RMT Dream Team

Hey smogon. I got a brand new team I just made a few days a go based on TTar-Infernape core. Been winning quite a few matches so I thought I'd get it rated. So start rating

Edits in bold
Team building process

So I wanted an offensive core based around these two. They work pretty well together and I like how its working out.​

Next I needed a lead. I wanted a fast effective SRer and Azelf seems to fit the bill. It also helps cover my yucky ground weakness.​

Next I wanted a spinner to get rid of pesky hazards. Naturally I got the best, Starmie.​

After that I decided a revenge killer was needed and I started with Rotom-W.​

Then I realized Rotom isn't that powerful and went with Flygon.​

I decided I wanted a bit more ground coverage. Breloom seemed to fit the best.​

A closer look

@
8hp 140 atk 216spd 144spD
Jolly nature (+spd -spA)
- Stealth rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Explosion​

Chople Azelf now. Azelf is a fast and effective lead. He gets SR up every time and usually takes a poke with him because of explosion. Considering using Psychic over fire blast due to the amount of infernape and machamp leads. SR for set up. Taunt for slower leads. Fire blast for meta, forry, and skarm. Explosion for loads of damage.​

@ Life orb
4hp 252spd 252spA
Timid nature (+spd -atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice beam
- Recover

Starmie is a wonderful spinner and counter to many EQ users. I decided on Surf over Hydro Pump due to HP missing just when I need it most. It also can sponge status for me. Surf for powerful STAB. Tbolt for coverage. Ice beam for coverage. Spin to get read of hazards.​

@ Choice scarf
4hp 252atk 252spd
Jolly nature (+spd -spA)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone edge

Flygon is a neat revenge killer with access to U-turn and immunity to ground. Probably going to make him Naive because of fire blast. Outrage for powerful STAB. EQ for secondary STAB. U-turn for scouting. FB for steels who love to set up on this guy.​

@ Toxic orb
12hp 252atk 244spd
Adamant nature (+atk -spA)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus punch
- Seed bomb​

Standard sporepuncher. Works great to help on the coverage and spread a little bit of status. Spore for sleep. Sub for protection. FP for HUGE damage. Seed bomb for secondary STAB.​

@ Life orb
252atk 64spA 192spd
Naive nature (+spd -spD)
- Overheat
- Close combat
- Mach punch
- U-turn​

Part 1 of my great duo. His speed and power mop up late game. With strong moves like Overheat and CC he can sweep quite well. Overheat for STAB. CC for secondary STAB. SE for coverage. U-turn for coverage and scouting.​

@ Lum berry
4hp 252atk 252spd
Jolly nature (+spd -spA)
- Dragon dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone edge​

Part 2 of my amazing duo. After one DD ttar is a beast. Hell its great before as well. It can help cover Nape quite well. DD for set up. Crunch for STAB. EQ for coverage. SE for secondary STAB.​

well theres my team please rate and comment​

unless he has several dds up his sleeve already, i can see cb scizor bullet punching the life out of your ttar. try replacing lum with babiri, so you can survive aforementioned attack, and replace eq with fire punch for an ohko. that is, unless you dont mind switching out to infernape, losing all your hard-earned dds ;p

hope it helps :D

Your team is good and your sets work well together so I don't have too much to say. First off, run Thunderpunch or Stone Edge > Fire Blast on Flygon. You're really going to appreciate the insurance it gives against any Gyarados carrying Bounce or Ice Fang to take out Breloom. Now about Starmie. With Sandstorm and Life Orb damage really taking a huge toll on Starmie I would suggest trying out Recover over Rapid Spin. Entry hazards aren't all that much of a problem since you have a fast Taunt lead, Lum Berry on Tyranitar to prevent T-spikes damage, and only one possible place for them to be easily setup in Flygon who will generally be U-turning more often than not. Try running 120 HP EVs on Breloom. This stops Gliscor from breaking your subs with EQ. Many teams don't have a better check to Breloom than Gliscor and with EQ 2HKOing your subs you can do enough damage to Gliscor to stop it from countering Tar.

