuit. Jirachi, a Psychic-type which Tyranitar struggles against, is taken care of by powerful Ground-type moves from Pokemon such as Hippowdon and Landorus. Note that Hippowdon and Tyranitar's Sand Stream is an additional way to wear down the opponent.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Reuniclus has a few other options to consider. A Life Orb + 3 attacks set with Recover might seem like a good idea at first, but this is a scenario in which Alakazam is more useful, mainly because it is much faster than Reuniclus and won't be forced to take repeated hits. Due to the ubiquity of rain, Thunder is an option to hit Water-type Pokemon, as well as Tornadus-T, for massive damage. Energy Ball and Grass Knot provide similar utility, but the main issue with these moves is that Reuniclus doesn't have the space in its moveset. Regenerator is a great ability, but Reuniclus can generally take more advantage of Magic Guard, as it doesn't switch out very often. Reuniclus can play defensively and provide support with moves like Thunder Wave or Dual Screens, but its subpar defensive typing makes other Pokemon better at this. Finally, Trick can pull off some interesting strategies, such as Tricking a Flame Orb onto the opponent as a lure, but this requires a lot of prediction to pull off, as a burned Reuniclus is a rather easy way to indicate that the opponent should avoid switching in their Scizor.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Reuniclus can be difficult to counter when it has set up, but there are numerous Pokemon that can defeat it both before and afterwards. Jirachi is probably the best counter, as it takes very little damage from any of Reuniclus's moves and can wear it down with repeated Iron Heads. Latias resists almost everything Reuniclus can throw at it, and even if it has Shadow Ball, Latias can avoid the 2HKO and recover off the damage fairly easily. Specially defensive Celebi avoids a 2HKO from Shadow Ball as well, meaning that both can stall out Trick Room turns. Latios is similar to Latias, and even though it won't take Shadow Balls as easily, its powerful STAB Dragon-type moves can power through Reuniclus. Slowking's large Special Defense allows it to take repeated hits, and thanks to Regenerator and Slack Off it is easy for Slowking to heal off damage from Shadow Ball. Due to Hidden Power Fire being pretty uncommon, Scizor can usually deal with Reuniclus fairly easily and OHKO it with a STAB Bug-type move, catch it as it flees with Pursuit, or finish it off with a strong Bullet Punch.</p>

<p>Volcarona easily OHKOes Reuniclus with Bug Buzz and isn't weak to any of its moves, though it must watch out for Psyshock, which preys on its mediocre physical bulk. Tyranitar takes a lot of damage from Focus Blast, so it cannot take down the Trick Room set reliably, but against the Calm Mind set, with a Choice Band, it can usually OHKO with Crunch or catch it on the switch with Pursuit. Unless there is a variation in Reuniclus's Calm Mind set, Sableye completely walls that particular Reuniclus, and can Taunt it so it is unable to recover. Without Psyshock, Blissey and Chansey can wall the Trick Room set, but be warned that they are often setup fodder for the Calm Mind set. Anything with Sucker Punch is a pain for the Trick Room set, but unfortunately the only Pokemon commonly seen in OU with the move happens to be Toxicroak, which is easily OHKOed by a STAB move. Finally, despite Reuniclus's decent bulk, powerful physical attackers like Choice Band Garchomp can 2HKO it with powerful STAB moves. Because Reuniclus is very slow, it will get worn down rather easily, as it will have to take a hit from nearly everything before it can retaliate as long as it isn't under Trick Room conditions.</p>

[gp]2/2[/gp]

Remember, since is only used to denote time, I can tell that you tried to avoid it, but towards the end it showed up more frequently. It's a tough habit to break, I know.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Good job!

I made a few changes (Psyshock ==> Psychic) and added this sentence:
Psyshock is a decent option over Psychic mainly to defeat Calm Mind Latios and Latias, but it has little utility other than that, as it isn't required to beat special walls such as Blissey.
which was from the previous analysis.

I also added
Psychic-types such as Mew and Deoxys-D can come in thanks to their resistances to Psychic and Focus Blast and Taunt Reuniclus to prevent it from using Calm Mind. Victini also resists Calm Mind Reuniclus's attacks, and it can severely damage Reuniclus with either V-create or U-turn.
To checks and counters, which was also from the previous analysis.

Uploading

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)