Now, you really need an answer to Swords Dance Lucario who after setting up on Flygon locked into Outrage can OHKO everyone on your team. An easy way to fix this would just be to run Mach Punch on Infernape. However I'd like to suggest something else. Infernape doesn't work great with Tyranitar since they share weaknesses and Infernape really hates SS ruining its sweeps. Try running a mixed Jirachi in its place. This gives you a Lucario check and it works well with Tyranitar since it lures out Swampert, Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Scizor all of whom could end Tyranitar's sweep. That's all I have to say. gl

Jirachi @ Expert Belt | Serene Grace
Naive | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Grass Knot / Iron Head / Ice Punch / Fire Punch

Honestly, I would scrap DD ttar if I were you. Theres too many things in this metagame to take on DD ttar even if it gets a few DD's in. I also dont really like the combo of Starmie/Nape because of their pancake D and ability to be easily taken out by faster sweepers.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. This team looks quite solid.

I don't see the need for Rapid Spin on Starmie, given that your team is not especially vulnerable to entry hazards. Therefore I would use Recover instead for added longevity.

You need to find a way to counter Lucario, as your team is simply 6-0ed after a single SD at the moment. I would try Mach Punch on INfernape, which can take Lucario out with a little residual damage or after a CC drop.

Since DD Gyarados can give you some problems, I would suggest Thunderpunch or Stone Edge over Fire Blast on Flygon. Most of your team cares little for Skarmory, the main target, who can be easily U-turned out of on a predicted switch. Thunderpunch is the more reliable option but has less use beyond simply revenge-killing +1 Gyarados.

Finally, I would suggest that you try running the Colbur berry version of Azelf. A simple lead Machamp could cause some problems for your team, and I think you would benefit from the increased bulk, and from U-turn regardless. Honestly, I believe it to be a superior set to the standard. The set is Jolly, 252hp, 216 speed, rest in attack or defense, and a moveset of SR/Taunt/U-turn/Explosion. The extra bulk lets it survive until later such that it can Explode in a tight situation or scout with U-turn. Also note that the colbur berry helps to mitigate to an extent the shared weaknesses of Azelf and Starmie, without denying you that setup bait in the form of a choice-locked pursuit. A defensively EVed Azelf (252hp 40def) can also beat SD Lucario some of the time, lessening that weakness somewhat.

Good luck.

Hello,

The first thing I'd like to address is your Azelf lead. While this point isn't of major concern, don't depend on Azelf to cover ground weaknesses as you have listed; it is a suicide lead, and is meant to set up Stealth Rock, perhaps Taunt the opposing lead while at it, and then either faint or go down with Explosion.

Standard Lead Azelf suffers in the current metagame against Anti-Lead Machamp, which is extremely common now. Therefore, I'd like to second jc's suggestion of Colbur Azelf, whose set I shall post below for clarification:

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 140 Atk / 144 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- U-Turn

This set works in a fairly simple manner; it will perform relatively the same against other leads, but against Machamp, the Colbur Berry and EVs allow it to survive a Payback + Bullet Punch, leaving you safe to set up Stealth Rock and use Explosion on it if you wish.

Thunderpunch is a good suggestion over Fire Blast on Flygon, as is Recover over Rapid Spin on Starmie, for the aforementioned reasons. However, I would also like to mention that Hydro Pump is certainly the superior option on an offensive Starmie such as the one you are using. While its accuracy may be off-putting, please note that Surf, despite its perfect accuracy, misses out on some important KO's, such as against Gengar. In conclusion, Hydro Pump's power makes up for its accuracy in the long run, and will benefit you more than Surf.

Good luck with your team!

K time for questions.

Any suggestions for ttar replacement?
Gyarados? Decent synergy with Ape, although they share a rock weakness, and after a single turn of setup can put huge dents in your opponent. Flygon and Breloom cover the electric weaknesses (which is great, since a safe switch in to Breloom is always good, so you can set up sub and wreck havoc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)